PDA

View Full Version : Miami Police Current & Future Applicants

Pages : [1] 2

Unregistered
05-19-2016, 12:22 AM
I just wanted to start a new thread, so we can communicate better about our current process and for future applicants to get a better insight on how the process is and what it takes to be MPD proud! ;)

- Yours truly,
Future MPD Officer/K9

Unregistered
05-19-2016, 01:24 AM
I just wanted to start a new thread, so we can communicate better about our current process and for future applicants to get a better insight on how the process is and what it takes to be MPD proud! ;)

- Yours truly,
Future MPD Officer/K9

Future k9 officer? You don't even work here. And unless you have family here good luck

Unregistered
05-19-2016, 01:42 AM
Future k9 officer? You don't even work here. And unless you have family here good luck

That's okay I'll get my experience and go elsewhere. K9 is my dream job.

Future LEO
05-19-2016, 02:38 AM
Process going good so far for some people going through the background investigation. Just like they say, no news is good news. Just keep on doing your cardio if you are going through the process and be patient.

Unregistered
05-19-2016, 06:38 AM
Signed my offer last week and doing the medical this week and I'm done.

Unregistered
05-19-2016, 10:28 AM
Signed my offer last week and doing the medical this week and I'm done.
Papo, good luck passing the drug test, what with all that weed you've smoked.

Unregistered
05-19-2016, 12:58 PM
I applied in March, been doing cardio since and soon I'm starting a crossfit program. Hopefully that helps... :-/

Unregistered
05-19-2016, 01:51 PM
Papo, good luck passing the drug test, what with all that weed you've smoked.

I don't smoke papo

Unregistered
05-19-2016, 01:59 PM
Get your certificate and RUN. This department will lie to you from day 1 and you will be paid shit and treated like shit and work for neighborhoods that are shit. MIAMIDADE gets 5-10 % extra for K9. Here you get a bag of dog food a month. That's it. So RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN

Unregistered
05-19-2016, 02:39 PM
Get your certificate and RUN. This department will lie to you from day 1 and you will be paid shit and treated like shit and work for neighborhoods that are shit. MIAMIDADE gets 5-10 % extra for K9. Here you get a bag of dog food a month. That's it. So RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN

Really? I know a guy that started there not too long ago and was giving a decent area to patrol. Back in the days your rookie days was the monkey jungle... and supposedly he doesn't know anyone in the inside.

Unregistered
05-19-2016, 10:27 PM
March Applicants wake up!!! Any call/email yet?

Unregistered
05-20-2016, 01:04 AM
The latest is they will only be hiring "Certified LEO's " from other departments Nationwide ! This is to save money, thousands saved on each position, so good luck, no more unqualified recruits, pre certified, and experienced cops only !
Sorry Charlie :-(

Unregistered
05-20-2016, 10:51 AM
The latest is they will only be hiring "Certified LEO's " from other departments Nationwide ! This is to save money, thousands saved on each position, so good luck, no more unqualified recruits, pre certified, and experienced cops only !
Sorry Charlie :-(

For the bullshit mpd pays? Tu ta loco.

Unregistered
05-20-2016, 02:19 PM
Crossfit program. The papiers can help you with that. Go fine sgt Natalie Martinez. Hopeful you like three some. You can be the four some.

Unregistered
05-20-2016, 06:59 PM
What happened to the 800 applicants that attended orientation in February 2015? Has anyone from that group started an academy?

Unregistered
05-20-2016, 07:16 PM
What happened to the 800 applicants that attended orientation in February 2015? Has anyone from that group started an academy?

Certified hires ONLY ! Thats the latest from the 4 th floor, they don't want to pay all that money, and you don't work out, got it !!!!!

Unregistered
05-20-2016, 07:27 PM

We are still here going through the process the next class is in June. The peeps that I know are 90% done most of them need the medical or the offer

Unregistered
05-21-2016, 02:48 PM
I applied in march and I'm currently trying to get in shape... last night for the first time since high school and I'm in my 40's, I went to a local track to run... WoW! I was beat when I was done. Are all local tracks the same? Geez the one at flamingo park looked huge!!! Conclusion, I need a whole lot of running training still. :-/ How these people do it?!? How long did it take you guys to get in full shape for the PAT?

Thanks!

Unregistered
05-21-2016, 09:38 PM
I applied in march and I'm currently trying to get in shape... last night for the first time since high school and I'm in my 40's, I went to a local track to run... WoW! I was beat when I was done. Are all local tracks the same? Geez the one at flamingo park looked huge!!! Conclusion, I need a whole lot of running training still. :-/ How these people do it?!? How long did it take you guys to get in full shape for the PAT?

Thanks!

If you know one of the testing officer's you'll pass automatically. Trust me!!!

Unregistered
05-22-2016, 01:12 AM

Thanks!

It doesn't take long to get into minimum shape for the PAT. Just pace yourself and gradually increase your distance. Start off with doing 2 to 3 laps around the track and increase a lap after each week. You have to complete 6 laps around the track at the required time for your age. Trust me, I haven't worked out in over 5 years and I started my run 3 weeks before my PAT and I was able to pass it. I am in my late 30's. Now, I am running a mile under 7 minutes while running 4 to 5 miles a day. Do not let the young recruits discourage you.

Good luck!

Unregistered
05-22-2016, 12:22 PM

- Yours truly,
Future MPD Officer/K9

Hey Asshole, you have to make it through the process first. Good luck, the average is one hired for every 100 who applied. So, you have a 99% chance of ****ing up along the way. Keep dreaming!!

Unregistered
05-22-2016, 05:51 PM
Hey Asshole, you have to make it through the process first. Good luck, the average is one hired for every 100 who applied. So, you have a 99% chance of ****ing up along the way. Keep dreaming!!

I know a few who made it and ****ed it while in the academy or a few years later in the force and are now sitting in prison or working at some shitty low paid job, so what difference does it make, asshole? Keep trying kid!

Unregistered
05-23-2016, 04:54 PM
Any March applicants with any new news?

Unregistered
05-24-2016, 03:44 PM
If you're looking for a guaranteed certification and quick hiring process, then apply to Atlanta PD! Mayor just freed up money to hire 300 officers before the end of 2016. I applied In March and just got my papers signed off by the chief! Will be moving in 2 weeks to work in the headquarters until I'm called to the academy class. I'll be receiving officer pay and benefits while working a civilian job. I encourage you all to check out www.joinatlantapd.org and check out out. I, too, got tired of MIAMI PD and all the games they played with applicants. Please comment or reply if you have any questions and I'll be more than happy to help. Good luck!

Unregistered
05-24-2016, 04:25 PM
If you're looking for a guaranteed certification and quick hiring process, then apply to Atlanta PD! Mayor just freed up money to hire 300 officers before the end of 2016. I applied In March and just got my papers signed off by the chief! Will be moving in 2 weeks to work in the headquarters until I'm called to the academy class. I'll be receiving officer pay and benefits while working a civilian job. I encourage you all to check out www.joinatlantapd.org and check out out. I, too, got tired of MIAMI PD and all the games they played with applicants. Please comment or reply if you have any questions and I'll be more than happy to help. Good luck!

What's the process like?

Unregistered
05-24-2016, 04:52 PM
I applied in March, been doing cardio since and soon I'm starting a crossfit program. Hopefully that helps... :-/

Cross fit hugh? Homo.

Unregistered
05-24-2016, 07:30 PM

That's funny, they are always hiring. Better look at their turnover rate before you make that commitment. It is a reason why they advertising in different state other then their own.

Unregistered
05-24-2016, 11:56 PM
Cross fit hugh? Homo.

Okay fat guy keep eating your pastelitos and croquetas at isla canaria.

Unregistered
05-25-2016, 02:48 AM

LOL ! You must be joking, your dept is one of the easiest ones to get hired, ha ha ha, just look at the size of some of the Parade Floats you have at MPD, ha ha ha , LOOK ---- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BusmB726_tU

Not to mention the crooks you have hired, like that guy Javi, they keep talking about on here. What a joke, I'm applying for Ft Lauderdale anyhow, I've given up on this cess pool !

