PDA

View Full Version : PCB - PBA Election Investigation?

Unregistered
10-27-2017, 11:31 PM
Apparently two PBA flunkies (Pablo and Nicki) were caught removing every and anything that they could find at a district station involving other candidates running for office (flyers, posters, business cards, etc.)

They hit mailbox of all ranks, and entered offices, replacing the material with John and Pablo stuff? A fair and partial election tactic being conducted by rats running scared?

Word has it there is video to boot!

This should spice things up?

Unregistered
10-28-2017, 12:22 AM
As a law enforcement officer, my fundamental duty is to serve mankind; to safeguard lives and property, to protect the innocent against deception, the weak against oppression or intimidation, and the peaceful against violence or disorder; and to respect the constitutional rights of all men to liberty, equality, and justice.

I will keep my private life unsullied as an example to all; maintain courageous calm in the face of danger, scorn, or ridicule; develop self-restraint; and be constantly mindful of the welfare of others. Honest in thought and deed in both my personal and official life, I will be exemplary in obeying the laws of the land and the regulations of my Department. Whatever I see or hear of a confidential nature or that is confided to me in my official capacity will be kept ever secret unless revelation is necessary in the performance of my duty.

I will never act officiously or permit personal feelings, prejudices, animosities, or friendships to influence my decisions, With no compromise for crime and with relentless prosecution of criminals, I will enforce the law courteously and appropriately without fear or favor, malice or ill will, never employing unnecessary force or violence and never accepting gratuities.

I recognize the badge of my office as a symbol of public faith, and I accept it as a public trust to be held so long as I am true to the ethics of the police service. I will constantly strive to achieve these objectives and ideals, dedicating myself before God to my chosen profession ... law enforcement.

Unregistered
10-28-2017, 12:47 AM
I hope the media doesn’t find out and link this to his commissioner girlfriend

Unregistered
10-28-2017, 06:53 AM
Apparently two PBA flunkies (Pablo and Nicki) were caught removing every and anything that they could find at a district station involving other candidates running for office (flyers, posters, business cards, etc.)

They hit mailbox of all ranks, and entered offices, replacing the material with John and Pablo stuff? A fair and partial election tactic being conducted by rats running scared?

I really hope this is followed up...is John “team” that desperate...is this how John wants his 25 year Presidency to end? What a disgrace!!

Unregistered
10-28-2017, 12:45 PM

Your information is not accurate. What is factual is that C. NAnney was seen tearing down Rivera's and Lima's flyers at Headquarters and someone call PCB. There is an investigation and they are checking to see if there is video

Unregistered
10-28-2017, 12:51 PM
I really hope this is followed up...is John “team” that desperate...is this how John wants his 25 year Presidency to end? What a disgrace!!

There is only team Steadman (one person) and PBA Team ( hard working dedicated people). The true sign of desperation comes from Team Steadman who has no platform and resorts to putting out untrue negative BS. The PBA is running a positive and successful campaign. Can you say bye bye to Steadman on November 17th?

It will,be cute to see him work for once in his life and no he will not,go,to PIO.

Unregistered
10-28-2017, 02:00 PM
Your information is not accurate. What is factual is that C. NAnney was seen tearing down Rivera's and Lima's flyers at Headquarters and someone call PCB. There is an investigation and they are checking to see if there is video

Lol nice try you guys really want to piss Nanney off more than you already have keep lying on him

Unregistered
10-28-2017, 02:51 PM
Statutes

Florida Statutes Section 812.005 et. seq.

Florida Theft Definition

A person commits theft if they:
knowingly obtains or uses the property of another
with the intent to, either temporarily or permanently: deprive the person of a right to the property or a benefit from the property, OR
appropriates the property to his or her own use or to the use of any person not entitled to use of the property.

Unregistered
10-28-2017, 02:55 PM
There is only team Steadman (one person) and PBA Team ( hard working dedicated people). The true sign of desperation comes from Team Steadman who has no platform and resorts to putting out untrue negative BS. The PBA is running a positive and successful campaign. Can you say bye bye to Steadman on November 17th?

It will,be cute to see him work for once in his life and no he will not,go,to PIO.

