PDA

View Full Version : Former PBA President Kevin Durkin

Unregistered
10-02-2016, 02:58 AM
The former PBA President who is supposed to represent us gets a job here, along with his family members and he quickly moves up the ranks, bypassing other long term employees with college credits. The Chief of Police is Paul F Sireci!

Unregistered
10-04-2016, 01:09 AM
So the former PBA President who negotiates contracts and discipline for dues paying police officers at Tampa Airport Police gets a job there, along with other family members. Then he gets promoted to Sergeant, skipping the Corporal position. Wow, this is so corrupt! Who is running this place - Paul F Sireci?

Unregistered
10-04-2016, 01:43 AM
Look at who we elected and who got promoted without the required degree. And the training Sgt. at that. What a joke. Maybe we can keep having job fairs at the airport. I'm sure a lot of tourist down on vacation with their families and business travelers have an interest in joining the force. Stupid!!!! How lazy can he be?

EXAGGERATION OR TRUTH? YOU DECIDE!
PDA
View Full Version : PBA: EXAGGERATION OR TRUTH? YOU DECIDE!

Greg Stout
09-17-2007, 02:24 AM
Dear Fellow Tampa Police Officers and PBA Members:

Well, it?s official. The race is on for the four executive board seats at the PBA. Kevin Durkin has gathered his candidates for the election and began attending roll calls on Saturday morning. So did we. Our group, Greg Stout, candidate for President, Pat Lynch, candidate for Senior Vice President, Jimmy Meier, candidate for Second Vice-President, and Chip DeBlock, candidate for Secretary were also talking to the day shift roll calls at District One. After we left we learned that President Durkin and his group were at District Three. In their conversation with the troops they mentioned that we were ?exaggerating,? things about the current PBA Administration. Well, here are those things, you are all investigators, check it out for yourselves:

1.) Secret meetings in violation of the WCFPBA Constitution and By-laws.
a.) The WCFPBA Constitution and By-Laws say that charter board meetings will be noticed on their web site, www.wcfpba.org (http://www.wcfpba.org). The meeting where Kevin Durkin announced that he would become the Executive Director took place on Wednesday, May 30, 2007.
b.) After over one hundred Tampa Police Officers sent e-mails telling Kevin Durkin they were against the Executive Director idea, they held another meeting on Wednesday, June 27, 2007 and elected him Executive Director of the PBA, a job with no job description, paying Senior Detectives pay.
c.) On May 8, 2007 there was a post on the PBA website letting us know about a PBA picnic with HCSO, but no notice of a meeting taking place on May 30.
d.) On Tuesday, June 26, 2007 there was a post defending Life Members, and the appointment of an Executive Director position, but no notice of when or where that was going to occur. (Secret Meetings).

2.) Back door deals for an Executive Director position meant to be a golden parachute that combining retirement & the new salary would equal $140,000.00 yearly for that position.
a.) Do some math with me:
1.) Kevin Durkin has been with TPD twenty-five years. 25 X 3.15% = 78.75%
2.) As of October 1, 2007 Kevin Durkin?s salary as a Senior Detective will be
$80,350.40 annually. $80,350.40 / 78.75% = $63,275.94, Kevin?s annual
retirement amount.
3.) Salary of the new Executive Director?s position: $80,350.40 + Kevin?s
annual retirement amount of $63,275.94 = $143,626.34 The total amount of
the Executive Director position and Kevin?s annual retirement. (Golden
Parachute).

3.) A $25,000.00 annual stipend for the president of the PBA, over and above his $80,350.40 salary to simply manage day to day business. (Stipend dollar amount source: John W. Swope, Senior Vice-President, WCFPBA).

4.) A secretary making over $58,000.00 yearly and provided a cell phone, PBA credit card and a take home car which, is driven daily to Pinellas County.
a.) Kevin said she is not a secretary but she is an ?Administrator,? worthy of the pay and car perk.
b.) This is her job description as posted on the PBA web site as of Saturday, September 15, 2007: ?Administrator/Administrative Assistant: Is responsible for answering the telephone and directing calls to the appropriate personnel; updating membership records; and assisting in a variety of other integral duties.?
c.) She was initially hired to answer telephones, not to be an Administrator. Her previous employment was baby-sitting in her neighborhood. Her next door neighbor was Mary Rochelle, former Administrator and retired Tampa Police Officer who had a business background and formal education.
d.) Her employment was recommended by Mary Rochelle to answer telephones at the PBA. Mary Rochelle will verify this information. (Draw your own conclusions).

5.) TPD Officers paying the highest union dues in three counties. (If anyone is paying more, let me know and I will issue an immediate apology.)

6.) Unbridled spending of our dues.
a.) One example: The purchase of two Ford Taurus vehicles totaling around
$30,000.00. I was on the Board of Directors at the time and the purchase
was not brought before the board until after the fact.