Unregistered
05-25-2016, 03:30 AM
LOL ! You must be joking, your dept is one of the easiest ones to get hired, ha ha ha, just look at the size of some of the Parade Floats you have at MPD, ha ha ha , LOOK ---- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BusmB726_tU

Not to mention the crooks you have hired, like that guy Javi, they keep talking about on here. What a joke, I'm applying for Ft Lauderdale anyhow, I've given up on this cess pool !

In that case, Godspeed, pal! I applied on March 24th and I am patiently waiting. For Miami is where I want to serve a cause greater than myself.

101st Airborne Division, 1st Battalion, 327th Infantry Regiment veteran.

MPD, here am I, call me!

Unregistered
05-25-2016, 03:58 AM
In that case, Godspeed, pal! I applied on March 24th and I am patiently waiting. For Miami is where I want to serve a cause greater than myself.

101st Airborne Division, 1st Battalion, 327th Infantry Regiment veteran.

MPD, here am I, call me!

Oh boy, here we go, another one that wants to Save the World, when will these people learn ? BTW buddy here you don't know who your enemy is, and you MUST account for everything you do. Best you join the county

Unregistered
05-25-2016, 12:02 PM
MPD doesn't hire too many veterans only if you're under the F&F plan. Good luck!

Unregistered
05-25-2016, 04:43 PM
Oh boy, here we go, another one that wants to Save the World, when will these people learn ? BTW buddy here you don't know who your enemy is, and you MUST account for everything you do. Best you join the county

In that case, why don't you resign so I can take your place? And no, not "Save the World" just do the best I can while on duty to provide a presence that will ensure the area I will be assigned might be free from crime and the fear of crime. In the end all we can do is try and be accountable for our actions, no?

Good luck to you should decide to join the County!

Unregistered
05-26-2016, 12:50 AM
In that case, why don't you resign so I can take your place? And no, not "Save the World" just do the best I can while on duty to provide a presence that will ensure the area I will be assigned might be free from crime and the fear of crime. In the end all we can do is try and be accountable for our actions, no?

Should you decide to join the County, Good luck to you!

Poster's self-editing [/I]

Unregistered
05-26-2016, 07:29 AM

So lets get this right, and I quote :
" While I'm on duty, to provide a presence that will ensure the area I will be assigned might be free from crime and the fear of crime . " Unquote.

LOL, were you injured ,possibly blown up, IE - shell shock, or a victim of post traumatic disorder, while you were in the army ? Ok Superman, or is it Batman, you really need to put a rubber band on your head sonny, and snap out of it !

Your "Presence will ensure the area is free of crime, and the fear of crime " ? You see folks, this is the type of idiots we will get these days, another Baker act ! NEXT !

Unregistered
05-26-2016, 01:08 PM
So lets get this right, and I quote :
" While I'm on duty, to provide a presence that will ensure the area I will be assigned might be free from crime and the fear of crime . " Unquote.

LOL, were you injured ,possibly blown up, IE - shell shock, or a victim of post traumatic disorder, while you were in the army ? Ok Superman, or is it Batman, you really need to put a rubber band on your head sonny, and snap out of it !

Your "Presence will ensure the area is free of crime, and the fear of crime " ? You see folks, this is the type of idiots we will get these days, another Baker act ! NEXT !

The man wants to be the new Captain Miami, he wants to save Miami. Little does he know is that the CJ system is a joke and for the most part to blame for all these crime which doesn't stop and won't let us do our job and save the city from evil unless we go out and shoot these thugs dead. Once you put the cuffs on that thug, take him to jail, by the time you're done with paper work that thug is back out in the streets doing the same thing. Welcome to reality this isn't a movie like bad boys II or Miami Vice or the TV shows like blue bloods, this is reality papo. You won't save the streets nor would you make them crime free. The court system is a money making machine, without recidivism they wouldn't survive. Good luck and go home safe it's not worth your life...

Unregistered
05-26-2016, 09:16 PM

Don't worry, idiots like this never make it past the psychological exam.

Unregistered
05-26-2016, 11:49 PM
What's the process like?

*Written Test-COMPASS(can be exempt with SAT or ACT scores
*Physical-super easy! Pushups, sit-ups, and 5 minutes walking
*Background Investigation
*CVSA
*Medical
*Psychological
THATS IT! then wait for your phone call to go to your speciality assignment until your Academy class starts

Unregistered
05-26-2016, 11:56 PM
That's funny, they are always hiring. Better look at their turnover rate before you make that commitment. It is a reason why they advertising in different state other then their own.

Turnover rate is pretty high; same situation that MPD is going through right now. But, what matters is getting your certification and experience to out on your resume. It made more sense for me to put my effort into a department that would hire me in less than 3 months, than a department that would give me the run-around for a year or more. While I'm in the academy and almost certified, some of you guys will just be waiting for a call to start the academy. I want to help anyone avoid making the same mistake I did. The experience you receive in Atlanta in a year will be more than some officers see their entire careers. And the COL in Atlanta is super cheap, so you may move there and grow to love it; I did. Good luck to anyone and everyone who decides to apply. I'll be monitoring the board for anymore questions. :)

Unregistered
05-27-2016, 01:17 AM
I like what I saw in Atlanta when I went on vacation there not too long ago. Let me see what I decide when I'm done with my Bachelors degree. My parents want me to finish my degree before I apply anywhere, can't blame them either, fed jobs want experience and degree, so I might as well focus on finishing this!

Any idea how long it'll take to work in K9 there?

Unregistered
05-27-2016, 01:48 AM
Turnover rate is pretty high; same situation that MPD is going through right now. But, what matters is getting your certification and experience to out on your resume. It made more sense for me to put my effort into a department that would hire me in less than 3 months, than a department that would give me the run-around for a year or more. While I'm in the academy and almost certified, some of you guys will just be waiting for a call to start the academy. I want to help anyone avoid making the same mistake I did. The experience you receive in Atlanta in a year will be more than some officers see their entire careers. And the COL in Atlanta is super cheap, so you may move there and grow to love it; I did. Good luck to anyone and everyone who decides to apply. I'll be monitoring the board for anymore questions. :)

Good luck to you. I am almost in so I don't want to start my process over and I know I would have to make a trip up there to take certain exams.

Unregistered
05-28-2016, 08:29 AM
Any March applicants with any new news?

I just got an email yesterday from somebody in HR saying that I am eligible.

Unregistered
05-28-2016, 01:37 PM
I just got an email yesterday from somebody in HR saying that I am eligible.

Me too... now my fitness level at this point that's another story. :-/ working on it everyday.

Unregistered
05-29-2016, 05:18 AM
I like what I saw in Atlanta when I went on vacation there not too long ago. Let me see what I decide when I'm done with my Bachelors degree. My parents want me to finish my degree before I apply anywhere, can't blame them either, fed jobs want experience and degree, so I might as well focus on finishing this!

Any idea how long it'll take to work in K9 there?

I agree'!!! Take your parent advice and finish your degree. It's better to finish now because once you start working and make money, school will be on the back burner. Having that Bachelors will make you look that much more attractive to the Feds and other agencies on any level.

And as far as K9 or any speciality untils, you have to wait one year from date of graduation from the academy. There are a ton of retirements and attrition taking place at the department, so I'm pretty sure you'll land an awesome gig in no time.

Unregistered
05-29-2016, 11:51 PM
Well, I am getting close.

Unregistered
05-30-2016, 12:48 AM
Just keep working you will eventually get to the physical condition you want to be in

Unregistered
05-31-2016, 04:26 PM
Make sure you are drinking enough water to stay hydrated. This summer weather is no joke at all.

Unregistered
05-31-2016, 08:22 PM
Yes sir or ma'am! Thanks.

Unregistered
05-31-2016, 10:11 PM

Have you seen how many Negroes are in Atlanta ? They're everywhere !!! At least here in Miami, they basically know their place, and stay in their rotten, crime ridden ghetto hovels.

