PDA

View Full Version : What we need to do T this point and what GHQ can do for the Troops

Unregistered
07-10-2016, 12:12 AM
With all the hate groups out there directing their anger at white police officers (black lives matter for example) we must take a pro-active approach to protect our people. We should acess all of our offices and perform threat assesments. There is equipment that all our Troopers need now. Some of this equipment could be obtained from the military surplus program. An example would be extra AR Magazines, Flak vests with ceramic plates, ballistic helmets, EO-Tec sights for the ARs. Simply providing a minimum amount of AR ammo and a carrier would be nice as well. Please post any ideas you may have. This is a positive post and your serious input and suggestions are welcomed. It's time we come together and help each other.

Unregistered
07-10-2016, 01:28 AM
With all the hate groups out there directing their anger at white police officers (black lives matter for example) we must take a pro-active approach to protect our people. We should acess all of our offices and perform threat assesments. There is equipment that all our Troopers need now. Some of this equipment could be obtained from the military surplus program. An example would be extra AR Magazines, Flak vests with ceramic plates, ballistic helmets, EO-Tec sights for the ARs. Simply providing a minimum amount of AR ammo and a carrier would be nice as well. Please post any ideas you may have. This is a positive post and your serious input and suggestions are welcomed. It's time we come together and help each other.

This is truly wishful thinking and I really dont think GHQ gives 2 f___ks if one of us dies but what we need are m-4s with eotech or aimpoint sights. Plate carriers with ESAPI plates and MICH helmets. The academy also needs to include a portion on active shooter situations as well as employment of the plate carriers and kevlar helmets. We also need for the FHP rifle school to be redesigned because that academy rifle class was not based on proven tactics. Lining up and waking forward like the civil war will get you killed. The dallas shooter was using cover and concealment as well as fire and maneuver tactics. Troopers should be taught how to counter those tactics. Buddy rushes and how to tactically advance on an active shooter in the open.But wtf could I possibly know im just a stupid worthless road trooper who doesnt write enough tickets .

Unregistered
07-10-2016, 07:50 AM
Are they still making you buy your own ARs? If so, enough said.

Unregistered
07-10-2016, 02:26 PM
Florida and the nation, need to look at cost of law enforcement needing to work off duty, overtime, and second jobs to afford a decent living. Lack of sleep and proper rest because wages are so low is a contributing factor to bad decisions making in any profession not including a high stressfull profession. These issues need to be addressed but this state is run by republican and the words taxing is a bad thing. So I agree, no raises, and no step plan. If you want money from Florida's republican-run legislators, beg but still cut ten percent off your budget. You want a raise promote. Disband.

Unregistered
07-10-2016, 03:26 PM
Florida and the nation, need to look at cost of law enforcement needing to work off duty, overtime, and second jobs to afford a decent living. Lack of sleep and proper rest because wages are so low is a contributing factor to bad decisions making in any profession not including a high stressfull profession. These issues need to be addressed but this state is run by republican and the words taxing is a bad thing. So I agree, no raises, and no step plan. If you want money from Florida's republican-run legislators, beg but still cut ten percent off your budget. You want a raise promote. Disband.

We, the people, do not like taxes. Get over it.

Unregistered
07-10-2016, 03:42 PM
This is truly wishful thinking and I really dont think GHQ gives 2 f___ks if one of us dies but what we need are m-4s with eotech or aimpoint sights. Plate carriers with ESAPI plates and MICH helmets. The academy also needs to include a portion on active shooter situations as well as employment of the plate carriers and kevlar helmets. We also need for the FHP rifle school to be redesigned because that academy rifle class was not based on proven tactics. Lining up and waking forward like the civil war will get you killed. The dallas shooter was using cover and concealment as well as fire and maneuver tactics. Troopers should be taught how to counter those tactics. Buddy rushes and how to tactically advance on an active shooter in the open.But wtf could I possibly know im just a stupid worthless road trooper who doesnt write enough tickets .

