PDA

View Full Version : Heres my answer to prospective candidates

Unregistered
02-11-2017, 12:46 AM
1. What qualifies you to head a county law enforcement agency, beyond the ability to harness enough votes?

F the voters, this is about the rank and file whose careers are influenced by the ignorant public votes in, and then that “flavor” influences people who actually consider this “job”, a career.

The whole “change” “integrity” and other campaign PR bullshit, you can save. You saw what Marco Rubio went through during the campaign. Welcome to it. It was positively a growth experience for Marco, and yours wont be any different. Maybe youll come away better for it, or your might fade like a snowflake. I don’t care. I do care what your abilities are.

Heres a good analogy you are probably familiar with. The glass of water analogy.

The optimist looks at the glass of water and says “its half full”. The pessimist says “the glass is half full”. The pessimist says “the glass is half empty”. While those two debate, my version has the “opportunist” who drinks the glass of water.

Who are you? Frankly, your resume is thin. On paper, you are a novice graduate of a law enforcement academy.

That’s fine, everyone starts somewhere. But how do you intend to bridge the gap from where you are now, to what you presumably (still?) want to be?

Lets not mince words. No one is deaf or blind in Hendry County, just frustratingly dumb at times. But its no secret what Executive Order 16-224 issued by Governor Rick Scott and what that’s about;

(For the less informed go here, youll find a copy of it):
http://whiddenslies.weebly.com/wink-newsfdle-case.html

Consensus is its going to leave a void, eventually.

This is not a bashing the Sherriff, “he going to get what he deserves”. I think the whole spectacle, is sickening. I wont even touch that here. Its irrelevant. I hope it goes well for all concerned

What is relevant , someone is going to be an interim appointee and a special election will be held. If you don’t already now, turnout at these type of elections is fractional, to that of a general election. If you haven’t figured out, people are lazy and find voting inconvenient, unless its for government handouts, which is a separate matter.

Todays chat is about, if you somehow are in the position to run again, will you, and what qualifies you to do so?

Warmly, with all cliché closings.