But in Atlanta, they are everywhere, because they think they are equal to the white man, so they move into white neighborhoods , and have good paying jobs ! No not me, I like the system here in S Florida, keep em in their part of town, keep em under paid , so they have to remain there, and I'm happy :-)

Unregistered
06-01-2016, 03:32 PM
Have they scheduled the June class already? I know they have another academy starting in September 2016, not sure if that's for the March applicants or the one's who have passed the process already? Any info?

Unregistered
06-02-2016, 04:03 PM
Is it required to select FOP?

Unregistered
06-02-2016, 04:44 PM
Have you seen how many Negroes are in Atlanta ? They're everywhere !!! At least here in Miami, they basically know their place, and stay in their rotten, crime ridden ghetto hovels.

But in Atlanta, they are everywhere, because they think they are equal to the white man, so they move into white neighborhoods , and have good paying jobs ! No not me, I like the system here in S Florida, keep em in their part of town, keep em under paid , so they have to remain there, and I'm happy :-)

Moron recruit moved to Atlanta ???

Unregistered
06-03-2016, 10:04 AM

Mayor regalado I had no clue you were on these boards

Unregistered
06-04-2016, 12:41 AM
There were a lot of recruits taking their medical exams this week. I guess they are getting ramped up for the next class.

Unregistered
06-04-2016, 03:04 AM
There were a lot of recruits taking their medical exams this week. I guess they are getting ramped up for the next class.

That exam is the last step in the process?

Unregistered
06-04-2016, 01:13 PM
That exam is the last step in the process?

Yup, now just have to wait to hear if you are in or not.

Unregistered
06-04-2016, 04:41 PM
Yup, now just have to wait to hear if you are in or not.

Okay thanks!

Unregistered
06-04-2016, 05:29 PM
Man, soooo many young recruits out there. I saw the list at the medical exam office and 80% of the recruits are under 26 years old.

Unregistered
06-04-2016, 07:00 PM
Man, soooo many young recruits out there. I saw the list at the medical exam office and 80% of the recruits are under 26 years old.

Is that a good or bad thing? I applied the second time around and got the email that I'm eligible to continue the process, so I'm new to this. I'm 36 years old currently almost done with my Bachelor's degree. If I don't get in I'm looking to self-sponsor eventually. Sometimes I consider myself old, but then again I get carded everywhere I go, so I know I don't look my age. :) So for the next class I'll definitely be older than the young ones...

City of Miami Police is my dream department! Any idea if Miami Police offers internship programs or volunteers? I know MDPD does, but I really like the City better - I used to be an explorer for the City back in the late 90's!

Unregistered
06-04-2016, 11:22 PM
the other day i saw a young recruit respond to a shop lifting call in my store, this kid showed up could not have been more than 21 years old looked like my son, was probably 130 pounds soaking wet. his duty belt was so big on him that it was sagging down his ass, its a shame because im sure hes a good kid but i know for a fact that if that kid got into an altercation with a criminal there is no way that kid can handle himself physically. Yea its a shame that all they want to hire is 22 year old that have an associates degree in network engineering.

Unregistered
06-05-2016, 12:46 AM
Is that a good or bad thing? I applied the second time around and got the email that I'm eligible to continue the process, so I'm new to this. I'm 36 years old currently almost done with my Bachelor's degree. If I don't get in I'm looking to self-sponsor eventually. Sometimes I consider myself old, but then again I get carded everywhere I go, so I know I don't look my age. :) So for the next class I'll definitely be older than the young ones...

City of Miami Police is my dream department! Any idea if Miami Police offers internship programs or volunteers? I know MDPD does, but I really like the City better - I used to be an explorer for the City back in the late 90's!

Just be prepare because the younger ones will want to speed up on a lot of thing during PT and make the older ones look like they shouldn't joined. Continue working out and be in the best possible shape you can be once you get in. There will always be hot head young recruits and sometimes they will need a older recruit to keep them in place.

Unregistered
06-05-2016, 12:52 AM
the other day i saw a young recruit respond to a shop lifting call in my store, this kid showed up could not have been more than 21 years old looked like my son, was probably 130 pounds soaking wet. his duty belt was so big on him that it was sagging down his ass, its a shame because im sure hes a good kid but i know for a fact that if that kid got into an altercation with a criminal there is no way that kid can handle himself physically. Yea its a shame that all they want to hire is 22 year old that have an associates degree in network engineering.

This is what the department is coming to. I recalled where you had to be at least 26 years old to get in but now everyone wants to use the F&F plan to get the young ones in. It's sad how things change around here. Rookies training rookies.

Unregistered
06-05-2016, 05:58 AM
This is what the department is coming to. I recalled where you had to be at least 26 years old to get in but now everyone wants to use the F&F plan to get the young ones in. It's sad how things change around here. Rookies training rookies.

I don't judge a police officer by his or her height or physique; ultimately it is his or her mettle that matters when one must dance with the devil. Among the 'Barney Fifes' who may have applied this past March, surely there are US Armed Forces veterans who match the physical requirements of decades past. Miami must expedite its selection process or risk quality candidates, who first chose Miami as their primary choice, going to the MDPD or other agencies.

Unregistered
06-05-2016, 11:26 AM
Miami Police process it's applicants pretty quickly compared to MDPD which takes forever to do so. I also read somewhere BDO can take up to only 3 months then to the academy you go! Those must be the 20 year olds with no life experience what so ever getting through the process in just 3 months! Geezuz! At my age it'll take a year, at least.

Unregistered
06-05-2016, 11:28 AM
Miami Police process it's applicants pretty quickly compared to MDPD which takes forever to do so. I also read somewhere BDO can take up to only 3 months then to the academy you go! Those must be the 20 year olds with no life experience what so ever getting through the process in just 3 months! Geezuz! At my age it'll take a year, at least.

Typo BSO* I apologize

Unregistered
06-05-2016, 12:48 PM
I don't judge a police officer by his or her height or physique; ultimately it is his or her mettle that matters when one must dance with the devil. Among the 'Barney Fifes' who may have applied this past March, surely there are US Armed Forces veterans who match the physical requirements of decades past. Miami must expedite its selection process or risk quality candidates, who first chose Miami as their primary choice, going to the MDPD or other agencies.

They do not have to expedite their selection process. The only reason why it is quicker this round due to a lot of officers are retiring in the upcoming years. Especially 2017 list is longer than 2016 and 2018. You are talking about over 300 officers reaching their DROP date. Throughout the years prior to this year, the process normally takes appx. 6 to 9 months.

Unregistered
06-05-2016, 01:14 PM

Due to the recent law enforcement events around the U.S.(cops shooting, officers losing their life in the line of duty, corrupts etc.), a lot of potential candidates dropped out of the process. It was difficult for law enforcement agencies to get recruits. Look at MDPD as they posted their hiring notifications multiple times during this year as they are not getting the numbers they need. Other agencies having the same issues. Only recruits they are getting are the ones who are just fresh out of high school or are still in their early 20's.

Unregistered
06-05-2016, 04:47 PM
Does anyone know where I can apply online for the Miami Police Self-sponsor academy? I'm looking for information on their website, but don't see the application to apply?

- Thanks!

Unregistered
06-05-2016, 06:24 PM

Enjoy getting that finger stuck up your ass in the medical because if you make it to the department, you will get much more than a finger up your ass for sure.

Unregistered
06-05-2016, 07:34 PM
Does anyone know where I can apply online for the Miami Police Self-sponsor academy? I'm looking for information on their website, but don't see the application to apply?

- Thanks!

Miami Police Academy Registrar's Office
Telephone: (305) 603-6616

Unregistered
06-05-2016, 08:43 PM
Miami Police Academy Registrar's Office
Telephone: (305) 603-6616

Thank you.

Unregistered
06-06-2016, 03:29 PM
Has any Non-Cert applicant from The Feb-2016 pool advanced into an academy or received a start date?

Unregistered
06-06-2016, 09:45 PM
Has any Non-Cert applicant from The Feb-2016 pool advanced into an academy or received a start date?

