PDA

View Full Version : Uncontrolled retirement health insurance costs

Elderly Deputy
04-11-2015, 02:02 AM
Starting this year, no one will be able to retire from BSO without having to go back to work again. Health insurance costs for retireies will be going up substantially every year. With no controls in place its conceivable that the costs will soon be in excess of 50 percent of your pension. That's after figuring in any stipend that you might receive.

Get used to the idea that you will have to work until at least age 65, Medicare age. If medicare still exists then that is....

Most federal agencies along with many local agencies charge their retirees the same for health insurance as they charge their current employees. Why can't BSO do the same? Why can't we get a health insurance policy that covers us anywhere in the nation, not just in a few areas in Florida?

Wait until these new guys realize that they will be stuck in this job until they are old men... Never to be able to afford to leave thanks to health care costs.

Unregistered
04-11-2015, 03:09 AM
Starting this year, no one will be able to retire from BSO without having to go back to work again. Health insurance costs for retireies will be going up substantially every year. With no controls in place its conceivable that the costs will soon be in excess of 50 percent of your pension. That's after figuring in any stipend that you might receive.

Get used to the idea that you will have to work until at least age 65, Medicare age. If medicare still exists then that is....

Most federal agencies along with many local agencies charge their retirees the same for health insurance as they charge their current employees. Why can't BSO do the same? Why can't we get a health insurance policy that covers us anywhere in the nation, not just in a few areas in Florida?

Wait until these new guys realize that they will be stuck in this job until they are old men... Never to be able to afford to leave thanks to health care costs.

You can always apply for Obama Care!

Unregistered
04-11-2015, 03:54 AM
You can always apply for Obama Care!

Yep, Obama care lol. $10,000 deductibles and no doctors that accept it... Lmao!

Unregistered
04-11-2015, 04:27 AM
Yep, Obama care lol. $10,000 deductibles and no doctors that accept it... Lmao!

Hey, Broward County wants an agency full of old do nothing deputies. The county is so currupt that the POLITICANS fear an effective BSO. Well I'm gonna give Broward County what it wants. I'm never leaving and more and more of my fellow deputies are saying the same thing. Our raises don't keep up with the cost of living, insurance is not affordable in retirement... They only leave us with one choice grow old and senile with BSO. Thanks PBA for creating this situation for us!

Unregistered
04-11-2015, 05:04 AM

This is where someday the masses of cops and firefighters need to JOIN RANKS and make the UNIONS work it. National policy for all, or by state but in mass numbers and not separate lodges, WE speak AS ONE GROUP FOR ALL THE MAJOR CARRIERS TO MAKE THEIR BEST OFFER FOR A 3 TO 5 YR DEAL. As it is now, u know that every piddly lodge gets squat, so we need to vote in the union reps who will make the BIG PICTURE HAPPEN...

Unregistered
04-11-2015, 10:58 AM
25 years of this is plenty. My next job will be feeding stray kitties in the Florida Keys and sipping on a Corona from a flat bottom boat.

Unregistered
04-11-2015, 01:51 PM
25 years of this is plenty. My next job will be feeding stray kitties in the Florida Keys and sipping on a Corona from a flat bottom boat.

And 5 years after you retire when your health insurance premiums cost more per month than your pension brings in.... What do you do then? Eat the stray kitties because you can't afforf food?

Unregistered
04-11-2015, 02:55 PM
Hey, Broward County wants an agency full of old do nothing deputies. The county is so currupt that the POLITICANS fear an effective BSO. Well I'm gonna give Broward County what it wants. I'm never leaving and more and more of my fellow deputies are saying the same thing. Our raises don't keep up with the cost of living, insurance is not affordable in retirement... They only leave us with one choice grow old and senile with BSO. Thanks PBA for creating this situation for us!

Hopefully all these old timers stay until they die and never collect a pension. That will ensure the FRS has enough money for the younger Deputies when they retire. It is actually a very effective strategy to take away Deputies pension because most will never collect it.

Unregistered
04-11-2015, 03:20 PM
Hopefully all these old timers stay until they die and never collect a pension. That will ensure the FRS has enough money for the younger Deputies when they retire. It is actually a very effective strategy to take away Deputies pension because most will never collect it.

