PDA

View Full Version : Ben gives Chitwood a well-deserved tongue-lashing!

Unregistered
12-07-2018, 04:41 PM
As reported in the News-Journal, when asked what he would say to people who are critical of his use of profanity and personal insults, Chitwood replied: "Go f--- themselves!"
Ben was among the many people quoted in the story, and I was very glad to see it. Too many times we just silently shrug our shoulders at Chitwood's outrages and think: oh well, that's just the way he is. Well, that may be the way he is, but I don't think it should ever be accepted, ignored or simply shrugged at. Chitwood needs to be called out for the loud-mouth, profane, childish, unprofessional, bully jerk that he is! In the story, Ben said he would go so far as to call Chitwood's comments a dereliction of duty. Unfortunately, the story didn't include the entire quote to explain what Ben meant by that. So in the interest of full disclosure, here's Ben's full quote in response to Chitwood's "Go f--- themselves" comment. Ben is absolutely right about Chitwood; he hit the nail on the head. Can't wait until he takes his seat on the County Council next month!
"Chitwood's use of filthy language to make his points is uncalled for, unprofessional and demeaning to both the public and the office of Sheriff. But even more disturbing than that is the fact that what he seems to be saying is that he's going to ignore and dismiss everyone who disagree with him. That's the height of hypocrisy and unprofessionalism. I would even go so far as to say it's a dereliction of duty. After all, he's supposed to be the sheriff for everyone -- those who voted for him and those who didn't, those who agree with him and those who don't. It's a shame, but his comments and attitude are simply indefensible ."

Unregistered
12-08-2018, 11:18 AM
As reported in the News-Journal, when asked what he would say to people who are critical of his use of profanity and personal insults, Chitwood replied: "Go f--- themselves!"
Ben was among the many people quoted in the story, and I was very glad to see it. Too many times we just silently shrug our shoulders at Chitwood's outrages and think: oh well, that's just the way he is. Well, that may be the way he is, but I don't think it should ever be accepted, ignored or simply shrugged at. Chitwood needs to be called out for the loud-mouth, profane, childish, unprofessional, bully jerk that he is! In the story, Ben said he would go so far as to call Chitwood's comments a dereliction of duty. Unfortunately, the story didn't include the entire quote to explain what Ben meant by that. So in the interest of full disclosure, here's Ben's full quote in response to Chitwood's "Go f--- themselves" comment. Ben is absolutely right about Chitwood; he hit the nail on the head. Can't wait until he takes his seat on the County Council next month!
"Chitwood's use of filthy language to make his points is uncalled for, unprofessional and demeaning to both the public and the office of Sheriff. But even more disturbing than that is the fact that what he seems to be saying is that he's going to ignore and dismiss everyone who disagree with him. That's the height of hypocrisy and unprofessionalism. I would even go so far as to say it's a dereliction of duty. After all, he's supposed to be the sheriff for everyone -- those who voted for him and those who didn't, those who agree with him and those who don't. It's a shame, but his comments and attitude are simply indefensible ."

Everybody wishes we had Ben back!!!! He was a professional.

Unregistered
12-08-2018, 11:39 AM
Everybody wishes we had Ben back!!!! He was a professional.

No, everybody doesn’t.

Unregistered
12-08-2018, 12:45 PM
No, everybody doesn’t.

The poster should have said practically everybody. Chitwood is a joke. I hope he gets scumbag of the week next week. I love the self promotion of him riding his bicycle at the number streets. Notice he has his camera crew out there to document his heroic riding. And notice he does not have a firearm. I hope he does not encounter any crimes while going on his exercise.

Unregistered
12-08-2018, 01:02 PM
The poster should have said practically everybody. Chitwood is a joke. I hope he gets scumbag of the week next week. I love the self promotion of him riding his bicycle at the number streets. Notice he has his camera crew out there to document his heroic riding. And notice he does not have a firearm. I hope he does not encounter any crimes while going on his exercise.

He actually did have a firearm on so take a closer look. And you’re wrong about Ben. “Practically everybody” who wants Ben back already retired from their command staff positions. Thank god. I find it quite funny that in the very same post one can criticize Chitwood for name calling yet do the name calling in the next sentence.

Unregistered
12-08-2018, 01:12 PM
He actually did have a firearm on so take a closer look. And you’re wrong about Ben. “Practically everybody” who wants Ben back already retired from their command staff positions. Thank god. I find it quite funny that in the very same post one can criticize Chitwood for name calling yet do the name calling in the next sentence.

That’s because those posters don’t work here and only listen to what they want to hear. They certainly are not open-minded. While they do make some valid points, many are lost in the same way Chitwood’s are by thir presentation. Well I do not agree with a lot of what Chitwood has done, there are some good things that these guys won’t mention.