Negative, they still processing the November applicants I believe which completed their last step in the process last week, so keep your fingers crossed our time should come soon!

Unregistered
06-07-2016, 09:01 AM
Negative, they still processing the November applicants I believe which completed their last step in the process last week, so keep your fingers crossed our time should come soon!

Get a real job, go apply at Miami Beach, this place is now being run by incompetent monkeys, like Dennis "Lexus Jackson so do you really want to work in a zoo ?

Unregistered
06-07-2016, 02:02 PM
What about those that had orientation in February?
Have those started in the Academy?

Unregistered
06-07-2016, 02:14 PM
What about those that had orientation in February?
Have those started in the Academy?

Read the previous post, they are still going through the process.

Unregistered
06-07-2016, 08:26 PM
Perfect time to practice your cardio in the rain because once you are in the academy; you will be doing PT in it.

Unregistered
06-08-2016, 01:30 AM
What are the chances of getting hired with something on your background? I read the article of Miami hiring bad cops... and I'm no where near of what those officers have, but do have something which I never knew I had since it was a civil issue and was never notified, yet dismissed. Now I find it on a quick search after 15 years. Gotta love the CJ system.... :-/

Unregistered
06-08-2016, 05:34 PM
Do MPD still draft from previous shifts if they do not have enough officers to cover the next shift?

Unregistered
06-08-2016, 06:12 PM
First of all, good luck with your application!
l have applied on March and l got an email 1 week ago says l am eligible and will be contacted soon.
Does anyone have gone further that just receiving an email?

- Yours truly,
Future MPD Officer/K9

Unregistered
06-08-2016, 06:21 PM
Has anyone from March application called for orientation or too soon for that? l just got an email states l am eligible thats all?
any news? let us know please.

Good luck to you all.

Regards

Unregistered
06-08-2016, 06:59 PM
March Applicants wake up!!! Any call/email yet?

l have gotten an email last week. But l am an noncertified applicant but everybody says ONLY CERTIFIED applicant.. l guess we have no chance to get in.!

Unregistered
06-08-2016, 07:59 PM
How MAD DOG doing?

Unregistered
06-08-2016, 11:39 PM
I got the email too... whatever if it doesn't happen either way I'm self sponsoring myself next year after I'm done with my Bachelors degree at MDC, no worries! Then I can apply just about anywhere that pleases me.

Unregistered
06-08-2016, 11:43 PM
What are the chances of getting hired with something on your background? I read the article of Miami hiring bad cops... and I'm no where near of what those officers have, but do have something which I never knew I had since it was a civil issue and was never notified, yet dismissed. Now I find it on a quick search after 15 years. Gotta love the CJ system.... :-/

I know officers who been hired with all sorts of stuff, just be honest and truthful... the worse thing that happen is they say, no, but don't give up... in Palm Beach they look at the length of time it has passed and if it was dismissed and what you done with your life afterwards and if there was no action against you, you're good. We are all humans and mistakes happen. Dale!

Unregistered
06-09-2016, 04:11 PM
Any new updates on the process?

Unregistered
06-09-2016, 10:58 PM
Any new updates on the process?

When you apply?

Unregistered
06-09-2016, 11:21 PM
Do MPD still draft from previous shifts if they do not have enough officers to cover the next shift?

Yes... With a 6-hour maximum. So you will come out working a 16-day if volunteering or forced to be held over. Weekends are the worst when it comes to call-outs because the rookies are disgruntled and want weekends off at any costs. Good luck with your process!

Unregistered
06-10-2016, 02:20 AM
Yes... With a 6-hour maximum. So you will come out working a 16-day if volunteering or forced to be held over. Weekends are the worst when it comes to call-outs because the rookies are disgruntled and want weekends off at any costs. Good luck with your process!

Wow, good to know this. Thanks.

Unregistered
06-10-2016, 01:42 PM

Does it goes by seniority when getting drafted to the next shift if no one volunteer?

Unregistered
06-12-2016, 03:20 PM
I want to congratulate the recruits who made it to the next academy class. One of my friends who was going through the process made it in.

Unregistered
06-13-2016, 01:07 AM
I want to congratulate the recruits who made it to the next academy class. One of my friends who was going through the process made it in.

So when is the academy?

Unregistered
06-13-2016, 04:46 PM
Has anyone else got the call or any news?

Thanks

Unregistered
06-13-2016, 04:51 PM
I can't speak for everyone here, but I at least haven't received a call or any news since my polygraph. And I also know many others in the process who still waiting on a call.

Unregistered
06-13-2016, 07:37 PM
I am still waiting too.

Unregistered
06-13-2016, 08:15 PM
I can't speak for everyone here, but I at least haven't received a call or any news since my polygraph. And I also know many others in the process who still waiting on a call.

Are you certified of non-certified?? I'm certified and I haven't heard from them since they came for a neighborhood canvas about two months ago... Seems like they just stopped everyone's process....i'm not sure what to think anymore. On to the next I guess.

Unregistered
06-13-2016, 08:32 PM
Are you certified of non-certified?? I'm certified and I haven't heard from them since they came for a neighborhood canvas about two months ago... Seems like they just stopped everyone's process....i'm not sure what to think anymore. On to the next I guess.

See your CERTIFIED and they still don't want you ? To hell with MPD I'm going to Ft Lauderdale or BSO !!!

Unregistered
06-13-2016, 09:13 PM
See your CERTIFIED and they still don't want you ? To hell with MPD I'm going to Ft Lauderdale or BSO !!!

You self entitled dummies act like we at Mpd need you. I got news for you douche bags... not a soul here cares where you apply to. Just as not a soul here cares if you make it on to this department. You need to wake up from this little dream and quit acting like we owe you something. You are only right about one thing.. we don't want you and we sure as hell don't need you or this bullshit self entitled attitude the major of you have so openly displayed here
- current Mpd k-9 officer

Unregistered
06-13-2016, 09:34 PM

I don't care where I end up...just wanna get my certification activated then put In a couple of years then move on to something better...

Unregistered
06-14-2016, 01:01 AM
Friends and family only get hired here... sorry boys and girls!!!

And to the "current K9 officer" papo, that attitude of yours towards applicants who want to serve the community is wrong... I really doubt someone in a specialize unit has time to get on here and talk crap. Wannabe.

Unregistered
06-14-2016, 01:03 AM
There are many other departments hiring at the moment, why just focus at MPD???

MPD is garbage they only hire city hall friends... trust me I know one who just got hired. Tremendo borracho y marijuanero... oh well.

Unregistered
06-14-2016, 01:13 AM
Look here kidd, you need to understand how to be patience. If you cannot be patient, then why be a cop. You will not make it through the academy nor out there in the streets when someone cussing you out. Thats why they tell you that the process can take up to 1 year.

Unregistered
06-14-2016, 12:31 PM
When is the next academy?

Unregistered
06-14-2016, 04:54 PM

What is your name so I can check your application status in this process.

Unregistered
06-14-2016, 05:16 PM
The June Academy PAC118 has begun!!!

Word has it... PAC119 will be in August?

Unregistered
06-14-2016, 05:51 PM
There are many other departments hiring at the moment, why just focus at MPD???

MPD is garbage they only hire city hall friends... trust me I know one who just got hired. Tremendo borracho y marijuanero... oh well.

Put the name here. Feel free to do that. I wanna know who the scumbag is that way i 07 him when he 15

Unregistered
06-14-2016, 06:28 PM

https://www.facebook.com/CityofMiamiPoliceDepartment/videos/1090041227753086/

Unregistered
06-14-2016, 06:34 PM

Not sure if that information is accurate.

Unregistered
06-14-2016, 07:56 PM
For the people who applied in April and received an email of eligibility, when will the process begin? Take you time... I'm working out to pass the PAT! :)

Unregistered
06-15-2016, 02:02 AM
Good luck PAC 118! See ya soon!]

