PDA

View Full Version : Rick Scott 2017 Proposed 5% Raise

Unregistered
12-01-2016, 10:12 PM
Rick Scott just proposed a 5% raise for FHP. With a starting salary of 33,977 a year. A 5% raise on that salary is an extra $32.67 a week. That equates to an extra $1,698.84 a year for that salary. Which would only cost the state $11.7 Million for a budget that currently stands at $82.3 Billion. This state is truly a joke. Enjoy your pay raise guys.

Unregistered
12-01-2016, 10:26 PM
"Our troopers work tirelessly to patrol Florida's roadways and respond to the needs of the tens of millions of motorists that travel our roads each year," Florida Highway Patrol Colonel Gene Spaulding said. "The continued support of Gov. Scott is keeping our roads and communities safe."

Unregistered
12-01-2016, 10:30 PM
Rick Scott just proposed a 5% raise for FHP. With a starting salary of 33,977 a year. A 5% raise on that salary is an extra $32.67 a week. That equates to an extra $1,698.84 a year for that salary. Which would only cost the state $11.7 Million for a budget that currently stands at $82.3 Billion. This state is truly a joke. Enjoy your pay raise guys.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2016/12/01/scott-proposes-pay-raise-for-fhp-wildlife-officers/

In a statement from his office, Scott said the state’s nearly 4,000 sworn law-enforcement officers deserve the pay raise for their work in the past year, which included responding to two hurricanes and responding to the Pulse Nightclub shootings this summer.

Also:

Scott said Thursday that the officers deserve more money, citing their efforts at the Pulse nightclub massacre in Orlando

How does Pulse have anything to do with justifying a raise for state law enforcement officers? There weren't any there! FDLE got there the next day to do the OIS investigation on OPD. That's the extent of State Law Enforcement's response to the event.

Unregistered
12-01-2016, 10:41 PM
Just wait until you retire from the patrol. The thank you that you receive from the state is a big fat bill. After risking your life for 25+ years, the state charges you over $1,500.00 a month to keep your health insurance. Do the math boys and girls. You can forget about retirement, because you'll have no choice but to find another job just to pay for your health insurance.

Unregistered
12-01-2016, 10:49 PM
You have better odds of winning the Poweball lottery than you have of getting a pay from this state.

Unregistered
12-01-2016, 11:02 PM
What do you expect from this state. They made it against the law for you to even go on strike. So basically you're fighting with your hands tied behind your back. You also have a bargaining unit that's afraid of it's own shadow, and a majority of the time it allows the state to take more away than it gives back.

Unregistered
12-01-2016, 11:08 PM
I can tell you who doesn't have to pay for health insurance after they retire. The colonel of the Florida Highway Patrol. Not only does he get to keep his six figure salary, but he also has free health insurance for the rest of his life.

Unregistered
12-01-2016, 11:13 PM
It looks like PBA is already trying to take credit for the recommendation. What a joke...

Unregistered
12-01-2016, 11:34 PM
"On behalf of the more than 1,900 sworn members of the Florida Highway Patrol, I applaud Gov. Scott for his steadfast dedication to our state's law enforcement and proposal for a pay raise for our sworn members, "Col. Gene Spaulding, director of the Florida Highway Patrol, said in a statement.

Unregistered
12-01-2016, 11:45 PM
January of 2015 Oklahoma Highway Patrol got an across the board pay hike for the first time in 7 years. From $33,000.00 to a starting pay of $41,000.00.

Unregistered
12-01-2016, 11:50 PM
January of 2015 Oklahoma Highway Patrol got an across the board pay hike for the first time in 7 years. From $33,000.00 to a starting pay of $41,000.00.

Compare the cost of living of Oklahoma to some of the metropolitan areas of Florida like Miami Dade and Broward... 208 is required!