What most of the younger deputies seem to fail to realize is that one day they will be the elderly deputy. By the time that happens, they will be in an even worse situation then we are in today.

Tell me, what is the single characteristic that all of society's losers have in common? The answer is, they are unable conceive of a future or plan for it. The mentality of the young deputy that I am responding to is the same as every ghetto rat that ever lived... Don't think ahead, think only of yourself and screw everybody else. What a great future BSO has ahead of it lol.

Unregistered
04-11-2015, 04:39 PM
What most of the younger deputies seem to fail to realize is that one day they will be the elderly deputy. By the time that happens, they will be in an even worse situation then we are in today.

Tell me, what is the single characteristic that all of society's losers have in common? The answer is, they are unable conceive of a future or plan for it. The mentality of the young deputy that I am responding to is the same as every ghetto rat that ever lived... Don't think ahead, think only of yourself and screw everybody else. What a great future BSO has ahead of it lol.

Yeah the old timers sure are thoughtful! That's why they forced the STEP freeze on us a few years back.

Unregistered
04-11-2015, 05:10 PM
Yeah the old timers sure are thoughtful! That's why they forced the STEP freeze on us a few years back.

Not the old timers, the corrupt PBA.... The same people that have consistantly lied to the membership and created all of the problems that we have at BSO today. Divide and conquer has always been the PBA way. The PBA needs to go and the membership has to stand together for the good of all. If the PBA remains the bargaining unit we are screwed. It will just be more of the same. By the way... Did you know that **** Brickman was instrumental in getting Coventry for BSO? Did you know that **** Brickman is also part owner of Coventry? Continue to let the PBA manipulate BSO deputies for their own gain, continue to be ignorant of what goes on around you and you'll get what you deserve!

Unregistered
04-11-2015, 09:48 PM
not the old timers, the corrupt pba.... The same people that have consistantly lied to the membership and created all of the problems that we have at bso today. Divide and conquer has always been the pba way. The pba needs to go and the membership has to stand together for the good of all. If the pba remains the bargaining unit we are screwed. It will just be more of the same. By the way... Did you know that **** brickman was instrumental in getting coventry for bso? Did you know that **** brickman is also part owner of coventry? Continue to let the pba manipulate bso deputies for their own gain, continue to be ignorant of what goes on around you and you'll get what you deserve!

i hate coventry! Boo!

Unregistered
04-13-2015, 02:30 AM
I would retire now, but who can afford $1500-$2000 a month for health insurance? It's only going to get higher each year, there is nothing to prevent it from going to $3000-$4000 a month range...

Unregistered
04-13-2015, 11:10 AM
And 5 years after you retire when your health insurance premiums cost more per month than your pension brings in.... What do you do then? Eat the stray kitties because you can't afforf food?

Most cop's don't live five years after they retire. All this stress you've put on your your body is a bill that must be paid in full. The only thing worse than that is dying in your car because you didn't retire. Better off in the keys with a frozen drink in your hand.

Unregistered
04-13-2015, 11:48 AM
I would retire now, but who can afford $1500-$2000 a month for health insurance? It's only going to get higher each year, there is nothing to prevent it from going to $3000-$4000 a month range...

I recently retired. I pay less than $ 200.00 per month (I'm single). Where are you coming up with these outrageous amounts?? Is it the cost for a family of eight people????

Unregistered
04-13-2015, 03:34 PM
You current Deputies better start waking up, your insurance rates will be going way up very soon. It is the works and nobody is doing anything to stop it. If we would all stand together on issues this would be a much better department to work for. Not only is health insurance going up but under attack are raises, pensions, and promotions. Let forget about attacking others and petty issues. Its time to form a united front befor it too late. Once you give up something you will never get it back.

Unregistered
04-13-2015, 07:50 PM
You current Deputies better start waking up, your insurance rates will be going way up very soon. It is the works and nobody is doing anything to stop it. If we would all stand together on issues this would be a much better department to work for. Not only is health insurance going up but under attack are raises, pensions, and promotions. Let forget about attacking others and petty issues. Its time to form a united front befor it too late. Once you give up something you will never get it back.

