PDA

View Full Version : FOP stop playing games with the city manager and take the contract on the table

Unregistered
02-23-2016, 08:53 PM
Stop playing games with the city manager take what they give you it's a good contract Javi I know you hate the old timers and are waiting for them to leave . But something is better than nothing. And stop hating on the blacks

Unregistered
02-23-2016, 09:38 PM
Stop playing games with the city manager take what they give you it's a good contract Javi I know you hate the old timers and are waiting for them to leave . But something is better than nothing. And stop hating on the blacks

Hey, be nice. He's black too. At least that's was claimed on the LT. test to give him the extra edge he needed to obtain this rank.

Unregistered
02-23-2016, 10:19 PM
dont accept his shit javi

Unregistered
02-23-2016, 11:57 PM
The devil is always in the details so don't jump on a deal you don't understand

I believe the Mgrs. Letter states:
1. 4 year step catch up. Does this mean Officers will receive 4 years of steps that they are owed. To be clear does this mean you will calculate and add 5% to an officers current pay. Then calculate 5% of that number. Then 5% of that number. Then 5% of that would be 4 years of catch up for missing steps. It would be an unbelievable morale booster for officers to receive a check for 4 years of missed steps. What is meant EXACTLY by "4 year step catch up"?

2. 5% shift differential for noons and mids plus 5% supplement for FTO. Will I be paid an additional 10% as a Midnights FTO or will I be told only one 5% per customer regardless of how many extra jobs I perform.

3. What does normal step progression mean. The department used to provide 5% annually ( 2.5 every 6 months) step for your first 9 years I beleive. MB has it and so does the County. Are they reinstating 9 steps?

4. I didn't see any cost of living raises in the Mgrs. Letter.

4. RDA or CRA or a special taxing district whatever you call it "further discussion or legislative action is required" What needs to be discussed? Either you will allow us to to bill our off duty services at rates comparable to other municipalities or you won't. The legislative action if any would be a vote of the Commission. Even if a vote of the special district is required which it is not. That is ministerial as well. A special taxing district allows a municipality to retain that portion of Ad Valaorem/property taxes which would normally be remitted to the County. The funds retained must be spent within the special taxing district. If your special taxing districts required off duty officers all costs associated with running your special district would be allocated accordingly. What special legislative action do they suggest is needed. There is absolutely nothing special associated with raising the rate charged to the private sector for off duty police. Either you think we should be paid the hourly rate charged by surrounding municipalities or you don't.

I would also make sure the steps and all other benefits are considered the status quo. So in the event we get stone walled again with years of contract negotiations the steps and other benefits continue as status quo while we negotiate the next contract.
Why a 2 year deal instead of the standard 3?
Respectfully,

Unregistered
02-24-2016, 01:24 AM
Why is the manager releasing any information to anyone that's all subject to change sounds like an unfair labor act.

Unregistered
02-24-2016, 02:06 AM
Ortiz and the mayor are in bed together if you don't know this your stupid. Ortiz was to keep our pay and benefits low during his tenure as mayor. Mayor looks like a hero and Ortiz can act like a thug all he wants. He is not allowed to be investigated and is protected as long as he continues being a good little Cuban.

All of his complaints are washed down and go away