7.) The consistent withholding of vital information from the PBA President to the
Tampa Police Chapter Board of Directors.
a.) One example: The Tampa Police Chapter Board of Directors was
totally unaware of the Executive Director Position. They did not find out
about the existence of the position until it was disclosed by Pat Lynch
after a WCFPBA Charter meeting where he was ordered not to say
anything about it until after it was a done deal.
b.) Another example: Tampa Police Board members were never informed that Sharon Slater left the PBA until six weeks later and not until Kevin Durkin was questioned at a board meeting. USF Police, who are members of the TPD Chapter, were never informed and Sharon was the person negotiating their somewhat contentious contract.

8.) Endorsements of politicians with questionable character.
a.) WCFPBA endorsement of Doug Belden for Tax Collector after Belden?s alcohol fueled incident at Harbour Island, just last year. See Belden?s admission and public apology on www.takebackyourpba.com (http://www.takebackyourpba.com) under ?Call to Action.?
b.) The endorsement occurred almost ONE YEAR BEFORE the filing deadline for that office.

9.) Low quality flyers substituting for ?The Badge & Labor,? union newspaper that we used to receive and deserve.
a.) We have not received a ?Badge and Labor,? union news paper in over one
year. We now receive something resembling a sixth grade quality printing
press production.

10.) Insurance ignored on two fronts:
b.) The PBA failed to participate in the City?s selection process for health insurance carriers even though Kevin will claim that addition in the contract. Kevin said there was not enough time.
c.) The PBA totally ignored the retirement health insurance problem until the first contract failed, then half heartedly submitted a plan that Kevin knew the City would not have time to study. Since then, Kevin has continuously failed to take action, even after repeated board direction to stay on top of the health insurance in retirement issue.

Exaggeration? I don?t think so.

Let?s clear up one last point. Kevin attempted to justify his $25,000.00 annual stipend by saying that I received one while serving on the board of Directors at the PBA. He is correct. I received a stipend of roughly $7,000.00 annually for two years. I was never in a full time capacity at the PBA. I was frequently on call and responded to several call outs on my personal time. I was also the editor of the ?Badge and Labor,? and worked on it on my own time. Likewise, I put in countless hours of my personal time working for the PBA. I never asked for it, but I stand by my assertion that a stipend is not needed to run the day to day affairs of the PBA, while working there full time. Especially a $25,000.00 annual stipend.

Until next time,
Greg Stout

And now at TIAPD

He represented Tampa Airport Police as their PBA President. Since then his family has gotten jobs with the Tampa Airport Police and Chief Paul F Sireci promoted him to Sergeant bypassing others with college and tenure. In fact he went from detective to sergeant and skipped corporal. Greg Stout was right all along. Is this not a conflict of interest or quid pro quo?

Unregistered
10-12-2016, 09:18 PM
Greg,

You are soooo right on everything. Now, in charge of training at PSU?! He is in poor health and can only wear a suit to stay in police work. His Meanwhile sucking what he can by covering up his own less than adequate personality traits.

Unregistered
10-14-2016, 12:23 AM
Who did his background investigation?

Unregistered
02-22-2017, 11:14 PM
sgt Diaz...promotion. You're kidding. What are your admins thinking of. What happened to not promoting a guy to sgt, or any supervisor position, who is not even off probation yet. Doesn't anybody check their backgrounds. Oh wait, that's the infamous durkin's job now.

And please don't tell the good citizens of the Tampa Bay Area that durkin is truly reviewing, and deciding which applicants are, or are not, qualified for the Chief's position. Shouldn't that at the very least be the responsibility of your Captains and Director. Not some sergeant. I see someone already put on here durkin's exploits while he served as our pba president.

Below was taken directly off TPD's LeoAffair page concerning your newest sgt diaz

From TPD's Page:
"I would encourage all of you to go read what the federal arbitrator had to say about him (Diaz) in his ruling in the Moss arbitration. He questions this guys (Diaz) integrity point blank.

He is NOT a cop's cop!

If you think I am wrong...go read it......I thought the world of him until I read what he said and did, then read what 4 other DT "experts had to say."

From Ruling:

"Harris reviewed transcribed interviews from an internal investigation and the testimony of Hogue, defensive tactics instructor Sgt. Eric Diaz, Maus and officers called in Maus' defense. He decided Maus' testimony was consistent and showed no signs of the "predetermined" mindset that Hogue and Diaz perceived."

So in short, Officer Maus' testimony was consistent and true, contrary to what Diaz and Hogue wanted the arbitrator to believe. Thus, the questioning of Diaz's integrity. A good surmise would be possibly so the blame would not fall on him. So as the training officer, it certainly appears he tried, but failed, to throw the officer under the proverbial bus.

Good luck with this one too.
He sure does love himself, and will even more when he starts in your psu and tells you all that he knows, and just how little you do.

Stay safe

EJ Diaz
02-23-2017, 10:19 PM
I am EJ Diaz I have done a lot of things in my career and have learn a lot from good decisions and bad.

