PDA

View Full Version : Decent areas to live/commute from

Unregistered
08-19-2018, 03:35 AM
I知 a new hire coming from out of state. Any recommendations on a decent area to reside, without a long commute. I知 planning on renting for the first few months while looking for a house.

Unregistered
08-19-2018, 05:30 AM
Few affordable options really close. Lots of people commute from the next county north (Pasco) via the Veterans Expressway. None of our patrol shift start or end times really coincide with rush hour, so you can get away with living further than you might think if you have easy access to the interstates and expressways.

Unregistered
08-19-2018, 12:26 PM
Few affordable options really close. Lots of people commute from the next county north (Pasco) via the Veterans Expressway. None of our patrol shift start or end times really coincide with rush hour, so you can get away with living further than you might think if you have easy access to the interstates and expressways.

Just stay out of the actual city limits and you値l be good. Most of us commute from a surrounding county.

Unregistered
08-20-2018, 02:45 PM
I second living outside the city. My recommendation would be Citrus Park/Carrollwood/Northdale/Lutz/Land O' Lakes/Copland(Wesley Chapel). All of which have reasonable housing and are close to the city.

Unregistered
08-31-2018, 11:46 PM
Would commuting from downtown St. Petersburg be feasible, or a nightmare?

Unregistered
09-01-2018, 03:27 AM
Would commuting from downtown St. Petersburg be feasible, or a nightmare?

If you were working day shift the ride home would be bad any other shift you are good. I moved out of downtown St Pete, many years ago because I did not have a place to park my take home car. We are not able to park then on the Street. Keep that in mind.