PDA

View Full Version : From Award to Indicted....

Unregistered
12-11-2015, 04:17 PM
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. - A Broward Sheriff's Office deputy has been charged with manslaughter in the 2013 fatal shooting of a man who was carrying an air rifle.

Broward County state attorney's office spokesman Ron Ishoy said Friday that a grand jury has indicted Deputy Peter Peraza in the shooting of Jermaine McBean.

More News Headlines
Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel awarded a deputy a medal after a 2013 fatal shooting, but now an eyewitness, a newly surfaced photograph and a federal lawsuit contradict BSO's version of… FBI investigates fatal 2013 deputy-involved shooting
Witness, photograph contradict Broward sheriff's account of…
Federal lawsuit filed in 2013 deputy-involved shooting of man carrying air rifle
911 calls released in deputy-involved shooting
BSO releases name of man killed in deputy-involved shooting

Peraza turned himself in Friday morning.

McBean was shot July 31, 2013, by Peraza outside his apartment complex while carrying the unloaded Winchester air rifle.

A federal lawsuit filed against Broward County, Sheriff Scott Israel and Peraza claims McBean could not hear deputies' commands to drop the gun because he was listening to music with earbuds. Peraza was a 12-year veteran at the time of the shooting.

Israel said he has suspended Peraza without pay pending the outcome of the criminal investigation.

"Now, the case will go forward in the courts, and a jury will weigh all the evidence and render a verdict," Israel said in a statement. "For everyone in this case -- the McBean family, the Peraza family, the BSO family, everyone in our community -- we want truth and justice to prevail."

Ishoy said the grand jury heard testimony over the course of three days.

The manslaughter charge is a first-degree felony punishable by up to 30 years in prison.

Unregistered
12-11-2015, 04:36 PM
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. - A Broward Sheriff's Office deputy has been charged with manslaughter in the 2013 fatal shooting of a man who was carrying an air rifle.

Broward County state attorney's office spokesman Ron Ishoy said Friday that a grand jury has indicted Deputy Peter Peraza in the shooting of Jermaine McBean.

More News Headlines
Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel awarded a deputy a medal after a 2013 fatal shooting, but now an eyewitness, a newly surfaced photograph and a federal lawsuit contradict BSO's version of… FBI investigates fatal 2013 deputy-involved shooting
Witness, photograph contradict Broward sheriff's account of…
Federal lawsuit filed in 2013 deputy-involved shooting of man carrying air rifle
911 calls released in deputy-involved shooting
BSO releases name of man killed in deputy-involved shooting

Peraza turned himself in Friday morning.

McBean was shot July 31, 2013, by Peraza outside his apartment complex while carrying the unloaded Winchester air rifle.

A federal lawsuit filed against Broward County, Sheriff Scott Israel and Peraza claims McBean could not hear deputies' commands to drop the gun because he was listening to music with earbuds. Peraza was a 12-year veteran at the time of the shooting.

Israel said he has suspended Peraza without pay pending the outcome of the criminal investigation.

"Now, the case will go forward in the courts, and a jury will weigh all the evidence and render a verdict," Israel said in a statement. "For everyone in this case -- the McBean family, the Peraza family, the BSO family, everyone in our community -- we want truth and justice to prevail."

Ishoy said the grand jury heard testimony over the course of three days.

The manslaughter charge is a first-degree felony punishable by up to 30 years in prison.

un****inreal....... do nothing, find a shady tree to sit under

Unregistered
12-11-2015, 07:52 PM
Satz is a piece of garbage that needs to go!! What a coward to sacrifice this poor deputy and link him to other cases around the nation. Anyone with even a little bit of common sense can see this was a justified shooting. Hey Satz, you decline to prosecute every other case that victimizes real people for "little likelihood of conviction" but this deputy you go after. F..k you and your whole corrupt office.

Unregistered
12-11-2015, 09:59 PM
Satz is a scumbag. He needs to go.

Unregistered
12-11-2015, 10:31 PM
It's amazing how witnesses have video, audio, and photos of OISs, but are nowhere to be found when heartless thugs commit a murder in that same neighborhood. Ladies and gentlemen: find a nice tree and your favorite newspaper and watch your backs. This is ricdiculous on a whole new level!