Unregistered
12-01-2016, 11:56 PM
Texas Highway Patrol Salary

Trooper-Trainee
(During recruit school training at DPS Academy): $55,481.00

Probationary Trooper
(Upon being Commissioned): $60,613.00

Trooper I
(After successful completion of a 12 month field training probation period): $73,208.00

Trooper II
(4 years of service): $89,264.00

Trooper III
(8 years of service): $95,619.00

Trooper IV
(12 years of service): $99,843.00

Trooper V
(16 years of service): $104,456.00

Trooper VI
(20 years of service): $107,038.00

Unregistered
12-02-2016, 12:11 AM
September 2016 - Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal proposed a 20 percent pay hike for state law enforcement officers. The governor's plan would cost nearly $79 million to hike the median salary of roughly 3,300 state law enforcement officers by an average of $8,000.00. Going from $38,685 a year to $42,422 before the 6 percent increase earlier this year.

This will move GHP troopers up from 6th highest paid in the Southeast to 3rd behind Louisiana and Texas. After the pay raise takes effect, GHP will have gone from 40th nationally in terms of base salary to 24th.

Unregistered
12-02-2016, 12:22 AM
All this "5%" means is that our health insurance will probably go up

Unregistered
12-02-2016, 12:24 AM
Yet the state used the budget surplus to cut taxes by more than $400 million last year.

Unregistered
12-02-2016, 12:27 AM
We should all say thank you by taking a sick day

Unregistered
12-02-2016, 12:35 AM
FHP asked for $39 million more in 2016. One of its top priorities was to replace pursuit vehicles for an agency that doesn't even pursue. They would use $9 million out of that $39 million. The 5% raise increase will only cost the state $11.7 million to give Florida state law enforcement agencies that increase. That would include FHP, FDLE, FWC, the lottery commission etc.

Unregistered
12-02-2016, 12:49 AM
FHP asked for $39 million more in 2016. One of its top priorities was to replace pursuit vehicles for an agency that doesn't even pursue. They would use $9 million out of that $39 million. The 5% raise increase will only cost the state $11.7 million to give Florida state law enforcement agencies that increase. That would include FHP, FDLE, FWC, the lottery commission etc.

Send a message. Don't vote Republican. I can careless on what happens. Over twenty years under this rule. If there is no fear of losing this state for the GOP. Then nothing will change. It's not just the governor that can help troopers. There is legislators also and a message can be sent.

Unregistered
12-02-2016, 12:52 AM
APPLY NOW
Florida Higway Patrol

Benefits:

.Paid training: Recruits compensated $2,514.88 per month.

.Competative Starting Salary: $33,977.04 annually ($38,976.84 in Broward, Miami-Dade, Monroe, Palm Beach, Collier and LEE Counties).

Equipment: The Florida Highway Patrol provides all equipment required, including weapons. LOL - including weapons

Uniforms and Dry-cleaning Allowance: All uniforms are supplied. Each trooper receives $500,00 annually for dry cleaning expenses. That's $41.66 a month to dry clean your uniforms.

Retirement Benefits: Troopers become vested in the Florida Retirement System (FRS) after six years. FRS is a contributory system, which means you pay toward your retirement out of your $33,977.04 annual salary.

Unregistered
12-02-2016, 12:59 AM
https://www.flsenate.gov/reference/publicrecords/salaries

Unregistered
12-02-2016, 01:15 AM
https://www.flsenate.gov/reference/publicrecords/salaries

Senators are part-time workers. I don't make $34,000 for three months of work. The rest is State of Florida employees. Attorneys making 40,000 a year, good luck on paying back that loan. The State of Florida is the four riches state in the union and with the three lagers population but the State legislation thinks we make enough. Wake up and vote them all out. You never will because the Republican party owns this state. So stop complaining.

Unregistered
12-02-2016, 01:16 AM

And because of that raise, the agency is now telling troopers to drive no more than 100 miles a shift, limiting spending, and leaving unfilled positions vacant. Not all that glitters is gold ...