Fat John you are such a liar. I know all the members of Team Steadman and trust me it tripled team Fat John. Unlike team Fat John none of them get paid by Steadman quite the opposite, they are using their own money to help the cause. I saw Steadman at my district distributing his flyers and he talked to us
Never once badmouth Fat John,like Fat John does during his pitch to the troops. Yes team Steadman does have a platform: transparency,access to bylaws in the website, change in bylaws to allow more members to run for executive positions, respect board members and allow them to talk durian meetings, eliminate wasteful spending and much more. Also restore the proper representation of the PBA second biggest unit, MDCR. Team Steadman is the future of the PBA. Post all the videos and steal all the campaigns flyers you want, but we the members are ready to give Steadman a chance to lead OUR union.

Unregistered
10-28-2017, 06:01 PM

John you do not work for the county any longer and DON’T have any power to say where he or anyone else for that matter gets assigned...the only power you have is over the people YOU PAY with the PBA dues that you think is now stands for Johns Personal Bank Account.. you sir are no longer respected!

Unregistered
10-28-2017, 06:33 PM
So I’ve read most of these posts and after combing through the messages, social media posts and conversations with all three of candidates, my personal comment on the upcoming election is as follows:

John and Steadman are both long time PBA employees. John and Steadman are guilty of all the ills the PBA has right now, equal blame there. However, the positives belong to John, since he is president. This means that he has the existing clout and influence by default with national PBA presidents, lobbyist, which is what I really care about because that’s what makes policy for us. Steadman cannot challenge him on that. So , if we are keeping one of those two, then it has to be John. Steadman cannot say that he wants CHANGE, because he voted for and is part of what he wants to CHANGE.

If we really want change and a clean break from the same, then we only have the third candidate to look at. Not mentioning his name on purpose, don’t care for him too much. Too much of a right wing for my taste and keeps notes on EVERYTHING.

So, back to the two likely candidates, John and Steadman. In Spanish we say “Más vale un mal conocido, que uno por conoce” translation- the guy you hate, but know, is better then the guy you hate, and don’t know.

Either way you choose to vote, at least vote.

Signed- If this forum was really respected, I would provide my name.

Unregistered
10-28-2017, 07:59 PM
So I’ve read most of these posts and after combing through the messages, social media posts and conversations with all three of candidates, my personal comment on the upcoming election is as follows:

John and Steadman are both long time PBA employees. John and Steadman are guilty of all the ills the PBA has right now, equal blame there. However, the positives belong to John, since he is president. This means that he has the existing clout and influence by default with national PBA presidents, lobbyist, which is what I really care about because that’s what makes policy for us. Steadman cannot challenge him on that. So , if we are keeping one of those two, then it has to be John. Steadman cannot say that he wants CHANGE, because he voted for and is part of what he wants to CHANGE.

If we really want change and a clean break from the same, then we only have the third candidate to look at. Not mentioning his name on purpose, don’t care for him too much. Too much of a right wing for my taste and keeps notes on EVERYTHING.

So, back to the two likely candidates, John and Steadman. In Spanish we say “Más vale un mal conocido, que uno por conoce” translation- the guy you hate, but know, is better then the guy you hate, and don’t know.

Either way you choose to vote, at least vote.

Signed- If this forum was really respected, I would provide my name.
You don't need to add your name, not for me at least. I agree 100% with your comments. Steadman is a good dude, but it stops there. He does not have the political clout nor savvy to run this organization. His platform is to mend fences with a man that is determined to gut this Department. The minute he senses that we are soft, and with Steadman we will definitely lose our edge, he wins and will destroy what's left. I will vote for John and I highly recommend others do the same.

Unregistered
10-28-2017, 08:56 PM
As the by-laws are written now, which the PBA Executive Director should have done to protect the members (who we all thought she represented) instead she wrote them in a way that they benefited John the president only. We are limited to who can run and that has to change. Another change that needs to done is the Executive Director (legal council) needs to be appoint/elected by the Board as well as their compensation, then they will know they work for the ENTIRE Board not just one person.

We need to elect executive board members from a limited pool and new board Of Director so change can happen... John will not allow any changes in the day to day business of the PBA or the organization that would take any power away from him and give it to the board, he has proven that by the disrespect he shows certain members on the board now.