Unregistered
12-11-2015, 11:43 PM
If you really can retire DO IT! Imagine getting yourself jammed up in a civil suit at the least for trying to do the right thing? So now we have a concerned citizen calls about a armed suspect walking down the street and the media has this to say in response>
* He had earbuds on ( I guess somebody cant harm you with earbuds)
* It was a unarmed pellet gun ( How would one know) maybe the caller should of found out first? )
* He was a college graduate. ( Nope they cant harm you) Should of asked this guy his education level first!

So, as I said I really baffles me that people wont retire or they come back to this worthless job!! And why have a retirement party at all if you plan on coming back???? Spare us the grief its a deadend job

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/florida-deputy-charged-with-killing-man-who-had-pellet-gun/ar-AAgixRf?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=HPCDHP

Unregistered
12-12-2015, 12:14 AM
Satz is a scumbag. He needs to go.
They can BOTH go!

https://www.facebook.com/SheriffScottIsrael/photos/pb.568651573160466.-2207520000.1449877785./1081127345246217/?type=3&theater

Whew! At least we got our awards honorably! Clink! Cheers!

My buddy, my buddy. Whoever he screws, I screw.
My buddy, my buddy. My buddy and me!

https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/v/t1.0-9/10968328_1081127345246217_941059765251360377_n.jpg ?oh=fc86b6eb0fb9ade74ea8c5fd006dd82a&oe=571FE007
Top Comments
J. BXXXXXXXXXX, O. TXXXX, K. JXXXXX and 64 others like this.
Comments

B. McEXXXXMy two hero's two real govt leaders
February 15 at 9:06am

Unregistered
12-12-2015, 12:17 AM
Un****ibelivable POS SATZ. PBA SHOULD STAND UP!! This is the biggest miscarriage of justice that I have ever seen. Cops in this county are screwed. Do Nothing and park under a tree. ****in POS ISREAL!!! Bradshaw would have backed his Deputy.

Unregistered
12-12-2015, 12:30 AM
Satz has always been a piece of shit along with the ****ing Sheriff!

Unregistered
12-13-2015, 02:59 AM
Yep, if I get an award, it will be for chilling under a nice shade tree or hanging out behind a quiet plaza

Unregistered
12-13-2015, 11:10 AM
Yep, if I get an award, it will be for chilling under a nice shade tree or hanging out behind a quiet plaza

im going to be awarded the Savior of the palm tree award....for sitting under it for 11 hrs (1 hr meal I'll let it stay by itself)

The marshmallow man
12-13-2015, 12:17 PM
This Sheriff is no Sheriff Clark or Joe Arpaio we all know that. Fact that he was once even a republican is mind boggling. Sheriff straddles a liberal agenda in an overwhelmingly democracy county and that’s the way he plays ball. He WILL NEVER stand up for us, he WILL NEVER tell it like it is. He will advocate body cameras, diversion programs, as he stabs us all in the back. He is no true lawman and has no allegiance to the profession. The Sheriff goes with the wind and will protect his political hide. This case will only destroy moral even more, no raises, political attacks on law enforcement throughout 2015, body cameras, and a Sheriff’s office that doesn’t stand by its people = a suck ASS environment.

Unregistered
12-13-2015, 01:49 PM
According to the shoppers in this Walmart, they be saying the Poeleece didn't have to shoot the man because the blade on his Machette was to dull to cause harm..... Baleed Dat!!! So Next time you poeleece go shooting a man with a knife , Makes sure to recognize if da thing is sharp!!!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/cops-kill-man-brandishing-guns-machete-at-pa-walmart/ar-BBnuoN8?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=HPCDHP

Unregistered
12-14-2015, 12:15 AM
When does the stupidity in these types of communities end? Another shooting of a Nice armed Black male caught on video , courtesy of the free phone program . Mammas response to him carrying a loaded gun down the street was he was a good boy, he had 3 childrens. And yes they notified all 3 mothers....

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/la-county-sheriff-vows-thorough-probe-into-shooting-of-black-man/ar-BBnvwmD?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=HPCDHP