Unregistered
03-06-2019, 10:47 PM
Did we get snowballed

Unregistered
03-06-2019, 11:09 PM
Same excuse different guy

Unregistered
03-06-2019, 11:14 PM
We were asking for 5% across the board. What did they offer. If it was the usual 3%, we need to start getting behind a stronger candidate now.

Unregistered
03-06-2019, 11:16 PM
he is in over his head.

Unregistered
03-06-2019, 11:20 PM
Obviously none of you were there...

Unregistered
03-06-2019, 11:22 PM

it was a typical as$ kissing crap show

Unregistered
03-07-2019, 12:15 AM
Go away pba.

Unregistered
03-07-2019, 12:20 AM
They offered an extra 3% if we can get Lahiff to pull his pants down below his nipples

Unregistered
03-07-2019, 12:38 AM
They offered an extra 3% if we can get Lahiff to pull his pants down below his nipples

I tell you what, we’ve waited and given plenty of chances, if you guys come back with 3% sh!t raises again, I’m signing a PBA Perc card, and I’m no fan of PBA. This getting beyond f$cking old.

Unregistered
03-07-2019, 12:40 AM

Ok enlighten us o wise one.

Unregistered
03-07-2019, 01:10 AM
If they did something different they would have been all over this telling us how good they did. But as usual we get crap.

Hwy jackass..we do not have any issues at BSO other than letting slugs be slugs. Most of the men and women here are great. We all know the districts that allow people to be slugs. And honestly, Coral Springs is more like Tamarac. No crazy things happen their all the time. Ita rare. And oh CS was so bad ass going there. This would have never happened in the not slug districts.

Unregistered
03-07-2019, 01:34 AM
Absolutely nothing happened today. BSO came in as if it were the first time seeing the contract despite having it for a month. Page by page the general counsel read the contract

Unregistered
03-07-2019, 01:54 AM
I tell you what, we’ve waited and given plenty of chances, if you guys come back with 3% sh!t raises again, I’m signing a PBA Perc card, and I’m no fan of PBA. This getting beyond f$cking old.

So I guess you are willing to take a 2% or less??? Cause that’s all the crappy PBA can ever get aint that right slobby Bobby.

Unregistered
03-07-2019, 02:19 AM
Well BSO offered a 3.5% to start with so take your PERC card and put it with the 400 Perc cards filled out for people without their knowledge and try again.

Unregistered
03-07-2019, 11:50 AM
i tell you what, we’ve waited and given plenty of chances, if you guys come back with 3% sh!t raises again, i’m signing a pba perc card, and i’m no fan of pba. This getting beyond f$cking old.

go away pba

Unregistered
03-07-2019, 12:21 PM
Typical. Stall, delay, don't pay.

Unregistered
03-07-2019, 01:23 PM
Well BSO offered a 3.5% to start with so take your PERC card and put it with the 400 Perc cards filled out for people without their knowledge and try again.

3.5% tells me this guy isn’t serious about remaining the sheriff here. We need a real leader who is serious about fixing this place. We are 20% behind the highest paid Police Departments in this area. Why is that important?

It’s important because we can’t compete for the best people. If we can’t get the best people we can’t provide the best services. If we can’t provide the best services we will continue to have catastrophic events not properly handled and we will eventually lose more contract cities. These liberal scumbag county commissioners have blood on their hands.

Until we get a sheriff in here who is strong enough to get the men and women of this agency up to par with other leading departments we will continue to slide downhill. Tell the Broward County Commissioners to shove their 3.5% straight up their corrupt asses.

Unregistered
03-07-2019, 01:31 PM
So I guess you are willing to take a 2% or less??? Cause that’s all the crappy PBA can ever get aint that right slobby Bobby.

No, I’m willing to do whatever it takes to get a union in here who is serious about negotiating a serious pay raise. If it’s IUPA so be it. If it’s not IUPA and it’s going to be FOP or somebody else then so be it. I can tell you I haven’t signed a perc card yet, but if they come back with 3.5% b&llsh!t raises then yes I will finally sign one. We should be asking for 7% across the board so we can catch up. They’re offering half of that. That tells me Broward County Commissioners once again are playing games and are not serious about fixing he issues in this county.

Unregistered
03-07-2019, 01:33 PM
3.5% tells me this guy isn’t serious about remaining the sheriff here. We need a real leader who is serious about fixing this place. We are 20% behind the highest paid Police Departments in this area. Why is that important?

It’s important because we can’t compete for the best people. If we can’t get the best people we can’t provide the best services. If we can’t provide the best services we will continue to have catastrophic events not properly handled and we will eventually lose more contract cities. These liberal scumbag county commissioners have blood on their hands.

Until we get a sheriff in here who is strong enough to get the men and women of this agency up to par with other leading departments we will continue to slide downhill. Tell the Broward County Commissioners to shove their 3.5% straight up their corrupt asses.

Sorry, the "best people" your friends, didn't add much. A percentage point up or down is irrelevant when the agency is dragging the MSD anchor. Take a point off to lose the "Coward" stigma any day.

Unregistered
03-07-2019, 01:36 PM

Keep making jokes, you’re now starting to pizz off people who once supported you. Don’t insult us with 3.5% again, don’t bother even bringing us a BS offer like that.

Unregistered
03-07-2019, 01:40 PM
Sorry, the "best people" your friends, didn't add much. A percentage point up or down is irrelevant when the agency is dragging the MSD anchor. Take a point off to lose the "Coward" stigma any day.

Taking a point off will not not lose the coward stigma. It will further cripple this agency.

Unregistered
03-07-2019, 02:16 PM
Keep making jokes, you’re now starting to pizz off people who once supported you. Don’t insult us with 3.5% again, don’t bother even bringing us a BS offer like that.

GFY and go join the PBA and see how that works out for you.

Unregistered
03-07-2019, 02:25 PM
Jeff, get the billboards and banner planes ready. Fox news on line one.

Unregistered
03-07-2019, 02:54 PM
Jeff, get the billboards and banner planes ready. Fox news on line one.

I pray that 3.5 was just a joke !! You want the troops behind you.... best to not insult us

Unregistered
03-07-2019, 03:18 PM
I pray that 3.5 was just a joke !! You want the troops behind you.... best to not insult us

No joke. He took off 1.5 percent for the beards.

Unregistered
03-07-2019, 03:43 PM

Go away PBA

Unregistered
03-07-2019, 03:45 PM
7%? LOL. Take a look at your monthly stats, and I bet the loudest people yelling for money have gooseeggs across the board. "I'd work harder if they pay me!" yeah right. We've turned into an agency of slugs and whiners. If they offered 3.5, then we should be able to get 4, and be happy with that.

Unregistered
03-07-2019, 04:25 PM
7%? LOL. Take a look at your monthly stats, and I bet the loudest people yelling for money have gooseeggs across the board. "I'd work harder if they pay me!" yeah right. We've turned into an agency of slugs and whiners. If they offered 3.5, then we should be able to get 4, and be happy with that.

Start with 7.5% and full-on denuclearization of NoKo.

Unregistered
03-07-2019, 04:39 PM
Both parties should agree on 3.5/5/3. The 5 being the step addition. This will put bso about the 11% total where they wanted to be.

Unregistered
03-07-2019, 04:57 PM

F$ck you and you’re 4% you’re weak and worthless if that’s your mentality. What’s that on your shirt? A pledge pin? A pledge pin????????!!!!!!!!!!!

Unregistered
03-07-2019, 05:02 PM
Both parties should agree on 3.5/5/3. The 5 being the step addition. This will put bso about the 11% total where they wanted to be.

11% over three years will still leave us 20% behind the leading departments in three years and maybe even more than that. Wtf is wrong with you guys????? F$ck getting a new sheriff let’s get a new Union first.

Jeff we didn’t vote for you so you could go in there and lay down in your back. You’ve fought a good fight so far, don’t quit in us in the 12th round. Ridiculous.

Unregistered
03-07-2019, 05:16 PM

No, No, No!!!! We asked for 5/5/5 which was stupid to begin with. There should have been a pay comparison with the other leading departments and we should have negotiated down from there. Instead, you gave them a very reasonable offer and they come back and offer you sh!t. Now we’re negotiating down from that. Stupid....,.,.

Unregistered
03-07-2019, 05:19 PM
No, No, No!!!! We asked for 5/5/5 which was stupid to begin with. There should have been a pay comparison with the other leading departments and we should have negotiated down from there. Instead, you gave them a very reasonable offer and they come back and offer you sh!t. Now we’re negotiating down from that. Stupid....,.,.

My bad, you are right. What the hell is going on here. We are in the drivers seat. We can push the nexr Sheriff

Unregistered
03-07-2019, 05:20 PM
GFY and go join the PBA and see how that works out for you.

No problem, time for FOP TO GET A TURN IN THE BARREL.

Unregistered
03-07-2019, 05:22 PM
My bad, you are right. What the hell is going on here. We are in the drivers seat. We can push the nexr Sheriff

That’s exactly right!!!!!!!!

Unregistered
03-07-2019, 05:35 PM

But Jeff will get the billboards out if needed.

Unregistered
03-07-2019, 05:46 PM
No problem, time for FOP TO GET A TURN IN THE BARREL.

Go away PBA

Unregistered
03-07-2019, 05:48 PM
Go away PBA

I’m IUPA and not happy with them right now.