As director positions become available over the next 4 years, which they will just due to retirement, HE then chooses who he wants to put there, how many more retired Board members will he HIRE and control their benefits and pay for VOTES on the board.

John has put the PBA in this situation, as he likes to say “I” “I” “I”, HE has lost major departments that the PBA represented for a long time leave. The board only finds out AFTER the fact and it is too late to help keep them. Everything is a secret! His dictatorship style is no longer effective, Both he and the mayor’s egos are too big to care about the employees. His retirement is set and he collects paychecks from the Florida PBA & DCPBA...so it doesn’t affect his income, yes before you start *****ing, he shouldn’t work
for free but you can’t continue to do NOTHING regarding contract negotiations. The lawyers and staff are too busy campaigning for him to be bothered with negotiations.

Change has to start somewhere or nothing changes.

Unregistered
10-28-2017, 10:19 PM
As the by-laws are written now, which the PBA Executive Director should have done to protect the members (who we all thought she represented) instead she wrote them in a way that they benefited John the president only. We are limited to who can run and that has to change. Another change that needs to done is the Executive Director (legal council) needs to be appoint/elected by the Board as well as their compensation, then they will know they work for the ENTIRE Board not just one person.

We need to elect executive board members from a limited pool and new board Of Director so change can happen... John will not allow any changes in the day to day business of the PBA or the organization that would take any power away from him and give it to the board, he has proven that by the disrespect he shows certain members on the board now.

As director positions become available over the next 4 years, which they will just due to retirement, HE then chooses who he wants to put there, how many more retired Board members will he HIRE and control their benefits and pay for VOTES on the board.

John has put the PBA in this situation, as he likes to say “I” “I” “I”, HE has lost major departments that the PBA represented for a long time leave. The board only finds out AFTER the fact and it is too late to help keep them. Everything is a secret! His dictatorship style is no longer effective, Both he and the mayor’s egos are too big to care about the employees. His retirement is set and he collects paychecks from the Florida PBA & DCPBA...so it doesn’t affect his income, yes before you start *****ing, he shouldn’t work
for free but you can’t continue to do NOTHING regarding contract negotiations. The lawyers and staff are too busy campaigning for him to be bothered with negotiations.

Change has to start somewhere or nothing changes.

I agree with your post, and I would like to add my two cents. I've been around for a long time and I remember when Mike Clifton was the PBA president. He did a so so job, but when he left the presidency he landed a gig in Special Events Section. Why did he get such a cushy job? I believe it was because he didn't rock the boat and he didn't pissed off the command staff or the County administration while he led the PBA. Therefore, we the members didn't get much.

I'm of the believe, that the PBA presidency should be held by a retired LEO. Why? Because he could tell off the command staff and County administration to include the Mayor without fear of reprisal by getting f#cked once he or she leaves the position. With this said, I strongly feel that no other retired person should be hired by the PBA. Those jobs should be given to currently employed LEOs/PBA members, they are the ones with skin in the game. Lastly, all the positions in the PBA should have term limits.

The by-laws do need to be change to allow more candidates. As it is, it limits our possibilities of qualified candidates. These are my two cents.

Unregistered
10-29-2017, 03:17 AM
I agree with your post, and I would like to add my two cents. I've been around for a long time and I remember when Mike Clifton was the PBA president. He did a so so job, but when he left the presidency he landed a gig in Special Events Section. Why did he get such a cushy job? I believe it was because he didn't rock the boat and he didn't pissed off the command staff or the County administration while he led the PBA. Therefore, we the members didn't get much.

I'm of the believe, that the PBA presidency should be held by a retired LEO. Why? Because he could tell off the command staff and County administration to include the Mayor without fear of reprisal by getting f#cked once he or she leaves the position. With this said, I strongly feel that no other retired person should be hired by the PBA. Those jobs should be given to currently employed LEOs/PBA members, they are the ones with skin in the game. Lastly, all the positions in the PBA should have term limits.

The by-laws do need to be change to allow more candidates. As it is, it limits our possibilities of qualified candidates. These are my two cents.

