PDA

View Full Version : PBA should have let the firefighters go first

Unregistered
10-31-2018, 11:11 AM
Since the PBA was so afraid of negotiating with Gimenez, they would have been well advised to let the firefighters go first. They would,have never settled to a 1% COLA and then the PBA ask for the same. Never allow the cowards to go first for,it paves the way for everyone else. I hope this contract fails and the PBA becomes more wavy and let someone else with more negotiating skills to lead the way.

Unregistered
10-31-2018, 01:18 PM
I actually like that idea. I hope PBA powers listen

Unregistered
11-01-2018, 02:24 AM
I totally agree. All the unions should get together and the one with the biggest sack should go first. PBA was bad choice.

Unregistered
11-01-2018, 10:33 AM
Since the PBA was so afraid of negotiating with Gimenez, they would have been well advised to let the firefighters go first. They would,have never settled to a 1% COLA and then the PBA ask for the same. Never allow the cowards to go first for,it paves the way for everyone else. I hope this contract fails and the PBA becomes more wavy and let someone else with more negotiating skills to lead the way.

There are certain people affiliated with the current PBA WHO need to STOP spreading misinformation already. You know who you are. STOP YOUR BS. We are all tired of it...

Unregistered
11-01-2018, 10:37 AM
I actually like that idea. I hope PBA powers listen

Let me know how that is working out the county told every union it was 0 % across the board because the cola has a “me too” clause attached. So the county will not do higher cola’s PERIOD. Which is why we got 1.5% attached to our FDLE SUPPLEMENT. This is because other unions don’t get FDLE SUPPLEMENT so there is no “me too” attached. Get educated and stop focusing on the cola.

Unregistered
11-02-2018, 02:09 AM
Let me know how that is working out the county told every union it was 0 % across the board because the cola has a “me too” clause attached. So the county will not do higher cola’s PERIOD. Which is why we got 1.5% attached to our FDLE SUPPLEMENT. This is because other unions don’t get FDLE SUPPLEMENT so there is no “me too” attached. Get educated and stop focusing on the cola.

You must be new to this contract stuff. You see, other unions get things we don’t as well. Let’s say transit gets a nice 3% supplemental for having a passenger bus license. That’s better than our fdle. And for poops and giggles, those guys and girls at fire, who “stage”, oops, sorry rookie, I meant to say while they wait a few blocks away while we “clear the scene” for them, get a nice 7.5% for paramedic certification. Geez, that sounds better than our l’il ole fdle supp. And there’s no “me too” clause on them there “supplemental”. Just saying.

Unregistered
11-02-2018, 01:01 PM
My brother is a local 1403 Firefighter and he said Omar laughed his butt off when asked what he thought of the PBA contract. He said no,way will they bring that to their members.

Unregistered
11-02-2018, 10:08 PM
Hopefully this fails and the PBA will wait until the pros go before us.

Unregistered
11-02-2018, 10:26 PM
Look how low we’ve fallen when we want MDFR fight our battles for us. MDPD goes in first and clears the scene. We make the trail, not MDFR. Let’s do this on our own with our own pros.

Unregistered
11-02-2018, 11:01 PM
Look how low we’ve fallen when we want MDFR fight our battles for us. MDPD goes in first and clears the scene. We make the trail, not MDFR. Let’s do this on our own with our own pros.

Except we don’t have pros in house. They are private practice lawyers which the PBA occasionally uses but chose not to for our contract. Look at what we got.

Unregistered
11-03-2018, 12:17 AM
If you have any questions or want more information on how to switch Unions, please contact Jeff Edmiston at 941-350-9170 or jedmiston@iupa.org

Click the link below for an IUPA Brochure
https://iupa.org/wp-content/uploads/...e-Brochure.pdf