Unregistered
03-07-2019, 05:51 PM
I’m IUPA and not happy with them right now.

Sure you are😉👌😉

Unregistered
03-07-2019, 05:59 PM
Sure you are😉👌😉

I most certainly am, I pay my dues every month, and if you’re negotiating 3% raises I’m not getting my money’s worth.

Unregistered
03-07-2019, 06:09 PM
I most certainly am, I pay my dues every month, and if you’re negotiating 3% raises I’m not getting my money’s worth.

Sgt Benny went right up to Major with ober a 20000 raise and we should take less than 5 percent...

Like the song says..

Thank you, next

Sheriff, next

Unregistered
03-07-2019, 06:37 PM

Ok PBA😉👌😉👌😉

Unregistered
03-07-2019, 09:21 PM
Same PBA poster making all the posts. All the smack talk after only one negotiation session. When have you ever seen a contract resolved in one sitting?

Unregistered
03-07-2019, 11:49 PM

This 11.5% total should be the end result making all parties happy. This along with adding the 3% to the 20 year longevity and 2% at 25 years.

Unregistered
03-08-2019, 03:40 AM
This 11.5% total should be the end result making all parties happy. This along with adding the 3% to the 20 year longevity and 2% at 25 years.

You better negotiate quick with temporary Tony, cause once Israel comes back DLE will get Butkus.
He hates DLE for the billboard and he will never forget it.

Unregistered
03-08-2019, 11:01 AM
Thank the governor, it’s the same shit show. Bullshit contract offer, ridiculous promotions and failure to flush previously wanded command staff.

Unregistered
03-08-2019, 03:49 PM
Thank the governor, it’s the same shit show. Bullshit contract offer, ridiculous promotions and failure to flush previously wanded command staff.

Exactly right, nothing has changed. Did you really expect it to?

Unregistered
03-08-2019, 04:03 PM

Lol, keep telling yourself that.

Unregistered
03-08-2019, 04:15 PM
Same PBA poster making all the posts. All the smack talk after only one negotiation session. When have you ever seen a contract resolved in one sitting?

I heard they offered 3% open and open. That translates to 3%, 0 and 0. Is this true or not? If it is true, you guys should hire a negotiator because that’s the worst negotiating I ever heard of. It tells me they aren’t taking us seriously. I’m not blaming the union for that, but perhaps rather your tactics in not starting from a position of power. You never start from where you want to end. Always start higher.

This is basic stuff and I know it’s so elementary you don’t want to hear it, but it’s the reason they offered you garbage right out of the gate. Now you’re going to half to scratch and claw up the side of a mountain to get anything decent. How many times does this place have to prove they don’t want to bargain in good faith? They don’t know the meaning of good faith, part of the problem here obviously.

None of these guys are any different from the people they replace. You have to go back to Ken Jenne to see a time we got a good raise. He was the only one who bargained in good faith and he was a crook. What does that tell ya??????

Unregistered
03-08-2019, 04:39 PM
I heard they offered 3% open and open. That translates to 3%, 0 and 0. Is this true or not? If it is true, you guys should hire a negotiator because that’s the worst negotiating I ever heard of. It tells me they aren’t taking us seriously. I’m not blaming the union for that, but perhaps rather your tactics in not starting from a position of power. You never start from where you want to end. Always start higher.

This is basic stuff and I know it’s so elementary you don’t want to hear it, but it’s the reason they offered you garbage right out of the gate. Now you’re going to half to scratch and claw up the side of a mountain to get anything decent. How many times does this place have to prove they don’t want to bargain in good faith? They don’t know the meaning of good faith, part of the problem here obviously.

None of these guys are any different from the people they replace. You have to go back to Ken Jenne to see a time we got a good raise. He was the only one who bargained in good faith and he was a crook. What does that tell ya??????

Incorrect PBA

Unregistered
03-08-2019, 04:54 PM
Incorrect PBA

Lol, not PBA, this is your membership talking to you whether you want to live in denial or not! So if it’s incorrect what was the offer?????? You can’t say can you?????

Unregistered
03-08-2019, 05:07 PM
Lol, not PBA, this is your membership talking to you whether you want to live in denial or not! So if it’s incorrect what was the offer?????? You can’t say can you?????

First was 3.5%/opener/opener, adding 3% to the 20 year longevity and 2% at 25 year longevity. It's only the first sit down and waiting on bso to give date on 2nd round of negotiations. No union can control what the agency offers in first meeting PBA.

Unregistered
03-08-2019, 05:44 PM
First was 3.5%/opener/opener, adding 3% to the 20 year longevity and 2% at 25 year longevity. It's only the first sit down and waiting on bso to give date on 2nd round of negotiations. No union can control what the agency offers in first meeting PBA.

Not PBA, once again, so 3.5%, 0 and 0. Ok so they are 1.5% short in the first year, and 5% and 5% short on years two and three?

Longevity is a nice tiddlywink. Here’s my question. When they come out of the gate 11.5% short of the meager 15% that was requested, what does that say about good faith to your membership. What it says to me is they are snubbing their nose at us. I don’t think anyone would interpret that any other way.

We are currently roughly 20% behind the best paid departments in this area. If we got a 20% raise we would still be behind those departments in three years because those departments will also be getting raises. Yet you still requested 5% less than that. The longevity is only for the last few years of your career so you realistically can’t count that in your competitive numbers.

The point I’m trying to make is even if we got the contract you requested, which wasn’t much by the way. We will still be competing for less than the best candidates. So where is the commitment to improving this agency???????

Why isn’t anyone seeing this in terms of three years down the road? Fort Lauderdale got a significant raise, Boca got a significant raise. They made an investment in the future. Why isn’t Broward County making an investment in its future. You get what you pay for.

And why is our union after all this fighting, and billboards, and news gluttony, now getting soft????

Unregistered
03-08-2019, 05:48 PM
And also I liked and appreciated the courage Jeff showed in the beginning. Why the soft tone now?

Unregistered
03-08-2019, 05:52 PM
Not PBA, once again, so 3.5%, 0 and 0. Ok so they are 1.5% short in the first year, and 5% and 5% short on years two and three?

Longevity is a nice tiddlywink. Here’s my question. When they come out of the gate 11.5% short of the meager 15% that was requested, what does that say about good faith to your membership. What it says to me is they are snubbing their nose at us. I don’t think anyone would interpret that any other way.

We are currently roughly 20% behind the best paid departments in this area. If we got a 20% raise we would still be behind those departments in three years because those departments will also be getting raises. Yet you still requested 5% less than that. The longevity is only for the last few years of your career so you realistically can’t count that in your competitive numbers.

The point I’m trying to make is even if we got the contract you requested, which wasn’t much by the way. We will still be competing for less than the best candidates. So where is the commitment to improving this agency???????

Why isn’t anyone seeing this in terms of three years down the road? Fort Lauderdale got a significant raise, Boca got a significant raise. They made an investment in the future. Why isn’t Broward County making an investment in its future. You get what you pay for.

And why is our union after all this fighting, and billboards, and news gluttony, now getting soft????

Go away PBA and let grownups negotiate the contract.

Unregistered
03-08-2019, 06:23 PM
Go away PBA and let grownups negotiate the contract.

Hey guys you hear this? Our union is calling us PBA when they can’t explain their actions. The grown ups are going to negotiate us a raise which will if we got the whole thing today, 11.5%, would leave us 9% behind where other departments are at this very second. But we won’t gettingbit today, it will be spread over three years. These are the grown ups guys!!!! Lol.

Unregistered
03-08-2019, 06:24 PM
This PBA guy keeps repeating himself for some reason. We started at 5% because you always start high. I think bso countering at 3.5% is a positive thing. I suggest actually showing up and expressing your opinions during the meeting. I'd be happy to get 3.5/5/3 plus 5% added to the longevity payments !! The PBA would still post negative comments even if we got a 10/10/10! Lol

Unregistered
03-08-2019, 07:10 PM
This PBA guy keeps repeating himself for some reason. We started at 5% because you always start high. I think bso countering at 3.5% is a positive thing. I suggest actually showing up and expressing your opinions during the meeting. I'd be happy to get 3.5/5/3 plus 5% added to the longevity payments !! The PBA would still post negative comments even if we got a 10/10/10! Lol

5% is not high when your 20% behind. Wow, maybe I will look at FOP. They’re the ones who negotiated the big raise for Fort Lauderdale.

Unregistered
03-08-2019, 07:49 PM
That is because you're too stupid to realize that you cannot just look at the starting and top out pay. If you factor in what we pay for retirement, Healthcare, take-home car and other benefits and compare that equally to other departments we're in the top three of the county after all top out pay

Unregistered
03-08-2019, 07:55 PM
That is because you're too stupid to realize that you cannot just look at the starting and top out pay. If you factor in what we pay for retirement, Healthcare, take-home car and other benefits and compare that equally to other departments we're in the top three of the county after all top out pay

Yeah, talking to the ex PBA reps are like talking to a brick wall! Anyone who knows or even bothered to contact iupa would know this info. Some people just never give up! It's sad PBA.

Unregistered
03-08-2019, 09:41 PM

Even if you factor that in we are still way behind, but nice try.

Unregistered
03-08-2019, 10:52 PM

This would be a very fair deal !! Remember, bso would also add in 5% to the longevity totals!

Unregistered
03-09-2019, 01:13 AM
I can see fat bob and lying Meghan are at it again with their drama. Listen you guys lost the perc election. For once why don't you show some form of integrity and drop this continued drama you two create.