Unregistered
06-15-2016, 08:02 PM
Is it true that Miami PD are very short of officers out on the street patrolling? I know that they have a lot of officers retiring within the next 2 to 4 years. But outside of that number, are they short handed?

Thanks

Unregistered
06-15-2016, 09:16 PM
Is it true that Miami PD are very short of officers out on the street patrolling? I know that they have a lot of officers retiring within the next 2 to 4 years. But outside of that number, are they short handed?

Thanks

Yes, every department is short on officers... everyone is hiring...

Unregistered
06-16-2016, 02:19 PM
We are losing more than we can hire.

Unregistered
06-16-2016, 03:34 PM
My best advice, just go back to school and study a STEM career and you can have a regular 9-5 job that pays good money and you will never miss a son baseball game, a wife's birthday, daughter's 15th, etc..., AND you won't be dealing with peoples garbage everyday... it's a good job, benefits are decent, off duty - good extra money (No life), overall the job is good, I'm okay doing it, but it is not what you see on TV or in the movies. I been here 5 years, I have a bachelors degree in Criminal Justice and sometimes I doubt with that decision when I have friends in the tech industry who studied Computer Science related degrees, making two or three times as me and live a less-stressful life and never miss important dates with families. So my best advice, think about it really, REALLY, really hard! I tell people in the streets that ask me about becoming a police officer... I tell them go on a ride along - C shift, on a weekend, and then you see if it's for you or not! Go to your local police station and sign up for a ride along!!! Good luck!

Unregistered
06-16-2016, 06:18 PM
My best advice, just go back to school and study a STEM career and you can have a regular 9-5 job that pays good money and you will never miss a son baseball game, a wife's birthday, daughter's 15th, etc..., AND you won't be dealing with peoples garbage everyday... it's a good job, benefits are decent, off duty - good extra money (No life), overall the job is good, I'm okay doing it, but it is not what you see on TV or in the movies. I been here 5 years, I have a bachelors degree in Criminal Justice and sometimes I doubt with that decision when I have friends in the tech industry who studied Computer Science related degrees, making two or three times as me and live a less-stressful life and never miss important dates with families. So my best advice, think about it really, REALLY, really hard! I tell people in the streets that ask me about becoming a police officer... I tell them go on a ride along - C shift, on a weekend, and then you see if it's for you or not! Go to your local police station and sign up for a ride along!!! Good luck!

I never missed none of my kids games or parties. I am glad that everything takes place in the even or night time. But he/she is right. Request a ride along on a B or C shift. If you are in the city of miami area, request for North or Central station to truly understand if this the career you want to be in.

Unregistered
06-16-2016, 09:16 PM
Anyone else get the email?

Unregistered
06-16-2016, 09:19 PM
Anyone else get the email?

Email received! March applicant.

Unregistered
06-16-2016, 10:01 PM
I never missed none of my kids games or parties. I am glad that everything takes place in the even or night time. But he/she is right. Request a ride along on a B or C shift. If you are in the city of miami area, request for North or Central station to truly understand if this the career you want to be in.

Been there; did that! As an illustration, here is an example: Famous criminal Willie Sutton was once asked why he robbed banks, and his response was simple, eloquent, and humorous: "Because that’s where the money is!"

Similarly, why police agencies must deploy most of their police officers in the urban core? Because that's were most of the crimes; particularly violent crimes are committed! If police agencies are to thwart evil doers, their police officers must go into their 'hoods!'

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/history/famous-cases/willie-sutton

Unregistered
06-16-2016, 11:19 PM
Email received! March applicant.

Congrats! Same here! Woohoo!

Unregistered
06-18-2016, 01:05 AM
Any new updates? I have a friend who is starting soon.

Unregistered
06-18-2016, 05:45 PM
Is this a good place to work ?

Unregistered
06-18-2016, 09:31 PM

A great place to work at!

Unregistered
06-18-2016, 11:27 PM

Not really... unless your under the f&f plan. Me? I got 5 years in and I'm going feds...

Unregistered
06-19-2016, 12:36 PM
Orientation/PAT is the same day now???

Unregistered
06-19-2016, 06:38 PM
Orientation/PAT is the same day now???

Anything possible to speed up the process.

Unregistered
06-19-2016, 11:06 PM

Yes, if you enter and remain in the vocation with a servant's heart, a warrior's spirit and a Jesuit zeal! No, if you are motivated by money and cruising on easy street. Policing, whether at Miami, MDPD -- frankly after these two agencies, most others are just the rest -- is about personal sacrifice for a cause greater than yourself.

Unregistered
06-20-2016, 12:35 AM

I love working here. One of the best departments to work for in the Miami area.

Unregistered
06-20-2016, 09:55 PM
Anyone from the November list hear anything else?

Unregistered
06-20-2016, 10:57 PM
Anyone from the November list hear anything else?

you might hear something soon since they e-mailing orientation/pat to the March applicants, if not that'll be weird that they haven't contacted you without a go or no go?!? good luck keep us updated!

Unregistered
06-20-2016, 11:12 PM
Anyone down to train together for the PAT?

Unregistered
06-20-2016, 11:15 PM
Submit reply

Unregistered
06-21-2016, 12:02 AM
Does anyone have an official next academy start date? I heard July, August, end of June etc.

Unregistered
06-21-2016, 12:14 AM
This "Bastogne Bulldog" just got the e-mail for a rendezvous with destiny! Looking forward to the challenges.

https://www.facebook.com/BastogneBulldogs

Unregistered
06-21-2016, 02:20 AM
This "Bastogne Bulldog" just got the e-mail for a rendezvous with destiny! Looking forward to the challenges.

https://www.facebook.com/BastogneBulldogs

?????? Que esto acere

Unregistered
06-21-2016, 02:38 AM
?????? Que esto acere

Unless you were there and part of it, you cannot understand.

Unregistered
06-21-2016, 10:06 AM
Does anyone have an official next academy start date? I heard July, August, end of June etc.

I told you before, they are ONLY hiring certified to save money ! I work backgrounds , I know.

Unregistered
06-21-2016, 11:26 AM
Anyone down to train together for the PAT?

Oh how cute! "Anyone down to train together for the PAT?" Just what we need in the MPD, another set of faggy boys. You will fit in well with the other queers.

Unregistered
06-21-2016, 11:31 AM
I told you before, they are ONLY hiring certified to save money ! I work backgrounds , I know.

He's right, only certified is the latest, one is a Georgia Trooper ! There just tagging you along, this will never come to fruition, it costs them too much, they can take a certified cop, give em one weeks orientation, and it's 09 , and take a 29 Go elsewhere, your wasting your time here.

Unregistered
06-21-2016, 12:31 PM
That's not true. I got the phone call yesterday to come in Friday for my conditional offer of employment and scheduled for medical and Part "B" of the psych... I'm a non-certified with military background.

Unregistered
06-21-2016, 02:24 PM
These kids writing here are probably rejects that couldn't make it and are here talking garbage.

I personally got an email to start the process now and I'm non-certified.

I have 2 fiends from the November 2015 applicant pool who have been through the entire process and they are non certified, non military, college degree and they are pretty much in already to begin the academy. So STFU!

Unregistered
06-21-2016, 08:23 PM

Unregistered
06-21-2016, 11:46 PM

Real Soon....

Unregistered
06-22-2016, 05:29 AM
These kids writing here are probably rejects that couldn't make it and are here talking garbage.

I personally got an email to start the process now and I'm non-certified.

I have 2 fiends from the November 2015 applicant pool who have been through the entire process and they are non certified, non military, college degree and they are pretty much in already to begin the academy. So STFU!

You have 2 fiends? So you're a drug dealer? Ooh boy I bet your background investigator will want to know about that!

Unregistered
06-22-2016, 05:37 AM
I have some sincere advice for the new applicants and I want them to take what I have to say VERY SERIOUSLY. Once you get hired snort a line of coke off everyday before shift...beat your **** furiously like a rabid ape in front of your FTO...seriously beat it as if you were about to die in a plane crash and you wanted one last nut before you died...and every month take off your clothes and run through the station..but make sure you do it after rubbing icy hot on your testicles so you can scream loudly and belligerently...do these things and you will make chief one day that I promise you.

