PDA

View Full Version : Courthouse Deputies & Proposed Constitutional Change

FCRC
02-11-2018, 05:41 PM
Links are provided to be in compliance with leoaffairs TOS:

COURT SECURITY:
PROPOSAL TO CHANGE THE FLORIDA CONSTITUTION

PROPOSED CONSTITUTIONAL CHANGE:

The proposal is to remove the authority of Florida’s chief judges to determine whether courthouse security:
- should or should not be provided
- in their courthouses by county sheriffs
- and instead, transfer that authority to Florida's sheriffs
- thus giving a sheriff the legal right to abdicate the responsibility of providing court security, if he so chooses.
Here is a link to the proposal:
https://www.flcrc.gov/Proposals/Commissioner/2017/0026
DEEPER BACKGROUND POLITICAL EXPLANATION:

Sarasota County Sheriff Tom Knight removed deputies from court buildings - and completely abandoned security - thus allowing armed civilians (both with and without gun permits) unrestricted access into court facilities. Ironically, Knight also potentially allowed armed terrorists unrestricted access into court buildings. The chief judge ordered Knight to reinstate courthouse security, but Knight refused. However, instead of arresting Knight (for contempt of court), the chief judge sent the issue to an appellate court for a higher legal decision. The appeals court ruled unanimously against Knight, thus forcing Knight to reinstate deputies to court security duties. If the proposed Constitutional change were to be implemented, then it will give Knight (and all Florida sheriffs) the legal authority to abandon court security duties, if he so desires.
Here is a link to the decided court case:
http://199.242.69.70/pls/ds/ds_docket?p_caseyear=2017&p_casenumber=965&psCourt=2&psSearchType=
(it’s a slow load)
PROPOSED CONSTITUTIONAL LANGUAGE:

Here is the verbatim proposed language (as of this writing) to change the Florida Constitution to transfer court authority from chief judges to county sheriffs:
“Recognizing the importance and authority of the sheriffs and local law enforcement agencies in the prevention of terrorist acts and other crimes in the community, the county sheriff, in consultation with local stakeholders recognized in the Florida Statutes, shall have responsibility for the security of county owned or operated courthouses, court facilities, and court service buildings. The sheriff’s authority shall include decision-making regarding the security of these courthouses, court facilities, and court service buildings, as well as local decisions regarding the administration and operations of the office of the sheriff that affect security and law enforcement.”
Here is a link to the above proposed text:
https://www.flcrc.gov/Proposals/Commissioner/2017/0026/?Tab=BillText
COMMENTARY:

A chief judge should remain the legal determiner on whether court security can be legally abdicated by a sheriff – and not a sheriff. The proposed Constitutional change is listed under the guise of combating terrorism, but in reality, it would Constitutionally allow Sarasota Sheriff Tom Knight to abdicate court securities, based on his personal discretion. Knight abdicated court security once before, until a chief judge ordered him to reinstate it. The proposal to change the Constitution is motivated by disingenuous and dirty politics that is not good for victims, court personnel, litigants, attorneys or the people of Florida.

Unregistered
02-11-2018, 11:40 PM
Even though this involves Sarasota County (and might have amendment issues) there is some relationship with us here in Volusia County. Our Sheriff hired GS4 (the company that once employed the Pulse night club murderer - Mateeen) to provide security at the courthouses. This was after Indian River County SO and St Lucie County SO immediately cancelled their contracts with GS4 once the relationship between GS4 and Mateen became known.

Obviously if there was not the mass exodus of deputies in 2017 this hiring of GS4 would have never occurred.

I wonder what the Kool Ade drinkers that are in love with the Dear Leader have to say about this.

Unregistered
02-17-2018, 05:45 PM
Even though this involves Sarasota County (and might have amendment issues) there is some relationship with us here in Volusia County. Our Sheriff hired GS4 (the company that once employed the Pulse night club murderer - Mateeen) to provide security at the courthouses. This was after Indian River County SO and St Lucie County SO immediately cancelled their contracts with GS4 once the relationship between GS4 and Mateen became known.

Obviously if there was not the mass exodus of deputies in 2017 this hiring of GS4 would have never occurred.

I wonder what the Kool Ade drinkers that are in love with the Dear Leader have to say about this.

You are on here a lot KP. Almost as much as AB.

Unregistered
02-17-2018, 06:54 PM
You are on here a lot KP. Almost as much as AB.

You got me...haha

Unregistered
02-17-2018, 09:51 PM
You got me...haha

It’s all too obvious.

Unregistered
02-17-2018, 10:24 PM
It’s all too obvious.

I am just glad we can post on here and not have to face punishment for telling the truth (like what happened to Szabo).