Unregistered
03-09-2019, 03:57 AM

Let's get that signed and move on !

Unregistered
03-09-2019, 05:58 AM

We suck. I’m serious. I don’t like saying it but why do we deserve to be the highest paid in the county? What have we shown that would indicate we deserve more.

Unregistered
03-09-2019, 12:48 PM

I hope you are PBA because that would at least explain your IUPA bashing, otherwise you're just an idiot. This is just the start of a long negotiation process, but your lack of understanding of that process is the first indicator that you are likely from the PBA. They didn't understand how negotiators worked either. IUPA does not negotiate in the "we better sign it because its the best we are gonna get." style of negotiations patented by the PBA. In the real world the union makes an offer, the boss counters and the contract gets negotiated via multuple counter offers until both parties agree. So don't complain untul IUPA actually agrees on something and presents it to us for a vote, and if you dont like the offer don't complain then either. Just vote NO. Either way don't expect Jeff to back down. And if the new boss starts negotiating in bad faith or we come to a total impasse, I'm sure the new boss will find himself on the recieving end of an IUPA billboard and vote of no confidence too. Something the new sheriff can do without during his first election campaign. Which leads me to my final point: regardless of how this contract turns out the IUPA membership will still get to vote to endorse the candidate of our choosing not the one the PBA board decides on.

Unregistered
03-09-2019, 04:57 PM

BSO needs to be broken up. Let jail go private and unincorporated areas go to cities.

Unregistered
03-09-2019, 04:59 PM
BSO needs to be broken up. Let jail go private and unincorporated areas go to cities.

Your an idiot.

Unregistered
03-09-2019, 09:16 PM

Hey a$$wipe, do you think by copying and pasting this on every thread you will get people to agree with you?
You are a F’in Moron.

Unregistered
03-09-2019, 09:39 PM

3.5%/5% step/3% - the 3.5 retro from oct 1st.
3% added to 20 year longevity to make 5%.
2% added as a 25 year longevity.
Buy back 40 hours SL every year.
Vehicle supplement increased to $750.
Heath ins- $0 for single, $50 for 2, $100 3+.

Unregistered
03-09-2019, 09:48 PM
Considering that BSO has contracts in place with all of these municipalities that provide for a 3% +/- annual COLA where does anyone think BSO is going to obtain additional funds to pay anything above the contracted 3%? Keep in mind, contrary to Lamberti and Jenne's unlawful budgeting practice, it violates Florida statutes to use general funds to provide services to a contracted municiaplity. These contracts must be fully funded and budgeted from the individual municipality.

Unregistered
03-09-2019, 10:23 PM
Considering that BSO has contracts in place with all of these municipalities that provide for a 3% +/- annual COLA where does anyone think BSO is going to obtain additional funds to pay anything above the contracted 3%? Keep in mind, contrary to Lamberti and Jenne's unlawful budgeting practice, it violates Florida statutes to use general funds to provide services to a contracted municiaplity. These contracts must be fully funded and budgeted from the individual municipality.

Your a tool, opening offer was 3.5% by bso but you dont pay attention

Unregistered
03-10-2019, 12:35 AM
Lamberti tried that line also. PBA said that if municipal contracts determined our COLA then the union demands a seat at the table per state law. That would also mean that a Weston deputy could negotiate a larger COLA than a Lakes deputy. Was proved to be wrong then as now.

BSO charges a flat rate pet deputy. That means the profit margin is higher in say Pompano, where the average deputy had 3 years on.

Unregistered
03-10-2019, 01:30 AM
Your a tool, opening offer was 3.5% by bso but you dont pay attention

Let's see: "YOUR A TOOL" instead of "YOU'RE A TOOL". Also, my post stated "3% +/-" The "+/-" would include "3.5" you CLOWN that obviously doesn't have anything more than maybe a GED. The other comments would infer one had an economics and/or law degree which obviously you don't. Try reading the service contracts which are available on the BSO website. I'm glad you're aware of how they're contracted budgeted. MORE CLOWNS.

What I just don't understand is that with all of the agencies throughout Florida including just South Florida if you're so unhappy at/with BSO why not go to another agency? NO BALLS, that's why. Just a bunch of *****s that hide behind a computer message board. Low lifes.

Unregistered
03-10-2019, 01:57 AM
Let's see: "YOUR A TOOL" instead of "YOU'RE A TOOL". Also, my post stated "3% +/-" The "+/-" would include "3.5" you CLOWN that obviously doesn't have anything more than maybe a GED. The other comments would infer one had an economics and/or law degree which obviously you don't. Try reading the service contracts which are available on the BSO website. I'm glad you're aware of how they're contracted budgeted. MORE CLOWNS.

What I just don't understand is that with all of the agencies throughout Florida including just South Florida if you're so unhappy at/with BSO why not go to another agency? NO BALLS, that's why. Just a bunch of *****s that hide behind a computer message board. Low lifes.

Yeah ok, but I banged your wife +/- 5-7 times while you were at work. We all get it if you’re unhappy at/with your wife then leave her. My friend’s and I will use her up. Now run along genius and oh SAD.

Unregistered
03-10-2019, 03:41 AM
Yeah ok, but I banged your wife +/- 5-7 times while you were at work. We all get it if you’re unhappy at/with your wife then leave her. My friend’s and I will use her up. Now run along genius and oh SAD.

Haha. good one !! That other poster with his stupid +-, what a tool !

Unregistered
03-10-2019, 06:28 PM

Seems to be a good middle point

Unregistered
03-10-2019, 07:02 PM
Dont worry, that big headed temporary fool has a jail lieutenant in charge of the budget. Were in good hands. What a sheet-show this sewer is.

Unregistered
03-13-2019, 07:38 PM
Are there anymore updates on the contract

Unregistered
03-13-2019, 08:29 PM
Are there anymore updates on the contract

Iupa is just waiting for bso to give them a date to sit back down

Unregistered
03-14-2019, 01:37 PM

Shouldnt take bso long to sit down again. They've had the iupa contract proposal for weeks before the first meeting.

Unregistered
03-14-2019, 03:52 PM

Tuesday May 2nd at 10 am PSB

Unregistered
03-14-2019, 04:10 PM
Legal is just waiting for the return of our real sheriff. They know were at a crossroad.

Unregistered
03-14-2019, 04:16 PM

Cant be that far away! I thought bso wanted to get this completed fast

Unregistered
03-14-2019, 08:04 PM

Why is bso dragging their feet?

Unregistered
03-14-2019, 08:11 PM
Why is bso dragging their feet?

When are you guys going to get it? They don’t bargain in good faith. The y never have and they never will until they are forced to or somebody sued them to get the pay where it’s supposed to be.

Unregistered
03-14-2019, 08:41 PM

100% false date

Unregistered
03-14-2019, 10:54 PM
100% false date

Yeah I thought it was too far away!! I'm sure IUPA will notify us of the date when BSO tells them.

Unregistered
03-14-2019, 10:58 PM
The general counsel will tell the sheriff when legal is ready to negotiate. The Sheriff will then advise IUPA.

Unregistered
03-15-2019, 09:55 AM
It’s all lip service. We’re no better off. Same unqualified promotions and retaining previously poor promotions. Same circus. We were sold a bag of goods.

Unregistered
03-15-2019, 04:02 PM
It’s all lip service. We’re no better off. Same unqualified promotions and retaining previously poor promotions. Same circus. We were sold a bag of goods.
Teamsters ! Do YOU want soft weak attorneys representing you?????
NO!!!!! Stop taking crap off these same players! I bet Snakenburg is on the negotiating scumbags team for the sheriff?!!! He was before and a POS!

Unregistered
03-15-2019, 04:07 PM
Teamsters ! Do YOU want soft weak attorneys representing you?????
NO!!!!! Stop taking crap off these same players! I bet Snakenburg is on the negotiating scumbags team for the sheriff?!!! He was before and a POS!
We will get you what other agencies have!in writing!!!

Unregistered
03-15-2019, 05:19 PM

Should get word very soon from BSO

Unregistered
03-15-2019, 08:16 PM
We will never get anything with this sheriff at the helm. Maybe we need to try something else besides IUPA for a union as they have not done anything to help us out.

Unregistered
03-15-2019, 08:19 PM
We will never get anything with this sheriff at the helm. Maybe we need to try something else besides IUPA for a union as they have not done anything to help us out.

It’s obvious he’s not serious about negotiating a contract when he comes in and insults us rightbiff the bat. We need to get someone in here whinis serious about getting a contract done and being a leader. I’ve yet to see that so far with the governors replacement.

A real BSO employee
03-15-2019, 08:57 PM

That's pretty funny Teamster troll. Your post so obviously doesn't even "sound" like a cop, especially one that works here. Nice try though lol.

Unregistered
03-15-2019, 09:14 PM
That's pretty funny Teamster troll. Your post so obviously doesn't even "sound" like a cop, especially one that works here. Nice try though lol.

They sound almost as needy as the old PBA! LOL!! They apparently aren't up to current events with our union.

Unregistered
03-15-2019, 09:39 PM
They sound almost as needy as the old PBA! LOL!! They apparently aren't up to current events with our union.

