PDA

View Full Version : I wonder why we can't retain deputies!

Guest321
06-22-2015, 12:31 PM
What I don't understand is how the brass can add new posts, when we are so short deputies! They make an IPS team in the jail, but they are used to be xrays and fill in for lack of deputies. Not the purpose they were made for! We constantly hear, we are taking back the jail from the inmates! Sure and anytime an inmate grieves something, that has nothing to do with his civil rights, the deputy is pulled on the carpet for it and the inmate is immediately believed! Security has gone out the door with, inmates emailing each other, and yes they do know how! We thought writing each other was bad in the jail, why not just let them visit each other. We are already housing males, females and juveniles next to each other in medical. So much for out of sight and sound! If the deputy did something against Jail standards, they'd be fired! Deputy gets his head smashed by inmate, and he's under investigation! The violence is getting worse everyday in the jail and all we're told is, if you don't like it go elsewhere! I like my job, but I also expected to have some support from my supervisors and not used as a punching bag! The road is short and we are short deputies, it does not take a study to see why we can't retain people! Yes, some will leave because of the money, but most that leave tell you straight out, "We have no rights, can barely get a day off, unless you sign up 6 months ahead, and have to compete with Sgts. for those days, we are always wrong, no matter what an inmate says and does to us, to the point deputies are allowing dangerous behavior in fear for they're job and guess what, if you think the behavior of people in the world is bad, it doesn't stop when they are arrested! It will take a death or crippling injury for the brass to believe it's dangerous for their deputies!

Unregistered
06-22-2015, 04:03 PM
What I don't understand is how the brass can add new posts, when we are so short deputies! They make an IPS team in the jail, but they are used to be xrays and fill in for lack of deputies. Not the purpose they were made for! We constantly hear, we are taking back the jail from the inmates! Sure and anytime an inmate grieves something, that has nothing to do with his civil rights, the deputy is pulled on the carpet for it and the inmate is immediately believed! Security has gone out the door with, inmates emailing each other, and yes they do know how! We thought writing each other was bad in the jail, why not just let them visit each other. We are already housing males, females and juveniles next to each other in medical. So much for out of sight and sound! If the deputy did something against Jail standards, they'd be fired! Deputy gets his head smashed by inmate, and he's under investigation! The violence is getting worse everyday in the jail and all we're told is, if you don't like it go elsewhere! I like my job, but I also expected to have some support from my supervisors and not used as a punching bag! The road is short and we are short deputies, it does not take a study to see why we can't retain people! Yes, some will leave because of the money, but most that leave tell you straight out, "We have no rights, can barely get a day off, unless you sign up 6 months ahead, and have to compete with Sgts. for those days, we are always wrong, no matter what an inmate says and does to us, to the point deputies are allowing dangerous behavior in fear for they're job and guess what, if you think the behavior of people in the world is bad, it doesn't stop when they are arrested! It will take a death or crippling injury for the brass to believe it's dangerous for their deputies!

"It will take a death or crippling injury for the brass to believe it's dangerous for their deputies!" They could care less. If it happens they will shed crocodile tears beat their chests, blame the bad guys and ask for more money to squander. Take some comfort in you are doing something that is not only worthwhile but must be done. But dont be fooled the agency, its lack of leadership and manner of doing business aint foolin the bad guys. Its a learning experience for them they find and exploit your weaknesses and then use them to their advantage. "Sure and anytime an inmate grieves something, that has nothing to do with his civil rights, the deputy is pulled on the carpet for it and the inmate is immediately believed!" When they will listen to the inmates the inmates win. Its a game for them to keep you off centered worried and busy. Wen they find weakness and a sympathetic ear to your command theyll use that for all its worth.

And what idiot gave them email access and video visits again and the purpose? Make money !!!!

Unregistered
06-30-2015, 04:44 PM
Retain? You wont even hire any new ones!

Unregistered
07-01-2015, 03:20 AM
Nocco does not care about the jail, your proof is who the two he placed at the helm.

Unregistered
07-04-2015, 04:49 AM
We have people with poor attitudes in high places.

It all rolls down.

