PDA

View Full Version : Next round of promotions

Unregistered
04-17-2015, 09:15 PM
Alright, we got three coming up...probably by the middle of next month...who for each? Discuss....discuss...

Major - ?

Lieutenant - ?

Sergeant - ?

Unregistered
04-20-2015, 01:46 AM
You're so lame.

Guest947
04-20-2015, 04:54 AM
So the major is forced to retire..........what exactly is going to happen to the female leitenent? Can't imagine she's left to run IA. She was carrying enough baggage before this tryst.

Unregistered
04-20-2015, 02:37 PM
Woof woof woof

Unregistered
04-20-2015, 02:41 PM
Who cares anymore. Until things start making sense around here. Good choice for FTO supervisor. Let's see who gets burglary supervisor.

Alright, we got three coming up...probably by the middle of next month...who for each? Discuss....discuss...

Major - ?

Lieutenant - ?

Sergeant - ?

Unregistered
04-21-2015, 02:04 AM
People are stupid. Disappointed in both if the rumors are true.

Unregistered
04-24-2015, 10:22 PM
Simultaneous groans

Unregistered
04-25-2015, 03:22 PM
Who cares anymore. Until things start making sense around here. Good choice for FTO supervisor. Let's see who gets burglary supervisor.

What's gonna make sense? Post your all-star picks for promotion and watch people come on here and crap on them. Everyone has their own opinion and only the Chief's opinion matters.

Unregistered
04-25-2015, 04:49 PM
it only matters if you are in the inner circle. He is zero for two on those promotions...

Unregistered
04-25-2015, 10:13 PM
It was mentioned in another post that the pick is already there as the other ten or fifteen interview and try just to never have a shot. Sick of people getting it that have no time, lazy, gender, race, no peer respect and part of the inner circle (how's that working?) It should be the best candidate and not because there isn't enough of this or that, that's not deserving or a qualification. Well according to someone, they are the next pick. How do they know? As long as somebody gets it who deserves it we would all be fine.

Unregistered
04-26-2015, 02:29 AM
Scratching my head. Again. This isn't rocket science. It makes sense to this lowly peon that the guy with actual experience in burglary would make the best burglary Sgt.

Unregistered
04-26-2015, 02:18 PM
This guys has had more chances than any other chief to get these selections right and has failed us time and time again. This time will be no different I suspect.

He is more worried about what guys think about him than doing what is right. Here's a clue......reward the hard working guys and that is something nobody can argue with.

I'm happy to hear that our cold shoulder at the last fop meeting was felt. You want respect......start doing the right damn thing around here for once.

Unregistered
04-26-2015, 05:12 PM
Its like frickin Groundhog's day. Someone said one Sgt had 5 or 6 yrss in db total and 4 in BURGLARY. I had no idea. What is this administration thinking? I mean, you want the burg numbers up and you put the guy with the personality of doorknob up there with no burg experience. Geniuses, I tell ya! Geniuses!! Makes total freaking sense!!

Unregistered
04-27-2015, 12:00 AM
Doorknob? Let's not insult a doorknob by making that comparison.

Unregistered
04-30-2015, 11:26 AM
Easy on the Burg selection. CW will not be getting anything soon. No matter who is Chief someone always comes in here and complains cause they think they are the best and should have been selected or promoted.... As it was said before what does it matter.....

Unregistered
05-01-2015, 02:31 AM
Upstairs is curious as to why nobody wants to put in for certain CID Units? People come out here and talk to us like we are garbage and they are the elite. Are there problems brewing again, you think by now they would be smart enough to see the real problem instead of ignoring it. Yes, the friend circle. Work is business and what's best for all should be done and that's what the problem is with these promotions and certain IAs being squashed. Fifteen interview but the pick is done way ahead and certain people talk and treat others like garbage and are protected. Our job is just as important. Then these are the ones who get promoted. I think most don't care who it is as long as it is someone good and deserving. There are lots of great guys here. I bet the next will be about gender or race again. People only want fairness and deserving.

Unregistered
05-01-2015, 03:35 PM
Easy on the Burg selection. CW will not be getting anything soon. No matter who is Chief someone always comes in here and complains cause they think they are the best and should have been selected or promoted.... As it was said before what does it matter.....