Current events as in that stunning 3.5% offer sitting on the table? WOW

Unregistered
03-15-2019, 09:57 PM
Current events as in that stunning 3.5% offer sitting on the table? WOW

Correct. Which is already more than the PBA got us! 🤣🤣🤣
Go away PBA

Unregistered
03-15-2019, 10:38 PM
The PBA sucks balls with fat bob and lying Meghan at the helm. As for the contract crybaby why not just wait and see.

Unregistered
03-15-2019, 10:47 PM
Correct. Which is already more than the PBA got us! 🤣🤣🤣
Go away PBA

Dude the PBA was arguably not the greatest. So is that your goal IUPA? You guys strive to not be last? How about striving to be first? Have you ever thought of that?

Unregistered
03-16-2019, 12:30 AM
"If y'aint first,.. yer last"

-Reece Bobby

Unregistered
03-16-2019, 01:00 AM
The PBA sucks balls with fat bob and lying Meghan at the helm. As for the contract crybaby why not just wait and see.

PBA is a joke

Unregistered
03-16-2019, 12:56 PM
BSO needs to step up and get this done

Unregistered
03-16-2019, 01:35 PM
Not till Scott ipIsrael returns, Jeff fully understands the position were in.

Unregistered
03-18-2019, 02:36 PM
Any update on date of next negotiations? BSO said they would give us a date by Friday 3/15.

Unregistered
03-18-2019, 02:46 PM
Any update on date of next negotiations? BSO said they would give us a date by Friday 3/15.

We aren't getting anything but openers which mean zeros. Buy they want quality men and women.

Unregistered
03-19-2019, 02:33 AM

May 2nd PSB at 10am

Unregistered
03-20-2019, 02:53 AM
May 2nd PSB at 10am

The longer the better. I love a fat retro check

Unregistered
03-20-2019, 10:45 AM
May 2nd PSB at 10am

BSO has not given a date yet

Unregistered
03-22-2019, 07:41 PM
We will get a good contract offer. Pba sucks balls just ask fat bob and lying meghan

Unregistered
03-23-2019, 03:31 AM
We will get a good contract offer. Pba sucks balls just ask fat bob and lying meghan

Let's hope BSO doesn't play the "oh we are poor" excuse while hiding money again like the previous few years

Unregistered
03-25-2019, 11:38 PM
Let's hope BSO doesn't play the "oh we are poor" excuse while hiding money again like the previous few years

Are we taking bets?

Unregistered
03-25-2019, 11:49 PM
Any updates on having pony tails?

Unregistered
03-26-2019, 06:56 AM
Not giving DLE a decent raise will cause mutiny.

Unregistered
03-28-2019, 01:14 AM
You are incorrect , Bell gave BSO a way around that me too clause. Increasing the step in the year 2 of our contract does just that. The cola on paper it will read 3.5/0/3.5, but in reality it would be 3.5/5/3.5 because year 2 isn't actually cola raise. Speak with a union rep if you need help understanding.

BSO needs to step up and support their deputies.

Unregistered
03-30-2019, 12:26 AM
BSO needs to step up and support their deputies.

What is going on with BSO ? The had the contract proposal for for about 3 months now but still no counter offer

Unregistered
03-30-2019, 01:17 AM
The Sheriff is 100% convinced the union played NO roll in removing Israel. He stated in Wednesday Captains meeting that he is cutting off all direct access to him from ALL union presidents and still denies a Deputy had a brain bleed. Matter of fact, Sheriff has never even called that Deputy to see if he is ok. This guy is delusional. Maybe a 6th star is in order

Unregistered
03-30-2019, 01:56 AM
As a whole, our union stood together ( for once) and kept the pressure on Israel which ultimately caused his removal. If the Sheriff thinks the Deputies played no role in getting rid of Israel, then he is a lost cause already. Let’s see what happens after the first 100 days. If he doesn’t get serious and behind an ally, then let’s show him the same outcome as Israel

Unregistered
03-30-2019, 03:22 AM
What is going on with BSO ? The had the contract proposal for for about 3 months now but still no counter offer

There was a counter it was 3.5, opener, and opener. What a joke this new administration is different clowns same circus

Unregistered
03-30-2019, 03:38 AM
There was a counter it was 3.5, opener, and opener. What a joke this new administration is different clowns same circus

Yes that was the first offer by BSO which is obviously a joke ! Just do 3.5 % across the board, decrease in healthcare cost and add the 3% to the 20 year longevity plus 2% at 25 years. Let's move on already.

Unregistered
03-30-2019, 06:58 PM
BSO is a joke and will never get a good contract. They should eliminate all the contract cities and go back to the jail. Maybe then the sheriff can’t make a mess of things like the deputies and sheriff in PARKLAND.

Unregistered
03-30-2019, 07:49 PM
BSO is a joke and will never get a good contract. They should eliminate all the contract cities and go back to the jail. Maybe then the sheriff can’t make a mess of things like the deputies and sheriff in PARKLAND.

Then most of the jail deputies would lose their jobs based on senority ! Go away

Unregistered
03-30-2019, 09:53 PM

You are exactly right . This place is done !

Unregistered
03-31-2019, 12:26 PM
Yes that was the first offer by BSO which is obviously a joke ! Just do 3.5 % across the board, decrease in healthcare cost and add the 3% to the 20 year longevity plus 2% at 25 years. Let's move on already.

This is the absolute minimum I would vote yes on.

Unregistered
03-31-2019, 03:29 PM
BSO’ counter proposal was an absolute insult. If you want to resolve a contract quickly, just cut out all the BS and meet in the middle. We already know there is enough money and it’s proven. So why would BSO want to take away an hour ov overtime per day for the FTD’s when they train people? It was BSO’s idea to give that to the FTD’s 2 years ago. It is crazy that BSO want to bypass bid seniority for anyone who gets a supplemental pay and put them wherever the agency wants. I hope every FTD quits as a result. Yet the agency wanted to give $3,500 bonuses to certified new hires and it was actually proposed as high as 10,000 by the sheriff. This new administration is so far under the water it’s not even funny

Unregistered
03-31-2019, 04:27 PM
BSO’ counter proposal was an absolute insult. If you want to resolve a contract quickly, just cut out all the BS and meet in the middle. We already know there is enough money and it’s proven. So why would BSO want to take away an hour ov overtime per day for the FTD’s when they train people? It was BSO’s idea to give that to the FTD’s 2 years ago. It is crazy that BSO want to bypass bid seniority for anyone who gets a supplemental pay and put them wherever the agency wants. I hope every FTD quits as a result. Yet the agency wanted to give $3,500 bonuses to certified new hires and it was actually proposed as high as 10,000 by the sheriff. This new administration is so far under the water it’s not even funny

Dont we all get supplemental pay as in our 4% first responder????

Unregistered
03-31-2019, 06:07 PM
BSO was talking about cst, FTD, too,dui,swat........not first responder pay

Unregistered
03-31-2019, 06:19 PM
I heard pbso just got 7,7,7...tell me that's not true....or 5,5,5, with 2%cola..wowww

Unregistered
03-31-2019, 10:21 PM
I heard pbso just got 7,7,7...tell me that's not true....or 5,5,5, with 2%cola..wowww

PBSO got 5,5,5 in their last contract too. They have a REAL sheriff.

Unregistered
03-31-2019, 10:56 PM
Sheriff Tony played Jeff to get in. Tony thinks he will keep the job obviously if he's stonewalling the Union. They never get it.

Unregistered
03-31-2019, 11:16 PM
PBSO got 5,5,5 in their last contract too. They have a REAL sheriff.

Wow, that's what IUPA asked for but BSO is playing the broke card.

Unregistered
03-31-2019, 11:20 PM

This is a perfect compromising for both sides !!

Unregistered
04-01-2019, 01:54 AM
The undersheriff was talking how understaffed we are. So they are completely aware we’re dripping deputies like hot cakes. Yet they come back and offer garbage on a contract?

Is Israel coming back or what? Cuz whatever this is, isn’t working.

Unregistered
04-01-2019, 04:03 PM
The undersheriff was talking how understaffed we are. So they are completely aware we’re dripping deputies like hot cakes. Yet they come back and offer garbage on a contract?

Is Israel coming back or what? Cuz whatever this is, isn’t working.

BSO will realize that you must increase the cola/steps to get and keep the number of qualified applicants we need!

Unregistered
04-01-2019, 04:08 PM
Heath ins- $0 for single, $50 for 2, $100 3+

This is what the outcome should look like☝️☝️☝️. Wake up BSO

Unregistered
04-01-2019, 08:13 PM

No actually what it should look like is what PBSO just got. But we don’t have Bradshaw. If we had a real sheriff like that we would get 5,5,5.

Is this where ifs and buts can lick my candied nuts.

Unregistered
04-01-2019, 10:04 PM
No actually what it should look like is what PBSO just got. But we don’t have Bradshaw. If we had a real sheriff like that we would get 5,5,5.

Is this where ifs and buts can lick my candied nuts.

PBSO has made more than us since that idiot Israel took over. They also don't have the staffing issues that we have, I wonder why, oh, is it because they pay their deputies? They have been stealing bodies from us for a while now. It use to be the other way around. Now they're getting 5,5,5. If it weren't such a drive for me, I'd be gone too. To all of those here at BSO with less than 5 years on, go to another department, one that doesn't play the same BS we're broke game over and over. Funny how they find all this money for upper command staff, attorneys, and their pet projects, but not the workers in the agency. Now they want to spend our money $3000 - $10,000 as a bonus to recruit new hires? I guess the new sheriff never took his own training when he ran his company. If he did, he would know you have to stop the bleeding before you pump more blood in or it won't matter how much you pump in.

