PDA

View Full Version : Lateral transfer from NY to florida need some help!

Unregistered
08-09-2018, 05:41 PM
trying to transfer from NYPD down to the sunshine state. Looking for good pay, good benefits, OT, and good quality of living. i was looking at Pembroke pines PD, FT Lauderdale, ST pete, coral gables but if anyone else has a different recommendation on where i should go then please feel free to discuss it.

Unregistered
08-10-2018, 03:36 AM
trying to transfer from NYPD down to the sunshine state. Looking for good pay, good benefits, OT, and good quality of living. i was looking at Pembroke pines PD, FT Lauderdale, ST pete, coral gables but if anyone else has a different recommendation on where i should go then please feel free to discuss it.

Try Tampa PD. Outstanding pay and 20 year retirement. Most others you have to wait 25-30 years to retire with max payout.

Unregistered
08-10-2018, 04:05 PM
Thank you i will look into it looking to move within 2-2.5 years im trying to compare depts and see which one is best in terms of pay

Unregistered
08-11-2018, 04:08 AM
Thank you i will look into it looking to move within 2-2.5 years im trying to compare depts and see which one is best in terms of pay

When comparing pay, keep in mind to compare the cost of living also. For example, you can work in Tampa with excellent pay and drive your issued patrol car home to Pasco County and have a much cheaper cost of living that if you lived in Tampa. Working in Palm Beach County will get you great pay, but much higher cost of living.

Unregistered
08-12-2018, 06:26 AM
Thank you so much for the info will deff look into it. Does anyone know which dept with good pay that isn’t to busy? Or one with off duty details?