PDA

View Full Version : Hiring process

Unregistered
12-06-2016, 03:39 AM
I'm certified, experienced and moving to polk county in a few months. I'm considering applying in the area and have been looking at your department.

I've read through all of your recent threads. Holy sh*t! Is it that bad? Would I be wasting my time applying?

How long does the process usually take?

How long is FTO?

Is there any over time?

Does the department accept part time or reserve as well?

Thanks for any info!! Stay safe.

Unregistered
12-06-2016, 10:54 AM
I'm certified, experienced and moving to polk county in a few months. I'm considering applying in the area and have been looking at your department.

I've read through all of your recent threads. Holy sh*t! Is it that bad? Would I be wasting my time applying?

How long is FTO?

Is there any over time?

Q1: yes
Q2: yes
Q3: depends on the attention span of the chief
Q4: 14-16 weeks
Q5: yes. (You're going to need it to survive)
Q6: yes there is a reserve unit.

Unregistered
12-06-2016, 12:28 PM

How long is FTO?

Is there any over time?

As much as I would like to have an experienced backup for once, I would not recommend this place to my worse enemy. You will need to get on food stamps to work here for one and then be willing to work with poor management who more about cooking hamburgers for the community then stopping crime.

March 1-2-3-4
12-09-2016, 12:47 AM
Been here quit some time and the turnover rate here is ridiculous not to mention the poor standards that the men in charge hold for our department ....you will never see vacation days , we are always short staffed ...most of our patrol are rookies ...none of which I would trust with my life ....there is more drama here than an over crowded middle school...shady officers that abuse their power and prey on children and wrongfully arrest people to avoid being reprimanded to help there buddies out ....your best bet is dispatch being that I'm almost certain they make more money for less work....food stamps are a very real idea as you can barely afford to live on the great salary they offer...Trust? What's that ? Don't really think anyone here knows what that is along with the meaning of respect ...not to mention the "men" they hire treat women like shit and half of them should be fired for the statments made to fellow co-workers. You can't trust anyone to be nice to your face because all they will do is talk shit as soon as You leave. You may get one good squad half of the time the others just want to whine and ***** about EVERYTHING! But by all means it's your life do as you wish I for one am thankful to get the hell out of dodge before it's to late . bring your big boy shorts and hopefully your thick skinned your gonna need it!. Best of luck. And a bottle of Xanax and maybe some wine your gonna need it !

Unregistered
12-09-2016, 01:55 AM
Been here quit some time and the turnover rate here is ridiculous not to mention the poor standards that the men in charge hold for our department ....you will never see vacation days , we are always short staffed ...most of our patrol are rookies ...none of which I would trust with my life ....there is more drama here than an over crowded middle school...shady officers that abuse their power and prey on children and wrongfully arrest people to avoid being reprimanded to help there buddies out ....your best bet is dispatch being that I'm almost certain they make more money for less work....food stamps are a very real idea as you can barely afford to live on the great salary they offer...Trust? What's that ? Don't really think anyone here knows what that is along with the meaning of respect ...not to mention the "men" they hire treat women like shit and half of them should be fired for the statments made to fellow co-workers. You can't trust anyone to be nice to your face because all they will do is talk shit as soon as You leave. You may get one good squad half of the time the others just want to whine and ***** about EVERYTHING! But by all means it's your life do as you wish I for one am thankful to get the hell out of dodge before it's to late . bring your big boy shorts and hopefully your thick skinned your gonna need it!. Best of luck. And a bottle of Xanax and maybe some wine your gonna need it !

I can't decide if this is drunk a$$ Nikki W again or TS, thoughts?!?!? I'm leaning hard toward NW.

Now?
12-15-2016, 11:27 AM
Maybe its you missing people. Im sure TS doesnt read or post on leo affairs. Im sure NW doesnt know most of the people at BPD or keep up with BPD. And if you are so worried why dont you just ask one of them?
Also is there not a statute for posting a law enforcement officers first and last name on social media? You are definitely from Bartow. Because NW is now a deputy.

Im going to go with it being you posting and replying to yourself. Take your washed up drunk has been self and find something better to do.

Nobody of any importance cares about Bartow. If anything smart people feel sorry for any officer at BPD that have to protect such "special" people and get treated so bad. And I do mean special.

Jealous much?
12-15-2016, 12:27 PM
I think you are a male that couldnt have TS and stuck with a wife that could care a less about your made up war stories or an ugly jealous female that nobody shows any attention to. TS will have her pension in a few years. Maybe by then you might look attractive enough to get some attention. But you will still be an underpaid ugly leo affairs posting female that cannot get a job anywhere else. Im sure when TS is gone you will start cyber bullying another good looking BPD cop.
Try cleaning yourself up a little bit and work on yourself instead of trying to tear others down.