Unregistered
04-01-2019, 10:46 PM

BSO would be smart to offer this to IUPA to bring back for a vote by the membership.

Unregistered
04-02-2019, 12:15 AM
PBSO has made more than us since that idiot Israel took over. They also don't have the staffing issues that we have, I wonder why, oh, is it because they pay their deputies? They have been stealing bodies from us for a while now. It use to be the other way around. Now they're getting 5,5,5. If it weren't such a drive for me, I'd be gone too. To all of those here at BSO with less than 5 years on, go to another department, one that doesn't play the same BS we're broke game over and over. Funny how they find all this money for upper command staff, attorneys, and their pet projects, but not the workers in the agency. Now they want to spend our money $3000 - $10,000 as a bonus to recruit new hires? I guess the new sheriff never took his own training when he ran his company. If he did, he would know you have to stop the bleeding before you pump more blood in or it won't matter how much you pump in.

Hey loser, cowards dont deserve raises

Unregistered
04-02-2019, 12:24 AM
Hey loser, cowards dont deserve raises

First of all dip$hit don't lump me in with that loser Peterson. If your you're such a badazz why don't you step up and do the job? Apparently you think you can do it better, Step up or shut up!

Unregistered
04-02-2019, 02:05 AM
First of all dip$hit don't lump me in with that loser Peterson. If your you're such a badazz why don't you step up and do the job? Apparently you think you can do it better, Step up or shut up!

BSO is the worst LE agency in the country and not because of any Sheriff's. It's because of GED moron Deputies that are all mouth and no action. DLE pay should be cut. Way over paid cry babies.

Unregistered
04-02-2019, 11:16 AM

The absolute minimum !

Unregistered
04-02-2019, 01:11 PM

The sad part is the deputies here have been beaten down so badly they would probably a crap offer like this. Selling themselves short while a hundred million goes back to the corrupted county commission. FDLE needs to come investigate the Broward County Commission thoroughly. Their money, their personal taxes, everything.

Unregistered
04-02-2019, 02:10 PM
The sad part is the deputies here have been beaten down so badly they would probably a crap offer like this. Selling themselves short while a hundred million goes back to the corrupted county commission. FDLE needs to come investigate the Broward County Commission thoroughly. Their money, their personal taxes, everything.

I dont consider it a crap offer. Its pretty fair for both sides. I think it would barely pass if BSO agrees to it and its brought to a vote by IUPA.

Unregistered
04-03-2019, 04:28 AM

FDLE should investigate the sorry sack of $hit deputies in this place. It's not the Sheriffs or the union presidents that are the problem. It's you DLE coward cry babies

Unregistered
04-03-2019, 07:22 AM
FDLE should investigate the sorry sack of $hit deputies in this place. It's not the Sheriffs or the union presidents that are the problem. It's you DLE coward cry babies

Go away I think I hear a prisoner asking for more toilet paper.

Unregistered
04-03-2019, 11:10 AM

You can explain it all you want, but most of those posting refuse to comprehend that half of the DLE budget comes from contract cities who have limits to how much BSO can increase their bill. If a candidate for Sheriff promises larger raises, he is either a liar or does not yet understand the budget.

Unregistered
04-03-2019, 11:23 AM
BSO would be smart to offer this to IUPA to bring back for a vote by the membership.

Funny how people on this site say the sheriff would be "smart" if he gave them a raise that could cause him to overspend his budget.

Unregistered
04-03-2019, 11:32 AM
Funny how people on this site say the sheriff would be "smart" if he gave them a raise that could cause him to overspend his budget.

Go away PBA

Unregistered
04-03-2019, 11:34 AM
[QUOTE=Unregistered;2994231]3.5%/5% step/3% - the 3.5 retro from oct 1st.

This would be the middle between the two parties . I personally would vote yes

Unregistered
04-03-2019, 01:07 PM
The US Military service men and women received these raises:

2014 - 1% (CPI .8%)
2015 - 1% (CPI .7%)
2016 - 1.3% (CPI 2.1%)
2017 - 2.1% (CPI 2.1%)
2018 - 2.4% (CPI 1.9%)
2019 - 2.6% (CPI 1.8%)

...and the cry babies on this site might settle for 11% over three years, increases to the top step and increases to longevity...

Unregistered
04-03-2019, 01:29 PM

2014 - 1% (CPI .8%)
2015 - 1% (CPI .7%)
2016 - 1.3% (CPI 2.1%)
2017 - 2.1% (CPI 2.1%)
2018 - 2.4% (CPI 1.9%)
2019 - 2.6% (CPI 1.8%)

...and the cry babies on this site might settle for 11% over three years, increases to the top step and increases to longevity...

The US military service members get their houses paid through supplemental pay. They get food and clothing on the arm as well. The get big bonuses everytime they re enlist which they use to buy new cars with. I know because I have family that live that life. So take your BS somewhere else. Whoever you are, you just lost your credibility.

Unregistered
04-03-2019, 01:34 PM

2014 - 1% (CPI .8%)
2015 - 1% (CPI .7%)
2016 - 1.3% (CPI 2.1%)
2017 - 2.1% (CPI 2.1%)
2018 - 2.4% (CPI 1.9%)
2019 - 2.6% (CPI 1.8%)

11% over three years in comparison to what other agencies are getting is a f&cking insult A-hole.

I never thought I’d say this. Scott Israel, get you ass back here ASAP.

By the way wih your military comparison, we will gladly take a 2.6 raise if you pay out mortgages or rent every month.

Unregistered
04-03-2019, 02:55 PM
The US military service members get their houses paid through supplemental pay. They get food and clothing on the arm as well. The get big bonuses everytime they re enlist which they use to buy new cars with. I know because I have family that live that life. So take your BS somewhere else. Whoever you are, you just lost your credibility.

You obviously never served. A private right now makes about 1,600 a month. They give a small stipend for meals and housing only when not provided. A VA loan is no a free house. Even in boot camp they deduct from their checks. Uniforms hardly constitute clothing on the cuff

Unregistered
04-03-2019, 03:08 PM
You obviously never served. A private right now makes about 1,600 a month. They give a small stipend for meals and housing only when not provided. A VA loan is no a free house. Even in boot camp they deduct from their checks. Uniforms hardly constitute clothing on the cuff

Military...no longevity, no overtime, no take home, no free gas, no big cash outs, no DROP, extended time in field ....and they own you

Unregistered
04-03-2019, 06:29 PM

We are not privates in the military jackass. Most of us are college educated experienced police officers. I’m sorry but your argument isn’t convincing.

Unregistered
04-03-2019, 06:37 PM

Why are you lying through your teeth? BAH rates for an E-5 buck Sgt. 2019 in the Fort Lauderdale zip code is 2346.00 per month with defendants. It’s 2076.00. Without dependants. That’s a mortgage note down here every month paid for.

What does BAH STAND FOR. Basic Allowance for Housing. Like I said pay out Mortgage and we’ll take your 2.5% BS raise.

Unregistered
04-03-2019, 06:43 PM
Why are you lying through your teeth? BAH rates for an E-5 buck Sgt. 2019 in the Fort Lauderdale zip code is 2346.00 per month with defendants. It’s 2076.00. Without dependants. That’s a mortgage note down here every month paid for.

What does BAH STAND FOR. Basic Allowance for Housing. Like I said pay out Mortgage and we’ll take your 2.5% BS raise.

It’s 2298.00 in this area for an E-1 private. Use the BAH CALCULATOR.

Unregistered
04-03-2019, 06:53 PM
I just got the proposals from both sides. BSO is garbage. Give us nothing and take away more. IUPA proposals are very smart and beneficial to the members.

Unregistered
04-03-2019, 07:38 PM
Does anyone know when Israel’s case goes before the appellate court?

Unregistered
04-03-2019, 10:16 PM
We are not privates in the military jackass. Most of us are college educated experienced police officers. I’m sorry but your argument isn’t convincing.

Most of you are what??? Now thats comical!!!

Unregistered
04-03-2019, 11:12 PM
Most of you are what??? Now thats comical!!!

I’ll tell you what’s comical is when somebody gets it all handed to them and all they have to do is be humble and garner a fair contact and they can’t even get that right.

Unregistered
04-03-2019, 11:17 PM
What’s going to be even more comical is when the last sheriff walks back in here in a month and all these arrogant people get flushed. If I were some of these people I wouldn’t wait for he court ruling before I cried and begged on his doorstep. It might not seem as genuine this time around.

Unregistered
04-04-2019, 01:55 AM
I just got the proposals from both sides. BSO is garbage. Give us nothing and take away more. IUPA proposals are very smart and beneficial to the members.

Just looking at it now, BSOs counter offer is a JOKE !! only 3.5% for year one, increase insurance cost and pay for out of county cars !! No increase in longevities , no step increase pay, no increase in vehicle stipend and no buy back of sick leave!!

Unregistered
04-04-2019, 03:07 AM
Just looking at it now, BSOs counter offer is a JOKE !! only 3.5% for year one, increase insurance cost and pay for out of county cars !! No increase in longevities , no step increase pay, no increase in vehicle stipend and no buy back of sick leave!!

