PDA

View Full Version : waiting on call back

Unregistered
03-15-2017, 05:10 PM
Today is Wednesday the 15th, the academy starts on the 29th, and orientation is next week on the 22nd. I've been through the entire process and am just waiting on the green light or denial to know what to tell my current employer. I have less than two weeks now to train someone in my spot, and am about to lose a ton of leave and sick time. Just wanted to know if anyone else had been hired and I'm not being notified of denial.

Unregistered
03-15-2017, 06:58 PM
Today is Wednesday the 15th, the academy starts on the 29th, and orientation is next week on the 22nd. I've been through the entire process and am just waiting on the green light or denial to know what to tell my current employer. I have less than two weeks now to train someone in my spot, and am about to lose a ton of leave and sick time. Just wanted to know if anyone else had been hired and I'm not being notified of denial.

Where are you in the process?

Unregistered
03-15-2017, 09:26 PM
I spoke with Human Resources today and they said that they are aiming to put people in for the academy that starts on April 11th....I looked and I don't see an academy that starts in April?

Unregistered
03-16-2017, 12:06 PM
Where are you in the process?

I'm just waiting on hr to give me a start date or denial. I didn't even know they had an academy in broward college starting on April 11th. I emailed hr yesterday because I noticed that they re-advertised the cadet position, so I asked if I should reapply and they stated, no, because my application was active and still being processed not to worry. So if anyone hears anything post in on here please.

Thanks guys and good luck.

Unregistered
03-16-2017, 05:52 PM
I am in the same boat..do you think maybe if selected they will send people to another academy like mdpd or miami police college?

Unregistered
03-16-2017, 07:51 PM
I am in the same boat..do you think maybe if selected they will send people to another academy like mdpd or miami police college?

I live in homestead so I would appreciate the shorter commute, but as far as I'm aware mgpd sends their cadets to browsed. This last Miami Dade academy had 6 people fail the state certification, so i would rather go somewhere more structured like broward. I did here the Miami pd academy is pretty good though. Honestly I don't care when or where I just want that phone call so I can get over this anxiety. Lol.

Unregistered
03-16-2017, 08:25 PM
During the interview they did specify that they were trying to hire 5 Cadets for the academy starting March 29, but it seems a little close.

Unregistered
03-16-2017, 08:26 PM
Have any of you heard from a BI?

Unregistered
03-16-2017, 09:29 PM
Have any of you heard from a BI?

Negative, have you?