If you really believe that your command doesn't care about your life and well being, you are sadly mistaken. The Colonel and other command staff must make decisions everyday that affect your safety and the safety of the people we serve. Your safety is paramount and always on their minds. Yes, you are expected to work. But no one wants any trooper hurt or worse.
Rather than just venting here, send your recommendations up to the Academy and the Colonel. Training can be revised and adapted. Equipment must be funded through the legislative process or through the federal surplus property program.
Command isn't perfect, but they are trying to make things better.

Unregistered
07-10-2016, 09:22 PM

How about investing in yourself. I worked off duty to purchase my M-4, eotech, ballistic helmet and a TAC Vest. I decided not to by that BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, infinity or some monster truck or a boat or an ATV.

My wife and kids want me home every night, I could give a flying **** whether the state will by the stuff I may need so I can go home to my family. There is only some much in the budget and when does it stop. Do not depend on others to give you anything. My next thing is a $700.00 light weight level- IV active shooter vest.

Unregistered
07-10-2016, 10:03 PM
How about investing in yourself. I worked off duty to purchase my M-4, eotech, ballistic helmet and a TAC Vest. I decided not to by that BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, infinity or some monster truck or a boat or an ATV.

My wife and kids want me home every night, I could give a flying **** whether the state will by the stuff I may need so I can go home to my family. There is only some much in the budget and when does it stop. Do not depend on others to give you anything. My next thing is a $700.00 light weight level- IV active shooter vest.

Please explain how an active shooter vest is a wise investment for a Trooper.

Unregistered
07-10-2016, 10:10 PM

Well said sir

Unregistered
07-11-2016, 12:52 AM
If you really believe that your command doesn't care about your life and well being, you are sadly mistaken. The Colonel and other command staff must make decisions everyday that affect your safety and the safety of the people we serve. Your safety is paramount and always on their minds. Yes, you are expected to work. But no one wants any trooper hurt or worse.
Rather than just venting here, send your recommendations up to the Academy and the Colonel. Training can be revised and adapted. Equipment must be funded through the legislative process or through the federal surplus property program.
Command isn't perfect, but they are trying to make things better.

Most stuff going bottom up the chain gets cut short about half way there and never make it. Someone in the chain decides it's not a good idea a trashes the whole thing instead of not recommending and sending it on up.

I don't think that field recommendations from a trooper would get any serious consideration from the current academy or agency leadership anyway.

Unregistered
07-11-2016, 02:03 AM
Please explain how an active shooter vest is a wise investment for a Trooper.

Some people can't put a price on their own personal safety -- or returning home to their family.

Investing in yourself and your protection is a wise investment.

Unregistered
07-11-2016, 03:12 AM
Some people can't put a price on their own personal safety -- or returning home to their family.

Investing in yourself and your protection is a wise investment.

I asked specifically why investing in an active shooter vest would be a good investment for a Trooper. The OP listed a litany of other equipment which I can understand would be helpful, but then he wrote "My next thing is a $700.00 light weight level- IV active shooter vest."

Such a purchase for a Trooper seems incredibly unnecessary. As FSU Library and Pulse have demonstrated, FHP won't be responding to active shooters in progress. Either A. The primary agency won't ask us (FSU Library) or B. The primary agency will ask us, and we'll refuse (Pulse)

Since our contribution to active shooter response seems to be confined to blocking roads while the investigators work the scene, it seems like sunscreen and Dr. Scholl's inserts would be a much better investment than a "$700.00 light weight level- IV active shooter vest"

Unregistered
07-11-2016, 03:30 AM

That will be heavy to wear while directing traffic which is all FHP did after the fact on the last active shooter. x66, x65 sig 4. FHP did not respond to officers and citizens in distress. Shameful and embarrasing.

Want all that gear join an SO or PD to become a real cop. Glorified Community Officers who are AAA with a badge do not need level 4 balistic vests.

You are welcome in advance for being told how it is.

Unregistered
07-12-2016, 01:38 AM
I asked specifically why investing in an active shooter vest would be a good investment for a Trooper. The OP listed a litany of other equipment which I can understand would be helpful, but then he wrote "My next thing is a $700.00 light weight level- IV active shooter vest."