Unregistered
12-02-2016, 01:19 AM
August 11, 2016 Miami Harold

South Miami cops reject 6.2 percent raise - says not enough money

The decision was made after members of the South Miami Police Department, represented by the Police Benevolent Association (PBA), ended months of talks. One officer involved in the negotiations said they would turn down a 40 percent raise if it were offered - because this negotiation was all about the fight."

Sure wish PBA represented us that way.

Unregistered
12-02-2016, 02:19 PM
I take the raise. But I'm afraid we have more serious problems than 5%. This is just an extra life saver in the Titanic. It will not stop people from leaving FHP, maybe a 15% or the 8k a year that they were talking about would have a positive effect. This is just a bandaid on a dying cancer patient.

Unregistered
12-02-2016, 03:02 PM
http://www.lrc.ky.gov/statutes/statute.aspx?id=45276

KY State Police pay scale written into law.

Unregistered
12-02-2016, 10:18 PM
Thank you Republic and run legislation and Governor we couldn't ask for anything more.

http://m.onenewspage.us/video/20161201/6166504/Gov-Scott-calls-for-percent-raise-for.htm.

Unregistered
12-02-2016, 11:05 PM
If it gets approved, when would the pay raise be effective??

Unregistered
12-02-2016, 11:57 PM
You wouldn't see the increase until June or July of 2017

Unregistered
12-03-2016, 12:18 AM
Just be smart guys and add the raise to your deferred comp, ira or other investment account. It's not much but at least it keeps adding to your retirement.

Unregistered
12-03-2016, 12:24 AM
Just be smart guys and add the raise to your deferred comp, ira or other investment account. It's not much but at least it keeps adding to your retirement.

Yes! You are still just above poverty. That way you can wait till you are eligible for EBT card. The good life is comming boys. Keep them ever four year 5% raises coming.

Unregistered
12-03-2016, 05:52 AM
And because of that raise, the agency is now telling troopers to drive no more than 100 miles a shift, limiting spending, and leaving unfilled positions vacant. Not all that glitters is gold ...

Oh well! That's on the freaking state. If they don't want me to drive a 100 miles I can care less. Why would I care if they don't. Yet they can give themselves pay raises without have to answer to anyone. Get out here with that mess, and stop running around with your tail between you legs. It's ok to stand up for yourself.

Unregistered
12-03-2016, 05:55 AM
This proposed 5% raise will allow us to be competitive with other agencies. Did I hear that correctly

Unregistered
12-03-2016, 06:11 AM
I assumed you guys made a minimum of at least $50k, and maxed out at about 85-100k. I was shocked when I looked up your salary after reading a news article about your new raise. You have to step out the house everyday for work with a firearm attached to your hip, and you're not even making 34k. I really have respect for you guys, because I couldn't do it. Especially with the target that had been placed on police personnel as of late. I'm grateful for everyone who goes out everyday to protect people like me and my family. Thank you!

Unregistered
12-03-2016, 06:16 AM
This raise will truly help fix morale

Unregistered
12-03-2016, 06:31 AM
FHP is in for a rude awakening because these new troopers don't have the patience to wait around and hope. I feel will start losing more positions than will gain in the next few months. This agency and this state has just pissed off a lot of troopers. Not even PBA will be able to fix this with their - we will get it next year speech.

Unregistered
12-03-2016, 06:37 AM
What have any you received for your loyalty? This state continues to tell you your worth, and yet you continue to place yourself in harms way. Wake up!

Unregistered
12-03-2016, 06:52 AM
We live in the south genius so get back to work and stop complaining to the master

Unregistered
12-03-2016, 07:01 AM
We live in the south genius so get back to work and stop complaining to the master

Your right! Until we stand up we're all slaves of the system. Max output and productivity, and a penny wage from each dollar you work for. They keep 99 cents and you get a whooping 1 cent for yourself.

Unregistered
12-03-2016, 08:05 AM
Lets say a all troopers average a 1000 tickets a year at $116 per ticket (a low ball figure). That would be $116,000 per trooper earned. Take that $116k and multiply it by the 2,500 troopers that work for the state. That would give you $290,000,000 ($290 million).