Unregistered
02-18-2018, 04:52 AM
I am just glad we can post on here and not have to face punishment for telling the truth (like what happened to Szabo).

That's because everyone on here is anonymous and cowards. Keyboard worries if you will. Yes, I know, I am anonymous too. However, I am not posting negative messages or bashing anyone. As for Szabo, he created his own monster. I don't have any feelings about him one way or the other. I just don't think it's wise to be bashing your own agency on a forum for others to see. I don't know if he's fighting it or not, but he will lose if he does.

Unregistered
02-18-2018, 12:47 PM
That's because everyone on here is anonymous and cowards. Keyboard worries if you will. Yes, I know, I am anonymous too. However, I am not posting negative messages or bashing anyone. As for Szabo, he created his own monster. I don't have any feelings about him one way or the other. I just don't think it's wise to be bashing your own agency on a forum for others to see. I don't know if he's fighting it or not, but he will lose if he does.

It is interesting that you classify everyone who post on here as cowards. There are thousands of LEO's that post on various boards here. They are not cowards. They are maybe fed up with leaders that do not care about them. Leaders that are more worried about illegal immigrants, de-escalation, Compstat and their own political future.

And looking at some of the posts I found somebody who cares so much about our children and schools that he posted a solution to the school violence issue.

And this site also alerts the rank and file deputies that there is a snitch and back stabber (documented by Volusia Exposed - Patrick Omelia) in the midst.

I say keep the site and forums. Keep posting. Chitwood and his minions can do nothing here...like they did with Szabo.

Unregistered
02-25-2018, 05:54 PM
It is interesting that you classify everyone who post on here as cowards. There are thousands of LEO's that post on various boards here. They are not cowards. They are maybe fed up with leaders that do not care about them. Leaders that are more worried about illegal immigrants, de-escalation, Compstat and their own political future.

And looking at some of the posts I found somebody who cares so much about our children and schools that he posted a solution to the school violence issue.

And this site also alerts the rank and file deputies that there is a snitch and back stabber (documented by Volusia Exposed - Patrick Omelia) in the midst.

I say keep the site and forums. Keep posting. Chitwood and his minions can do nothing here...like they did with Szabo.

You mean the guy who deployed his taser waiting in line at McDonald’s then lied about it but was given an opportunity to “correct” his report after it was contradicted by video surveillance? That Patrick Omelia?

Unregistered
02-25-2018, 06:56 PM
You mean the guy who deployed his taser waiting in line at McDonald’s then lied about it but was given an opportunity to “correct” his report after it was contradicted by video surveillance? That Patrick Omelia?

That would be the same Patrick Omelia. He is an absolute mess. It used to be that any law enforcement officer that lied was automatically finished. Times have changed. He is a golden boy up in Pierson. Nobody else can lie on a report, damage gas pumps and have it made into a joke by the Sheriff, and back-stab Galarza in an IA.
http://volusiaexposed.com/investigations/vcso/ROI.IA.17-008.RoyGalarza.pdf

Unregistered
02-25-2018, 08:30 PM

Chitty loves this clown for a couple of reasons. One he has shown the ability to lie on multiple occasions (just like Chitty) with more issues other than the Taser incident. Two he allows Chitty the opportunity to get media coverage for that idiotic gas pump thing. Three he can back-stab his peers...Chitty likes that in a deputy.

Unregistered
02-25-2018, 09:19 PM
Chitty loves this clown for a couple of reasons. One he has shown the ability to lie on multiple occasions (just like Chitty) with more issues other than the Taser incident. Two he allows Chitty the opportunity to get media coverage for that idiotic gas pump thing. Three he can back-stab his peers...Chitty likes that in a deputy.

I forgot about the gas pump thing. That with the taser incident displays a pattern in my opinion. LE is not the job for someone that habitually careless. But, then again, we are talking about a sheriff who can’t use a bike rack, can’t safely handle a pistol, and steals trinkets from search warrants.

Unregistered
02-26-2018, 12:17 AM
I forgot about the gas pump thing. That with the taser incident displays a pattern in my opinion. LE is not the job for someone that habitually careless. But, then again, we are talking about a sheriff who can’t use a bike rack, can’t safely handle a pistol, and steals trinkets from search warrants.

True points. Our Sheriff is a walking, talking clone of the liberal Sheriff from Coward county (Israel). He has a lot more negatives on his resume that Israel. The only thing is that Israel has really put his foot in this mouth recently. Maybe we could get a package deal when Governor Scott (Now that he has finished with his handiwork with the Medicare fraud and also partly ruining FRS) removes Israel he can take Chitty with him. A two for one offer....Get rid of the liberal sheriffs. They are better suited for Commiefornia (where they love illegal immigration and de-escalation).