PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Officer Rene Banegas

Unregistered
11-28-2016, 02:11 AM
BY JOEY FLECHAS
jflechas@miamiherald.com

An off-duty Miami police officer died Sunday when he lost control of his car and crashed into a home in Kendall.

Miami-Dade police say Officer Rene Banegas, 27, was speeding south on Southwest 87th Avenue around 2:15 p.m. when he

lost control of his 2001 Volkswagen Jetta at the 3400 block, hit a tree and crashed into a residence.

Miami-Dade Fire Rescue pronounced Banegas dead when they arrived. No one inside the home was injured.

He was off-duty at the time of the accident.

Miami-Dade’s Traffic Homicide Unit is investigating.

Unregistered
11-28-2016, 02:31 AM
These things can happen when you speed, especially here in the banana Republic, the worst drivers in the USA ! Anyone know just how fast he was traveling ? RIP my bro

Unregistered
11-28-2016, 08:55 AM
These things can happen when you speed, especially here in the banana Republic, the worst drivers in the USA ! Anyone know just how fast he was traveling ? RIP my bro

Flying down SW 87ave at a super high rate of speed at 0215 AM, ran a stop sign, hit a wall, then a house. DOA on the scene. That's about it ? Anyone else got anything to add ?

Unregistered
11-28-2016, 02:45 PM
What was he getting away from? Why was he speeding? Is this a norm for all Miami Police Officers? I'm guessing he never heard the big news story of former officer Fausto Lopez and why he lost his job? Speeding is wrong... was he drinking? Too much partying? Typical for many here.

Unregistered
11-29-2016, 05:57 AM
The poor guys hasn't been laid to rest yet and you guys are sh itt ing on him already. This place is a cancer.
He didn't hurt anyone and it's still being investigated.

Unregistered
11-29-2016, 06:22 AM
The poor guys hasn't been laid to rest yet and you guys are sh itt ing on him already. This place is a cancer.
He didn't hurt anyone and it's still being investigated.

Already found out, he was DUI