PDA

View Full Version : Hiring process for an out-of-state applicant?

Unregistered
08-04-2015, 03:36 AM
Hello. I am an officer out of state and I am interested in applying with PCSO. I have completed the EOT course and taken and passed the state exam. I was wondering what the application process consists of for an out of state LEO. Does the agency try to condense aspects over the course of a few days, or do I need to make a few different visits? Also, can anyone tell me what the PAT consists of?

Lastly, if offered a position, where should I look to work? I don't want to be bored, but I'd also like a little time to be pro-active. I don't mind getting my hands dirty, but I do like working traffic looking for dope. Thanks, be safe!

Unregistered
08-04-2015, 11:58 AM
Hello. I am an officer out of state and I am interested in applying with PCSO. I have completed the EOT course and taken and passed the state exam. I was wondering what the application process consists of for an out of state LEO. Does the agency try to condense aspects over the course of a few days, or do I need to make a few different visits? Also, can anyone tell me what the PAT consists of?

Lastly, if offered a position, where should I look to work? I don't want to be bored, but I'd also like a little time to be pro-active. I don't mind getting my hands dirty, but I do like working traffic looking for dope. Thanks, be safe!

Why Pasco?

Unregistered
08-04-2015, 03:47 PM
Why Pasco?

My wife has family there. Hillsborough, from what I have read is entirely too picky, but I put an app in anyway - I'm not just not counting solely on them. Pinellas is too far and Pasco still pays more than what I would be making here, while also offering a lot more opportunities for advancement and specialty units than my current 50 man dept.

Unregistered
08-04-2015, 05:12 PM
My wife has family there. Hillsborough, from what I have read is entirely too picky, but I put an app in anyway - I'm not just not counting solely on them. Pinellas is too far and Pasco still pays more than what I would be making here, while also offering a lot more opportunities for advancement and specialty units than my current 50 man dept.

Can understand your desire for more 'opportunities". Pinellas too far? Deputies take cars home and see Pinellas cars driving in Pasco often. Look at the smaller PDs as well like Tarpon Springs or the next county up Hernando. Dont know what state youre from but Pasco radio is run by civilians who only care about response time, answering the phone fast and sending the troops and the lads go from call to call. Consider that.

Not at all impressed with Pasco IA. Look at the FHP and the FDLE. FDLE seems pretty sharp. Not at all impressed with the 6th District justice system. Heres some advice. The grass is always greener but might not taste as sweet. Lot of weeds in Pasco.

Unregistered
08-04-2015, 05:40 PM
Can understand your desire for more 'opportunities". Pinellas too far? Deputies take cars home and see Pinellas cars driving in Pasco often. Look at the smaller PDs as well like Tarpon Springs or the next county up Hernando. Dont know what state youre from but Pasco radio is run by civilians who only care about response time, answering the phone fast and sending the troops and the lads go from call to call. Consider that.

Not at all impressed with Pasco IA. Look at the FHP and the FDLE. FDLE seems pretty sharp. Not at all impressed with the 6th District justice system. Heres some advice. The grass is always greener but might not taste as sweet. Lot of weeds in Pasco.

Understood, thank you. All things to take into consideration. In the interim, can you offer any advice towards my original questions? Nothing is set in stone of course, but I'd like to get as much information as possible before submitting apps. The application process is costly and time-consuming for both parties involved, so I'd rather not apply only to withdraw later because of some new-found information. Be safe!

Unregistered
08-04-2015, 05:58 PM
Understood, thank you. All things to take into consideration. In the interim, can you offer any advice towards my original questions? Nothing is set in stone of course, but I'd like to get as much information as possible before submitting apps. The application process is costly and time-consuming for both parties involved, so I'd rather not apply only to withdraw later because of some new-found information. Be safe!

http://pascosheriff.com/emp1003r/

http://pascosheriff.com/emp1122r/

http://pascosheriff.com/employee-benefits/

Id call down and make your case for travel, expense and speed and see how they treat you. if they treat you like crap it wont get any better.

http://wusfnews.wusf.usf.edu/post/leon-sheriffs-deputy-killed-another-wounded-ambush#stream/0

http://wusfnews.wusf.usf.edu/post/hillsborough-county-sheriff-department-campaign-recruiting-women#stream/0

Unregistered
08-05-2015, 02:47 AM

http://pascosheriff.com/intelligence-led-policing/ Useful or useless? Choose carefully

"Actively gathering, reviewing and analyzing existing data on all citizen-generated calls for service to determine existing and emerging trends affecting overall call volume. This is beneficial as the intelligence product created will allow management to strategically place patrol deputies in areas where and when crime is likely to occur."

If you read their nonsense no where does it say nor do they apparently know how to catch the real bad guys.

Compare the population, Part I Clearance Rate and value of property stolen/recovered against your stats and that will give you a feel. And reread the Emperors New Clothes. It will come in handy.

"So off went the Emperor in procession under his splendid canopy. Everyone in the streets and the windows said, "Oh, how fine are the Emperor's new clothes! Don't they fit him to perfection? And see his long train!" Nobody would confess that he couldn't see anything, for that would prove him either unfit for his position, or a fool. No costume the Emperor had worn before was ever such a complete success.

"But he hasn't got anything on," a little child said.

"Did you ever hear such innocent prattle?" said its father. And one person whispered to another what the child had said, "He hasn't anything on. A child says he hasn't anything on."

"But he hasn't got anything on!" the whole town cried out at last.

The Emperor shivered, for he suspected they were right. But he thought, "This procession has got to go on." So he walked more proudly than ever, as his noblemen held high the train that wasn't there at all."

Unregistered
08-05-2015, 09:38 PM
Tell them your the baddest m'fer around. Tell them you spar with Ronda Rousey!!!!!!!

Unregistered
08-06-2015, 01:22 PM
Tell them your the baddest m'fer around. Tell them you spar with Ronda Rousey!!!!!!!

If I get to do anything with Ronda, it certainly isn't going to be sparring.

Unregistered
08-06-2015, 05:02 PM
you can expect that no matter your qualification, you can expect an email from kim stating there are more competitive applicants. codeword for sheep obviously

Unregistered
08-06-2015, 10:57 PM
you can expect that no matter your qualification, you can expect an email from kim stating there are more competitive applicants. codeword for sheep obviously

That was outstanding...and unfortunately probably true