Really? Do you know that when you are a union official you are afforded protection by the law to avoid the retaliation you mentioned? So when does a active member gets the chance to lead? Steadman had been the PBA Vp for 15 years and John had been the president for 25 years. Steadman is tired of the dictatorship and the lack of transparency that is the norm at the PBA. How can your change if your let the same people stay for four more years? Pablo is getting paid 100 K a year when that positive could be fill by an active member for free. John didn’t get s job after he retired because he is still the Florida pBA president. Steadman supports term limits, John doesn’t. Why can you give the VP a chance to be the president? If Steadman fails as president vote him out the next election. Steadman deserves to be president, he had 15 years of training.

Unregistered
10-29-2017, 11:41 AM
Really? Do you know that when you are a union official you are afforded protection by the law to avoid the retaliation you mentioned? So when does a active member gets the chance to lead? Steadman had been the PBA Vp for 15 years and John had been the president for 25 years. Steadman is tired of the dictatorship and the lack of transparency that is the norm at the PBA. How can your change if your let the same people stay for four more years? Pablo is getting paid 100 K a year when that positive could be fill by an active member for free. John didn’t get s job after he retired because he is still the Florida pBA president. Steadman supports term limits, John doesn’t. Why can you give the VP a chance to be the president? If Steadman fails as president vote him out the next election. Steadman deserves to be president, he had 15 years of training.

If you read my post, you will see that I propose term limits for all positions. I also propose that no retiree should hold a position (with the exception of the presidency) and draw a salary from the PBA. I also proposed that the by-laws be changed to have more candidates. Therefore, you and I agree thus far.

As to retaliation, there are many forms of retaliations that can not be proven in court. For example, you live in Broward and you get assigned to South District, you live in Homestead and you get assigned to Intercoastal District. I know, it has happened to me and do you know what the PBA told me when I went to fight it? The PBA told me that I was guaranteed a job in my position not an assignment. This is just on type of retaliation that it is hard to prove and there are many more that can make your life miserable. That is why the PBA president should be a retired LEO, and not a current employee. Why did Mike Clifton get the cushy job once he left the PBA presidency years ago. Why wasn't he sent to a district opposite to where he lived and messed with, it was because he never challenged the Department or the County, and that was reflected in all of our pocketbooks.

Vote your conscious, I will vote mine. Be safe.

Unregistered
10-29-2017, 02:45 PM
The messed up fact is that we have Steadman, John, and the board to thank for this lack of REAL CHANGE candidates. Steadman endorsed and helped pass each of these rules, by-laws we are now complaining about. It was ok for him then, but now it bothers him? Well it bothers ME. Here is what I plan to do. Vote for John because it’s te best chance we have toward having a voice of balls. Attend the meetings and advocate for by-law changes that are needed so in four years we don’t face this same crappy choices. It’s all we have because the Paul guy would spend four years plus trying to learn the job.

Unregistered
10-29-2017, 02:59 PM

I think you are confusing the story. I was piece of crap and pu$$y butt Nanney who,was seen ripping Riveras and Limas stuff off the board at Headquarters. But the dumb $hit doesn't realize that he was filmed.

Unregistered
10-29-2017, 03:02 PM

Not to worry. It won't. John is going to,embarrass Steadman and his merry white boys

Unregistered
10-29-2017, 03:17 PM
I think you are confusing the story. I was piece of crap and pu$$y butt Nanney who,was seen ripping Riveras and Limas stuff off the board at Headquarters. But the dumb $hit doesn't realize that he was filmed.

I bet none of you pussies will say a word to nanney Wednesday night at pba meet. He's been one of few to ask for fair election and made motion so those who would can't cheat with the more than 500 ballots that will go out and be returned to sender check back page of heat newsletter

Unregistered
10-30-2017, 01:32 AM
Not to worry. It won't. John is going to,embarrass Steadman and his merry white boys

It will also be an embarrassment for John... all under his leadership and he did nothing about it...how has he let so many people do NOTHING and not taken responsibility...25 years and he still let it get out of control...

Unregistered
10-30-2017, 10:42 AM
Vote John and his PAID cronies out!

Unregistered
10-31-2017, 12:06 PM
Vote John and his PAID cronies out!

VOTE them out!