PDA

View Full Version : Courthouse Detail

Unregistered
07-14-2017, 02:40 PM
How come there are soo many vacancies for this detail ?? Deputies have been giving it back.

Unregistered
07-15-2017, 04:36 PM
More boring than dancing with a sister

Unregistered
07-15-2017, 05:21 PM
More boring than dancing with a sister

It's not that bad, it only sucks when you have to go rescue a courthouse worker who locks herself in a cell. I sleep most of the detail away until somebody does something dumb and makes me get up and work.

Unregistered
07-16-2017, 04:32 AM
How come there are soo many vacancies for this detail ?? Deputies have been giving it back.

Not $57 an hour anymore. Traffic sucks, parking sucks and so boring!

Unregistered
07-16-2017, 01:38 PM
Not $57 an hour anymore. Traffic sucks, parking sucks and so boring!

I heard it is being raised to bar rate detail because they can't fill the positions. It is still a lot cheaper than hiring a new deputy. There have been other details that were raised because nobody would take it.

Unregistered
07-17-2017, 03:56 PM
I heard it is being raised to bar rate detail because they can't fill the positions. It is still a lot cheaper than hiring a new deputy. There have been other details that were raised because nobody would take it.

Its true, just spoke with one of our "detail whores" and he said its going up. They cant fill the positions at normal rate and the county is leaving the courthouse vulnerable again!! Can you imagine if another problem happens there being soo understaffed?

Unregistered
07-17-2017, 05:09 PM
Its true, just spoke with one of our "detail whores" and he said its going up. They cant fill the positions at normal rate and the county is leaving the courthouse vulnerable again!! Can you imagine if another problem happens there being soo understaffed?

Everywhere is short. This is fast approaching officer and public safety. The Sheriff and his Administration needs to take an hard honest look at themselves as why we are short staff. I believe they failed to see and address what we all knew was comming 5 years ago. Then you add mediocre pay increase along with poor policies (ie. Body cameras, PAT, non- use of force). Then you add a HR department that drags their feet hiring people, while other departments grab the same applicants. It will take years to get back to full staff. Good luck getting time off when you need it. Put those slips in now. The Storm is fast approaching and I can feel the first raindrops now.

The Pied Piper

Unregistered
07-17-2017, 06:00 PM
Everywhere is short. This is fast approaching officer and public safety. The Sheriff and his Administration needs to take an hard honest look at themselves as why we are short staff. I believe they failed to see and address what we all knew was comming 5 years ago. Then you add mediocre pay increase along with poor policies (ie. Body cameras, PAT, non- use of force). Then you add a HR department that drags their feet hiring people, while other departments grab the same applicants. It will take years to get back to full staff. Good luck getting time off when you need it. Put those slips in now. The Storm is fast approaching and I can feel the first raindrops now.

The Pied Piper

Though stated somewhat mellow dramatic, all very true, though it seems they picked up the hiring as of late. The next contract needs to be a significant improvement or we will end up just being a feeder agency to everyone else which ends up being more costly in the long run. Only time will tell what route management will take.

Unregistered
07-17-2017, 08:33 PM

The detail needs to be raised ASAP! I'm surprised I haven't seen an email from Jennifer stating the courthouse detail rate increase. How long will it go under staffed before it's increased?? Increase the rate and all slots will be covered.

Unregistered
07-19-2017, 01:59 PM

Any update?

Unregistered
07-19-2017, 06:01 PM
Updates...dont hold ur breath...

Unregistered
07-24-2017, 05:08 PM
The detail needs to be raised ASAP! I'm surprised I haven't seen an email from Jennifer stating the courthouse detail rate increase. How long will it go under staffed before it's increased?? Increase the rate and all slots will be covered.

I'm giving my perm back to detail office today.