PDA

View Full Version : Sinking ship

Unregistered
10-11-2016, 11:33 AM
Is it true 3 more officers are fixin to bail? Grab the nearest life vest folks.

Unregistered
10-11-2016, 10:45 PM
We've been drifting along with no end insight for a while; plugging holes with fingers for years.

Unregistered
10-11-2016, 10:55 PM
Kool and the gang would be rolling them wires up!

Unregistered
10-11-2016, 11:30 PM
I heard there's four leaving and possibly a 5th. That means we will have 10 possibly 11 positions to fill real soon. The ship has sunk and the life rafts are filling up real quick.

Unregistered
10-12-2016, 10:59 AM
Evidence room on wheels, no deputy chief, no captains, no lieutenants, 32,000 starting salary, Oh but wait, we do have Colonel Jones to right the ship.

Unregistered
10-13-2016, 06:57 PM
Sometimes the humane thing to do is shoot the wounded dog and put it out of its misery; metaphorically speaking of course.

Unregistered
10-13-2016, 09:45 PM
Sometimes the humane thing to do is shoot the wounded dog and put it out of its misery; metaphorically speaking of course.

The humane thing to do is give the PD over to PCSO since this agency and city is a joke.

Unregistered
10-14-2016, 03:32 AM
Good to know our worthless chief and CST sergeant were busy doing synchronized dancing at the "Leadership" class today. Meanwhile back at the PD, we're having the worst manpower issues ever, we still have our evidence in a trailer on wheels, we have no crime scene unit and we have no command staff. I feel so much better knowing the chief learned some sweet dance moves instead of how to be a leader and operate a ****ing police department.

https://www.facebook.com/virginia.condello/posts/10210407113394362

Unregistered
10-14-2016, 12:09 PM
The humane thing to do is give the PD over to PCSO since this agency and city is a joke.

I believe that's what the cowboy was eluding to.

Unregistered
10-16-2016, 07:10 PM
http://www.theledger.com/news/20161016/health-insurance-for-bartow-commissioners-proposed

"City's finances have never been better", Clements. So we can assume a raise is forthcoming?!?

Unregistered
10-17-2016, 03:01 PM
http://www.theledger.com/news/20161016/health-insurance-for-bartow-commissioners-proposed

"City's finances have never been better", Clements. So we can assume a raise is forthcoming?!?

Why yes you will be getting that big 2 percent

Unregistered
10-18-2016, 12:37 PM
What are we gonna do with all that extra money?!?? Recruiting won't be a problem now the base pay is skyrocketing!

Unregistered
10-19-2016, 11:02 AM
2% What is that...an extra $20 on each paycheck after taxes? What the hell am I going to do with all of that money? I can buy so many packs of Ramen Noodles and Vienna sausages with $20 more every check!

Unregistered
10-20-2016, 10:17 PM
2% What is that...an extra $20 on each paycheck after taxes? What the hell am I going to do with all of that money? I can buy so many packs of Ramen Noodles and Vienna sausages with $20 more every check!

That's not even 20 dollars for most in less you are one of the senior people who were topped out before steps froze.

Unregistered
10-21-2016, 03:14 AM
Steps froze on your asses long ago. Keep fighting for nothing. Remember you wete the highest paid agency in the stone age Any of you still there want to br.

Unregistered
10-21-2016, 02:20 PM
At least we still have a DB to keep us from looking worthless in the paper. I swear, without that group we'd look totally useless. Best leadership and team in the dept.

Unregistered
10-23-2016, 03:05 AM
I agree db has outstanding leadership. Maybe they should be assigned to the patrol division with three officers and see how well they do then.

Unregistered
10-23-2016, 05:53 PM
It would probably reduce our work load, at least we wouldn't have to clean up the patrol messes.

Unregistered
10-24-2016, 08:38 PM
It would probably reduce our work load, at least we wouldn't have to clean up the patrol messes.

Griffith you just stay in your safe little office and let the real cops do all the dangerous work. We don't want you to break a pretty little nail.

Unregistered
10-24-2016, 08:57 PM

Good point to make Griffith, if we continue to loose senior officers and only having rookies, you and the other detectives will continue to clean up patrols mess as you say it. So pack a lunch because you are about to loose some more.

Unregistered
10-24-2016, 10:07 PM
Yawn, heard that before. No one else is going anywhere; if they could've -they would've . They are here for the long haul.