How much are the rates going to increase? From $ 400 a month to $ 4,000,000 a month?? I've worked with your type for years. The "self-appointed expert on everything", who seems to have the "inside word" on all matters. Wasn't the world supposed to end more than once in the last few years?? Whoops!!! Didn't happen. When is the zombie apocalypse coming?? Huh huh?? Wasn't gas supposed to be $ 10.00/gallon??? Didn't happen. Wasn't Lamberti supposed to win last time around?? Go back to your doom and gloom show, ****face.

Unregistered
04-13-2015, 07:54 PM

Lee Martin was in Pompano roll call this morning saying the Sheriff offered us a 2 yr contract 2% & 2% raise and insurance rates up $50, $100, or $150 depending on coverage. Nice contract , NOT

Unregistered
04-13-2015, 08:12 PM
Bobby Bunghole called this morning and said the rates are going up to $ 10,000,000 a month!!! Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unregistered
04-13-2015, 08:35 PM
How much are the rates going to increase? From $ 400 a month to $ 4,000,000 a month?? I've worked with your type for years. The "self-appointed expert on everything", who seems to have the "inside word" on all matters. Wasn't the world supposed to end more than once in the last few years?? Whoops!!! Didn't happen. When is the zombie apocalypse coming?? Huh huh?? Wasn't gas supposed to be $ 10.00/gallon??? Didn't happen. Wasn't Lamberti supposed to win last time around?? Go back to your doom and gloom show, ****face.

Why am I not surprise by your stupid response. Don't tell me this the best you can come up with. Why are you preoccupied with ****s???

Unregistered
04-13-2015, 10:00 PM
Hey cornholio, how much is the increase in monthly insurance premiums???

Unregistered
04-14-2015, 03:35 AM

Yep BSO is full of idiot deputies. They can't even figure out that it's in their best interest to stick together to help control the health care costs. Why an IQ test isn't required prior to hiring is beyond me. These are the same losers that can't budget their money so they owe everyone in the world and can't pay their bills. They are lazy, irresponsible and blame their self inflicted problems on everyone else. BSO has lowered the standards so much that we are destined to fail as a law enforcement agency. No wonder the public has such a low opinion of us!

Unregistered
04-14-2015, 12:13 PM
Yep BSO is full of idiot deputies. They can't even figure out that it's in their best interest to stick together to help control the health care costs. Why an IQ test isn't required prior to hiring is beyond me. These are the same losers that can't budget their money so they owe everyone in the world and can't pay their bills. They are lazy, irresponsible and blame their self inflicted problems on everyone else. BSO has lowered the standards so much that we are destined to fail as a law enforcement agency. No wonder the public has such a low opinion of us!

I agree 100%. I can't wait to retire and get away from these schmucks.

Unregistered
04-14-2015, 03:19 PM

I'm glad that I am retired. I would hate to listen to your boring dialogue!!!!!

Unregistered
04-14-2015, 10:58 PM

Your the cornhole. I retired in 2011 and the rates have gone up 35% in three years. I can aford the increse so it doesn't hurt me as much as other deputies. But the whole point is why don't your current deputies come together on important issues. In your case and your reponse says it all you are a POS go FYS.

Unregistered
04-15-2015, 01:26 AM
Your the cornhole. I retired in 2011 and the rates have gone up 35% in three years. I can aford the increse so it doesn't hurt me as much as other deputies. But the whole point is why don't your current deputies come together on important issues. In your case and your reponse says it all you are a POS go FYS.

35% increase in three years?? On what planet?? Hey dildoface, go jump off of a bridge!!!!!!!!!

Unregistered
04-15-2015, 02:16 AM
35% increase in three years?? On what planet?? Hey dildoface, go jump off of a bridge!!!!!!!!!

LOL, This moron is obviously some BSO supervisors nightmare. I'm sure that he'll end up in jail or the unemployment line like most of his other brainless compatriots. I'm still flabbergasted at the losers that BSO allows to carry a badge and gun!

Unregistered
04-15-2015, 02:22 AM

You retired in 2011 and you still come on this site to read gossip? You are a loser and the reason why no one comes together. And if you really retired from BSO you would know Deputies here never come together it's all about getting a new charger or cool outer vest carrier and weekends off. Always has been always will be. The biggest reason for this is the absence of a real union. Enjoy the increase in health care cost.