Unregistered
07-05-2015, 12:09 AM
"It will take a death or crippling injury for the brass to believe it's dangerous for their deputies!" They could care less. If it happens they will shed crocodile tears beat their chests, blame the bad guys and ask for more money to squander. Take some comfort in you are doing something that is not only worthwhile but must be done. But dont be fooled the agency, its lack of leadership and manner of doing business aint foolin the bad guys. Its a learning experience for them they find and exploit your weaknesses and then use them to their advantage. "Sure and anytime an inmate grieves something, that has nothing to do with his civil rights, the deputy is pulled on the carpet for it and the inmate is immediately believed!" When they will listen to the inmates the inmates win. Its a game for them to keep you off centered worried and busy. Wen they find weakness and a sympathetic ear to your command theyll use that for all its worth.

And what idiot gave them email access and video visits again and the purpose? Make money !!!!

Speaking of idiot, the phrase is "could NOT care less", not "could care less". If you could care less, that means you actually care somewhat. If you could not care less, then it would not be possible to care any less than you do. Everyone hopes you work in a position where you won't have to write a report that will end up getting scrutinized in court or the media, you dumbass.

Unregistered
07-05-2015, 06:49 AM
You have to love these guys(or gals), who attack grammatical errors and incorrect punctuations, because they have no defense against the truth in what others are conveying. Detention/Corrections is not science nor does it require allot of report writing. It does require BALLS, IP. skills and the ability to deal with an administration that does not differentiate between CJIS numbers and CIN numbers. This is the reality of things at LOL.

Unregistered
07-05-2015, 12:14 PM
Speaking of idiot, the phrase is "could NOT care less", not "could care less". If you could care less, that means you actually care somewhat. If you could not care less, then it would not be possible to care any less than you do. Everyone hopes you work in a position where you won't have to write a report that will end up getting scrutinized in court or the media, you dumbass.

Yes speaking of idiot jerkoff

"Idioms
couldn't care less, could not care less; be completely unconcerned:
I couldn't care less whether she goes to the party or not.
Also, could care less."

"In these cases people have tried to apply logic, and it has failed them. Attempts to be logical about I could care less also fail. Taken literally, if one could care less, then one must care at least a little, which is obviously the opposite of what is meant. It is so clearly logical nonsense that to condemn it for being so (as some commentators have done) misses the point. The intent is obviously sarcastic — the speaker is really saying, “As if there was something in the world that I care less about”."

"Etymologists suggest that “I could care less” emerged as a sarcastic variant employing Yiddish humor. They point to the different intonations used in saying “I couldn’t care less” versus “I could care less.” The latter mirrors the intonation of the sarcastic Yiddish-English phrase “I should be so lucky!” where the verb is stressed.

The argument of logic falls apart when you consider the fact that both these phrases are idioms. In English, along with other languages, idioms are not required to follow logic, and to point out the lack of logic in one idiom and not all idioms is…illogical. Take the expression “head over heels,” which makes far less sense than the expression “heels over head” when you think about the physics of a somersault. It turns out “heels over head” entered English around 1400, over 250 years before “head over heels,” however, the “logical” version of this idiom has not been in popular usage since the late Victorian era."

Now that youre all worked up and have not only embarrassed yourself again, allow me to point out what will happen to azzwipes like you who, if they ever get to court and say "Everyone" will get shown to be even dumber than they are. Thus endeth your English lesson for today. Keep boo hooing about nothing instead of supporting what a corrections deputy says.

Youd best hope your crime stats dont get scrutinized in the media.

Unregistered
07-05-2015, 02:28 PM

And you wonder why the agency is in the condition its in? LMAO

There genius I threw you a typo. Have a ball or two.

Unregistered
07-06-2015, 03:15 PM
"We fight as one." That's singular, not plural.

Unregistered
07-06-2015, 09:08 PM
The reason the place can't retain good employees is because nobody wants to work with a bunch of little cry babies who whine about everything all the time. Nobody who whines like these jailers knows how to really fist fight. Real fighters suck it up and press on, too proud to whine like a little baby. So all the real men leave and now the place is full of nothing but little weakling cry babies who can't fist fight.

Unregistered
07-07-2015, 02:09 AM
The reason the place can't retain good employees is because nobody wants to work with a bunch of little cry babies who whine about everything all the time. Nobody who whines like these jailers knows how to really fist fight. Real fighters suck it up and press on, too proud to whine like a little baby. So all the real men leave and now the place is full of nothing but little weakling cry babies who can't fist fight.

See thats the difference between real men and fools. Fools who arent very swift start whining, saying dumb chit like "The reason the place can't retain good employees is because nobody wants to work with a bunch of little cry babies who whine about everything all the time." Good job Killer !! Whine then complain about whiners. Pure genius.