Unregistered
06-22-2016, 08:05 AM
That's not true. I got the phone call yesterday to come in Friday for my conditional offer of employment and scheduled for medical and Part "B" of the psych... I'm a non-certified with military background.

Liar ! I work backgrounds, they are only hiring certified. Regalto has told the dept to hire certified only ref the budget, go elsewhere!

Unregistered
06-22-2016, 11:28 AM
Liar ! I work backgrounds, they are only hiring certified. Regalto has told the dept to hire certified only ref the budget, go elsewhere!

It's true. Only certified at the present time. They are going through he process of getting non-certs ready if and when the ok for an academy class comes down from the city manager. Certified get a four week orientation and then four months with an FTO. My advice, apply elsewhere.

Unregistered
06-22-2016, 05:12 PM
It's true. Only certified at the present time. They are going through he process of getting non-certs ready if and when the ok for an academy class comes down from the city manager. Certified get a four week orientation and then four months with an FTO. My advice, apply elsewhere.

Then tell background and recruitment to cancel the Orientation/PAT July 15 for non certified applicants. ;) otherwise shut up and let me go start my process!

Unregistered
06-22-2016, 05:36 PM
Don't Listen to the haters. They hiring both non and certified... Miami police just put a video on Facebook about the upcoming PAT!

Unregistered
06-22-2016, 06:43 PM
Has the process ended for the November applicants?

Unregistered
06-22-2016, 11:16 PM
For the November applicants who just got accepted, how many other departments did you apply for before? Or is MPD the only department you applied for? I applied for few including MPD recently and got an email for the PAT for Miami Police.

Unregistered
06-23-2016, 02:11 AM
To all the upcoming applicants, the advise that I have for you is to join some type of cross fit program while you are going through the process. Trust me, it will help once you make it through the process. The academy is no joke at all. Just watch the Facebook video of PAC 117 and 118 so you can get a small sample of what you will ordure. Again, I advise you to join cross fit and do your push-ups, sit-ups, swats etc. Unfortunately, I was not prepared and did not make it through. Good luck.

Unregistered
06-23-2016, 04:23 AM
To all the upcoming applicants, the advise that I have for you is to join some type of cross fit program while you are going through the process. Trust me, it will help once you make it through the process. The academy is no joke at all. Just watch the Facebook video of PAC 117 and 118 so you can get a small sample of what you will ordure. Again, I advise you to join cross fit and do your push-ups, sit-ups, swats etc. Unfortunately, I was not prepared and did not make it through. Good luck.

Thank you for that, sir! Never give up!!!

Unregistered
06-23-2016, 04:35 AM
I understand the academy is tough as it should be like the military, but can you tell me again how you passed the PAT and didn't pass the academy due to its fitness rigors? PAT doesn't look easy I also heard a lot of people fail the PAT.

Unregistered
06-23-2016, 04:40 AM
I understand the academy is tough as it should be like the military, but can you tell me again how you passed the PAT and didn't pass the academy due to its fitness rigors? PAT doesn't look easy I also heard a lot of people fail the PAT.
When I went to do my PAT many people couldn't do the push ups or sit ups. So half go weeded out from from two alone. Then the mile and a half leaves only a quarter left.

Unregistered
06-23-2016, 12:28 PM
So in other words, like you said it's better to go prepared than make myself look like a fool. I definitely need some training, I'm on the older side unlike these young men/women. I'll definitely look into crossfit. Thanks again.

Unregistered
06-23-2016, 03:09 PM

Will you try it all over again? or that's it for you?

Unregistered
06-23-2016, 05:50 PM
Any Nov 2015 applicants still waiting for a call to take Medical and psych part 2?

Unregistered
06-23-2016, 06:44 PM
Any Nov 2015 applicants still waiting for a call to take Medical and psych part 2?

I am. I graduated the academy may 2015 and I applied in November 2015. Went to the orientation in February. The process was going well until they completely stop after they did my neighborhood canvas to talk to my neighbor. One of my friend that works for the department told me that once they do the neighborhood check that I would receive the call for the last two steps within the next two week. But I have been waiting well over two months. Seems like everyone and their mother is waiting for those last stop steps. I wonder what's going over there....

Unregistered
06-23-2016, 06:52 PM
I am. I graduated the academy may 2015 and I applied in November 2015. Went to the orientation in February. The process was going well until they completely stop after they did my neighborhood canvas to talk to my neighbor. One of my friend that works for the department told me that once they do the neighborhood check that I would receive the call for the last two steps within the next two week. But I have been waiting well over two months. Seems like everyone and their mother is waiting for those last stop steps. I wonder what's going over there....

Thanks for the reply- I guess no news it's good news like they say. You being certified should be a lot faster in a perfect world. Good luck!

Unregistered
06-23-2016, 06:59 PM
Thanks for the reply- I guess no news it's good news like they say. You being certified should be a lot faster in a perfect world. Good luck!

Everyone is telling that no news is good news line...LOL. The city has a habit of sending disqualification letter way after the fact also. The wait is worst than the whole process.

Unregistered
06-23-2016, 07:01 PM
Everyone is telling that no news is good news line...LOL. The city has a habit of sending disqualification letter way after the fact also. The wait is worst than the whole process.

Completely agree with you. Hopefully that is not the case in this situation. With the amount of officers they need to hire in the next 5 years, we should be ok.

Unregistered
06-23-2016, 07:03 PM

It's weird you guys haven't been contacted when Most if not all November Applicants have been hired and given an Academy date and now come July 15 is the PAT for the new applicants. Maybe you guys should call and ask what's wrong?

Unregistered
06-23-2016, 07:07 PM
It's weird you guys haven't been contacted when Most if not all November Applicants have been hired and given an Academy date and now come July 15 is the PAT for the new applicants. Maybe you guys should call and ask what's wrong?

That is a good idea. BIs don't like to be bothered. However, I don't think all Nov applicants have been hired. A lot of them seem to still be waiting for a call.

Unregistered
06-23-2016, 08:15 PM
That is a good idea. BIs don't like to be bothered. However, I don't think all Nov applicants have been hired. A lot of them seem to still be waiting for a call.

I think that only a certain amount of certifieds can get hired at a time since they don't really have that many FTOs to train them. There is a big difference between certified and non certified. I just think that they are trying to get all the non certified people ready for the academy since there's way more non certified in the first place I guess

Unregistered
06-23-2016, 08:18 PM
I think that only a certain amount of certifieds can get hired at a time since they don't really have that many FTOs to train them. There is a big difference between certified and non certified. I just think that they are trying to get all the non certified people ready for the academy since there's way more non certified in the first place I guess

Makes sense, I took Poly early April and still waiting. I'm non certified, hopefully I'll get some good news soon.

Unregistered
06-24-2016, 12:20 AM
Makes sense, I took Poly early April and still waiting. I'm non certified, hopefully I'll get some good news soon.

I had the poly late March. Guess we have to be patient.

Unregistered
06-24-2016, 01:46 AM
Will you try it all over again? or that's it for you?

I will go through it again but will not take it for granted this time.

Unregistered
06-24-2016, 01:50 AM
Next academy class starts next week. I have a friend who applied in November and they start date is next week. They are non-certified.

Unregistered
06-24-2016, 04:38 AM
Family and friends first... Trust me. Ones left will be put into a lottery pick.

Unregistered
06-24-2016, 01:52 PM
Next academy class starts next week. I have a friend who applied in November and they start date is next week. They are non-certified.

That's cool I heard sometime July/August.

Unregistered
06-24-2016, 04:23 PM
Any new news?!?

Unregistered
06-24-2016, 04:48 PM

Patiently waiting sir. Its been exactly 3 months now that I've been waiting.

Unregistered
06-24-2016, 05:13 PM

Same here man, just hopping for the best at this point.

Unregistered
06-24-2016, 11:56 PM
That's cool I heard sometime July/August.

