PDA

View Full Version : More Police Cover Up's

Unregistered
08-02-2017, 08:16 AM
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article164743652.html

The seeing the video is disturbing that the off duty cop wasn't arrested. That's why the public demands its officer to wear body cameras 🎥. We don't trust the police to be truthful. Look at your own police chief how he lied about knowing about the hundreds of destroyed Homocide evidence or the missing guns from property.

Police chief changes tune: Former cop who violently punched valet should be arrested

The video couldn't be more clear: A man who parked his car at a Fort Lauderdale resort walks up to the valet and cold-****s him with a hard right to the jaw. The valet, hands still in the pockets of his black shorts, drops like a rock. The man stands over him and touches the unconscious man. Curious onlookers gather.

Turns out the pugilist told the hotel manager he is a former Atlanta-area cop named John Kiernan. And though evidence that some type of assault took place seems overwhelming, Kiernan was not taken into custody or charged with a crime.

Now, almost a week after Ocean Sky Resort & Hotel valet Rodolfo Rodriguez was laid out for several minutes, Fort Lauderdale Police Chief Rick Maglione changed the department’s tune and said Kiernan, who now lives in New Smyrna Beach, should be arrested and prosecuted.

“Generally speaking, the police department does not conduct follow-up investigations on misdemeanor crimes, but did so on this case due to the egregious and unprovoked nature of the attack,” Maglione said in a prepared statement.

The chief’s excuse for the delay: Rodriguez did not have any visible injuries when police saw him Tuesday night and they did not obtain a statement from Rodriguez or see his medical records until Saturday, four days after the vicious punch.

Monday, Maglione said his department’s investigation into the incident was complete and passed along a battery charge to the Broward State Attorney’s Office. Kiernan had not been taken into custody by Tuesday.

The department’s initial reaction to Kiernan’s punch caused an uproar as the video shot through cyberspace.

“First of all, there is no such thing as a complete investigation,” said Miami criminal defense attorney Brian Tannebaum. “They determined at the time they did not have enough evidence to arrest him. And I’m okay with that. But the minute they saw the video they should have arrested the guy. That was the most egregious, unprovoked battery I’ve seen on videotape.”

Maglione said police had the video by Wednesday morning.

Kiernan threw his punch at about 9:30 p.m. on Tuesday night. Staff at the hotel, a large tourist destination on Fort Lauderdale’s Galt Ocean Drive, said they were stunned when police arrived, spoke to Kiernan and others, then let him go.

Rodriguez said Kiernan began yelling over the $18 valet fee and demanded to speak to a manager. Kiernan then told Rodriguez he was going to fight him, the valet recalled, and punched him in the face.

“I don’t remember anything at all after the punch,” Rodriguez said. “I was five minutes on the ground.”

Hotel Manager Nigel Blair said Rodriguez, who had worked at the hotel for about a year, was simply explaining the rules about Kiernan’s parking fee, when the former cop sucker-punched Rodriguez.

“The victim is knocked out on the ground. The ambulance had to take him away. The poor guy is unconscious,” said Blair. “Ten witnesses state what happened and they didn’t have enough to hold this guy?”

Blair said Kiernan was ejected from the hotel after a two-day stay.

“All of the employees right now are very upset,” Blair said. “They're under the impression that someone can just come in and do them harm and nothing can come of it.”

Blair said he received a copy of Maglione’s statement, but is still likely to head down to the state attorney’s office to try and bolster the case.

“I don’t know what else they need to see to see this was a vicious attack,” he said.

On Friday, Rodriguez returned to work with a sore jaw.

Said the hotel manager: “The guy was just doing his job.”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article164743652.html#storylink=cpy

Unregistered
08-02-2017, 09:37 AM
[QUOTE=Unregistered;2793901]http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article164743652.html

“Generally speaking, the police department does not conduct follow-up investigations on misdemeanor crimes, but did so on this case due to the egregious and unprovoked nature of the attack,” Maglione said in a prepared statement.

More like since he is /was a cop he gets prosecuted. Any other civilian and this wouldn't even make it to trial. All men are given fair treatment under the law.... Unless they're cops. Welcome to liberal America.

Unregistered
08-02-2017, 12:18 PM
Danny get a life

Unregistered
08-02-2017, 12:40 PM
[QUOTE=Unregistered;2793901]http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article164743652.html

More like since he is /was a cop he gets prosecuted. Any other civilian and this wouldn't even make it to trial. All men are given fair treatment under the law.... Unless they're cops. Welcome to liberal America.

Mr Ortiz get over it. 10 witness, a video amd a victim unconscious. If that would had been anyone else they would had been immediately arrested on the spot. No follow up investigations needed. I would like to see the police body camera video to see and hear the statements and find the officers guilty of covering up and neglecting their duty.
Wait that doesn't happen in your police department.

Unregistered
08-02-2017, 01:04 PM
It sucks to be turned down or fail a police entrance exam. It ruins you forever. It brings such hate in your heart.

Unregistered
08-02-2017, 02:19 PM
It sucks to be turned down or fail a police entrance exam. It ruins you forever. It brings such hate in your heart.

