PDA

View Full Version : Troy Walker: What about the regular agents?

justaregularoldagent
01-28-2018, 06:42 PM
SAC Walker

It's been over a year since you stood up in a meeting and told us you would buy us an incandescent light for the Glock and a holster that works with the light. Every day we see the SOT guys at the field office with expensive new handguns, rifles, lights, pouches, fancy uniforms, advanced first aid gear, and today I find out they got a 5% raise?????? Gosh darn, the regular agents have not gotten one piece of equipment since you've been here Troy? Not one single thing! God love the SOT guys, but what have they have become like the new Tech Agent in Miami! I don't know what they actually do

It's time to see if the Governor VIA our local state representative can do something to help us.

Unregistered
02-03-2018, 05:02 PM
SOT got their new Glocks with the fancy low rider holsters and lights. This proves that MROC leadership has lost touch with the regular agents and have their priorities screwed up.

To top it off, the SOT team was treated to training this week in that supposedly state of the art training simulator at MROC. I say supposedly because the regular agents apparently are not good enough to deserve training with that simulator.

Look, I agree that the majority of the SOT guys are good people but god damn Troy! They are never available to cover us if we have an undercover meet or an arrest. It seems it never meets "the criteria" for SOT, but can't you help us anyway since you have specially trained firearms guys with special weapons and training?

Wouldn't it have made better sense to push for even the POS guys and OIS to get the 5 percent first! Being on call 24/7, 365 days a year without on call pay has to deserving of the 5 percent. What does the region actually benefit from SOT. I say do away with the SOT team and put the manpower and resources back into the working squads. Hell, my squad was down to 2 people and several more were down to 2 or 3 also!

Bloody Hell
02-03-2018, 05:17 PM
SOT was showing off their new Glocks with the fancy low rider holsters and lights. This proves that MROC leadership has lost touch with the regular agents and have their priorities screwed up.

This week the SOT unit was treated to training in that supposedly state of the art training simulator at MROC. I say supposedly because the regular agents are not good enough to deserve training with that simulator.

Look, I agree that the majority of the SOT guys are good people but god damn Troy! They are never available to cover us if we have an undercover meet or an arrest. It seems it never meets "the criteria" for SOT, but can't you help us anyway since you have specially trained firearms guys with special weapons and training? Your excuses why you're never available to help out is rubbish.

Wouldn't it have made better sense to push for the POS guys and OIS to get the 5 percent first! Being on call 24/7, 365 days a year without on call pay has to deserving of the 5 percent. What does the region actually benefit from SOT. I say consider doing away with the SOT team and put the manpower and resources back into the working squads. Hell, my squad was down to 2 people and several more were down to 2 or 3 also!

Unregistered
02-03-2018, 06:52 PM
Outside Agencies don't want to work with FDLE anymore, so FDLE needs to make the SOT teams better, even though we'll never use them and/or they wont' be available. It's typical B.S., better get used to it! Certainly this doesn't surprise you?

Unregistered
02-05-2018, 07:14 PM
The important thing? Don't let them (the command staff) know that you notice they are playing favors... they know it's wrong and don't like being called out for it and will go even dirtier to turn the tides against those that point it out.