Unregistered
10-25-2016, 12:05 PM
Here is the scoop and the skinny....from my humble point of view.
Those that want to seek employment elsewhere , will. Those that are offered employment elsewhere, will leave.
Not the agency members but the leaders that "lead" your agency have failed you. From the chief to the city manager to the commission. I have watched your agency climb and fall (like the stock market) for many years while working at "neighboring" agency and have a lot of respect and what I would consider a friendship with many of your employees. To know and see where the problem is and/or is going....look at your turn over, attrition rate and lack of upward movement. How many senior members do you have left compared to how many new members (less 5 yrs). Now, are the senior members there acting as positive role models for the new people(?). The old adage; s^#t rolls down hill now becomes extremely obvious. The senior people have been neglicated for many years and no longer have the desire or will power to break their backs for an unrewarding agency. The "leader" that says "do it because, it's your job" will not garner respect from his/her subordinates and will only achieve the basics of service.
I say all that to say this.....the commission needs to "motivate" the manager and the manager needs to do the same to the chief. The chief has been there many years now and in way of bettering the agency has made some steps in the right direction, HOWEVER, by reading these boards has lost the faith and support of his members. A leader that is not respected is inept and must be treated as such.
Good luck, most importantly; keep each other safe.

PS, if you beat us to the fire, don't block the road, we have all the water.

Unregistered
10-30-2016, 12:26 AM
JH is the best. You sisssies need to suck it up and 10-65!

Unregistered
10-30-2016, 12:26 PM
If DB Is so great and the leadership is the best, why can't we get a certain detective to come to work?!?!?

Unregistered
11-30-2016, 05:12 AM
Here we go, three more are saying goodbye. What's is the next adventure? Maybe Tag and Smith will have to come back and be real police officers. Let the good times roll!

Unregistered
11-30-2016, 11:39 AM
Here we go, three more are saying goodbye. What's is the next adventure? Maybe Tag and Smith will have to come back and be real police officers. Let the good times roll!

Are they REALLY leaving this time or just more rumors?!?!

Unregistered
11-30-2016, 11:41 AM

If they go back to the road, what will BD do? He has supervised that unit so closely for the past several years, how will manage with out a team to lead?!?!? Gasp.

Unregistered
12-01-2016, 09:03 PM

I heard only two are leaving, what happened to the third.

Unregistered
12-14-2016, 01:14 AM
I see the problem as the new generation of officers. They posess no sense of pride or drive to perform. Everything is someone elses fault but theirs. They complain about not making enough money, yet when the opportunity for overtime presents itself they would rather be off entertaining themselves. They have no desire to learn how to improve themselves or learn how to be a better police officer. They rarely do self initiated activity like we did back in the day. They complain about being bored, yet never step out of their cruiser and look for crime. Maybe they are just too stupid to know what to look for or maybe they are just too lazy. They could be hired by the most squared away agency and they would be no different then they are at BPD.

When is the last time you heard of Huber, March, or Vance getting out on foot and chasing someone down? When is the last time you heard them do a traffic stop and ask the driver for consent to search and then located a large amount of narcotics? Hell, when is the last time you heard them even conduct a traffic stop?

Oh thats right you haven't because they dont care too and take no pride in being a police officer. Its called being lazy people! Think you could get away with that in the private sector? No way! Maybe it is because they have no clue about how to enforce the law cause there too busy planning their night on the town instead of studying their statute book.

Look in the mirror rookies and wake up. By all means do us a favor and resign because that means more police work for the rest of us who actually care about the thin blue line.

Peace out y'all

Unregistered
12-14-2016, 07:48 PM
Couldn't have said it better myself. Hell when was the last time you heard of anyone doing any real police work at bpd? What happened to the days when you couldn't get a word in otherwise because of Hauser, Vaughn or Jefferson or god forbid Broome calling out traffic stops on the radio? Moral is low so the work is low plain and simple. Nothing will change until these rookies wake up and grow some balls. If not get the hell out of dodge and let the actual cops step up and do their jobs!

Unregistered
12-15-2016, 06:59 AM
I see the problem as the new generation of officers. They posess no sense of pride or drive to perform. Everything is someone elses fault but theirs. They complain about not making enough money, yet when the opportunity for overtime presents itself they would rather be off entertaining themselves. They have no desire to learn how to improve themselves or learn how to be a better police officer. They rarely do self initiated activity like we did back in the day. They complain about being bored, yet never step out of their cruiser and look for crime. Maybe they are just too stupid to know what to look for or maybe they are just too lazy. They could be hired by the most squared away agency and they would be no different then they are at BPD.

When is the last time you heard of Huber, March, or Vance getting out on foot and chasing someone down? When is the last time you heard them do a traffic stop and ask the driver for consent to search and then located a large amount of narcotics? Hell, when is the last time you heard them even conduct a traffic stop?

Oh thats right you haven't because they dont care too and take no pride in being a police officer. Its called being lazy people! Think you could get away with that in the private sector? No way! Maybe it is because they have no clue about how to enforce the law cause there too busy planning their night on the town instead of studying their statute book.

Look in the mirror rookies and wake up. By all means do us a favor and resign because that means more police work for the rest of us who actually care about the thin blue line.

