PDA

View Full Version : Hmmmmm

Unregistered
04-21-2016, 02:37 AM
A section of the department goes from a high eighties clearance rate to 39 percent. Would anyone else losing that number be ok?
To be clear you solved or cleared fifty percent less crimes.

Unregistered
05-09-2016, 02:37 PM
It took years to get Osborn fired, about a year and a half for Ross, years for Kidd to get fired, and the clock is ticking for our newest DC. Any bets? I heard the Chief hired Anthony back in Naples when he was down there . . . nepotism? The Chief's continued schizophrenic destruction of the department continues . . .

Unregistered
05-09-2016, 07:14 PM
As I read through all that has gone on at TIAPD, I thought what a shame it is to see all these current struggles. But when I came to this portion of the current issues. I had to add my thoughts in this area of the discussion. Those closure rates of above 70% were attributed to a group of very capable and dedicated detectives who put a large number of hours into investigating crimes and following them up to the point of prosecution. This went back to a number of years and started around 2008-2009. I still have your Annual Reports from those early years even though they are not on your website anymore. Or at least I can't find them. Hmmmm
And it was certainly not one detective who seems to have some delusions of grandeur because he came from tpd. It's amazing to hear that he thinks he accomplished this on his own as I was told he has stated to get promoted to psu sergeant. I had the dubious distinction to have worked with your current psu sergeant as well.
And no, I was not one of those detectives or their sergeant who accomplished this lofty task, but was simply someone from another agency who had worked very hard with those men on a number of cases and had witnessed how your CIU became an extremely professional unit during that time period, and seemed to have carried on for some time after. And this unit was able to acquire, along with us, a large amount of forfeited funds that went to your department for new equipment and training needs. And as I've seen, some very nice new vehicles. And it was no easy task obtaining that money.
Now the only reason I was made aware of the troubles at your department was that I made the mistake of parking in the wrong place with all of the construction going on and was told very abruptly to move my vehicle. When I asked about certain people I had worked together with back then, I was told to look on here for some answers. I certainly hope it gets better for you all and I know now NOT where to park anymore.

Unregistered
05-10-2016, 02:37 PM
Good discussion. Sorry about your parking experience. TIAPD could be so much better. Too many issues to list at the moment. A few things have improved but they are very miniscule compared to the rest of the issues.