1000/12 = 83.33 tickets a month per trooper

Now that's about 5 tickets a day per trooper

Now - $166,000.00 - $33,997.04 (your wage) = $82,002.96 (money left over)

$82,002.96 X 2,500 (troopers) = $205,007,400 million (profit)

$33,997.04 X 2,500 = $84,992,600 paid out to troopers from the $290 million

Again this is a low ball figure. You guys actually generate a lot more than the above figure. Yet your salary doesn't even take up half of that amount which would equate to $145,000,000 million

Now if $58,000.00 was the base salary per trooper that would add up to the $145 million while still leaving $145 million left over.

In all honesty the profit margin could range from $410,014,800 million - $615,022,200 million when start to look at amount of tickets FHP generates yearly.

It's actually mind blowing, because if FHP was a self sufficient agency. Believe it or not no other agency it the state would be able to generate at the level it does.

Apparently this was some of the same figures that TDPS ( Texas Department of Public Safety) used in order to get their raise. Now a 20 year trooper is maxing out a base salary of over $107,000k.

Unregistered
12-03-2016, 12:00 PM
Thank you Republic and run legislation and Governor we couldn't ask for anything more.

http://m.onenewspage.us/video/20161201/6166504/Gov-Scott-calls-for-percent-raise-for.htm.

http://m.mynews13.com/content/mobile/news/cfnews13/news/article.touch.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2016/11/28/fl_house_speaker_rev.html

Unregistered
12-03-2016, 12:09 PM
http://m.mynews13.com/content/mobile/news/cfnews13/news/article.touch.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2016/11/28/fl_house_speaker_rev.html

This is why troopers will never receive the pay they deserve and keep getting 5% raises every 4 years. The rhetoric in the state house and legislation and governor will never change till the GOP lose this state. Again this will never happen because state employees keep voting GOP.

Unregistered
12-03-2016, 12:47 PM
Just wait until you retire from the patrol. The thank you that you receive from the state is a big fat bill. After risking your life for 25+ years, the state charges you over $1,500.00 a month to keep your health insurance. Do the math boys and girls. You can forget about retirement, because you'll have no choice but to find another job just to pay for your health insurance.

I just retired as a trooper at 52 years old. I may or may not go back to work. I'm making a decent retirement (more then most civilians who worked 35-40 years). I agree that the insurance and pay for troopers suck. I to was always waiting for that big pay raise that never came. However, I planned my retirement many years ago and now I'm reaping the benefits.

Unregistered
12-03-2016, 01:22 PM
I just retired as a trooper at 52 years old. I may or may not go back to work. I'm making a decent retirement (more then most civilians who worked 35-40 years). I agree that the insurance and pay for troopers suck. I to was always waiting for that big pay raise that never came. However, I planned my retirement many years ago and now I'm reaping the benefits.

Yes but thing have change to allow you to retire. Drop was at a higher rate. There was years that allowed you to make more then a captain. Those days are gone, thank you. As long as you recieved them. There is other reasons you were able to prepare for retirement in your life. That was then and this is now. It is never the same and you have to fight everyday be today trooper. I do think you will be much help for today troopers. Retired GOP. Thanks for the support.

Unregistered
12-04-2016, 02:43 AM
Yes but thing have change to allow you to retire. Drop was at a higher rate. There was years that allowed you to make more then a captain. Those days are gone, thank you. As long as you recieved them. There is other reasons you were able to prepare for retirement in your life. That was then and this is now. It is never the same and you have to fight everyday be today trooper. I do think you will be much help for today troopers. Retired GOP. Thanks for the support.

Sorry but I didn't do drop. I was going to but decided not too. You are right. Things are different for troopers now. They have a lot more opportunities than I had! I started out at 14,900 a year. Yea, I got a few little raises here and there just like most that stay 30 years. I had to fight everyday just like you say you do. The point of my post was I liked my job and I stuck it out and planned for my retirement. Nothing special. You can do even better or move on to another career that pays you what you feel you deserve. Again, I understand how horrific our pay is and insurance will be at retirement! That's my story. Everyone is different.