Cry all you want. They can't offer more due to contract city caps. Budget 101

Unregistered
04-04-2019, 03:39 AM
Cry all you want. They can't offer more due to contract city caps. Budget 101

Ironically that’s the same argument they made every year they sent back a hundred million to the county commission. Seriously the IRS needs to audit the Broward County Commissioners. Every one of them. Something ain’t adding up around here.

Unregistered
04-04-2019, 06:16 AM
Ironically that’s the same argument they made every year they sent back a hundred million to the county commission. Seriously the IRS needs to audit the Broward County Commissioners. Every one of them. Something ain’t adding up around here.

It's simple and clear. You sissy coward deputies dont deserve a dime. Should be a roll back in money. You're way over paid for ignorance. Give the money to the civilian employees that do all the work

Unregistered
04-04-2019, 06:39 AM
It's simple and clear. You sissy coward deputies dont deserve a dime. Should be a roll back in money. You're way over paid for ignorance. Give the money to the civilian employees that do all the work

Not that’s funny.

Unregistered
04-04-2019, 12:50 PM

Got it emailed this morning. No wonder we are 200 deputies down now, BSO needs to wake up and be serious. I personally know a handful of guys just waiting to see how this contract plans out before applying to other departments.

Unregistered
04-04-2019, 01:14 PM
Just say ok to this offer. It's not that bad.

Unregistered
04-04-2019, 02:55 PM
To the non cop who wrote above that we dont deserve a dime can go fly a kite..the contract is joke..ur probably wking in a cake district doing nothing..come to a busy city and we show u what we deserve idiot...

Unregistered
04-04-2019, 08:42 PM
DLE Deputies don't deserve a raise. They should actually get a cut in pay for being a bunch of COWARDS and CRY BABY WHINERS. No raise for you bunch of spineless chicken turd loser's.

Unregistered
04-04-2019, 09:02 PM
Mr. Israel? Can you stop wasting the taxpayers money with these silly cases? You lost. Again. Maybe you can just go away so we can finally get a raise? Haven't we been through enough?

Unregistered
04-04-2019, 09:30 PM

Its only 6.5% cola over the 3 year contract. The year two 5% is a step change to attract new hires and not a cola raise. Bso should want this because we are soo short manpower. Who is directing bso??

Unregistered
04-04-2019, 10:22 PM
Get the billboards ready! There has been 0 changes, except the beard policy....woohoo, and no communication between the command staff and deputies. We had more communication from the "other guy" . This place is a joke.

Unregistered
04-04-2019, 11:08 PM
Get the billboards ready! There has been 0 changes, except the beard policy....woohoo, and no communication between the command staff and deputies. We had more communication from the "other guy" . This place is a joke.

I'll raise you a tattoo policy.

Unregistered
04-04-2019, 11:22 PM

what are you a boss who cares about stats only some micro managing bosses

Unregistered
04-05-2019, 01:40 PM

Its only 6.5% cola over the 3 year contract. The year two 5% is a step change to attract new hires and not a cola raise. Bso should want this because we are soo short manpower. Who is directing bso??[/QUOTE]

The above sounds reasonable☝️
That "opener" with no minimum BSO proposed in their first offer is a joke

Unregistered
04-05-2019, 01:49 PM

Its only 6.5% cola over the 3 year contract. The year two 5% is a step change to attract new hires and not a cola raise. Bso should want this because we are soo short manpower. Who is directing bso??

That "opener" with no minimum BSO proposed in their first offer is a joke[/QUOTE]

vehicle ? what..they should make you take a car. You are a cop. I know you wanna skate at the port , airport or courthouse but you need to be put back in service. Retired on duty needs to stop

Unregistered
04-05-2019, 02:07 PM

That "opener" with no minimum BSO proposed in their first offer is a joke[/QUOTE]

The above does sound reasonable! However there are a couple of issues holding things back, before I go any further, I am not a PBA member nor am I pushing anybody to join that loser union, just pointing a couple of things out. First, during contract negotiations you don't bring up grievances, you bring that up at a different time. Second, you get control of your district reps, especially the Pompano rep who has claimed the contract is a done deal and signed, I'm assuming that it's not signed since we are in negotiations? Rumors like that will only piss the membership off because it's coming directly from a union rep, I'm sure everybody knows who I'm talking about, the one telling FTO's to quit and create problems for the agency because of the counter offer. Somebody needs to clip his wings and tell him to STFU and let the grownups talk! The third thing I see is we, as a union, can't be always go for the throat. Sit down, listen, talk, negotiate like adults. If you always go for the throat and demand you're going to get push back, it's human nature. Then later if that doesn't work you go for the throat, but you don't start with it.

Just a thought

Unregistered
04-06-2019, 12:59 AM
That "opener" with no minimum BSO proposed in their first offer is a joke

The above does sound reasonable! However there are a couple of issues holding things back, before I go any further, I am not a PBA member nor am I pushing anybody to join that loser union, just pointing a couple of things out. First, during contract negotiations you don't bring up grievances, you bring that up at a different time. Second, you get control of your district reps, especially the Pompano rep who has claimed the contract is a done deal and signed, I'm assuming that it's not signed since we are in negotiations? Rumors like that will only piss the membership off because it's coming directly from a union rep, I'm sure everybody knows who I'm talking about, the one telling FTO's to quit and create problems for the agency because of the counter offer. Somebody needs to clip his wings and tell him to STFU and let the grownups talk! The third thing I see is we, as a union, can't be always go for the throat. Sit down, listen, talk, negotiate like adults. If you always go for the throat and demand you're going to get push back, it's human nature. Then later if that doesn't work you go for the throat, but you don't start with it.

While I agree with you that a rep should not be sending out false hope and information. I do think BSO could care less about some deputy with his hopes up and running his mouth a little too much!
BSO is proving right now they could care less about their employees. Now would be the time to stand up and show they have the backs of the deputies working the streets every day, but they are failing at doing so.

Unregistered
04-06-2019, 02:25 AM
You are 100% wrong that at contract negotiations you don’t bring up issues/ grievances or other cases. Perfectly acceptable to do this and it’s common practice.

If you have a problem with a rep, call Jeff and let him know what is going on. The union has proven to control people in the past that speak out of turn

Who said anything about going to the throat. We had one contract session. That is it. To many RUMORS and I stress RUMOTS floating around that the union wants the sheriff to fail. If that were true, then why would Jeff have gone on 2 radio shows already supporting the Sheriff ?

What’s next? The union hot is to much and now the ITS is taking more????

Unregistered
04-07-2019, 09:42 PM
Well let's see if BSO actually steps up and gets serious in these negotiations. My rep said the next meeting should be April 30th. Let's see if the new sheriff actually shows up and stays more than 5 minutes this time

Unregistered
04-08-2019, 01:21 AM

Its only 6.5% cola over the 3 year contract. The year two 5% is a step change to attract new hires and not a cola raise. Bso should want this because we are soo short manpower. Who is directing bso??[/QUOTE]

I think the above is a good meeting point

Unregistered
04-09-2019, 12:33 PM

Let's see if BSO comes back with something respectable on April 30th. I dont know why it takes BSO a month to be able to sit down everytime. Should be every 2 weeks until its finalized.

Unregistered
04-09-2019, 02:50 PM
Creek is offering $10,000 for certified officers and they top out at $90,000 so tell me again why anyone would want to come here? We can't even keep our qualified people from jumping ship to PBSO.

I say we stay firm on 5,5,5 if the commission is the problem, Sheriff Tony can go to Gov DeSantis to overrule the county commission to have his budget approved. We need qualified applicants to fill our vacancies and we need to get those that are here a proper wage to keep up with cost of living!

Unregistered
04-09-2019, 07:38 PM
Creek is offering $10,000 for certified officers and they top out at $90,000 so tell me again why anyone would want to come here? We can't even keep our qualified people from jumping ship to PBSO.

I say we stay firm on 5,5,5 if the commission is the problem, Sheriff Tony can go to Gov DeSantis to overrule the county commission to have his budget approved. We need qualified applicants to fill our vacancies and we need to get those that are here a proper wage to keep up with cost of living!

Well year one is already budgeted but can make it up on year 2 and 3! IUPA already proved there is more than enough money for a decent raise.

Unregistered
04-10-2019, 01:12 AM
Bozo The Clown is more qualified than our sheriff. This is ridiculous.

Unregistered
04-10-2019, 01:33 AM
Bozo The Clown is more qualified than our sheriff. This is ridiculous.

Down range of an AK-47 in Coral Springs. LOL, Can somebody get the report number on that incident. I would like to read about that. How embarrassing is this BS. Does this guy not realize everything he says can be fact checked. Jesus..........

Unregistered
04-10-2019, 01:46 AM
What does a firefight in Coral Springs look like anyway? Is that where suburbanites throw charcoal briquettes across their wooden privacy fences at each other until somebody’s mulch actually catches on fire.

This guy shouldn’t be sheriff they should have appointed him director of the FBI. He could have orchestrated that amphibious raid with CNN on Roger Stones place and then did the post raid press interview with a straight face as he spewed BS out of the corner of his mouth.

Unregistered
04-10-2019, 02:43 AM

Let's see if BSO comes back with something respectable on April 30th. I dont know why it takes BSO a month to be able to sit down everytime. Should be every 2 weeks until its finalized.[/QUOTE]

After looking at our previous history, I would vote for that!

Unregistered
04-10-2019, 03:40 AM
Down range of an AK-47 in Coral Springs. LOL, Can somebody get the report number on that incident. I would like to read about that. How embarrassing is this BS. Does this guy not realize everything he says can be fact checked. Jesus..........

