PDA

View Full Version : Trooper Goes Grocery Shopping On Duty

Unregistered
07-14-2016, 06:01 PM
This screenshot was sent to me from my cousin who lives in Fort Myers. Apparently this was posted in a rant facebook group.
http://i68.tinypic.com/nqe8hs.jpg

Unregistered
07-14-2016, 06:24 PM
This screenshot was sent to me from my cousin who lives in Fort Myers. Apparently this was posted in a rant facebook group.

This is stupid as hell! Get a life! If someone has a legitimate complaint, then go file one. What a bunch of idiots this generation is!😡

Unregistered
07-14-2016, 06:27 PM
So , this idiot has an issue with a UNIFORMED police officer being visible and in a public place: regardless of what his purpose was?? Lord only knows how many possible thefts or robberies that trooper and his vehicle probably prevented that day alone! The civilian is just upset because his applicant was rejected by FHP before it even made it to the BI.

Unregistered
07-14-2016, 06:52 PM
If people are upset about seeing groceries in a cruiser, they should take a look at all the paid firefighters who:
1) get paid to sleep on the job in the firehouse,
2) get paid to take their $650,000 fire truck with 2-4 firefighters to the grocery store, park in the fire lane, while 2 or 3 firefighters shop while on duty, and
3) get paid to watch TV in the station while not on a call.

Unregistered
07-14-2016, 10:33 PM
So , this idiot has an issue with a UNIFORMED police officer being visible and in a public place: regardless of what his purpose was?? Lord only knows how many possible thefts or robberies that trooper and his vehicle probably prevented that day alone! The civilian is just upset because his applicant was rejected by FHP before it even made it to the BI.

Honest question. Why is the standard response anytime anyone on this site disagrees with something posted have to be that the person was someone who was rejected by FHP? We are not that elite and that response is just getting boring.

Unregistered
07-14-2016, 10:44 PM
If people are upset about seeing groceries in a cruiser, they should take a look at all the paid firefighters who:
1) get paid to sleep on the job in the firehouse,
2) get paid to take their $650,000 fire truck with 2-4 firefighters to the grocery store, park in the fire lane, while 2 or 3 firefighters shop while on duty, and
3) get paid to watch TV in the station while not on a call.

Firefighters show up within minutes for a fire or medical emergency. FHP sometimes 1 hour to document a crash, other interactions with public are most likely writing tickets.

This should tell you why the general public cannot care less about firemen taking a nap or stopping at the grocery store while on the clock and why folks will have an allergic reaction when hearing the same thing involving FHP

Unregistered
07-14-2016, 11:07 PM

So when you get mad at our politics not doing their job it is because you couldn't make it to Yale or Harvard and start a big career in politics? You know that it is not necessarily true, even less when the job pays 33k a year no step plans and your routine is writing tickets + working crashes. I highly doubt that many civilians in FL dream about that, and among those who have been applying in the recent years it is very likely that the MAJORITY was just looking for a stepping stone to get certified and applied with a PD or Sheriff Dept ASAP!

Unregistered
07-15-2016, 12:31 AM
So when you get mad at our politics not doing their job it is because you couldn't make it to Yale or Harvard and start a big career in politics? You know that it is not necessarily true, even less when the job pays 33k a year no step plans and your routine is writing tickets + working crashes. I highly doubt that many civilians in FL dream about that, and among those who have been applying in the recent years it is very likely that the MAJORITY was just looking for a stepping stone to get certified and applied with a PD or Sheriff Dept ASAP!

Don't know why. Some of the other agencies may pay better but they suck to! The public looks at us all the same. Dip shit!

Unregistered
07-15-2016, 03:57 AM

I'm the Trooper who was in Ft. Myers and parked in the grocery store parking lot. Because I'm not paid enough I had to wait until the breakfast hour until I could catch Purina Gravy Train on sale to feed myself and my family. They also had canned dog food on sale and I picked up a couple cans of the "Filet Mignon". My wife and I like to remember what it's like every so often to remember what a steak tastes like. My kids like the dried dog food because of the crunch. Sometimes . . .not always . . . if work some sore or 208 I can afford a box of powdered milk (But I gotta really save for that.) and then I gotta hope and pray my welfare check (snap card) isn't late. If you haven't tried it you might wanna try becoming a Florida State Trooper then you'll be mandated to eating dog food to survive. However, the good news . . .Keep's your teeth white!!!!

Unregistered
07-15-2016, 04:36 AM
I'm the Trooper who was in Ft. Myers and parked in the grocery store parking lot. Because I'm not paid enough I had to wait until the breakfast hour until I could catch Purina Gravy Train on sale to feed myself and my family. They also had canned dog food on sale and I picked up a couple cans of the "Filet Mignon". My wife and I like to remember what it's like every so often to remember what a steak tastes like. My kids like the dried dog food because of the crunch. Sometimes . . .not always . . . if work some sore or 208 I can afford a box of powdered milk (But I gotta really save for that.) and then I gotta hope and pray my welfare check (snap card) isn't late. If you haven't tried it you might wanna try becoming a Florida State Trooper then you'll be mandated to eating dog food to survive. However, the good news . . .Keep's your teeth white!!!!

Thats high class bro try being a trooper on the east coast if not for the 208 we would be begging for change on our rdos with the homeless

Unregistered
07-15-2016, 12:38 PM
If shopping can't be done while on-duty, then it can't be done at all.

Unregistered
07-15-2016, 04:04 PM
Sunday mornings suck...

Unregistered
07-15-2016, 09:30 PM
Firefighters show up within minutes for a fire or medical emergency. FHP sometimes 1 hour to document a crash, other interactions with public are most likely writing tickets.