Unregistered
04-15-2015, 11:20 AM
You retired in 2011 and you still come on this site to read gossip? You are a loser and the reason why no one comes together. And if you really retired from BSO you would know Deputies here never come together it's all about getting a new charger or cool outer vest carrier and weekends off. Always has been always will be. The biggest reason for this is the absence of a real union. Enjoy the increase in health care cost.

Keep reading a blog after you retired Loser and enjoy the PBA screwing us of healthcare costs...I'll drop the BSO benefits and use my NYPD Retired FREE no cost benefits

Unregistered
04-15-2015, 03:10 PM

I am hearing that the IUPA board that will be representing us this June will have a retired deputy on it. That way IUPA will be able to protect the interests of both the current, retired and soon to retire deputies.

Unregistered
04-15-2015, 08:54 PM

Your the loser, Yes I come on this site hoping things will change but it has not. I have many friends still working for BSO. I'm the reason no come together NOT. Maybe you will get your Power Ranger uniform one day.

Unregistered
04-16-2015, 01:25 PM
GREAT! One of the PBAs proposals for the new contract is no increase in health insurance premiums. They want BSO to drop the county sponsored insurance, give everyone a $1000 stipend and said that deputies can purchase their own insurance through obamacare! Thanks Lee.

Unregistered
04-16-2015, 05:34 PM
Your the loser, Yes I come on this site hoping things will change but it has not. I have many friends still working for BSO. I'm the reason no come together NOT. Maybe you will get your Power Ranger uniform one day.

I find it extremely hard to believe that you have any friends at all, you piece of crap.

Unregistered
04-16-2015, 05:52 PM
I recently retired. I pay less than $ 200.00 per month (I'm single). Where are you coming up with these outrageous amounts?? Is it the cost for a family of eight people????

Just retired last month. Medical insurance for family of 5 is $1150.00 a month. The deductible for prescriptions is $35, ER is $100, Family doctor $20.00. Those are real numbers. I never thought I would be paying over 13k a year for medical insurance. FYI, that doesn't include dental insurance. Make sure you pay attention to numbers before you retire.

Unregistered
04-16-2015, 06:47 PM
Just retired last month. Medical insurance for family of 5 is $1150.00 a month. The deductible for prescriptions is $35, ER is $100, Family doctor $20.00. Those are real numbers. I never thought I would be paying over 13k a year for medical insurance. FYI, that doesn't include dental insurance. Make sure you pay attention to numbers before you retire.

Thank Goodness I have my retired NYPD insurance that I pay a whooping $0 every month and that includes Health, Dental, Vision, and low cost Meds. Suckas

Unregistered
04-17-2015, 12:48 AM
BSO will be negotiating the new health care contract shortly... Premiums for retirees are
Likely to almost double... I'll be staying until I'm at least 65. This sucks! What's to keep premiums from doubling each year? Nothing!

Unregistered
04-17-2015, 03:37 PM
I find it extremely hard to believe that you have any friends at all, you piece of crap.

Wow what a intelligent response!!!! Please try to come up with something better next time you are so boring.

Unregistered
04-17-2015, 03:59 PM

That sounds like the full amount without the years of service discount. How long were you with BSO? What is the percentage BSO is paying for you?

Unregistered
04-17-2015, 05:03 PM
BSO will be negotiating the new health care contract shortly... Premiums for retirees are
Likely to almost double... I'll be staying until I'm at least 65. This sucks! What's to keep premiums from doubling each year? Nothing!

Another "expert" heard from.

Unregistered
04-20-2015, 08:19 PM
Oh my god!!! Rates are going up??? I just shit my depends!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!

Unregistered
04-21-2015, 01:06 AM
Oh my god!!! Rates are going up??? I just shit my depends!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!

With idiots like this working for BSO, it's no wonder we get crap contracts and keep a corrupt union to represent us.

Unregistered
04-21-2015, 11:44 AM
With idiots like this working for BSO, it's no wonder we get crap contracts and keep a corrupt union to represent us.

And with pathetic, ass kissing losers like yourself, it's no better.