"Real fighters suck it up and press on, too proud to whine like a little baby." Pray tell us what presumably youre sucking up or are you the whiner? You seem very confused. Keep taking and trading punches if you wanna but real cops dont fist fight they win fights and they dont last long.

But I still dont understand are you sucking up or whining? Apparently youre a bit in the dark about the cumulative effect of getting it and may be a victim of one too many shots to the head.

Keep up that left !!!!

Unregistered
07-07-2015, 09:39 AM
Deputies aren't leaving just for the money...the crappy morale, unfair discipline and an admin who won't back you up has alot more to do with why people leave. Was all that money spent on cameras in staff dining to keep us safe? The cameras that will be installed in the pods aren't going to be pointing at the inmates...you know it will be pointing at the deputies desks also. All the money spent on cameras in staff dining yet 3C400 is closed to avoid paying a deputy on that post. Then they want to stand in read off and say it's all about being professional and how they do it all for us...smh. Being professional requires personal feelings being set aside for the better of the unit. Instead they're on a witch hunt for specific Deputies yet a good ol boy uses county supplies and trusties for personal jobs for Admin Cpts and a Major and that's swept under the rug like it never happened and a retirement party is included. Anyone remember when a trusty found the gun in Cpl. Toner's car out back during a car wash in the loading dock? Most don't know because it was also swept under the rug. If it were someone else, Admin would've fire them with a smile on the spot.

Unregistered
07-07-2015, 07:47 PM
Kudos, yet another example of Pasco equal discipline. Is Toner a Sergeant or Lieutenant now?

Unregistered
07-07-2015, 07:56 PM
Kudos, yet another example of Pasco equal discipline. Is Toner a Sergeant or Lieutenant now?

Same Toner who went to IA/Professional Standards?

Unregistered
07-08-2015, 03:26 AM
Same Toner who went to IA/Professional Standards?

Yup, same Toner who's job is to investigate other deputies.

Unregistered
07-08-2015, 01:30 PM
Yup, same Toner who's job is to investigate other deputies.

Now aint that special?

Unregistered
07-08-2015, 05:02 PM
Well, I can tell you from the inside that everyone you people hate is VERY aware of what you think about it. I can also tell you that none of those people care what you think. The more upset you are about it, the more the laughter is hard for them to contain. With everything in life, the question is NEVER what do you think about it. The question is ALWAYS what are you going to do about it??? If your answer is nothing but ***** and complain, nothing will change except maybe more laughter from the brass.

Unregistered
07-08-2015, 06:35 PM
Well, I can tell you from the inside that everyone you people hate is VERY aware of what you think about it. I can also tell you that none of those people care what you think. The more upset you are about it, the more the laughter is hard for them to contain. With everything in life, the question is NEVER what do you think about it. The question is ALWAYS what are you going to do about it??? If your answer is nothing but ***** and complain, nothing will change except maybe more laughter from the brass.

Thats because some of them think there's no one them around smart enough to do em. A select few know thats not true.Everything comes to he who waits.

Unregistered
07-08-2015, 10:06 PM

What are you going to do? Really? The only thing people are doing is leaving! People get tired of the crap, favoritism and double standards with whom they pick and choose. When Riggans' husband was arrested for using his position as a road deputy to steal drugs and then selling them all while on duty she wasn't even placed under investigation. All she had to say was that she didn't know it was going on despite moving from a trailer to a new house...and what next?...she gets promoted to Sgt. and now a Lt. While others get arrested and fired for less.

Unregistered
07-08-2015, 10:34 PM
What are you going to do? Really? The only thing people are doing is leaving! People get tired of the crap, favoritism and double standards with whom they pick and choose. When Riggans' husband was arrested for using his position as a road deputy to steal drugs and then selling them all while on duty she wasn't even placed under investigation. All she had to say was that she didn't know it was going on despite moving from a trailer to a new house...and what next?...she gets promoted to Sgt. and now a Lt. While others get arrested and fired for less.

Its in the power of paper, documenting and keeping your ears open. People have to decide whats best for them and sometimes moving on is what you have to do.

Unregistered
08-01-2015, 02:18 AM
Why stay working at a place like Pasco where they screw with us for sport?

Unregistered
08-01-2015, 04:30 AM
Exactly, why stay? They just hired a private firm to observe how the jail is run. Supposedly they were hired to figure out if it is being run efficiently, safely and to determine whether they can eliminate Deputy positions. What a dump! They wonder why they can't get any applicants, they all go south. The Sheriff has no interest in the jail. The two he has in charge are completely counterproductive to effective correctional operations.