No Javi problem is people like you do stupid shiiiiit and the community thinks we are all the same. Get out of the social media your not nick and people sure don't like your racist asssss.

Unregistered
08-02-2017, 03:03 PM
Boy Danny what sucks more have less than 350 followers on twitter, being at the bottom of the fund raising ladder with less than $500.00 or just being a snowflake, cop hating, queen that cleans bed pans. Guess you and your life just suck.

Unregistered
08-02-2017, 04:40 PM
Boy Danny what sucks more have less than 350 followers on twitter, being at the bottom of the fund raising ladder with less than $500.00 or just being a snowflake, cop hating, queen that cleans bed pans. Guess you and your life just suck.

Javi how about you spend your time and energy getting my money back. Your stupid childish fight with some kid is pathetic. Money now!

Unregistered
08-02-2017, 05:05 PM
Javi how about you spend your time and energy getting my money back. Your stupid childish fight with some kid is pathetic. Money now!

Worry about getting your money back yes, but there are lots of other issue out there that may take that money you get tomorrow away and even much more of it. People like nurse Danny, the idiots at CIP and the up coming increase in property tax savings from $50,000.00 to $75,000.00 may very well take a bigger cut from your future checks. Take off the blinders and see the whole forest not the one tree in front of you.

Unregistered
08-02-2017, 08:08 PM
Worry about getting your money back yes, but there are lots of other issue out there that may take that money you get tomorrow away and even much more of it. People like nurse Danny, the idiots at CIP and the up coming increase in property tax savings from $50,000.00 to $75,000.00 may very well take a bigger cut from your future checks. Take off the blinders and see the whole forest not the one tree in front of you.

You definitely do not work here, CIP and danny are talked about like useless items we are told to not even worry about. But you come here and tell me to take off my blinders? Blow me. Union is telling us to not worry about them, then who are you to tell me to. Get out of here. I want my money already, the only one I see ****ing it up is the comemierda who loves social media more than the US prez.

Unregistered
08-02-2017, 10:50 PM
You definitely do not work here, CIP and danny are talked about like useless items we are told to not even worry about. But you come here and tell me to take off my blinders? Blow me. Union is telling us to not worry about them, then who are you to tell me to. Get out of here. I want my money already, the only one I see ****ing it up is the comemierda who loves social media more than the US prez.

You know what pal when they stick it up your azz and break it off I am sure you will be back on here crying like the little whining hairless ***** cat you really are. Maybe you will be one they lay off yes kid laud off it has happened in the past. Maybe better yet they will declare bankruptcy the right way and really screw you over and take it away.

Unregistered
08-02-2017, 10:53 PM
Children Ortiz needs the drama, leave him alone. He's need's to weekly argue with someone so he feel he has a meaning to his life. All this is, is a smoke screen trying to throw us off our money or actual problem we as a force face. I'm pretty sure nothing is going to be done till Ortiz, get his captain bars. If Ortiz, was the great president he claims to be. When at first it was said no step raises, he should of looked at the accounting or have someone do it. I remember soon after this crap started the Mayor claim we have close to 300M in reserve. The union will settle for a faction of what's owed, cause it would be beneficial to city hall and staff.

Unregistered
08-04-2017, 01:56 PM
Clearly there was enough for an arrest of the out of town police officer for battery on the Valet - it was a warrantless Misdemeanor - the officers did not have to witness the offense to make the arrest and there were certainly enough witnesses and evidence to make the arrest - imagine if the valet would have died after his head struck the pavement!! We take an oath to protect victims not to cover up someone who should have never been allowed to wear a badge - if we want the trust of the public we have to honor our oath of office - we serve the public not the other way around!!!!

This police officer was really a thug - he sucker punched the valet -if he wanted a fair fight he would have given the valet a chance to fight or run at least - yes we should protect our own but we can't protect a criminal!!!!!!!!!

Unregistered
08-04-2017, 02:03 PM
Clearly there was enough for an arrest of the out of town police officer for battery on the Valet - it was a warrantless Misdemeanor - the officers did not have to witness the offense to make the arrest and there were certainly enough witnesses and evidence to make the arrest - imagine if the valet would have died after his head struck the pavement!! We take an oath to protect victims not to cover up someone who should have never been allowed to wear a badge - if we want the trust of the public we have to honor our oath of office - we serve the public not the other way around!!!!

This police officer was really a thug - he sucker punched the valet -if he wanted a fair fight he would have given the valet a chance to fight or run at least - yes we should protect our own but we can't protect a criminal!!!!!!!!!it didn't take long for the fish to take the bait from the other post

Unregistered
08-04-2017, 02:53 PM

This police officer was really a thug - he sucker punched the valet -if he wanted a fair fight he would have given the valet a chance to fight or run at least - yes we should protect our own but we can't protect a criminal!!!!!!!!!

Calm down bed pan Danny you will blow out your enema line

Unregistered
08-04-2017, 04:29 PM
Calm down bed pan Danny you will blow out your enema line

Try again croqueta