Unregistered
12-08-2018, 01:14 PM
That’s because those posters don’t work here and only listen to what they want to hear. They certainly are not open-minded. While they do make some valid points, many are lost in the same way Chitwood’s are by thir presentation. Well I do not agree with a lot of what Chitwood has done, there are some good things that these guys won’t mention.

Bingo. If practically everybody wished Ben was back we would have a different sheriff right now.

Unregistered
12-08-2018, 02:35 PM
Bingo. If practically everybody wished Ben was back we would have a different sheriff right now.

Not true... I'll leave that right there. I believe the poster meant everyone who's honest wants him back. Or maybe, all who matter want him back.

Answer how we would have a different Sheriff. We cant fire him, and the union wont step up. I say your department does a confidence vote. And I'll walk the community and ask who wants him after viewing truths. Then we'll know and wont assume. Bet this; if Ben ran, he'd win by a landslide... Ben is not a quitter in any sense, so I feel he will do his job the best he can next month. I'll be there to welcome him at his first meeting. And my 3 minutes will focus on him.

Unregistered
12-08-2018, 03:06 PM
Not true... I'll leave that right there. I believe the poster meant everyone who's honest wants him back. Or maybe, all who matter want him back.

Answer how we would have a different Sheriff. We cant fire him, and the union wont step up. I say your department does a confidence vote. And I'll walk the community and ask who wants him after viewing truths. Then we'll know and wont assume. Bet this; if Ben ran, he'd win by a landslide... Ben is not a quitter in any sense, so I feel he will do his job the best he can next month. I'll be there to welcome him at his first meeting. And my 3 minutes will focus on him.

Suck it up. He’s here for two more years and longer if he wants to be. You can walk and talk all you want, but the public loves him. Period, end of story.

Unregistered
12-08-2018, 03:18 PM

Dietrich would be the sheriff if everybody wanted Ben. Even Ben’s endorsement didn’t cut it. So your 3 minutes will be an ass kiss session?

Unregistered
12-08-2018, 06:13 PM
Dietrich would be the sheriff if everybody wanted Ben. Even Ben’s endorsement didn’t cut it. So your 3 minutes will be an ass kiss session?

Guess we'll see, wont we.. I promise I wont wear my ABC shirt and to shave too, that's called showing respect. "I'M ONLY RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT I SAY, NOT FOR WHAT YOU UNDERSTAND" Kind of epic who I have met and talked with this week... EPIC! And today could be the best yet! Wish me luck ☘

Unregistered
12-08-2018, 07:16 PM

Thank GOD that didn't happen.

Unregistered
12-09-2018, 04:26 AM
Thank GOD that didn't happen.

Anyone would do better the Chitwood. Absolutely anyone. Has anyone ever requested the liabilities he is solely responsible for? I'd sure like to know that $ amount? I would bet he is pissed that his money making jail will remain a money maker for the county 😤 Why do you think he lost it? I'm sure you'll say passion, right? Nope, he lost it because it wont be upheld. This was done to protect US, and not personally judge him? Just like today, it wasn't about him... Yet, he comes up in chapter 3 after I get my exposure on issues above his head and paygrade. He doesn't understand because he never cared.

Unregistered
12-10-2018, 12:58 AM

No one is all bad, not even Chitwood. While I admit to being an ABC’er, I also acknowledge that he’s done some good and has achieved some successes since taking office. Unfortunately for Chitwood, virtually anything good that he has done is completely overshadowed by his unprofessionalism, school-yard bullying tactics, angry rants, foul language, constant insults and infighting, questionable ethics and his over-the-top self-promotion and self-serving motives.

Unregistered
12-10-2018, 01:17 AM
No one is all bad, not even Chitwood. While I admit to being an ABC’er, I also acknowledge that he’s done some good and has achieved some successes since taking office. Unfortunately for Chitwood, virtually anything good that he has done is completely overshadowed by his unprofessionalism, school-yard bullying tactics, angry rants, foul language, constant insults and infighting, questionable ethics and his over-the-top self-promotion and self-serving motives.

Good post. I wonder what some of the good things Chitwood has done. He has ruined the livelihood of deputies, supported illegal immigration and lied. Just a joke. He has a PR machine that continues to paint an inaccurate picture of what he is.

Unregistered
12-10-2018, 01:51 AM
Good post. I wonder what some of the good things Chitwood has done. He has ruined the livelihood of deputies, supported illegal immigration and lied. Just a joke. He has a PR machine that continues to paint an inaccurate picture of what he is.

He paints an inaccurate picture of everone... Szabo, Jenkins, Dineen, Eckert, the entire council! If you look at the facts, they're all successes for Volusia to be proud of, with the exception of Hearher Post. Mike Chitwood is no success story for us. Being as the council controls Chitwood, they should put him in timeout until further notice.

