PDA

View Full Version : Hiring Update

Unregistered
06-15-2018, 09:54 PM
Can anyone give some ideas on how fast the hiring and training of the new security officers is going? I work for a city that’s assigning us to schools but will not communicate any information to us. They most likely don’t have a clue, so we’re hoping someone there might know a realistic duration of this assignment. Thank you.

Unregistered
06-21-2018, 12:37 AM
I believe the 1st class of recruits starts in a week or two. Almost 200 officers have to be hired so they are trying to move quickly.

Unregistered
07-03-2018, 03:36 PM
What's the starting pay?

Unregistered
09-03-2018, 11:40 PM
The 1st class of recruits graduated Thursday and started in their schools on Friday. I don't know how many there were or when the next class graduates. The training is about 2 months long so it takes a little while from start to finish.

Unregistered
09-03-2018, 11:42 PM
what's the starting pay?

$17.42 - 19.77 d.o.e.

Unregistered
04-18-2019, 05:34 PM
Any of the Hillsborough School Officers have any imput on this position. Their website is extremely vague re information on the job or benefits. Is it mostly a M-F day job or is it 24/7. Is is a good job for retired law enforcement officers. The pay isn’t that great but if it was a good work schedule it’s something that interests me. Thank you

Unregistered
05-13-2019, 03:30 AM
The schedule depends on the Officer’s assignment. Some officers work m-f at a school, some officers work at school board buildings, and some officers are on patrol. Patrol is obviously 24/7 which breaks down into a patrol officer working 4 10 hour shifts. Benefits are decent. The job is very good for retired Leo’s. There is a lot of retired leos and military.

Unregistered
05-13-2019, 07:16 PM
I applied about a month ago for the position, I haven’t heard anything back. I believe I applied correct although the site appeared more geared towards teachers and administrators. One thing I didn’t do was include my college transcripts, I graduated 35 years ago, I was hoping my 30 years in local and federal law enforcement would have at least gotten me an interview. Maybe there is more competition for a job that pays less than $20 an hour than I expected.

Unregistered
05-14-2019, 07:24 AM
You are coming in on the back end of the hiring spree. I don’t know if you live in Florida or not, but last year the governor passed a bill requiring a officer in every school. Prior to the hiring spree it took people six months to a year to get hired. So beings you are applying late, it will probably take some time to hear something back.

Unregistered
05-14-2019, 11:19 AM
You are coming in on the back end of the hiring spree. I don’t know if you live in Florida or not, but last year the governor passed a bill requiring a officer in every school. Prior to the hiring spree it took people six months to a year to get hired. So beings you are applying late, it will probably take some time to hear something back.

Thank you for the update. And yes, I now live in Hillsborough County.

Unregistered
07-11-2019, 05:17 PM
Thank you for the update. And yes, I now live in Hillsborough County.
I’m also interested in this job. Hard to find out what it pays however. What is the hourly rate and schedule? Is it 8 hour days with school breaks and summer off? The application asks for a lot of information but doesn’t give much in return. Thanks for any info, I just don’t want to waste my time applying if this pays like $18 an hour.

Unregistered
07-21-2019, 08:36 PM
Have experience in Law Enforcement / Corrections(certified in both). Plus Florida D & G licenses. Also a Bachelors Degree. Are there any current officer openings?

Unregistered
07-21-2019, 08:39 PM
I’m also interested in this job. Hard to find out what it pays however. What is the hourly rate and schedule? Is it 8 hour days with school breaks and summer off? The application asks for a lot of information but doesn’t give much in return. Thanks for any info, I just don’t want to waste my time applying if this pays like $18 an hour.

Website shows it starts off between $17-19 an hour. So yes you’re wasting your time! Try security at one of the Westfield malls😆