PDA

View Full Version : Contract. ??????

Unregistered
05-17-2016, 07:44 PM
What happened.

Unregistered
05-17-2016, 09:44 PM
The contract looks like this:Three year contract, 2% beginning January 2016, 2% January 2017 & 2018.
No retro from October 2015, only a catch up step, FTO pay 5%, DRE certified 5%, Helicopter pilot pay 20% increase.

Unregistered
05-18-2016, 02:50 PM
The contract looks like this:Three year contract, 2% beginning January 2016, 2% January 2017 & 2018.
No retro from October 2015, only a catch up step, FTO pay 5%, DRE certified 5%, Helicopter pilot pay 20% increase.

This includes catching up to your proper step and continuing pay steps if you get any during the three years

Unregistered
05-18-2016, 04:06 PM
Wow Helicopter pilot 20% increase. You never see those guys. What do they do all day beside the running man challenge video.

Unregistered
05-18-2016, 04:39 PM
The only person brought to 20% County $. The helicopter guy because his job is more dangerous than those responding to 332's day in and day out

Unregistered
05-18-2016, 05:15 PM
First let me start by saying to those with several years on, the City "broke" your contract because of financial urgency and you should DEFINETLY get a significant catch up now that the Cities Ad-Valaorem reccurring revenues have GROWN significantly.

I have 1 year on, and paying my union dues and would like an idea of what I wil be making in the next 3 years. There are several hundred officers affected by Section 18.3.

The language in Section 18.3 suggests there are no step raises for those officers still on probation on the effective date of this agreement. Can you at least clarify whether we will be at Step 1 until at least the end of this contract September 30, 2018. 2018 Section 18.3 " All new hires in the classification of Police Recruit shall be paid five percent (5%) per month less than Step 1 of the salary range of the classification of Police Officer until the Recruit graduates from the police academy and passes the the state certification exam at which time such bargaining unit member shall be eligible to be paid at step 1 of the salary range. The period of probationary service shall not be less than (18) months nor more than (24) months, unless extended by the department or unless provided otherwise in this article. Other than the eligibility for an increase to Step 1 of the salary range for new hires upon graduation from the police academy and passing the state certification exam, there will be no Step or Longevity increases during this Agreement."

I'm asking for clarification because of prior experience with confusing terms of our employment.
I thought I would be making $53,000.00 out of the Academy as the recruitment flyer suggested but I'm not there yet.

The Recruitment Flyer in 2014 and the flyer in 2015 said "Newly-hired Police Officers with a Bachelor's degree earn over $53,000/year, upon completion of academy and including the entitlement to Crime Prevention pay."
BUT I earned $44,000.00 after completion of the Academy and I still don't earn the $53,000.00.

Unregistered
05-18-2016, 06:03 PM
I have been here 9 yrs now and I made 52,000 a year and that is with a couple of off duties here and there. The city is a piece of shit. WELCOME TO THE GHETTO!!

Unregistered
05-18-2016, 06:38 PM
aviation gets 20% cuz Javi is part of the unit he hooked himself up

Unregistered
05-18-2016, 07:47 PM
First let me start by saying to those with several years on, the City "broke" your contract because of financial urgency and you should DEFINETLY get a significant catch up now that the Cities Ad-Valaorem reccurring revenues have GROWN significantly.

I have 1 year on, and paying my union dues and would like an idea of what I wil be making in the next 3 years. There are several hundred officers affected by Section 18.3.

The language in Section 18.3 suggests there are no step raises for those officers still on probation on the effective date of this agreement. Can you at least clarify whether we will be at Step 1 until at least the end of this contract September 30, 2018. 2018 Section 18.3 " All new hires in the classification of Police Recruit shall be paid five percent (5%) per month less than Step 1 of the salary range of the classification of Police Officer until the Recruit graduates from the police academy and passes the the state certification exam at which time such bargaining unit member shall be eligible to be paid at step 1 of the salary range. The period of probationary service shall not be less than (18) months nor more than (24) months, unless extended by the department or unless provided otherwise in this article. Other than the eligibility for an increase to Step 1 of the salary range for new hires upon graduation from the police academy and passing the state certification exam, there will be no Step or Longevity increases during this Agreement."

I'm asking for clarification because of prior experience with confusing terms of our employment.
I thought I would be making $53,000.00 out of the Academy as the recruitment flyer suggested but I'm not there yet.

The Recruitment Flyer in 2014 and the flyer in 2015 said "Newly-hired Police Officers with a Bachelor's degree earn over $53,000/year, upon completion of academy and including the entitlement to Crime Prevention pay."
BUT I earned $44,000.00 after completion of the Academy and I still don't earn the $53,000.00.

You aren't owed shit. You chose to work in this shithole stupid. Enjoy!

Unregistered
05-19-2016, 01:58 PM
Guys please it's more than 100 thousand dollars and years of flight time to become a pilot and including all risks to reach such. You only drive to bull shit 332's and then spend one hour on the phone text ur boyfriends and looking at your next arm tattoos. Aviation is a beautiful prestigious unit and career. You wish you were a pilot or a TFO. These guys deserve not 20% but more like 30%. Stay texting and covering your bodies with more tattoos and shut the f.... Up!