Confirmed. PAC119 starts next week.

Unregistered
06-25-2016, 02:53 AM

Be patient; while at it prepared yourself for the challenges yet to come. For it is said, that "many are called, but few are chosen." And once chosen some lose their faith along the way; they allow the vile and bitterness of others to poison them and consequently they wither on the vine. Others are the parasitic remora fish that attached to sharks, there to survive at others expense. They are worse than those who are poisoned and wither. Still, the persistent endeavors to persevere no matter what, for he and she know that they serve a cause greater than themselves. Strive and strive again, until you earned the privilege of putting on that Blue Uniform and Silver Badge! Then guard them as if your life depended on it, for it might, figuratively and literally!

Unregistered
06-25-2016, 03:16 AM
Congratulations to everyone starting next week!!! Any idea how many will be in the class? I wonder how many actually applied and then the once that actually made it.

Unregistered
06-25-2016, 03:26 PM
Idk how many applied in November but from that batch 800 applicants attended orientation in February. And like most of us here, I along with a few whom I know are still waiting to be called for psych and medical.

Unregistered
06-26-2016, 02:29 AM
What does a recruit do few days before the start of the academy? the excitement must be high and nervousness as well?!?

Unregistered
06-26-2016, 02:49 PM
What does a recruit do few days before the start of the academy? the excitement must be high and nervousness as well?!?

My previous experience was get all the items they tell you to get and be prepared for hell weeks.

Unregistered
06-26-2016, 11:51 PM
Family and Friends only need to apply... I'm in the process still, no call, no email, no update. Yet, my neighbor who has friends in the department is starting the academy this week and applied the same time as I did. What a joke!

Unregistered
06-27-2016, 11:47 AM
Good luck to PAC119!!! Never give up!

Unregistered
06-27-2016, 09:46 PM
Yea, good luck PAC119. It's going to be tough but you will get through it if you do not quit.

Unregistered
06-28-2016, 05:43 PM
Where is my july 16th pat applicants?!?!?!?!?

Say heeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllloooooooooooooooooooo oo

Unregistered
07-01-2016, 08:35 PM
Did pac119 begin today????

Unregistered
07-02-2016, 02:46 AM
Did pac119 begin today????

Yesterday, saw them running in their business attire with the drill instructors. PAC119 keep it strong and do not quit. Fight through it. Always remember, everyone had to go through it to be a police officer in this department.

Unregistered
07-03-2016, 04:50 AM
Family and Friends only need to apply... I'm in the process still, no call, no email, no update. Yet, my neighbor who has friends in the department is starting the academy this week and applied the same time as I did. What a joke!

It's not a joke. Simply means that you were not good enough and they disqualified you. Get over it!

Unregistered
07-04-2016, 04:19 AM
Any news on PAC120 starting date?

Unregistered
07-04-2016, 07:26 PM
Any news on PAC120 starting date?

I'll be there for PAC125

Unregistered
07-05-2016, 12:56 AM
Who's going to the PAT July 16th? I wonder how many people are going. I'll be there!

Unregistered
07-05-2016, 08:30 PM
[QUOTE=Unregistered;2636677]Who's going to the PAT July 16th? I wonder how many people are going. I'll be there!

JULY 16th? Might that date be your second attempt?

"You will have three (3) attempts to pass the Orientation/Physical Agility Test. Failure to show to a scheduled Physical Agility Test date will be counted as an attempt. Once you pass the Orientation/Physical Agility Test, you can disregard any remaining dates that you were scheduled to attend.

You have been scheduled for the Orientation/Physical Agility Test on the below listed dates and times: Curtis Park 1901 N.W. 24th Street, Miami, Florida 33142

Friday, July 15th at 7 AM First attempt

Friday, July 22nd at 7 AM Second attempt (if needed)"

Friday, July 29th at 7 AM Third attempt (if needed)"

Unregistered
07-05-2016, 09:54 PM

You can not be bounced from the academy for that don't listen to this fool. Yes train and get ready they will ride you hard and ridicule you where you will want to quit but you won't get bounced for that.

Unregistered
07-06-2016, 03:47 AM
[QUOTE=Unregistered;2636677]Who's going to the PAT July 16th? I wonder how many people are going. I'll be there!

JULY 16th? Might that date be your second attempt?

"You will have three (3) attempts to pass the Orientation/Physical Agility Test. Failure to show to a scheduled Physical Agility Test date will be counted as an attempt. Once you pass the Orientation/Physical Agility Test, you can disregard any remaining dates that you were scheduled to attend.

You have been scheduled for the Orientation/Physical Agility Test on the below listed dates and times: Curtis Park 1901 N.W. 24th Street, Miami, Florida 33142

Friday, July 15th at 7 AM First attempt

Friday, July 22nd at 7 AM Second attempt (if needed)"

Friday, July 29th at 7 AM Third attempt (if needed)"

My bad... the 15th! I should pass it the first time around been training for it.

Unregistered
07-06-2016, 11:46 AM
[QUOTE=Unregistered;2636982]

My bad... the 15th! I should pass it the first time around been training for it.

Double check your dates because mine clearly states Saturday July 16

Unregistered
07-16-2016, 10:35 AM
How did everyone do on the PAT on the 15th?

Unregistered
07-16-2016, 02:53 PM
How did everyone do on the PAT on the 15th?

Took it today and am glad to get it over with by passing everything the first time! Have to say the running was a little killer but its all mental and if anyone failed just work harder and pass it the next time, good luck everyone.

Unregistered
07-16-2016, 04:22 PM
took it today and am glad to get it over with by passing everything the first time! Have to say the running was a little killer but its all mental and if anyone failed just work harder and pass it the next time, good luck everyone.

how many people showed up to the pat? And how many you think failed?

Unregistered
07-16-2016, 08:04 PM
how many people showed up to the pat? And how many you think failed?

Alot, when I got in through the gate at 7:00am the line looked like a mile long, and when i left at around 10:45 it still looked a mile long. Some people in my group failed but not alot, Id say every 5 out of 20 failed, the pat was a bit challenging but it wasnt impossible.

Unregistered
07-16-2016, 08:53 PM
Alot, when I got in through the gate at 7:00am the line looked like a mile long, and when i left at around 10:45 it still looked a mile long. Some people in my group failed but not alot, Id say every 5 out of 20 failed, the pat was a bit challenging but it wasnt impossible.

I have a guaranteed way to pass the p.a.t. you start practicing santeria find a goat pray to the agility ogun and then have sex with the goat. The ogun will grant you goat like speed and you can baaaaa across the finish line!!

Unregistered
07-16-2016, 10:54 PM
I'm 55 years old and I passed. I run 3 miles a day anyways not a big deal. Some people did fail that's normal, a lot of people showed up.

Unregistered
07-17-2016, 04:31 AM
Good luck through the process. This is only the begining.

Unregistered
07-17-2016, 09:31 PM
You can not be bounced from the academy for that don't listen to this fool. Yes train and get ready they will ride you hard and ridicule you where you will want to quit but you won't get bounced for that.

Hey A$$hole, you can get bounced for failing the physical part during training. You are a temporary, at will employee until you gain permanent status after you get off probation. Even farting wrong can bounce you. Just what this department needs, a bunch of phucking police wannabees who keep incontact with other applicants (have you heard? Did you get your letter?? Did you do the agility?). Come to this department that pays less than other departments to start. Go figure!

Unregistered
07-17-2016, 09:49 PM
Not sure about Miami PD, but FHP will bounce you from the academy for not scoring over 80 on a test...

Unregistered
07-18-2016, 02:24 PM
Future recruits, good luck through the process. Do not let the media turn you away from becoming a law enforcement officer.

Unregistered
07-18-2016, 07:05 PM
Any November applicant still waiting to be called?

Unregistered
07-18-2016, 09:55 PM
I'm having second thoughts about going into law enforcement...

Unregistered
07-18-2016, 11:17 PM
I'm having second thoughts about going into law enforcement...