Mirror Mirror
12-15-2016, 12:53 PM
I can't decide if this is drunk a$$ Nikki W again or TS, thoughts?!?!? I'm leaning hard toward NW.

Heres a riddle for you:

Good looking female cop calls in sick post on FB partying it up ------ consequence---- nothing

Ugly female cop calls in sick post on FB partying it up ------ consequence -----written up.

Sucks to be ugly and jealous!

Unregistered
12-15-2016, 04:58 PM
Heres a riddle for you:

Good looking female cop calls in sick post on FB partying it up ------ consequence---- nothing

Ugly female cop calls in sick post on FB partying it up ------ consequence -----written up.

Sucks to be ugly and jealous!

Can someone tell me who the GOOD LOOKING female officer at BPD is. Because if your talking about TS, you must be drunk my friend. There's nothing pretty about her.

Yep
12-16-2016, 11:26 AM
Can someone tell me who the GOOD LOOKING female officer at BPD is. Because if your talking about TS, you must be drunk my friend. There's nothing pretty about her.

Says the idiot that couldnt have her.

Unregistered
12-16-2016, 06:36 PM
Says the idiot that couldnt have her.

LMAO no body wants her except AA or her Sgt.

Unregistered
12-16-2016, 07:01 PM
I think you are a male that couldnt have TS and stuck with a wife that could care a less about your made up war stories or an ugly jealous female that nobody shows any attention to. TS will have her pension in a few years. Maybe by then you might look attractive enough to get some attention. But you will still be an underpaid ugly leo affairs posting female that cannot get a job anywhere else. Im sure when TS is gone you will start cyber bullying another good looking BPD cop.
Try cleaning yourself up a little bit and work on yourself instead of trying to tear others down.

Damn, TS is calling people out! Why do you even feel that the attention you bring upon yourself has anything to do with appearance? I wonder if you've already printed out this thread and ran to your imaginary lawyer yet. I see you're still considering urself a good looking "cop". Newsflash: youre not a real cop. I've cleaned up cases behind you more times than I can remember. And if you've lived your entire career in constant deceit (when you actually show up) and can't bring yourself to admit your faults and mistakes, you're the ugly one. Keep it real.

Unregistered
12-16-2016, 11:24 PM
Good looking cop? Oh you mean the fake b--bs to match that fake personality

Unregistered
12-17-2016, 01:34 PM

Not nice, you guys made her call in sick yesterday.

Unregistered
12-18-2016, 06:43 PM

Whats wrong with that? You dont get them to say aww they are natural.
I would say go get some but off of BP pay you cant afford to.

Of course they wouldnt help you anyway. You cant fix your ugly inside or outside.

Unregistered
12-20-2016, 05:11 PM
Whats wrong with that? You dont get them to say aww they are natural.
I would say go get some but off of BP pay you cant afford to.

Of course they wouldnt help you anyway. You cant fix your ugly inside or outside.

U must mean TS with that last sentence because she's both. As a male, there's nothing about her that excites me. And if she's all that then why is she still single, oh oh I know why because she's the last sentence you stated.

Unregistered
12-21-2016, 06:29 AM
Do BPD hire recruits that are currently in the LE academy?

Unregistered
12-21-2016, 01:20 PM
U must mean TS with that last sentence because she's both. As a male, there's nothing about her that excites me. And if she's all that then why is she still single, oh oh I know why because she's the last sentence you stated.

There are plenty of good looking people that are single. Some stupid ass on here with their forest gump detective skills is the one that keeps bringing her up.

Is It TS, is it NW, no wait its Suzie. Grow the F up.

I am certain its a fat ugly ass female with a bipolar disorder that keeps crying over crap on here. When I hit close to home then its STFU'!

Unregistered
12-21-2016, 01:21 PM

Check the PAY!!!!!

Unregistered
04-25-2017, 02:32 AM
I wish all potential new hires would be introduced to this site so they can see how their fellow officers treat one another. Horrible. Run from this agency.

Unregistered
04-30-2017, 03:45 AM

New recruit makes two weeks. THis the second one we have lost in two wessk or less. Wow".

Unregistered
04-30-2017, 07:50 PM
Hurry up and plug then holes!

Unregistered
05-01-2017, 02:14 AM
New recruit makes two weeks. THis the second one we have lost in two wessk or less. Wow".

Who has left now