Unregistered
04-22-2015, 09:25 PM
Yep. Retired. Pay over $1100 a month for family coverage, it doesn't matter how many people you have in your family. That doesn't include the extra $90ish for the dental/eye insurance too. I have the open access so thankfully I haven't had any real issues with Coventry....yet (other than paying a ridiculous amount). But I blame that on BSO. But what do they care we are retired and they don't give a sh*t about us.

Unregistered
04-22-2015, 11:08 PM
Don't blame the union or BSO. Blame Obamacare. Why do you think the insurance companies wanted it? To make record profits. Employers and people who have their own plans have seen huge increases in the cost of their plans. That is why employers are offering plans with higher copays in many cases. The unions try but to get better but don't have much luck there. People who have their own plan and kept it have seen their plans that would go up between $5 to $8 a month more after renewal get dinged with a monthly increase of $40 to $41 after Obamacare kicked in for the same plan.

Unregistered
05-08-2015, 03:02 PM
Don't blame the union or BSO. Blame Obamacare. Why do you think the insurance companies wanted it? To make record profits. Employers and people who have their own plans have seen huge increases in the cost of their plans. That is why employers are offering plans with higher copays in many cases. The unions try but to get better but don't have much luck there. People who have their own plan and kept it have seen their plans that would go up between $5 to $8 a month more after renewal get dinged with a monthly increase of $40 to $41 after Obamacare kicked in for the same plan.

Actually, The blame lies with the sheriff. He refuses to get bids from other companies. Federal blue cross blue shield could save the county 100s of thousands and allow employees to pay reasonable rates in retirement regardless of where they live in the country. Federal employees all pay $320 per month for a family plan after retirement.

Do you want to know why we are stuck with Coventry? The company was brought to Broward county employees by Scott Rothstein via his consulting company Edify. Your PBA friend **** Brickman was involved in this, and is part owner of Coventry.

One can only imagine what powerful political forces are at play and wether or not kickbacks and payoffs are involved here....

Unregistered
05-08-2015, 04:35 PM
Yep. Retired. Pay over $1100 a month for family coverage, it doesn't matter how many people you have in your family. That doesn't include the extra $90ish for the dental/eye insurance too. I have the open access so thankfully I haven't had any real issues with Coventry....yet (other than paying a ridiculous amount). But I blame that on BSO. But what do they care we are retired and they don't give a sh*t about us.

That's weird, I have HMO /family open access and pay $550 including the states $150 stipend.

Unregistered
05-08-2015, 04:46 PM
That's weird, I have HMO /family open access and pay $550 including the states $150 stipend.

That's only if you stay in s Florida or a couple of the N fl counties. You have to take the PPO if you move out of those areas, which costs a lot more. All rate are going to increase in October both hmo and ppo. You'll be paying about $1000 then for Hmo.

Unregistered
05-09-2015, 12:13 PM
Actually, The blame lies with the sheriff. He refuses to get bids from other companies. Federal blue cross blue shield could save the county 100s of thousands and allow employees to pay reasonable rates in retirement regardless of where they live in the country. Federal employees all pay $320 per month for a family plan after retirement.

Do you want to know why we are stuck with Coventry? The company was brought to Broward county employees by Scott Rothstein via his consulting company Edify. Your PBA friend **** Brickman was involved in this, and is part owner of Coventry.

One can only imagine what powerful political forces are at play and wether or not kickbacks and payoffs are involved here....

WTF! Is this true?

Unregistered
05-12-2015, 02:19 AM
That's only if you stay in s Florida or a couple of the N fl counties. You have to take the PPO if you move out of those areas, which costs a lot more. All rate are going to increase in October both hmo and ppo. You'll be paying about $1000 then for Hmo.

The out of county PPO rate for my wife and I after all stipends is currently $1500 a month out of pocket. The next raise in premiums will force us out of retirement...

Unregistered
05-14-2015, 10:39 AM
The out of county PPO rate for my wife and I after all stipends is currently $1500 a month out of pocket. The next raise in premiums will force us out of retirement...

No one cares! Obama and people like the sheriff want you to keep working until the day that you die. How else are you going to be able to pay for the entitlements for all of the leaches in this country that have never worked a day in their lives?