You sure do sling a lot of mud as an anonymous person. But I am sure if you stated your name everyone would consider the source and your comments would have less of a sting.

At least I have the integrity and courage to make comments under my name. I learn this when I felt an officer had used excessive force on a citizen. I testified, under my name, and stood behind my belief and when I loss, I learned and moved on.

You have been a bully on this site for a while. Sad part is you don't even have enough courage to say Any of your comments to the People you attack face to face. So I am sorry to say I am not effected by the comments of a cowardly person.

I am glad to be In a possession to bring a positive attitude to this organization. People like you negative, hateful, jealous people are the true destructive force.

Unregistered
02-23-2017, 11:26 PM
There are a lot of people who have posted on this site, so please don't assume there is only one person. Just one thing - your photographs on LinkedIn and that martial arts site are hilarious! Sure hope the media and the citizens don't look at those photographs. Here we go again- good job Hillsborough County Aviation Authority! Guess Janet Zink will make sure they are taken down by tomorrow!

P.S. Is this guy going to a war zone?

Unregistered
02-23-2017, 11:37 PM
I am EJ Diaz I have done a lot of things in my career and have learn a lot from good decisions and bad.

You sure do sling a lot of mud as an anonymous person. But I am sure if you stated your name everyone would consider the source and your comments would have less of a sting.

At least I have the integrity and courage to make comments under my name. I learn this when I felt an officer had used excessive force on a citizen. I testified, under my name, and stood behind my belief and when I loss, I learned and moved on.

You have been a bully on this site for a while. Sad part is you don't even have enough courage to say Any of your comments to the People you attack face to face. So I am sorry to say I am not effected by the comments of a cowardly person.

I am glad to be In a possession to bring a positive attitude to this organization. People like you negative, hateful, jealous people are the true destructive force.

You have integrity? You haven't been here long enough to make this majestic impact you write about. Integrity...So you except a supervisor position while still on probation. What about the officers who also have put their time in and bring a positive attitude to this place everyday for a lot longer then you. And worked hard to get their degree.

And you accepted this especially after your buddy removed the part about not being able to be promoted while still on probation from the G.O's so you could accept the position. Of course you knew that. Integrity...you have once again have shown who you really are.

And it was the Federal Arbitrator who questioned your integrity at this hearing. Must have had a good reason to do so. You have moved on and they were correct. It's not slinging mud. Looks like the truth to me.

And the post didn't bother you so much that you just had to put your ridiculous response on here

Unregistered
02-23-2017, 11:51 PM
A photograph says a thousand words! Check out the photographs of this guy! Unbelievable, he looks like a psycho!

Unregistered
02-23-2017, 11:54 PM
Yup the photographs of EJ Diaz says it all. The politics never stop!

Unregistered
02-24-2017, 12:02 AM
Looks like someone has the facts on both these guys. So I don't know how either can contest these facts.
And diaz gets promoted after nine months or so. Yes, I would say there is certainly some foul play on this deal.

For kicks, let's just say the future goes something like this-
durkin goes back into ciu as the sergeant to get caught up on his sleep.
diaz is moved to psu as sergeant

Let's see what the future holds. If this comes true then there is definitely some serious foul play going on. Even some possible discrimination. I don't think anyone could dispute that.

Unregistered
02-24-2017, 03:09 AM
This EJ Diaz guy has the nerve to criticize us all for being anonymous! He has not been here long enough to know about the turnover rate and corruption under Chief Paul F Sireci, who was eventually forced to resign! He has got nothing to loose, making comments like that because he is now part of the corruption! Getting promoted while on probation, give me a break, he's got a hook. I guess our General Orders have suddenly changed behind closed doors to accommodate this new guy who says he has integrity! Unbelievable!

Unregistered
03-02-2017, 09:40 AM

I can see that you are college educated and it shows. You stated you were "not effected by the comments..." I am glad that you were not affected. You also stated that you "stood behind my belief and when I loss" I am glad you did not lose or lost. I know you would be reviewing reports etc., you may be over qualified!

Unregistered
05-05-2017, 12:44 AM
Looks like someone has the facts on both these guys. So I don't know how either can contest these facts.
And diaz gets promoted after nine months or so. Yes, I would say there is certainly some foul play on this deal.

For kicks, let's just say the future goes something like this-
durkin goes back into ciu as the sergeant to get caught up on his sleep.
diaz is moved to psu as sergeant

Let's see what the future holds. If this comes true then there is definitely some serious foul play going on. Even some possible discrimination. I don't think anyone could dispute that.

Did you ever call it! Durkin is now in CIU and Diaz is in PSU.
Definitely foul play going on there! Maybe the new Chief will clean house and undo what they are trying to get done before he or she is appointed. They are making a joke of the entire administration at the airport. When is someone going to wise up to these fools?

Unregistered
05-08-2017, 02:28 AM
You guys are actually police?