Such a purchase for a Trooper seems incredibly unnecessary. As FSU Library and Pulse have demonstrated, FHP won't be responding to active shooters in progress. Either A. The primary agency won't ask us (FSU Library) or B. The primary agency will ask us, and we'll refuse (Pulse)

Since our contribution to active shooter response seems to be confined to blocking roads while the investigators work the scene, it seems like sunscreen and Dr. Scholl's inserts would be a much better investment than a "$700.00 light weight level- IV active shooter vest"

Blah, Blah, Blah... What a tool!

Unregistered
07-12-2016, 01:48 AM
Blah, Blah, Blah... What a tool!

Pointing out the reality of a situation makes me a tool? Tell me what was untrue about the post you cited. I cited specific facts about FHP's response to the two most recent active shooter scenarios in Florida.

Unregistered
07-12-2016, 03:34 AM
Pointing out the reality of a situation makes me a tool? Tell me what was untrue about the post you cited. I cited specific facts about FHP's response to the two most recent active shooter scenarios in Florida.

I am not the original poster, but It appears that your experience is limited. 4 months ago FHP was the first to respond to an active shooter at a school in Jax. The Pulse incident was a comm center issue. I do not understand why you would give a trooper a difficult time because he wants to spend his own money to give him more protection. Gezzz

Unregistered
07-12-2016, 12:50 PM

It's not that FHP won't respond to something like that. An OCRCC dispatcher screwed up and closed out the call and didn't send anyone. She (Erin) didn't know what to do.

Unregistered
07-12-2016, 05:29 PM
It's not that FHP won't respond to something like that. An OCRCC dispatcher screwed up and closed out the call and didn't send anyone. She (Erin) didn't know what to do.

You want us to believe that FHP didn't respond to the worst terror attack on US soil in 15 years because one dispatcher didn't know what to do?

Unregistered
07-12-2016, 06:24 PM
You want us to believe that FHP didn't respond to the worst terror attack on US soil in 15 years because one dispatcher didn't know what to do?

Doesn't matter what you believe. It's the truth, can't respond to something you don't know about.

Unregistered
07-12-2016, 08:02 PM

Yes, Erin Dockery BOLOed it out and closed it out. When a trooper went 10-51, she canceled him and sent him to a sig 4 at disney world. Sgt. L. Lawrence wasn't even notified about it until long after. It wasn't until after the fact that the dayshift lieutenant asked about it and we responded and it was too late. We didn't get there until after 10 o'clock that day. OPD called us over intercity when it happened and she never sent anyone.

Unregistered
07-12-2016, 08:40 PM
"it seems like sunscreen and Dr. Scholl's inserts would be a much better investment"

You can be angry, but that's the funniest thing I've read anywhere all day.

Unregistered
07-12-2016, 11:09 PM
Yes, E D BOLOed it out and closed it out. When a trooper went 10-51, she canceled him and sent him to a sig 4 at disney world. Sgt. L. Lawrence wasn't even notified about it until long after. It wasn't until after the fact that the dayshift lieutenant asked about it and we responded and it was too late. We didn't get there until after 10 o'clock that day. OPD called us over intercity when it happened and she never sent anyone.

So this is the person they are using as a scapegoat.
I call BULL.
If the TWS was notified why did it take till 10AM for someone to show up. Someone dropped the ball and the easiest person to blame is dispatch. Piss poor Supervisor whom only cares about his people writing tickets and clearing crashes.

Everyone knows the TWS is responsible and screwed up, but instead of saying he screwed up blame the dispatcher.

Pathetic and Embarrassing!!

Unregistered
07-15-2016, 07:35 PM
So this is the person they are using as a scapegoat.
I call BULL.
If the TWS was notified why did it take till 10AM for someone to show up. Someone dropped the ball and the easiest person to blame is dispatch. Piss poor Supervisor whom only cares about his people writing tickets and clearing crashes.

Everyone knows the TWS is responsible and screwed up, but instead of saying he screwed up blame the dispatcher.

Pathetic and Embarrassing!!

Agreed. I am done with this so called POLICE agency.