Agree with this post. This promotion was a gift from above that was unexplainable and regrettable for years to come. Forget about any speciality position.

Unregistered
05-01-2015, 10:38 PM
And why is that? Do you have any problems with his character, work ethic, or qualifications? You sit behind your computer and make a statement like that, well, back it up, buddy. CW has done more at this department than most. He is above reproach and an all around good guy.

Them's fighting words and you best have facts to back up why he basically didn't deserve it. A gift from above? Hardly. He worked a long time and hard for his promotion, for which he has earned my respect.

Agree with this post. This promotion was a gift from above that was unexplainable and regrettable for years to come. Forget about any speciality position.

Unregistered
05-01-2015, 11:55 PM
Funny stuff. Funny because you chose one of the few guys that you can't find fault with. Nice try.

Unregistered
05-02-2015, 12:41 PM
Funny stuff. Funny because you chose one of the few guys that you can't find fault with. Nice try.

Ha!! This is funny! Funny in the sense that you believe he has no fault. He may work for CPD but I wouldn't go as far as to say he works hard for CPD. He may be a nice guy and all but that does not equate to someone who is a hard worker. CW should have never been promoted, he got it because of mistaken identity, plain and simple. Now that's funny stuff!!!

Unregistered
05-02-2015, 01:00 PM
Bitter much? You are so full of crap and obviously don't work with the man. As a dispatcher, I SEE his activity. And if you have any doubts about his credentials, ask anyone with real time on, or ask the man himself instead of coming here and putting down someone who, honestly, I can not think of ANYthing bad to say of him. ANd that is rare these days, especially in this place!!

Ha!! This is funny! Funny in the sense that you believe he has no fault. He may work for CPD but I wouldn't go as far as to say he works hard for CPD. He may be a nice guy and all but that does not equate to someone who is a hard worker. CW should have never been promoted, he got it because of mistaken identity, plain and simple. Now that's funny stuff!!!

Unregistered
05-02-2015, 01:12 PM
Not bitter at all. Just know better. You may think he's a "busy bee"but what do you know sitting behind that computer complaining about everything. Was the worst pick EVER!! Thanks for your unwanted words and thanks for playing but you can go home now. Buh bye!!!

Unregistered
05-03-2015, 07:22 PM
Let's get back to the topic of this thread and hear about who should be chosen to lead us going forward.

Unregistered
05-03-2015, 10:26 PM
We all know there are a lot of deserving people who should be chosen to lead but the gender and other quotas haven't been met yet. Some are chosen for the way they were born and not because they are the best for the job. I think that would be a prejudice against the average boring white male. I'm all for promoting from all backgrounds but don't pick just because. The guy who sits back and does his job that you don't hear a peep from are the ones to be considered, not the ones in the friend circle, backstabbers and kiss butts and people who have had their share of trouble.

Unregistered
05-04-2015, 03:25 AM
Several average boring white guys have been promoted within the last 2 years. And a few were squeaky clean. See the troll's comments a few messages back.
We all know there are a lot of deserving people who should be chosen to lead but the gender and other quotas haven't been met yet. Some are chosen for the way they were born and not because they are the best for the job. I think that would be a prejudice against the average boring white male. I'm all for promoting from all backgrounds but don't pick just because. The guy who sits back and does his job that you don't hear a peep from are the ones to be considered, not the ones in the friend circle, backstabbers and kiss butts and people who have had their share of trouble.

Unregistered
05-04-2015, 06:07 PM
God, I don't miss the backstabbing & liars. But this is someone I will always go to bat for and defend. My former padawan

Unexplainable
• Never an IA in 20 years
• never a drunken brawl
• never pissed on plants at a banquet
• never in a sex scandel
• never any discipline problems
• never a drunken speech in front of city officials
•never reprimanded for anything inappropriate
•never lied in an IA or investigation
•no shenanigans on or off duty
•never pulled over for drunk driving
Damn, the guy doesn't even drink, he goes to church &adopted an orphan.Leave Saint Christopher alone.
SO hell yeah, his promotion is unexplainable. no frickin' dirt! the lesson here is that if you work hard and keep your nose clean, promotion can and does happen. Be patient.