This should tell you why the general public cannot care less about firemen taking a nap or stopping at the grocery store while on the clock and why folks will have an allergic reaction when hearing the same thing involving FHP

Your a ****-head and hope you have an allergic reaction with hemorrhoids
I have no gripes with fireman or EMS, with Ft.Meyers but with it's 49 square miles they should be able to respond with in minutes to any call. As for the Troopers please contact your local State Legislator and let them know we need more Troopers and pay so we can respond within minutes as well......

Matt.Caldwell@myfloridahouse.gov
Benacquisto.Lizbeth.web@flsenate.gov
Richter.Garrett.web@flsenate.gov
Dane.Eagle@myfloridahouse.gov
Heather.Fitzenhagen@myfloridahouse.gov
Ray.Rodrigues@myfloridahouse.gov

Unregistered
07-16-2016, 11:21 AM
I heard the district lieutenant ruled the complaint unfounded based on the fact a trooper can not afford groceries on their salary.

Unregistered
07-16-2016, 12:09 PM

Aaaaand the infamous "we dont get paid enough, so i need sympathy, and i will do what i need to do until i get a raise." Quit be a little b****, and fix the problem. Stop being so scared and apply to you local agency. Or is it just easier to feel sorry for yourself? Bunch of little b**** that complain about pay instead of bettering your position.

Unregistered
07-16-2016, 05:59 PM

Nice try. The picture was taken at a restaurant in Naples. The female Trooper who had the groceries in her patrol car, cough cough, Anastasia, tried defending herself by responding to the original Facebook post. Anastasia, again, wasting time on the patrol's dime. Such a worthless trooper.

Unregistered
07-17-2016, 10:22 PM
It's worth noting a couple of things.

1. Mr. Paul Harper no longer has the Facebook post up. He apparently felt the need to take it down for some reason.

2. There can be, and certainly are times that I have bought things out of my own pocket, and sometimes at the state's direction, for the benefit of the state like planned events (district meetings, auxiliary, retirement - which is authorized by law, or just supplies for my damn car that the state doesn't give us).

3. I have had to send a trooper to go pickup office supply orders in their patrol car.

At a times when LEOs are being hunted and murdered, Paul Harper should be ashamed of himself by assuming the worst and turning to social media enrage others against LEOs instead of trying to address his concerns in a meaningful constructive way. The same goes for whoever posted the shit here.

I too used to work for a county, driving a county car. And that county allowed you to drive the county patrol car anywhere in the county, doing anything you liked (excluding alcohol), in appropriate attire, with your family - including grocery shopping and movies.

Now the trooper works for the state and not the county. But the idea that a trooper had bags of food items in their patrol car does not AUTOMATICALLY mean they did anything wrong. Assumptions just make an...well you know the saying.

Unregistered
07-20-2016, 02:43 AM

1. Mr. Paul Harper no longer has the Facebook post up. He apparently felt the need to take it down for some reason.

2. There can be, and certainly are times that I have bought things out of my own pocket, and sometimes at the state's direction, for the benefit of the state like planned events (district meetings, auxiliary, retirement - which is authorized by law, or just supplies for my damn car that the state doesn't give us).

3. I have had to send a trooper to go pickup office supply orders in their patrol car.

At a times when LEOs are being hunted and murdered, Paul Harper should be ashamed of himself by assuming the worst and turning to social media enrage others against LEOs instead of trying to address his concerns in a meaningful constructive way. The same goes for whoever posted the shit here.

I too used to work for a county, driving a county car. And that county allowed you to drive the county patrol car anywhere in the county, doing anything you liked (excluding alcohol), in appropriate attire, with your family - including grocery shopping and movies.

Now the trooper works for the state and not the county. But the idea that a trooper had bags of food items in their patrol car does not AUTOMATICALLY mean they did anything wrong. Assumptions just make an...well you know the saying.

Nice try again. Post is still there for the world to see Anastasia.

Unregistered
07-20-2016, 01:17 PM
Sh!t, I used to go Christmas shopping when I was 10-8 and that was allowed per Ex Colonel Chris Knight. Grocery shopping is childs play.

Unregistered
07-21-2016, 12:43 PM

Well said! Case closed!!!!!

Unregistered
07-21-2016, 11:43 PM
Nice try again. Post is still there for the world to see Anastasia.

Just stop with your BS.

Look at the screenshot for yourself. The Mr. Paul Harper has nothing posted in between the timeframe when the first post was dated and afterwards.

http://a63.tinypic.com/t6851y.jpg

Unregistered
07-22-2016, 12:14 AM
And I don't care!!!

A civilian

Unregistered
07-22-2016, 12:33 AM
I have no gripes with fireman or EMS, with Ft.Meyers but with it's 49 square miles they should be able to respond with in minutes to any call. As for the Troopers please contact your local State Legislator and let them know we need more Troopers and pay so we can respond within minutes as well......

And why would they want more troopers? Do you believe that your legislators see FHP as a bunch of brilliant people capable of handling all duties of a LEO at the cost of 33k annually + a pricey dodge charger? Or do you think that most of them see this agency as a bunch of babies? I could mail letters to our legislators all year long, asking raises, more troopers and so on, they'll probably laugh IF they even take the time to read it.

Sorry

Unregistered
07-22-2016, 08:21 PM

I would like to do it but it is going to take me a while to write to our legislators to ask them first to hire ONLY candidates who can communicate in English, who aren't completely out of shape, who don't think that it is okay to do it on duty in the cruiser and the list goes on and on.