Well add another pad on that vagina and just walk away! Policing is not for timid souls; it has never been!

Unregistered
07-19-2016, 09:35 AM
Any November applicant still waiting to be called?

✋ Patiently Waiting

Unregistered
07-19-2016, 02:26 PM
I'm waiting too and I'm a February 2015 applicant for MDPD and waiting there too while others are already in the academy... not sure what's the problem.

Unregistered
07-21-2016, 04:59 AM
I'm waiting too and I'm a February 2015 applicant for MDPD and waiting there too while others are already in the academy... not sure what's the problem.

Feb. 2015? I'd say that you were DQ'ed.

Unregistered
07-21-2016, 02:26 PM
Feb. 2015? I'd say that you were DQ'ed.

This guy is probably HR. I don't say why he'll assume that.. you are not the only that have been waiting for MDPD. Emails have been sent. Assigning BI to applicants a couple of months back. I assume you are HR with those assumptions

Unregistered
07-21-2016, 07:13 PM
I too applied with MDPD in feb 2015. And I did receive the email assigning a BI to my file. They're just slow stepping and have a lot of files to work on. The city of Miami has been the fastest process I've been through. Yet, getting hired for the police is a long process, so even the fastest one can still take about 4-8 months.

Unregistered
07-23-2016, 08:45 PM

"what you will ordure" LOL

Don't do too much cross fit guys, preserve your brain!

Unregistered
07-23-2016, 08:49 PM

That's because you aren't Cuban or Haitian enough.

Unregistered
07-24-2016, 07:56 AM
I got a call Saturday morning to go in for my conditional offer, medical and part two of the psychological.

Unregistered
07-24-2016, 10:50 AM
I got a call Saturday morning to go in for my conditional offer, medical and part two of the psychological.

Good job kidd.

Unregistered
07-24-2016, 02:37 PM
Good job kidd.
Hopefully it's smooth sailing until the academy start date

Unregistered
07-24-2016, 09:02 PM

Be honest are you part of the Family and Friends? Do you know anyone in the department? Come on now! Don't lie now!

Unregistered
07-24-2016, 09:46 PM
Hopefully it's smooth sailing until the academy start date

My recommendation is to keep on exercising and do a lot of cross-fit type of workout. This will help you with the intense workout during the academy once you make it in.

Unregistered
07-24-2016, 10:53 PM
Be honest are you part of the Family and Friends? Do you know anyone in the department? Come on now! Don't lie now!
I do have two friends they only have two years in.

Unregistered
07-25-2016, 12:09 AM
My recommendation is to keep on exercising and do a lot of cross-fit type of workout. This will help you with the intense workout during the academy once you make it in.

Hone in on the Bill of Rights; especially the Fourth, as most, if not all police contacts-stops are seizures and must be consistent with the Fourth Amendment "Reasonableness Standard." Get to know FSS 901.151, The Florida Stop and Frisk Law by rote. Also, learn the difference between "Reasonable Suspicion" and "Probable cause."

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/STATUTES/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0900-0999/0901/Sections/0901.151.html

Unregistered
07-26-2016, 02:08 PM

When did you apply?

Unregistered
07-26-2016, 06:51 PM
When did you apply?
November. Just got done with the 1st part of medical and HR

Unregistered
07-26-2016, 07:24 PM
Good luck- I'm also a Nov applicant. Still waiting on my call.

Unregistered
07-26-2016, 09:37 PM
Good luck- I'm also a Nov applicant. Still waiting on my call.
Thanks. Be patient and don't give up. Good luck to you as well

Unregistered
07-28-2016, 12:59 AM
When does the next academy starts?

Unregistered
07-28-2016, 11:52 AM
When does the next academy starts?
Maybe in 3 weeks. I haven't received a start date yet, I'm at final medical part then should get a call next week or the one after

Unregistered
07-28-2016, 08:55 PM
They have so many recruits in the academy now I'm surprised they still hiring and processing applicants.

Unregistered
07-29-2016, 12:34 AM
They have so many recruits in the academy now I'm surprised they still hiring and processing applicants.

There is a long list of officers retiring in the next 1 to 3 years. Over 300, so they need to have enough to replace them.

Unregistered
07-29-2016, 02:28 AM
There is a long list of officers retiring in the next 1 to 3 years. Over 300, so they need to have enough to replace them.

Unlike MDPD under Gimenez, who is now playing catch-up just to meet annual attrition. Many here lambast Miami PD, but take it from one who worked with your SIS personnel back in 1976, MPD has always been a top notch police agency; even during its darkest days. Why I encouraged my nephew and son to join.

Unregistered
07-30-2016, 03:07 AM
What exactly do they do in the medical exam 1 and 2?

Unregistered
07-30-2016, 03:24 PM
What exactly do they do in the medical exam 1 and 2?
Exam 1 they take your blood and urine. you do a hearing, eye, EKG and TB test. Then you go across the street for the chest x-ray stress test and echonogram where they check your heart functions

Unregistered
07-31-2016, 01:55 AM
Exam 1 they take your blood and urine. you do a hearing, eye, EKG and TB test. Then you go across the street for the chest x-ray stress test and echonogram where they check your heart functions

Cool thanks.

Unregistered
08-06-2016, 10:29 PM
Anything date given on the next academy?

Unregistered
08-07-2016, 02:29 AM
Anything date given on the next academy?
No. I'm still waiting for the call with the start date. But I think in 3 weeks. An Academy is graduating this week I think.

Unregistered
08-07-2016, 11:16 PM
No. I'm still waiting for the call with the start date. But I think in 3 weeks. An Academy is graduating this week I think.

Someone told me it is in September.

Unregistered
08-11-2016, 04:46 PM
My friend told me he signed a conditional offer only to get DQ after?! I couldn't believe him! Is that possible? He didn't tell me why he got DQ since I spoke to him quick and he had to go... I thought a conditional offer was a GO!

Unregistered
08-11-2016, 05:41 PM
My friend told me he signed a conditional offer only to get DQ after?! I couldn't believe him! Is that possible? He didn't tell me why he got DQ since I spoke to him quick and he had to go... I thought a conditional offer was a GO!

Of course you can. You take a 2nd psychological and the medical exam after.. when did he signed the conditional offer?

Unregistered
08-11-2016, 07:14 PM
The medical or the 2nd part of the psychological can DQ people, even the signing of the offer letter if he didn't go in business attire.

Unregistered
08-12-2016, 07:37 PM
How many of you from the scheduled Friday, July 15th Orientation/Physical Agility Test session and subsequent interviews have had further contact?

Unregistered
08-12-2016, 09:56 PM
How many of you from the scheduled Friday, July 15th Orientation/Physical Agility Test session and subsequent interviews have had further contact?

I had the interview and got my psych scheduled but they scheduled me for it a month from now.

Unregistered
08-12-2016, 10:13 PM
Any news on the next Academy class?

Unregistered
08-13-2016, 12:27 AM
Any news on the next Academy class?

Word has it in September.

Unregistered
08-13-2016, 06:05 PM
Word has it in September.

Cool! I cannot wait.

Unregistered
08-13-2016, 07:13 PM
Cool! I cannot wait.

Did you complete your medical?
Have anyone received a start date?

Unregistered
08-13-2016, 11:59 PM
Did you complete your medical?
Have anyone received a start date?
I finished the entire process just waiting for the start date. I keep hearing September from people

Unregistered
08-15-2016, 01:06 AM
I applied but i was disqulified because during my psych my penis decided to unzip my pants and crawl out during my oral interview

Unregistered
08-15-2016, 04:11 PM
I got a call for employee orientation on the 23rd. Not sure if that's the academy start date/ hell week

Unregistered
08-15-2016, 05:22 PM
I got a call for employee orientation on the 23rd. Not sure if that's the academy start date/ hell week

That's the start date. I also got the call

Unregistered
08-15-2016, 06:09 PM
That's the start date. I also got the call
Grats. Are you going tomorrow or next week?

Unregistered
08-15-2016, 09:57 PM
I got a call too, but told them I was no longer interested.