PDA

View Full Version : Experienced officer applying to BSO

Unregistered
10-06-2018, 09:22 PM
I’m an officer at a local department ( 3 years experience) and I curious to know if BSO would take experiences officers to put them straight in a specialty after FTO? I’ve heard that it has happened in the past. Thanks for the help

Unregistered
10-06-2018, 09:23 PM
If you're in with the right crowd and suck enough caulk you won't even have to wait till after your trainings over.

Unregistered
10-06-2018, 11:07 PM
I’m an officer at a local department ( 3 years experience) and I curious to know if BSO would take experiences officers to put them straight in a specialty after FTO? I’ve heard that it has happened in the past. Thanks for the help

If you have over 3 years and did not have more than an 18 month break in service then you will most likely be eligible for the modified FTD program. Don't know what you heard about "specialty" but you are required to work a year and be off probation. Specialty units like all others will have a posting that you will have to submit for and meet the requirements of the posting. Good luck.

Unregistered
10-06-2018, 11:08 PM
Are you female? Because if you are you can probably work in a specialized unit while on FTD.

Unregistered
10-06-2018, 11:26 PM
3 years and you are experienced? Unless you worked Lauderhill you are not experienced.
Come and work district 4/5 or Pompano for a few years and then you will be an experienced cop.
Do you still live with your parents? Because if you do stay where you are!
No more flakes crying about new uniforms!
Please!!!!

Unregistered
10-06-2018, 11:27 PM
If you have over 3 years and did not have more than an 18 month break in service then you will most likely be eligible for the modified FTD program. Don't know what you heard about "specialty" but you are required to work a year and be off probation. Specialty units like all others will have a posting that you will have to submit for and meet the requirements of the posting. Good luck.

Yeah I have 3 years straight with no breaks in between. I make more money now however I contribute more and I work for a very political department that does not want you to do anything. I’ve a couple of guys that have gone straight into the BAT unit after FTO. And no I’m not a female.

Unregistered
10-06-2018, 11:30 PM
3 years and you are experienced? Unless you worked Lauderhill you are not experienced.
Come and work district 4/5 or Pompano for a few years and then you will be an experienced cop.
Do you still live with your parents? Because if you do stay where you are!
No more flakes crying about new uniforms!
Please!!!!

lol no I don’t live with my parents and I do work in a busy departments, I would actually want to work in a busy district. your one of the disgruntled ones huh..

Unregistered
10-07-2018, 01:47 AM
Yeah I have 3 years straight with no breaks in between. I make more money now however I contribute more and I work for a very political department that does not want you to do anything. I’ve a couple of guys that have gone straight into the BAT unit after FTO. And no I’m not a female.

Stay where you are at, BSO doesnt want you shaking any tree’s either.

Unregistered
10-07-2018, 02:30 AM
Stay where you are at, BSO doesnt want you shaking any tree’s either.

The city I work for borders north county, lets just say you guys have a lot more fun.

Unregistered
10-07-2018, 06:28 AM
The city I work for borders north county, lets just say you guys have a lot more fun.

We don't have fun. We have to keep our heads down and tails between our legs because we work for a mumbling liberal idiot.

Unregistered
10-07-2018, 12:45 PM
We don't have fun. We have to keep our heads down and tails between our legs because we work for a mumbling liberal idiot.

Just call HR