PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE: money owed from lawsuit (health insurance)

Unregistered
01-02-2016, 09:31 PM
Is this issue just going to stay dormant until everyone has forgotten that the County owes us money from a lawsuit?

One thing all members of MDPD care about is the financial security of their families. Why is this issue not on the top of the list of things the PBA makes noise about?

We won the lawsuit.....the County owes us the money they ILLEGALLY took from us.

We are at the point of ridiculousness already.

Great job on the lawsuit. BAD job on what counts; OUR MONEY.

Unregistered
01-02-2016, 10:27 PM
Gimenez is postponing as much as possible & will refund our money as elections get closer.

Unregistered
01-02-2016, 10:33 PM
I think the concern many people have been that after it was determined that we employees were due money, everything just went dead silent as far as the PBA. They started the rumor that we were getting it the last paycheck of the year, that came and went and we still can't get an answer from anyone.

It goes to show you that the PBA is full of it and they only tell what they want. Don't be surprised if they are negotiating some back door deal with the county!!

Unregistered
01-02-2016, 11:21 PM
Of course they are. PBA is getting paid before we do.

Unregistered
01-03-2016, 02:05 AM
[QUOTE=It goes to show you that the PBA is full of it and they only tell what they want. Don't be surprised if they are negotiating some back door deal with the county!![/QUOTE]

That's what I'm afraid of. Just like when the PBA health insurance went under due to mismanagement (PBA picked health ins admin/manager) and the county had to bail us out.

Fire-Rescue still has their own affordable health insurance and isn't threatened every year by the county's rate increases.

Boy did we get suckered by that back door deal.

Unregistered
01-03-2016, 04:47 AM
That's what I'm afraid of. Just like when the PBA health insurance went under due to mismanagement (PBA picked health ins admin/manager) and the county had to bail us out.

Fire-Rescue still has their own affordable health insurance and isn't threatened every year by the county's rate increases.

Listen stop crying about spilled milk, just remember to use your new smart phone app when you get written up for short socks, beards, and tattoos ok.

Unregistered
01-10-2016, 08:54 PM
The PBA isn't sleeping. It is the legals process that is so long. The case is back with PERF awaiting theor resposne. But be patient. The County will have to pay us back. Just ask the PBA to give you an update.

Unregistered
01-13-2016, 11:43 AM
Actually this is not true. The reason the PBA is not making a big deal about getting our money back is because they are business arguing about the fees the county should pay them. In other words, if the PBA don't get there money we won't get our money! If you don't believe me, feel free to read the PERC's final order on December 22, 2015.

http://perc.myflorida.com/download.aspx/Prefix=CA/CaseYr=14/CaseNo=093/File=CA14093-Ord17-122215110356.pdf

The PBA doesn't expect little minions like me to go digging especially after asking so many times where is the money, I get nothing but lies. Don't believe the show Rivera puts on!!! Do some digging and find the truth out yourself.

Unregistered
01-13-2016, 11:45 AM
Now ask yourself, why wasn't this sent out via the county email, put on Facebook, given to the media or talked about on that crappy radio show!! Wouldn't inquiring minds like to know???

Unregistered
01-13-2016, 10:07 PM
Not surprised, no wonder Pba is losing members by the day! It's a sad day when people are willing to pay for representation out of there pockets!!

Unregistered
01-14-2016, 12:04 AM
Patience ungrateful minions, Gimenez will resort to all available legal maneuvers in hopes of not paying for what is rightfully yours. The PBA must counter with its on legal arguments to thwart the County’s legal ploys.

Unregistered
01-14-2016, 04:21 PM

It's amazing how our profession produces some of the most heroic people on the planet and at the same time produce some of the biggest pussies who provide nothing other than bullshit whining. And they are the same pussies that do absolutely nothing for their fellow officers. The PBA, being the best at everything in the labor world in Florida, takes care of the Heros and the pussies. The least we can say is thank you to them.

Unregistered
02-11-2016, 10:44 AM
wheres my money

Unregistered
02-11-2016, 11:55 AM
Gimenez is postponing as much as possible & will refund our money as elections get closer.

Wow nice now I get it, hold the Cash. Now in comes Judas Pingas aka "JP" the savior. Starts the talks with both PBA and Rotten teeth, rotten teethe hold out till elections while Judas goes around using his new stature along with his rankfully troop of minions getting or forcing votes. Just like they did in 2012 so now all the whiners and. Complainers vote for rotten teeth again. You got to love how stupid most of you idiots are, but I am sure Judas will take care of you if your a top go getter in the pyramid scheme.

Enjoy what you lost, and never will get back.

Unregistered
02-12-2016, 11:09 PM
Wow nice now I get it, hold the Cash. Now in comes Judas Pingas aka "JP" the savior. Starts the talks with both PBA and Rotten teeth, rotten teethe hold out till elections while Judas goes around using his new stature along with his rankfully troop of minions getting or forcing votes. Just like they did in 2012 so now all the whiners and. Complainers vote for rotten teeth again. You got to love how stupid most of you idiots are, but I am sure Judas will take care of you if your a top go getter in the pyramid scheme.

Enjoy what you lost, and never will get back.

NO ONE can force you to vote for a candidate you do not support nor believe! When you enter the voting booth, it is you, your conscience and your courage to do the right thing for yourself, family, fellow officers and citizens in general. Only God will be there to witness your choice . . . choose wisely. Stay quiet afterward!

Unregistered
02-13-2016, 10:20 PM
Hey Rotten Teeth,

Where's my money? You thief!

Unregistered
02-15-2016, 06:00 PM
Sorry folks unless your illustrious Union get their money you won't see a penny. Because after the Pba get their attorney's fees there is no way the county will hand over your money. Don't believe the emails they keeps gazing you up!! Smoke and mirrors!

Unregistered
04-13-2016, 04:18 PM
Friday, April 15. By 5:30 pm. lol

Unregistered
04-13-2016, 04:55 PM
UPDATE: In typical County fashion, they have taken something simple and made it complicated. Apparently, taking your money illegally was a far easier process than giving it back.

We have been advised that whomever is entitled to a reimbursement SHOULD be receiving it on the April 15 paychecks cycle (Friday). Remember, anyone who paid dependent premiums for calendar year 2015 should be receiving a reimbursement.

We are being told that since this is a one-time special payment, it will not be included in your normal paycheck calculation and it will not be displayed on eNet. You should receive the paper stubs to show the amount that has been deposited into your accounts, or receive a live check for the reimbursement if you don’t have direct deposit by FRIDAY. That amount is reflecting on your normal paystub as a negative in the year to date- it shows as “PBA INS PR” and you should receive that amount separately, minus taxes. The interest on that amount is reflecting separately as a positive “PBA INTERE” in the money adjustment description, year to date, portion of your pay stub.

In short, you should receive premiums paid, minus taxes, plus interest. And, of course, the County did not provide an explanation to those affected prior to posting confusing information. The jist of it is that you will be reimbursed the monies (plus interest) that Mayor Gimenez illegally took from you.

Members entitled to reimbursement who do not receive it by Friday should contact the PBA.

Unregistered
04-13-2016, 07:27 PM
Well done John Rivera and PBA legal staff! Now united the forces to FIRE Gimenez!

Unregistered
04-13-2016, 08:37 PM
Well done John Rivera and PBA legal staff! Now united the forces to FIRE Gimenez!
Agree, good job!

Unregistered
05-10-2016, 12:44 AM
Hey John Stedman where is my money

Unregistered
05-14-2016, 03:22 AM
This is crazy, the court system means nothing now a days