PDA

View Full Version : Beware BSO Membership

Unregistered
04-13-2016, 11:57 PM
Recently I had an incident that the BSO Membership should be made aware of:

During all of the unrest with our Union Situation I decided to join PLEA. I recently got a notice to provide a statement for a PII which is no big deal and when I attempted contact PLEA several days before the statement no one answered the phone. I left numerous voice-mails, left a message with their service, emailed them multiple times through their website, and sent them a request for legal assistance all to no avail. I finally got a live human being to answer the day before the statement at 430pm and they claimed they never received any messages, voicemails, emails or request from legal assistance and attempted to blame their answering service and website which Elena their Office Manager said must be down, but seemed to working fine. She then told me not to worry and they would send representation to the statement. When I asked the name of the attorney who they would be sending she hesitantly told me the President of PLEA would come. I asked if he was an attorney and she said no, but he has done this a million times. When I told her that I wanted an attorney due to Union Reps lack of privilege, she immediately transferred me to the PLEA President Orlando Montague (I beleive) and he immediately began to yell at me and told me he has 20 plus years of experience, I didn't need an attorney for administrative hearing and he is running a business and he decided when an attorney was necessary. I told him I wouldn't except anything other then an attorney and he became irate and told me that if I didn't agree to have him represent in lieu of an attorney he would cancel my membership. I told him that was fine and he said "I want to hear you quit". I said ok I quit and he hung up on me. I then called back and spoke to the secretary who canceled my membership. Please learn from my mistake and don't give this organization any of your money they are not who or what they say they are and will not provide you with the legal representation you deserve.

Unregistered
04-14-2016, 12:24 AM
Union membership App

http://www.bsodle6020.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/BSODA-6020-Membership-App.pdf

Unregistered
04-14-2016, 12:39 AM
Union membership App

http://www.bsodle6020.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/BSODA-6020-Membership-App.pdf

They are correct I learned the hard way.

Unregistered
04-14-2016, 12:56 AM
Next time don't do any pro active work. Try not to make arrests and you will be fine

Unregistered
04-14-2016, 01:08 AM
Union membership App

...of course IUPA wouldn't have sent an attorney either.

Unregistered
04-14-2016, 01:46 AM
Next time don't do any pro active work. Try not to make arrests and you will be fine

I'm pretty sure I know who this is and the Deputy who got screwed by PLEA worked at either the Port or the Airport so I'm sure that is not the case lol

Unregistered
04-14-2016, 11:02 AM
All unions suck to a certain degree, but they are a necessary evil. IUPA sucks the least right now, because they hold all the cards. Command laughs at us, because of all the internal fighting and lack of activity within the union membership. We are only as strong as our weekest link, and that is the problem! Can you imagine if we were 1500 strong active union members versus 30 command? The possibilities would be limitless, but it will never happen. Most deputies don't get it, and will always look out for themselves first.

Unregistered
04-14-2016, 06:43 PM
Recently I had an incident that the BSO Membership should be made aware of:

During all of the unrest with our Union Situation I decided to join PLEA. I recently got a notice to provide a statement for a PII which is no big deal and when I attempted contact PLEA several days before the statement no one answered the phone. I left numerous voice-mails, left a message with their service, emailed them multiple times through their website, and sent them a request for legal assistance all to no avail. I finally got a live human being to answer the day before the statement at 430pm and they claimed they never received any messages, voicemails, emails or request from legal assistance and attempted to blame their answering service and website which Elena their Office Manager said must be down, but seemed to working fine. She then told me not to worry and they would send representation to the statement. When I asked the name of the attorney who they would be sending she hesitantly told me the President of PLEA would come. I asked if he was an attorney and she said no, but he has done this a million times. When I told her that I wanted an attorney due to Union Reps lack of privilege, she immediately transferred me to the PLEA President Orlando Montague (I beleive) and he immediately began to yell at me and told me he has 20 plus years of experience, I didn't need an attorney for administrative hearing and he is running a business and he decided when an attorney was necessary. I told him I wouldn't except anything other then an attorney and he became irate and told me that if I didn't agree to have him represent in lieu of an attorney he would cancel my membership. I told him that was fine and he said "I want to hear you quit". I said ok I quit and he hung up on me. I then called back and spoke to the secretary who canceled my membership. Please learn from my mistake and don't give this organization any of your money they are not who or what they say they are and will not provide you with the legal representation you deserve.

I was a member of PLEA back in 2012. I was going through IA and they wanted to suspend me immediately when I thought we were appealing the decision. I couldn't get anyone from PLEA on the phone and finally when I spoke Elena I told her I wanted to cancel my membership and within 5 minutes the president called me. I told him to stop taking money out of my checking account and I'm calling my bank to make sure it doesn't happen. What a farce organization. So I did go back to the PBA that was before IUPA came in and took over so now I suggest you join them

Unregistered
04-14-2016, 07:28 PM
I was a member of PLEA back in 2012. I was going through IA and they wanted to suspend me immediately when I thought we were appealing the decision. I couldn't get anyone from PLEA on the phone and finally when I spoke Elena I told her I wanted to cancel my membership and within 5 minutes the president called me. I told him to stop taking money out of my checking account and I'm calling my bank to make sure it doesn't happen. What a farce organization. So I did go back to the PBA that was before IUPA came in and took over so now I suggest you join them

They tell you they will provide you with an attorney and have attorneys on staff but the reality is they have them on retainer and have to pay them hourly thus they look for any reason not to use them. PLEA must crazy if they think anyone would pay $46 a month and not have an attorney represent them when needed.