Unregistered
12-10-2018, 02:21 AM
He paints an inaccurate picture of everone... Szabo, Jenkins, Dineen, Eckert, the entire council! If you look at the facts, they're all successes for Volusia to be proud of, with the exception of Hearher Post. Mike Chitwood is no success story for us. Being as the council controls Chitwood, they should put him in timeout until further notice.

And there are a great many more great deputies that left the VCSO in the last year and a half so they would not have to deal with this imbecile or have their reputations tarnished. I would fathom a guess that the mass exodus of deputies in 2017 and 2018 were attributed to the aforementioned.

Unregistered
12-10-2018, 04:23 AM
And there are a great many more great deputies that left the VCSO in the last year and a half so they would not have to deal with this imbecile or have their reputations tarnished. I would fathom a guess that the mass exodus of deputies in 2017 and 2018 were attributed to the aforementioned.
That would be a good bet, going by the exit interviews... Most left due to being overworked (deputy shortages) or because of upper management.

Unregistered
12-10-2018, 06:48 AM
That would be a good bet, going by the exit interviews... Most left due to being overworked (deputy shortages) or because of upper management.

Where did they go? Meaning what do they all do for work now?

Unregistered
12-10-2018, 08:31 AM

I call it respect, so will the rest of the council... Which btw, are listening now. Maybe because the problem is personal, or maybe because I have spoken with the correct individuals to intervene and help. Ben's endorsement wasn't his first choice, his first choice didn't want the job, if he did Chitwood would still be marinating in the Daytona cesspool.

Unregistered
12-10-2018, 08:55 AM
Where did they go? Meaning what do they all do for work now?

Some went to other agencies, but most lost the will to police and completely changed careers altogether. Cant blame em

Unregistered
12-10-2018, 09:25 AM
Some went to other agencies, but most lost the will to police and completely changed careers altogether. Cant blame em

Thats a very common national trend. Hard to source that trend to a local individual. It’s not an enigma at all. Easy to see the reason for that trend is our society. All too often the negativity is repeated on the nightly news. Add the high stress and low pay into the equation and people leave. It’s rare that people stay in law enforcement long enough to retire with a full pension, and its rare to stay at just one agency of you do stay. It’s far different from other pension jobs like teachers. Unless they move, teachers have a much higher rate of staying an entire career in one school system. Law enforcement and public service in general is not glorious and it wears on you. Like with the military, most are in for 4 years and leave. Just a reality of the business.

Unregistered
12-10-2018, 09:55 AM
Thats a very common national trend. Hard to source that trend to a local individual. It’s not an enigma at all. Easy to see the reason for that trend is our society. All too often the negativity is repeated on the nightly news. Add the high stress and low pay into the equation and people leave. It’s rare that people stay in law enforcement long enough to retire with a full pension, and its rare to stay at just one agency of you do stay. It’s far different from other pension jobs like teachers. Unless they move, teachers have a much higher rate of staying an entire career in one school system. Law enforcement and public service in general is not glorious and it wears on you. Like with the military, most are in for 4 years and leave. Just a reality of the business.

Very true and well written, however as I have the exit interviews and reasons stated are overwhelmingly Chitwood based issues. I would never reveal the sources, but I have also spoken face to face with many who have left. I think if you had the documents I have you'd agree Chitwood did not help but hurt the agency.

Unregistered
12-10-2018, 02:49 PM
Very true and well written, however as I have the exit interviews and reasons stated are overwhelmingly Chitwood based issues. I would never reveal the sources, but I have also spoken face to face with many who have left. I think if you had the documents I have you'd agree Chitwood did not help but hurt the agency.

You have a certain percentage of people leave with any administration change. If you recall, when Ben took office there was the same thing. Change brings other change. Happens everywhere every single day and even in private businesses. Those who don’t agree with the views of the administration seek other opportunities.

Unregistered
12-10-2018, 03:45 PM
You have a certain percentage of people leave with any administration change. If you recall, when Ben took office there was the same thing. Change brings other change. Happens everywhere every single day and even in private businesses. Those who don’t agree with the views of the administration seek other opportunities.

You are right in theory, again... However being as I have both actual numbers, it would appear Chitwood helped the process along. I have exit interviews and also spoke to many who left. You cannot trust exit interviews anyway, if a deputy is going to stay a leo, they do not burn the agency they've left. Not on paper anyway!

Unregistered
12-10-2018, 10:32 PM

I would be willing to bet the percentages for folks leaving when Chitwood took office are considerably greater than when Sheriff Johnson took office. If they were not Chitwood would not have been forced to higher the GS4 company for courthouse security, would not have been forced to hire "guardians" for elementary school security (with the School district) and would not be so short of deputies after 2 years.