Unregistered
05-04-2015, 11:17 PM
Wifeytonegoodcop: Please understand no here ever said your hubby was a bad guy. What was stated is he is not a leader, it's hard to do from the station behind his computer. Tragically in the same breath you defend him you judge others, please understand no one stated he had character flaws, he does, because he is human, but the question was CW's ability to lead a scene. He has failed at that several times over the last year and you might want to sit down with him and let him tell you about the conversation he has had with Command Staff. He may get a specialty in the future, but for now he needs to settle down and grow into the position.

Unregistered
05-05-2015, 01:49 AM
Yes. Who should be the next chosen ones?
Let's get back to the topic of this thread and hear about who should be chosen to lead us going forward.

Unregistered
05-07-2015, 02:37 AM
Amazing what gets around. Pretty confident or told she would be next or soon. Another bump down in morale. There are so many great leaders right in front of their faces with good work history, time on and knowledge. When will there be some that people can say "hey that's a great pick they are deserving" A normal good person needs to be promoted instead of the kiss butts, friends and backstabbers.

Unregistered
05-07-2015, 04:15 PM
Wait, what? Who?
Amazing what gets around. Pretty confident or told she would be next or soon. Another bump down in morale. There are so many great leaders right in front of their faces with good work history, time on and knowledge. When will there be some that people can say "hey that's a great pick they are deserving" A normal good person needs to be promoted instead of the kiss butts, friends and backstabbers.

Unregistered
05-07-2015, 11:08 PM
Wifeytonegoodcop: Please understand no here ever said your hubby was a bad guy. What was stated is he is not a leader, it's hard to do from the station behind his computer. Tragically in the same breath you defend him you judge others, please understand no one stated he had character flaws, he does, because he is human, but the question was CW's ability to lead a scene. He has failed at that several times over the last year and you might want to sit down with him and let him tell you about the conversation he has had with Command Staff. He may get a specialty in the future, but for now he needs to settle down and grow into the position.

You nailed that one with 100 percent accuracy. Nothing worse than when a guy's wife comes on here to chat with the boys in blue.

Unregistered
05-08-2015, 02:32 AM
Wait, what who? We all hope it can't and won't be true but I guess she knows something the rest don't. So again why bother interviewing if the picks are made. Haha if this happens it's going to be good (the shock and response) but bad for leadership and the people underneath and insulting for those who are way more deserving and qualified. I guess your head needs to be in the right place. This can't be right.

Unregistered
05-08-2015, 03:30 AM
Who are we talking about here? Sgt or Lt? Please provide
Subtle hints........

There is no way anyone knows who is getting promoted already! Not
Around here. Come on, get real.......jk. Lol

Let's see...
05-09-2015, 11:51 PM
This is my forecast to fix the latest little CPD hiccup without really punishing anyone...

TJ promoted to LT remain in OPS

LS moved from OPS To D1

MH promoted from CID to patrol

Current sergeant assigned to OPS to fill TJ's spot vacancy from promotion

We'll know soon! Hold on everyone!

Unregistered
05-10-2015, 01:13 AM
Doesn't surprise me the system is reworked to make some eligible. So this will be several times in a row I've thrown up in my mouth a little.

Unregistered
05-10-2015, 03:24 AM
MH from CID thats funny. No leadership skills or respect. Sure does know how to play the game though. That would be the ultimate moral killer. Better dets to choose from.

Unregistered
05-10-2015, 07:40 AM
This is my forecast to fix the latest little CPD hiccup without really punishing anyone...

TJ promoted to LT remain in OPS

LS moved from OPS To D1

MH promoted from CID to patrol

Current sergeant assigned to OPS to fill TJ's spot vacancy from promotion

We'll know soon! Hold on everyone!

This place is circling the toilet should this theory play out. It's so obvious to everyone what's going on if this does come true. Just another kick in the gut. Let's just hope we get some true leadership and competent people who have really earned these next promotions. Like it was said earlier.....promote Someone based on hard work, dedication, has respect of their peers, loyal, and nobody can complain.

Will that happen this time around????? We shall see............

Unregistered
05-11-2015, 03:00 AM
A lot of us have more respect for ourselves and can sleep at night not playing the game. Pathetic. If your going to pick a Det. there are some great ones who have time on, solved great cases, no IA's, have peer respect and very knowledgable. The same goes for out here, a lot of great people. Disappointment after disappointment. Your average joe who lays low and does his job well gets passed over repeatedly.