PDA

View Full Version : Lowering 208 mileage reimbursement

Unregistered
07-11-2016, 12:36 AM
Colonel, the mileage reimbursement was raised a few years ago, when the gas prices were high at around $3.50 a gallon or more. Now that they have somewhat steady for a few years at around $2.00 average a gallon. Colonel could you please do a survey and see what it would be lowering the 44.5 percent, we pay back? It will help the troopers in a big way, at least the one's who work 208. I understand it wont help the one's who don't but quite honestly, i dont know a trooper that doesn't work 208. It's a small amount, but anything helps since we dont get pay raises. Just thinking!!!!

Unregistered
07-11-2016, 12:54 AM
Nice thought. But I thought it was based on the IRS vehicle mileage reimbursement rate (which may be higher now).

Unregistered
07-13-2016, 12:42 PM
Colonel, the mileage reimbursement was raised a few years ago, when the gas prices were high at around $3.50 a gallon or more. Now that they have somewhat steady for a few years at around $2.00 average a gallon. Colonel could you please do a survey and see what it would be lowering the 44.5 percent, we pay back? It will help the troopers in a big way, at least the one's who work 208. I understand it wont help the one's who don't but quite honestly, i dont know a trooper that doesn't work 208. It's a small amount, but anything helps since we dont get pay raises. Just thinking!!!!

These rates are not set by Col It’s based on the state admin rules. It is the same rate that you are reimbursed if you use your POV for approved work related issues.

Unregistered
07-13-2016, 06:36 PM
It is a rule,rules can be changed.County Sheriffs Deputies in most Counties can use their patrol vehicles for free ,gas and Insurance also NC.After doing 25 years with county and then becoming State LEO I could not believe what the state charges for use of vehicle for 208.....

Even if Col.can not change himself,he can recommend change.....

Unregistered
07-14-2016, 03:11 AM
It is a rule,rules can be changed.County Sheriffs Deputies in most Counties can use their patrol vehicles for free ,gas and Insurance also NC.After doing 25 years with county and then becoming State LEO I could not believe what the state charges for use of vehicle for 208.....

Even if Col.can not change himself,he can recommend change.....
The difference is the patrol doesn't take its share of your hourly earnings like all the Sheriff's offices I have ever seen do.

Unregistered
07-14-2016, 02:22 PM
It will never go down....only up....It's based on the IRS reimbursement rates...