I believe he was referring to this. I think they used quick clot on the officer that was shot if I remember correctly.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/g00/news/os-xpm-2009-05-25-coral-story.html

“Police say he fired several shots at Kempinski and other officers using an automatic assault rifle.”

Definitely seems plausible that the sheriff was 97 for that incident.

You might want to do a quick google search before bad mouthing the guy.

Unregistered
04-10-2019, 08:41 AM
I believe he was referring to this. I think they used quick clot on the officer that was shot if I remember correctly.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/g00/news/os-xpm-2009-05-25-coral-story.html

“Police say he fired several shots at Kempinski and other officers using an automatic assault rifle.”

Definitely seems plausible that the sheriff was 97 for that incident.

You might want to do a quick google search before bad mouthing the guy.

Hey if he’s being truthful good for him. I just don’t get the I,I,I, and me,me,me, and look how great I am. It’s not necessary and being humble is a virtue especially when your offering a sh!t contract. But hey, tell us all about how great you are.

I’m pretty sure that entire community was down range that day if you want to be technical. We’ve all been down range of gunfire at some point, and I guess we are all EXPERTS and didn’t even know it.

Unregistered
04-10-2019, 12:02 PM
ME ME ME I I I, That sounds like capt. Clown at the airport who cant get enough of himself. Seems to be a requirement for upper command.

Unregistered
04-10-2019, 12:23 PM
Let's see if BSO comes back with something respectable on April 30th. I dont know why it takes BSO a month to be able to sit down everytime. Should be every 2 weeks until its finalized.

After looking at our previous history, I would vote for that![/QUOTE]

Personally, after everything this place has been through I didn’t want to dislike the new guy coming in. I was hoping he was going to be a positive change, but wow.

I wouldn’t count on a decent offer or expect anything other than garbage at this point. These guys don’t have enough honor or self respect to offer a good contract.

Unregistered
04-10-2019, 12:26 PM
You have no contract because you have no balz. Check out the SunSentinel. The Broward County teachers (who aren't allowed to protest either, per contract) were out raising some public hell yesterday. They'll get their money eventually because they know how to get citizens on their side. Most of the public is unaware that you are down 200, have OT and really are not well compensated. The longer you keep it that way, you can piss and moan to one another. The jailers coming out in 2009 didn't stop the layoffs but the public attention that it brought helped significantly down the line.

Unregistered
04-11-2019, 12:55 PM
You have no contract because you have no balz. Check out the SunSentinel. The Broward County teachers (who aren't allowed to protest either, per contract) were out raising some public hell yesterday. They'll get their money eventually because they know how to get citizens on their side. Most of the public is unaware that you are down 200, have OT and really are not well compensated. The longer you keep it that way, you can piss and moan to one another. The jailers coming out in 2009 didn't stop the layoffs but the public attention that it brought helped significantly down the line.

We should stand firm on this but ultimately this is going to me the outcome which is a median for both parties :

Vehicle supplement increased to $700

Unregistered
04-11-2019, 01:22 PM
We should stand firm on this but ultimately this is going to me the outcome which is a median for both parties :

We will not get anything close. You will see. Tony is already crying broke.

Unregistered
04-11-2019, 02:05 PM

We need a whole new direction at BSO. No more games, we need a competent serious leader.

Unregistered
04-11-2019, 09:51 PM

And it starts with a decent raise! The above is absolute minimum I'd vote yes for

Unregistered
04-12-2019, 01:54 PM
And it starts with a decent raise! The above is absolute minimum I'd vote yes for

April 30th is right around the corner !

Unregistered
04-12-2019, 01:59 PM
April 30th is right around the corner !

It will be a wasted day. He's giving us nothing!

Unregistered
04-12-2019, 02:41 PM

I'd be ok with this too. Just get this signed and move on

Unregistered
04-13-2019, 01:12 AM
I'd be ok with this too. Just get this signed and move on

well have to give stache the benefit of the doubt until he proves otherwise

Unregistered
04-13-2019, 04:54 AM

Well if he's crying broke already, I guess he won't be able to start his new program where he wants to pay certified LEO's a signing bonus anywhere from $3,000 - $10,000 to join BSO. I say save your signing bonus and put that money into raises. If we don'tget a decent raise, no amount of a signing bonus is going to get people to join the agency. Not to mention that's not going to get anyone to stay. You can talk that BS all you want and say go ahead and leave there are 100 people out there that will take your job! Guess what, nobody wants my job, if they did we wouldn't be more than 200 deputies down now, 300 by the end of summer. We are down more deputies than most departments have officers.

Unregistered
04-13-2019, 11:03 AM
Well if he's crying broke already, I guess he won't be able to start his new program where he wants to pay certified LEO's a signing bonus anywhere from $3,000 - $10,000 to join BSO. I say save your signing bonus and put that money into raises. If we don'tget a decent raise, no amount of a signing bonus is going to get people to join the agency. Not to mention that's not going to get anyone to stay. You can talk that BS all you want and say go ahead and leave there are 100 people out there that will take your job! Guess what, nobody wants my job, if they did we wouldn't be more than 200 deputies down now, 300 by the end of summer. We are down more deputies than most departments have officers.

I really dont think BSO realizes this simple fact yet.

Unregistered
04-13-2019, 09:32 PM
I really dont think BSO realizes this simple fact yet.

Me neither

Unregistered
04-13-2019, 10:24 PM

I agree with the above. The only problem is you are using too much logic and look for the future of the agency, not just today. Something BSO isn't doing and hasn't done for a while. They really need to step back and plan better. BSO needs to stop allowing people with no foresight to plan the future of the agency.

Unregistered
04-14-2019, 02:26 PM

It seems fair, let's see if BSO is very close to this

Unregistered
04-14-2019, 03:32 PM
It seems fair, let's see if BSO is very close to this

No it doesn’t seem fair. We are down $20,000 to leading departments in this area. We should have demanded, not asked for 7,7,7. We still wouldn’t have caught up, but it would have at least kept us in the game. Instead we asked for 5, 5, 5, and are now begging for scraps,

At this rate this place is going to fall further. The Broward County commissioners are the first people to blame for this. No one in the PSB has a back bone at all. Until we start protesting with signs on street corners, namely in front of the PSB, this isn’t going to change. Bring some public attention to this fiasco and watch how quickly things change.

Unregistered
04-14-2019, 05:30 PM

I do think that this would pass in a vote, barely but would pass. Nothing less though

Unregistered
04-14-2019, 05:50 PM
No it doesn’t seem fair. We are down $20,000 to leading departments in this area. We should have demanded, not asked for 7,7,7. We still wouldn’t have caught up, but it would have at least kept us in the game. Instead we asked for 5, 5, 5, and are now begging for scraps,

At this rate this place is going to fall further. The Broward County commissioners are the first people to blame for this. No one in the PSB has a back bone at all. Until we start protesting with signs on street corners, namely in front of the PSB, this isn’t going to change. Bring some public attention to this fiasco and watch how quickly things change.

Its my money too. But the commission is not to blame. The sheriff can do what he wants with his budget. Some have chosen to give raises, some have not. Some have asked for raise money in their budget and not given raises. The money is there. If you think shaming the commission into upping a budget thats already approaching 900 million dollars, and pissed away by the sheriff on pet projects, you are missing how it works.

Unregistered
04-14-2019, 05:57 PM
This is what happens when your sole focus is revenge without planning the next stage. Ok, the sheriff and Israel are gone. My expert boss over-training me to be a walking street warrior, does not improve my credit score or put any more money in my pocket. Neither does a stache.

Unregistered
04-14-2019, 05:58 PM
This is what happens when your sole focus is revenge without planning the next stage. Ok, the sheriff and Israel are gone. My expert boss over-training me to be a walking street warrior, does not improve my credit score or put any more money in my pocket. Neither does a stache.

correction- the sheriff and the lauderdale crew

Unregistered
04-14-2019, 05:59 PM
I do think that this would pass in a vote, barely but would pass. Nothing less though

Wow, good job guys, maybe if you bend over and spread your cheeks a little further you can get em to throw in a jelly of the month club membership. Dream big!!!!!!!

Unregistered
04-14-2019, 06:05 PM
Its my money too. But the commission is not to blame. The sheriff can do what he wants with his budget. Some have chosen to give raises, some have not. Some have asked for raise money in their budget and not given raises. The money is there. If you think shaming the commission into upping a budget thats already approaching 900 million dollars, and pissed away by the sheriff on pet projects, you are missing how it works.

Sorry but get with the times 900,000,000. Ain’t shit for an agency this big. And I don’t think we are going to shame the commission into anything. They have no shame and consistently display that. But I do think there is some shady sh!t going on down there.

Unregistered
04-14-2019, 06:11 PM

LA County Sheriifs Offixe has a 3.2 Billion dollar budget. Or about 3 and a half times the 900 million in chump change you just quoted. You still think it’s on par?

Unregistered
04-14-2019, 06:22 PM
LA County Sheriifs Offixe has a 3.2 Billion dollar budget. Or about 3 and a half times the 900 million in chump change you just quoted. You still think it’s on par?

Are you really comparing the cost of living and tax base of Broward to LA County??? And yes, they are 3.5x the size of our agency. So yes, its on par.

