PDA

View Full Version : Why Alvin Pollock Should Not Be A Leader For BSO

Unregistered
01-13-2019, 03:33 AM
Alvin Pollock seems like a nice guy and I’m sure he means well. But where I lost my confidence and trust in him as a leader for BSO was when his two boys were granted to ride the easy train just because of Alvin’s rank. His two boys with barely two years experience were sent to specialized units and given new BSO vehicles (including the black “ghost” BSO vehicle). There were so many highly qualified men and women out there with years of experience (more than 1 and 2 year(s)) who worked their asses off and deserved those positions. Nepotism at it’s finest.

If we’re going to start fresh and move forward, let history be history and put some fresh new faces with experience on board to run BSO along side with out new Sheriff. Just my two cents because I keep seeing Alvin Pollock’s name being thrown around as a possible to join Sheriff Tony’s leadership team.

If you have any other concerns about Alvin Pollock being a part of Sheriff Tony’s team please share your thoughts.

Unregistered
01-13-2019, 03:36 AM
Alvin Pollock seems like a nice guy and I’m sure he means well. But where I lost my confidence and trust in him as a leader for BSO was when his two boys were granted to ride the easy train just because of Alvin’s rank. His two boys with barely two years experience were sent to specialized units and given new BSO vehicles (including the black “ghost” BSO vehicle). There were so many highly qualified men and women out there with years of experience (more than 1 and 2 year(s)) who worked their asses off and deserved those positions. Nepotism at it’s finest.

If we’re going to start fresh and move forward, let history be history and put some fresh new faces with experience on board to run BSO along side with out new Sheriff. Just my two cents because I keep seeing Alvin Pollock’s name being thrown around as a possible to join Sheriff Tony’s leadership team.

If you have any other concerns about Alvin Pollock being a part of Sheriff Tony’s team please share your thoughts.

From my experience he seems to play the race card often JMO.

Unregistered
01-13-2019, 06:45 PM

I agree. The Nepotism Force is strong with this one.

Unregistered
01-13-2019, 06:58 PM
I agree. The Nepotism Force is strong with this one.

https://fthmb.tqn.com/f81z9HoZdxIgNWG256pXY1UpQxM=/768x0/filters:no_upscale()/office-space-star-wars-58b8c8f53df78c353c20a063.jpg

Unregistered
01-13-2019, 08:16 PM

Alvin provided equal opportunities to minorities in the agency and that’s a bad thing? Every Sheriff and administrator is supposed to find a balance. I’ll tell you my experience with Alvin a few years ago. I was on the interview board for a specialty unit that one of his sons put in for. I ran into Alvin a couple of days before the interviews at the PSB. His instructions to me were to evaluate his son just as any other candidate. His son did very well on the interview but there were other more qualified personnel. We chose another candidate for our unit. I ran into the Colonel many times since then and not once has he mentioned his son not being selected to our unit.

Unregistered
01-13-2019, 10:13 PM
Alvin provided equal opportunities to minorities in the agency and that’s a bad thing? Every Sheriff and administrator is supposed to find a balance. I’ll tell you my experience with Alvin a few years ago. I was on the interview board for a specialty unit that one of his sons put in for. I ran into Alvin a couple of days before the interviews at the PSB. His instructions to me were to evaluate his son just as any other candidate. His son did very well on the interview but there were other more qualified personnel. We chose another candidate for our unit. I ran into the Colonel many times since then and not once has he mentioned his son not being selected to our unit.

Original poster never did mention anything about Alvin not providing equal opportunities to minorities. Put your reading glasses on. Regardless of your experience, EVERYONE knows his two boys were given special treatmeant with less than two years experience. Specialized units (even if you rejected one of them), special vehicles, special treatment, period. Waving the wand of nepotism is not a good quality for a leader and sends the wrong message. I as well as a majority can attest to more than a handful of qualified deputies with more than two years of experience were ignored and skipped for the benefit of his two boys.