Unregistered
12-04-2016, 01:09 PM
Sorry but I didn't do drop. I was going to but decided not too. You are right. Things are different for troopers now. They have a lot more opportunities than I had! I started out at 14,900 a year. Yea, I got a few little raises here and there just like most that stay 30 years. I had to fight everyday just like you say you do. The point of my post was I liked my job and I stuck it out and planned for my retirement. Nothing special. You can do even better or move on to another career that pays you what you feel you deserve. Again, I understand how horrific our pay is and insurance will be at retirement! That's my story. Everyone is different.

I hope I have drop available to me. I wish I had drop at the 5 or 7% that you were given the opportunity to take that you didn't. That is an opportunity that you had I will not have. You say you had less opportunity than we have now. They are gutting benefits you were offered and you decided not to take so you think that's good for us. Then vote them all out of office for use brother. I am glade you are happy with this 5 % raises your governor and legislation that is run by the GOP have blessed upon us. Because you truly don't want use to have more then you.

Unregistered
12-04-2016, 03:26 PM
I hope I have drop available to me. I wish I had drop at the 5 or 7% that you were given the opportunity to take that you didn't. That is an opportunity that you had I will not have. You say you had less opportunity than we have now. They are gutting benefits you were offered and you decided not to take so you think that's good for us. Then vote them all out of office for use brother. I am glade you are happy with this 5 % raises your governor and legislation that is run by the GOP have blessed upon us. Because you truly don't want use to have more then you.

Where did I say I was happy with the 5% proposal? Where did I indicate that I didn't want you to have more than me? PLEASE ANSWER THISE TWO QUESTIONS FOR ME! I still have many friends that still work for FHP. Don't knock me because I made decisions for me and my family. You seem to have a negative attitude no matter what comes your way. I stated over and over again that the pay sucked then and still sucks. Oh by the way, you can vote them out also!

Unregistered
12-04-2016, 06:19 PM
Where did I say I was happy with the 5% proposal? Where did I indicate that I didn't want you to have more than me? PLEASE ANSWER THISE TWO QUESTIONS FOR ME! I still have many friends that still work for FHP. Don't knock me because I made decisions for me and my family. You seem to have a negative attitude no matter what comes your way. I stated over and over again that the pay sucked then and still sucks. Oh by the way, you can vote them out also!

This blog is not about how the glass is half-full. If you want to go start a blog on how to prepare for life after FHP. Please go, and start one. This is about a 5% increase to the Florida Highway Patrol. An insult.

Unregistered
12-04-2016, 09:00 PM
This blog is not about how the glass is half-full. If you want to go start a blog on how to prepare for life after FHP. Please go, and start one. This is about a 5% increase to the Florida Highway Patrol. An insult.

Ok, just send a letter up the chain of command all the way up to Slick Rick and tell them, "Thanks for the raise, but no thanks. It's not good enough for me, you can keep it." Tell them you are "insulted" about the increase. I dare you, tough guy. Or quit be a little snowflake and crying about and go to an agency that pays. C'mon man up. I would bet my $34000 salary that wouldn't happen. It's just easier for you to *****.

Unregistered
12-04-2016, 09:11 PM

You sound really angry and stupid.

Unregistered
12-08-2016, 10:28 PM
1-Perhaps I'm going out on a limb here but let's say we start our own "FHP Troopers Union" and fire PBA.
2- we all unite and pull together for our own bargaining with the state, FHP keeps us at odds with each other so we must change that for us to work.
3- troopers are afraid or are so centered that they won't unite for a two day blue flu statewide, Is off duty that import and are you so scared that you won't fight to get a much deserved pay raise?
4- how about we put the pressure on to FHP and we all put in our letter of resignation for the same effective date. How would FHP react to 1900 troopers resigning on the same date. I think that would get someone's attention.
5- as our own Union we would leverage ourselves well and demand better (competitive pay) for the work we do. In Orlando we work thousands of crashes monthly and no one really cares because it get done, even if they keep you out late.
6- if your tired of the same old BS, then let's stand together and say no more.