Unregistered
04-14-2019, 06:25 PM

For example, the PBSO budget is only a couple hundred million less than BSO, yet they have roughly half the number of employees and sworn law enforcement. That is astonishing to say the least.

Unregistered
04-14-2019, 06:28 PM
Are you really comparing the cost of living and tax base of Broward to LA County??? And yes, they are 3.5x the size of our agency. So yes, its on par.

Ok let’s hit close to home. PBSO is close to a 700 million budget with half the employees. How do you explain that?????? If you play Hose numbers out and make them the size of BSO they would be way north of a billion dollar budget. Face it, we are getting shafted and you know it!!!!!!!

Unregistered
04-14-2019, 06:31 PM
We are trailing them by 20K in raises since 07!!!!!! We are trailing other departments in Broward County proper by 20k now. And you guys are making 5% chicken sh!t proposals?

You CAN NOT compete for the best candidates with hose kind of numbers. So yes the commission is partially and the administration of BSO is partially to blame. But hey are the ones killing this place.

Unregistered
04-14-2019, 07:15 PM
We are trailing them by 20K in raises since 07!!!!!! We are trailing other departments in Broward County proper by 20k now. And you guys are making 5% chicken sh!t proposals?

You CAN NOT compete for the best candidates with hose kind of numbers. So yes the commission is partially and the administration of BSO is partially to blame. But hey are the ones killing this place.

So in your world should we try to make up for 10-15 years worth of shiitty raises in one contract? Say, 12/12/12?? Serious question. That take it or leave it attitude is partially why we are where we're at. We need a good, consistent sheriff with steady consistent bargaining. Something we haven't had in the 20+years I've been here. Not beating up on you bud. But there's no quick way to make up for multi administrational assholeness.

Unregistered
04-14-2019, 08:25 PM
So in your world should we try to make up for 10-15 years worth of shiitty raises in one contract? Say, 12/12/12?? Serious question. That take it or leave it attitude is partially why we are where we're at. We need a good, consistent sheriff with steady consistent bargaining. Something we haven't had in the 20+years I've been here. Not beating up on you bud. But there's no quick way to make up for multi administrational assholeness.

True enough but you’re missing the point. You have to start somewhere. Even if we got above average raises for the next two or three contracts we still probably wouldn’t be caught up but we could certainly stop some of the damage.

There comes a point where it’s going to be beyond the point of being able to save the sinking ship. We are fast approaching that point and the people upstairs are acting like it’s picnic time. When you kill he ability to grow you kill motivation. When you kill motivation you have no buy in. When there is no buy in the ship is sunk.

Unregistered
04-14-2019, 08:59 PM
True enough but you’re missing the point. You have to start somewhere. Even if we got above average raises for the next two or three contracts we still probably wouldn’t be caught up but we could certainly stop some of the damage.

There comes a point where it’s going to be beyond the point of being able to save the sinking ship. We are fast approaching that point and the people upstairs are acting like it’s picnic time. When you kill he ability to grow you kill motivation. When you kill motivation you have no buy in. When there is no buy in the ship is sunk.

I definitely see your point. We can absolutely get to the point of no return in comparison to PBSO, etc. I dont know how we compare to FHP but i remember many years ago they were thought to have been approaching that threshold. And they couldn't fill or maintain positions to save their lives- literally, with police work. Yeah, if tony and the brass don't adopt a sense of urgency, they will lose the place. Be safe

Unregistered
04-15-2019, 05:39 AM
I definitely see your point. We can absolutely get to the point of no return in comparison to PBSO, etc. I dont know how we compare to FHP but i remember many years ago they were thought to have been approaching that threshold. And they couldn't fill or maintain positions to save their lives- literally, with police work. Yeah, if tony and the brass don't adopt a sense of urgency, they will lose the place. Be safe

Unfortunately, we are approaching that threshold. Probably faster than most realize. Think about this for a moment, not that the administration gives a $h!t, but we are over 200 deputies down now, by the end of summer we will be approaching 300 down with no end in sight. We can't hire fast enough to make up for the ones we know are leaving, let alone the ones we lose because we can't retain them! Honestly, nobody cares, the administrations haven't cared for years. Why should they, it's all about power, money, and what they can do for their friends.

Unregistered
04-15-2019, 11:28 AM

You are right , some idiots want the 20% in one contract !! That one proposed earlier is a decent start. 11.5% over the 3 years

Unregistered
04-15-2019, 12:24 PM
Vehicle supplement increased to $700[/QUOTE]

Not a bad start to catching up to those other departments!

Unregistered
04-15-2019, 12:51 PM
Unfortunately, we are approaching that threshold. Probably faster than most realize. Think about this for a moment, not that the administration gives a $h!t, but we are over 200 deputies down now, by the end of summer we will be approaching 300 down with no end in sight. We can't hire fast enough to make up for the ones we know are leaving, let alone the ones we lose because we can't retain them! Honestly, nobody cares, the administrations haven't cared for years. Why should they, it's all about power, money, and what they can do for their friends.

Bingo, exactly why this place continues to suffer. Until we get a real leader, a strong Republican Sheriff in here, this place will continue to suffer and decline.

We need a big raise to become coming competitive again and all these weaklings want to settle for peanuts. It’s a race to the bottom around this place.

Unregistered
04-15-2019, 01:02 PM

Not a bad start to catching up to those other departments![/QUOTE]

We are dreaming if we think he will give us anything.

Unregistered
04-15-2019, 09:26 PM
Not a bad start to catching up to those other departments!

We are dreaming if we think he will give us anything.[/QUOTE]

Well that goes both ways. If that’s what happens he’s going to be dreaming of he thinks he’s going to get any support come election time. Which by the way is fast approaching.

Unregistered
04-15-2019, 10:43 PM

Guess we will see in two weeks

Unregistered
04-16-2019, 01:28 AM

Your a dreamer...lol

Unregistered
04-16-2019, 11:17 PM
Vehicle supplement increased to $700.

NOT A PENNY LESS BSO !!

Unregistered
04-17-2019, 01:06 AM
Vehicle supplement increased to $700.

NOT A PENNY LESS BSO !!

Even if they give you that chump change they will still be behind every reputable department in this area. Stop negotiating for last place. Truthfully if you morons vote for some sh!t like that you deserve to be in last place.

Unregistered
04-17-2019, 01:26 AM
[QUOTE=Unregistered;2999047]

Even if they give you that chump change they will still be behind every reputable department in this area. Stop negotiating for last place. Truthfully if you morons vote for some sh!t like that you deserve to be in last place.

Your an idiot and you have to get your facts straight.

Unregistered
04-17-2019, 01:55 AM
[QUOTE=Unregistered;2999047]

Its obviously the PBA stirring the pot and not checking their facts. Go away PBA

Unregistered
04-17-2019, 02:23 PM

If they must do above with a year 3 opener , make year 3 an opener with a minimum of 3%.

Unregistered
04-20-2019, 11:29 AM
3.5%/5% step/3%

Nothing less BSO !

Unregistered
04-20-2019, 02:29 PM
3.5%/5% step/3%

Nothing less BSO !

Yes of course, we will not accept less than last place BSO!!!!!!!! We will only accept chump change, not a penny less!!!!!!!!!

Unregistered
04-21-2019, 03:59 AM
BIG PROBLEM SNACK. He should be removed from negotiations. He is self centered and only cares abo0ut p##ssy. He will f##k you, your girl firend, and your wife especially if you are a deputy or fire fighter. He is SCUM! We should stop negotiating with him. He has been a problem for many years.

Unregistered
04-21-2019, 03:48 PM
BIG PROBLEM SNACK. He should be removed from negotiations. He is self centered and only cares abo0ut p##ssy. He will f##k you, your girl firend, and your wife especially if you are a deputy or fire fighter. He is SCUM! We should stop negotiating with him. He has been a problem for many years.

You are 100% correct

Unregistered
04-22-2019, 01:15 AM
3.5%/5% step/3%

Nothing less BSO !

Let's see April 30th

Unregistered
04-23-2019, 01:57 PM

BSO has thr money and this would get us in par with the rest of the county.

Unregistered
04-23-2019, 02:08 PM

Are you nuts? We are 20% behind the leading departments in this area. You are asking for minimal raises. Assuming those departments get minimal raises you will still be 20% behind them. You have to get a larger raise than they receive to get up to par. You should have been demanding 7% across the board to make up for all the years we’ve been getting screwed over.

Unregistered
04-23-2019, 02:14 PM

You guys are asking for precisely half of what you should be asking for. And these scumbag commissioners still don’t want to give it to you. The new appointee isn’t strong enough to take a stand for the troops. What a mess, thanks Desantis you’re an ass clown.

Unregistered
04-23-2019, 02:42 PM
You want him to give you a better deal? Just say, Hitler loved animals and children, he tried to stop the WAR not start it, he banned smoking in all buildings and was a vegetarian! The Leader cried during Disney's bamby movie , (so did snack in Israel's living room! ) , but he wanted the seven dwarfs rounded up and shot for being inferior!

Unregistered
04-23-2019, 04:09 PM
Are you nuts? We are 20% behind the leading departments in this area. You are asking for minimal raises. Assuming those departments get minimal raises you will still be 20% behind them. You have to get a larger raise than they receive to get up to par. You should have been demanding 7% across the board to make up for all the years we’ve been getting screwed over.

If you did your job PBA, we wouldnt be behind. But your numbers are still a little off. It wont be done in one contract