PDA

View Full Version : Vice and Intell Selections

Unregistered
04-10-2015, 01:27 PM
What do people think of the selections? What happened to the age old excuse the chief gives that we do not select people from one specialty to go to another?? Yet some go from specialty to specialty to specialty. Odd? Or can we not believe him?

Unregistered
04-10-2015, 03:21 PM
This Chief never said that, but maybe you could go ask him yourself?

Unregistered
04-11-2015, 05:15 PM
I would like think that positions are based on merit, hard work, and experience. That theory is sometimes true and I think the people that are selected for certain things are great for that spot. Then I see people that I don't think deserve or haven't earned a certain spot get it. I think the interview process is pretty silly. The persons work history but more importantly whatever reputation they have sticks with them (good or bad / deserved or not) and it is truly based on that and that alone. I used to try and figure it out but I gave up. I can just say whoever is going to get it will get it and that's it. I don't know why some people are golden that really aren't that great while others that actually are great cops and work hard get the shaft. I guess its just human nature...because now through three different chiefs I have seen the same thing.

Unregistered
04-11-2015, 06:32 PM
NOTE: Don't give the specialty or position or promotion to "your guy", JUST BECAUSE he is your guy. If he's the most qualified, sure. Hoorah and all that, but when the rest of us scratch our head and go, 'Hmmmmm,' something is really wrong.

Morale is low. Stop making the same mistakes.

I would like think that positions are based on merit, hard work, and experience. That theory is sometimes true and I think the people that are selected for certain things are great for that spot. Then I see people that I don't think deserve or haven't earned a certain spot get it. I think the interview process is pretty silly. The persons work history but more importantly whatever reputation they have sticks with them (good or bad / deserved or not) and it is truly based on that and that alone. I used to try and figure it out but I gave up. I can just say whoever is going to get it will get it and that's it. I don't know why some people are golden that really aren't that great while others that actually are great cops and work hard get the shaft. I guess its just human nature...because now through three different chiefs I have seen the same thing.

Unregistered
04-11-2015, 08:51 PM
Welcome to the real world. In the private sector as well as municipal law enforcement candidates are selected based on reputation, relationships and perception of work ethic. If you were making selections, you'd also be utilizing these three elements in some capacity to assist in the decision making process. After you make your decision, there will be dissatisfied candidates and others who pretend that their own selection would be perceived by all to be perfect and beyond reproach. The most recent selections are totally justifiable. If you have the perfect selection process written down somewhere, well then please post it for all to agree with. Good luck.

Unregistered
04-15-2015, 12:32 AM
You know what makes our morale low, it's when the person is picked out ahead of time for whatever position and the other ten or fifteen interview and look like fools because it's all for show to appear fair.

Unregistered
04-15-2015, 04:58 PM
NO. Don't let them make you feel that way.

------ it makes THEM look like fools.

Because the rest of us know. We know. Well, most of us. There are a few walking around with recent promotions or specialty assignments with big freaking heads they can barely fit through a doorway. Sigh. And they think they are all that and better than those not chosen. It's comical. And sad.

Reality check. Whatever you were chosen for, in reality, there were others more qualified and probably just as amazing you are or ever more awesomer. So, step it down a notch, sporto. Favoritism and the buddy buddy system are quite apparent to the rest of us Joes.

You know what makes our morale low, it's when the person is picked out ahead of time for whatever position and the other ten or fifteen interview and look like fools because it's all for show to appear fair.

Unregistered
04-25-2015, 10:23 PM
Yes the picks are already known while the rest interview and look like fools thinking they have a shot. I'm all for the best and most qualified for a position but shouldn't you have to know you current job and have some initiative. That's crazy, why would one care when they know they are leaving soon after just getting there.

Unregistered
05-03-2015, 10:38 PM
It was said above "Morale is low. Stop making the same mistakes." I totally agree but if this person gets Sgt. it will blow your mind. Talk about a hit to the gut and a further knockdown in morale. I hope the talk is wrong but if not I will let you know after. Buckle your seatbelts.