PDA

View Full Version : RETIREMENT is GREAT

Retired Deputy
08-15-2017, 08:57 PM
I will be starting my 13th year of retirement in February and it has been
GREAT. I left after 31 years in Law Enforcement.

This is what retirement has been:

1] My pension has went up a little over $28, 000.00 [ that's the 3% a year COLA]. S/S is great...We have lots more $$$$$ than when I was working.
2] The new home I bought when I retired is paid off.
3] We have been on 14 cruises and 2 bus trips.
4] Have a beautiful grand child and 2 more on the way.
5] Have played golf courses in Colorado, Tennessee, Mississippi,
Georgia, West Va, and Florida.
6] Have played over 2500 rounds of golf.
7] My part time job "bowling" has paid me well.

SO hang in there guys........you will get there!

Unregistered
08-16-2017, 12:52 AM

1] My pension has went up a little over $28, 000.00 [ that's the 3% a year COLA]. S/S is great...We have lots more $$$$$ than when I was working.

You are so correct my friend, retirement is awesome...been out 4 years and loving every minute of it.
Keep your head down and just remember there is life after BSO.

Unregistered
08-16-2017, 01:09 AM

I am happy for you and thanks for the encouragement, Enjoy you earned it

Unregistered
08-16-2017, 11:12 PM
Stay healthy my friend and make the county pay for years to come!!

Unregistered
08-17-2017, 12:02 AM

Glad you are now being rewarded for the long hours of aggravation, and birthdays, holidays, and special events missed with your family. May God see to it that you have great health, and many years with your loved ones and friends to enjoy it all, too! I have a few years left, and I'll be burning rubber out of Broward. Thanks for the great news and great encouragement!!

Unregistered
08-17-2017, 12:44 AM
So why do so many go back to wearing a NAME TAG? they have no identity, the baby mama got half, new wife needs a new car, mare babies with the new lady, cant imagine life without carrying a gun, the free gas? I wonder

Unregistered
08-17-2017, 12:55 AM
So why do so many go back to wearing a NAME TAG? they have no identity, the baby mama got half, new wife needs a new car, mare babies with the new lady, cant imagine life without carrying a gun, the free gas? I wonder

Good question, I guess some bad financial decisions, divorce, kids in college etc. Have your own plan and not worry about the next guy/gal. You work hard to get to retiremnet enjoy it and dont look back.

Unregistered
08-17-2017, 03:06 AM

Not sure , ask Argenti in Weston. He might have an answer.

Unregistered
08-17-2017, 02:40 PM

Who says you need a badge to carry a gun?

Unregistered
08-17-2017, 05:53 PM

Congratulations! What region of country did you settle in?

Unregistered
08-17-2017, 08:11 PM

Some of those "lifers" need that badge to get the half price meals at the shitty restaurants. Congrats to those who made the wise choice to actually enjoy the rest of their lives in a more stress free environment.

To the "legacy cops and jailers." They will forget your name five minutes after you leave. You will not save the world and won't make much of a difference. Feel free to work until you die. The FRS will remain financially strong either way.

Unregistered
08-17-2017, 09:11 PM
Some of those "lifers" need that badge to get the half price meals at the shitty restaurants. Congrats to those who made the wise choice to actually enjoy the rest of their lives in a more stress free environment.

To the "legacy cops and jailers." They will forget your name five minutes after you leave. You will not save the world and won't make much of a difference. Feel free to work until you die. The FRS will remain financially strong either way.

Here are a few of those lifer's, feel free to add your own.
D. Argenti
E. Simmons
K. Barone

Unregistered
08-17-2017, 09:21 PM
D. Argenti
E. Simmons
K. Barone

Campbell
****inson
J Williams
Rich Williams
Spicer
Duggan
Tyrie

Unregistered
08-17-2017, 09:34 PM
[QUOTE=Unregistered;2800651]Campbell
****inson
J Williams
Rich Williams
Spicer
Duggan
Tyrie

****inson

Unregistered
08-17-2017, 10:05 PM
O'Brien
Adkins
Tozzi
Manfre

Unregistered
08-18-2017, 12:57 AM
Congratulations! What region of country did you settle in?

I settled down in Hialeah , a nice shack with bars on all the windows and not to far to Port of Miami....

Unregistered
08-18-2017, 08:19 PM
10 out for me from BSO,make more $$$$ now than as Captain with all that non sense I had to deal with ...Life is very good after BSO and you can still carry,just do your HR 218 Qual once a year at the range.....

Unregistered
08-20-2017, 02:02 AM
10 out for me from BSO,make more $$$$ now than as Captain with all that non sense I had to deal with ...Life is very good after BSO and you can still carry,just do your HR 218 Qual once a year at the range.....

I'm so over this place. They can keep the DROP, and I'll take 5 years of sanity instead. Congrats on your successful retirement.

Unregistered
08-20-2017, 04:42 AM
I'm so over this place. They can keep the DROP, and I'll take 5 years of sanity instead. Congrats on your successful retirement.

I hear you... Did about 6 month's of the drop and said enough of this crap. Living the life now, hang in there and get out when you can. Be safe my fellow thin blue line brother's/sister's!

Unregistered
08-20-2017, 09:36 AM
D. Argenti
E. Simmons
K. Barone

E. SIMMONS sends his best regards from: Ireland and Scotland

I got 4 e mailed pics from him since this was writer.

b.t.w. I doubt anyone knows him better thn me, his situation dictated this return to bso if only for a short time.
I just wish anyone of you could be counted on in a john wayne ' bar room ' brawl.

Unregistered
08-20-2017, 01:58 PM

b.t.w. I doubt anyone knows him better thn me, his situation dictated this return to bso if only for a short time.
I just wish anyone of you could be counted on in a john wayne ' bar room ' brawl.

Congratulations on the email pictures. He has a 6 figure pension and he came back to work???
Short time? He has been back working for several years now...really.
I appreciate you defending your friend but come on with some of your B.S.
Great 10-94 for sure.

Unregistered
08-20-2017, 03:32 PM
Congratulations on the email pictures. He has a 6 figure pension and he came back to work???
Short time? He has been back working for several years now...really.
I appreciate you defending your friend but come on with some of your B.S.
Great 10-94 for sure.

Shut up you 5 year azzhole!

Unregistered
08-20-2017, 10:08 PM
Shut up you 5 year azzhole!

Ha Ha, your not even close there buddy...go SAD or better yet go wait by your computer for some more email photo's from your butt buddy E.C.

Unregistered
08-29-2017, 07:48 PM

I would never count on him. He's barely even a good back up as he never answers his radio and spends most of his shift sniffing around the skanks in Terminal 4 that travel on Spirit.