Perhaps Chitwood can do some creative math (like he does with UCR numbers) and make it seem like only 7 deputies left...instead of the over 70.

Unregistered
12-11-2018, 09:54 PM
Suck it up. He’s here for two more years and longer if he wants to be. You can walk and talk all you want, but the public loves him. Period, end of story.

The public doesn't know him, the department does

Unregistered
12-11-2018, 10:03 PM
I would be willing to bet the percentages for folks leaving when Chitwood took office are considerably greater than when Sheriff Johnson took office. If they were not Chitwood would not have been forced to higher the GS4 company for courthouse security, would not have been forced to hire "guardians" for elementary school security (with the School district) and would not be so short of deputies after 2 years.

Perhaps Chitwood can do some creative math (like he does with UCR numbers) and make it seem like only 7 deputies left...instead of the over 70.

He kind of is doing some creative numbers with deputies who left. They are being kept on as reserve but don’t actual serve any reserve function. They are technically still on the books but don’t actually work here anymore. The stat doesn’t go down as a departure just a position change.

Unregistered
12-11-2018, 10:14 PM
He kind of is doing some creative numbers with deputies who left. They are being kept on as reserve but don’t actual serve any reserve function. They are technically still on the books but don’t actually work here anymore. The stat doesn’t go down as a departure just a position change.

Can this be verified? That is very dishonest to the public.

Unregistered
12-11-2018, 10:42 PM
The public doesn't know him, the department does

The department doesn’t vote him in the office, the public does.

Unregistered
12-11-2018, 10:43 PM

Shut up. The public doesn’t need to know. Nor do they care.

Unregistered
12-12-2018, 01:25 AM
Shut up. The public doesn’t need to know. Nor do they care.

Try to spread your comments out. When they post 2 minutes apart you make it obvious they are both posted by the same person. Chitwood should expect more out of that high paid PR department.

Unregistered
12-12-2018, 01:38 AM
Try to spread your comments out. When they post 2 minutes apart you make it obvious they are both posted by the same person. Chitwood should expect more out of that high paid PR department.

Chitwood is a clown and an embarrassment.

Unregistered
12-12-2018, 02:35 AM

It should be verifiable with public records requests. Ask for a list of reserve officers and the number of hours they worked. It would also be interesting to get a breakdown of reserve vs full time and see how that stacks up against the headcount the admin has quoted publicly.

Unregistered
12-12-2018, 04:25 AM

Yep. They were both from me. What’s your point?

Unregistered
12-12-2018, 10:37 AM
Yep. They were both from me. What’s your point?

The point should be Chitwood is a clown, an embarrassment to law enforcement and clueless as to what leadership means.

Unregistered
12-12-2018, 11:34 PM
It should be verifiable with public records requests. Ask for a list of reserve officers and the number of hours they worked. It would also be interesting to get a breakdown of reserve vs full time and see how that stacks up against the headcount the admin has quoted publicly.
I'm on it 👍! I worked late tonight, gotta pay those fees for PRR's Gants sure to charge me for. It's okay, I travel with enough money to buy whatever I want. That's dishonest in the worst degree if true. I'm sure I'll get the PIO's generic automatic email; due to the volume of public records requests .... In other words, the lights are on and no one is home. Very reminiscent of Andrew Jenkins appeal board hearing. There is so much deceit in our once elite agency now. Good cops getting tarnished, alleged lies about employee numbers. Dishonest crime reporting that I have documented with facts, here and also on ABC. I do not hate the Sheriff. There are things I like about his character. I just dont think we are recieving what he sold us during his campaign. I feel as though he let me down... My guess is that he made a mistake, the department actually, and he would not face me. He was angry at me, like he was with John. Well, I'm not an employee he can fire, but I am a citizen who deserves an answer. And being as he didn't face me about my daughter, I have many more questions than I did originally. No one is perfect, people make mistakes. Cops and deputies too. My point being that all should expect honesty. We deserve that! It's not deputies fault crime is so high. There is a national shortage of police and they are overworked. That along with deescalation is going to cost us one way or another... It's simple math, we've lost basically every training professional. Who is going to teach these new kids tactics to save their lives when a lone guardian meets a no good gladiator or a "warrior for bad"? I really hope that never happens, if it does, I imagine more deputies to leave. Only warriors would stay and hunt down the bad guy. Just my .02 cents

Unregistered
12-13-2018, 12:20 AM

Done! As in already sent to LB in records. I sense the tension and I am very much prepared. Sure got quiet on the Lake Helen post. Is it because I stated facts? I will post the actual PRR on "ABC" shortly 👍