Blue Flu on 12/31/2016 & 01/01/2017

This will show that we stand united and will start our own Union to bargain for our needs as troopers to do our job.
- no more junk high mileage cars
- no more AVL stalking
- no more years without pay raises
- no more hostile work environments
- no more understaffing do to lack of trooper pay
- no more demoralizing troopers by supervisors that have no business supervising, you weren't a good trooper and you are certainly not a good supervisor (you know who you are!!)
- no more work schedules that do not accommodate both the trooper and the department
- no more department answers that start with "because we said so" unacceptable.
The list can go on and on....

Let's do this and stand together

One trooper United

Unregistered
12-08-2016, 10:33 PM
Ok, just send a letter up the chain of command all the way up to Slick Rick and tell them, "Thanks for the raise, but no thanks. It's not good enough for me, you can keep it." Tell them you are "insulted" about the increase. I dare you, tough guy. Or quit be a little snowflake and crying about and go to an agency that pays. C'mon man up. I would bet my $34000 salary that wouldn't happen. It's just easier for you to *****.

This is what the department loves to see, troopers at odds with each other. This is why we don't get anything. Support your brother and don't bet your salary against one of your own for he would risk his life to safe yours.

One trooper United

Unregistered
01-04-2017, 03:15 AM
This is what the department loves to see, troopers at odds with each other. This is why we don't get anything. Support your brother and don't bet your salary against one of your own for he would risk his life to safe yours.

One trooper United

Keeping the dream alive.

Unregistered
01-04-2017, 01:14 PM
1-Perhaps I'm going out on a limb here but let's say we start our own "FHP Troopers Union" and fire PBA.
2- we all unite and pull together for our own bargaining with the state, FHP keeps us at odds with each other so we must change that for us to work.
3- troopers are afraid or are so centered that they won't unite for a two day blue flu statewide, Is off duty that import and are you so scared that you won't fight to get a much deserved pay raise?
4- how about we put the pressure on to FHP and we all put in our letter of resignation for the same effective date. How would FHP react to 1900 troopers resigning on the same date. I think that would get someone's attention.
5- as our own Union we would leverage ourselves well and demand better (competitive pay) for the work we do. In Orlando we work thousands of crashes monthly and no one really cares because it get done, even if they keep you out late.
6- if your tired of the same old BS, then let's stand together and say no more.

Blue Flu on 12/31/2016 & 01/01/2017

This will show that we stand united and will start our own Union to bargain for our needs as troopers to do our job.
- no more junk high mileage cars
- no more AVL stalking
- no more years without pay raises
- no more hostile work environments
- no more understaffing do to lack of trooper pay
- no more demoralizing troopers by supervisors that have no business supervising, you weren't a good trooper and you are certainly not a good supervisor (you know who you are!!)
- no more work schedules that do not accommodate both the trooper and the department
- no more department answers that start with "because we said so" unacceptable.
The list can go on and on....

Let's do this and stand together

One trooper United

No one is standing with you because you cannit connect with other troopers. You are in way out there in lala land and your efforts are very mis-directed and misinformed.

Your leadership approach is vey negative and unproductive. You only aporear to be disgruntled and will only appease other disgruntled troopers which amounts to only about 10%.

Because most of us truly understand that we are serving to protect and thats why we took an oath. The same troopers also understand that our pay really SUCKS, but its not FHP's and the citizens fault who will be affected by your irresponsible actions.

So, try another way that will be more positive with better outcomes.

I guess your blue flu approac didn't work out so well. Thats means you develop another strategy.

Unregistered
02-18-2017, 07:34 PM
Hows this proposal going?