Peace out y'all

Couldn't have said it any better all 3. Huber, March & Vance ....lazy and poor excuses for officers I wouldn't trust them with my life ... They Have ZERO drive to do anything but plan out what they are doing for their days off ... I can assure you they abuse their power as well always thinking they are Billy bad asses when I'm actuality they are just lazy pieces of shit good for nothing and should have never been given a badge or gun ...bpd must really be desperate because the pd is just a failing misery that I'm sure eventually will be taken over by pcso which would be for the best ....more money ...better hours ....and officers who actually give a shit about there job ... These three in general are spineless scum Just my opinion ....pay close attention and you will see exactly the shit that all three pull and should get shit canned for ....must be good buds with Velez we all know how awesome he was right...yes I'm talking shit and no I have no respect for either one of them ....wouldn't be sad at all to see anyone of them shit canned or beat up lord knows they have it coming to them and would be more than deserved . Huber is just a ****tard , March is a little ***** and Vance I feel as if my IQ drops every time I have contact ....just pitiful ...my hamster would be a better officer and smarter than all three combined . I Hope they read this I really do ...glad I'm not the only one who thought they suck ...I'm right there with you .

Unregistered
12-15-2016, 12:33 PM
I agree. We have no young patrol officers with any enthusiasm to become leaders They don't care about excelling at their job. They are more concerned with getting out of work instead of being the leader of a squad. Back in the day we took pride in finding a burglar in ours zones or stoping a car and getting a large amount of drugs. We took pride and would correctly work a felony case all the way through as opposed to just pushing it over to DB.

I think not only is it a lazy issue, but they are too ignorant and lack the knowledge to correctly work an investigation other than a petit theft. They don't know the law, they have no interview skills, they couldn't write a search warrant or obtain an arrest warrant if their life depended on it. Its all about them and their pay not about becoming better at their jobs.

I challenge anyone to ask the three previously mentioned officers how they go about writing a search warrant. Bet ya a $100.00 they couldn't do it. I partly blame the patrol sgt's as they are just as dumb and have no desire to teach and develop the new officers.

Watch PCSO, they have working Sgt's who take reports and make arrests. Not at bpd, ya get promoted and ya turn lazy instead of being a working example. What a Shame!!!!

Unregistered
12-21-2016, 12:31 AM
If this place weren't so damn laughable; it would be sad!!

Unregistered
03-25-2017, 12:21 PM
Another one bites the dust........

Unregistered
03-25-2017, 07:54 PM
Another one bites the dust........

**** off, you racist pastor. You & Broome probably diddling kids together

Unregistered
03-25-2017, 10:24 PM
Regardless if DB started this or not (I will concede he probably did). BOTH of their careers are done. CA getting fired regardless the reason will not save his job. He lied during an official investigation and also received the death letter; thus he is done. CA is "alleged" racist with the death letter; she is done. All this episode has done is ruin 2 (maybe 3 careers-JH) and put yet another black eye on the department. Those of us still 10-65ing must ride out the wave, and deal with the fall out. The problem has mainly stated start at the top; Inept leadership leads to despair. Those two can point fingers all day long, regardless, all they are doing is pointing fingers and will not succeed or win any battles. He can't excuse his lying, she can't excuse her statement.

Unregistered
03-28-2017, 11:50 PM
Whoa. Shots fired by channel 8 calling out the chief and CM!

Unregistered
03-29-2017, 03:17 PM
Whoa. Shots fired by channel 8 calling out the chief and CM!

Who cares. What ch8 needs to do is expose broom as the child melester that he is, and his racist a$& pastor

Unregistered
03-30-2017, 09:22 PM
So will the Captain of the sinking sink go down after his testimony today in the Broom hearing?

Unregistered
03-31-2017, 02:49 AM
The glory days may be coming to an end for some.

Unregistered
03-31-2017, 05:54 AM
So will the Captain of the sinking sink go down after his testimony today in the Broom hearing?

See here lies the problem, which one was lying the chief of police or city manager.

Unregistered
03-31-2017, 05:57 AM
Broome my friend you are a piece of shit and a racist just like your little b$&ch pastor

Unregistered
04-04-2017, 11:05 PM
Thank you off broome for bringing this information to light. Much appreciated and many thanks.

Unregistered
04-05-2017, 01:36 PM
Thank you off broome for bringing this information to light. Much appreciated and many thanks.
Pastor Doctor Racist Cowart, you forgot to leave your name after this entry.

Unregistered
04-08-2017, 01:42 PM

"Officer" Broome? Not hardly. Pedophiles aren't welcome in this profession.

Unregistered
04-25-2017, 02:22 AM
Looks like the captain tried to leave the ship and let all his sailors go down alone. Now that's leadership.