PDA

View Full Version : The PBA Ponzi

Unregistered
03-31-2015, 12:51 AM
1/1/11 through 1/31/11 Beginning Liabilities $1,912,601 ending $1,855,924 ( Good thing)

1/1/12 through 1/31/12 Beginning Liabilities $1,855,924 ending $1,993,504 (bad) increased debt 140k

1/1/13 through 1/31/13 Beginning Liabilities $1,993,504 ending $2,212,803 (bad) increased debt 220k

Payroll Name 2011 2012 2013

Richard Brickman $18,000 $16,500 $18,000
Linda Brickman $56,984 $56,988 $47,000
Jeff Marano $33,800 $34,400 $51,753
Lee Martin $0 $0 $7,200
Lynn Covett $42,213 $42,213 $18,820
Megan Gordon $28,678 $28,678 $17,802
Claudia Estrada $49,594 $40,413 $ 0
Barbara Duffy $92,239 $76,277 $ 0
Maryann Hatch $44,223 $44,348 $45,901
Kim Finley $47,970 $48,415 $55,875
Chris Finley $11,579 $ 0 $ 0
Patrick Hanrahan $16,800 $15,400 $ 0
Debbie Reggio $ 0 $ 0 $7,200
Rodney Skirvin $ 0 $ 0 $12,000
Andrew Brooks $ 0 $ 0 $ 7,200
Pedro Cabrera $ 0 $ 0 $5,850
Leonard Goffe $ 0 $ 0 $9,929
Julio Gonzalez $ 0 $ 0 $60,577
Christopher Palamara $ 0 $ 0 $1,750
Irene Shaw $ 0 $ 0 $22,325
Ann Saunders $ 0 $ 0 $ 9,458
Keith Wadsworth $ 0 $ 0 $1,000
Cornelius Vaughan $ 0 $ 0 $1,000

Membership is down. Dues money collected is the same. Payroll is expanded ant total liabilities (debt) is way up. Makes you wonder if the PBA is counting the AFLAC money collected from your paycheck as dues to help balance the books better. PONZI The 2014 taxes have not been filed.

Julio Gonzalez, the head general counsel of the PBA is only making $9,000 more than Jeff Marano. The PBA tells you they have hired the best but it appears that they are paying him as a bargain basement left over.

Unregistered
03-31-2015, 01:03 AM
Who can pick out the family relations to the Payroll ? This is bad. How can the debt of the PBA be increasing by 200 grand a year?

Unregistered
03-31-2015, 01:09 AM
Who can pick out the family relations to the Payroll ? This is bad. How can the debt of the PBA be increasing by 200 grand a year?

Good question! PBA is so crooked it amazes me that a corrupt organization can represent Law Enforcement!

Unregistered
03-31-2015, 01:45 AM
When you make all 3 posts with in 10 minutes of each other around 1am it's pretty obvious it's one person who's doing it. IUPA tatics are so transparent it's amazing they want to represent law enforcement.

Unregistered
03-31-2015, 01:54 AM
When you make all 3 posts with in 10 minutes of each other around 1am it's pretty obvious it's one person who's doing it. IUPA tatics are so transparent it's amazing they want to represent law enforcement.

Nice try A whole, I made the latest post and you assume there's a conspiracy. I can't speak for the second post.

Unregistered
03-31-2015, 02:10 AM
I have a question. If we vote out the PBA what would happen to them? It looks to me that BSO is financially supporting the PBA (Hollywood PD, Coconut Creek and Hallandale Beach PD).

Unregistered
03-31-2015, 02:25 AM
I have a question. If we vote out the PBA what would happen to them? It looks to me that BSO is financially supporting the PBA (Hollywood PD, Coconut Creek and Hallandale Beach PD).

The answer is - PBA falls like a house of cards

Unregistered
03-31-2015, 03:14 AM

Really why would you say that? Last time I looked BSO makes up about half the Broward PBA and thus pays half the dues. In the past 2 or 3 years most of the names I see in the paper and will require costly defenses belong to BSO and Fort Lauderdale, that being said I think it's the rest of the PBA are supplementing BSO.

Unregistered
03-31-2015, 03:20 AM
The answer is - PBA falls like a house of cards

This is why it's obvious IUPA is not the answer it so clear they are more concerned with hurting the PBA rather then doing anything to actually improve our work enviroment which would clearly explain why when their asked what improvments they will make if they were to win all they can do is say "the PBA sucks". I can't speak for anyone else but before I end a relationship with our union which kept us afloat and pretty whole during the worse financial downturn since the great depression I want to know what I'm getting in return??

really
03-31-2015, 04:16 AM
Dont avoid the subject. I see numbers against the PBA, nothing contradicting those numbers.

dep
03-31-2015, 04:19 AM
Time for a show down. No BS! Facts only! PBA vs IUPA. Board and legal staff vs Board and legal staff. Bring it.

Unregistered
03-31-2015, 12:03 PM
[QUOTE=Unregistered;2137272]This is why it's obvious IUPA is not the answer it so clear they are more concerned with hurting the PBA rather then doing anything to actually improve our work enviroment which would clearly explain why when their asked what improvments they will make if they were to win all they can do is say "the PBA sucks". I can't speak for anyone else but before I end a relationship with our union which kept us afloat and pretty whole during the worse financial downturn since the great depression I want to know what I'm getting in return??[/QUOT

Hurting the PBA? Its called exposing the criminal enterprise of the Broward PBA. Its not hurting the members, its helping the members by telling them the truth. Keep the mind set of blame the victim and see how far it gets you. Go have a talk with Marano and ask him if there is anything else you should know about and see what he says. When it all comes crashing down, who are you going to blame?

Unregistered
03-31-2015, 04:30 PM
[QUOTE=Unregistered;2137272]This is why it's obvious IUPA is not the answer it so clear they are more concerned with hurting the PBA rather then doing anything to actually improve our work enviroment which would clearly explain why when their asked what improvments they will make if they were to win all they can do is say "the PBA sucks". I can't speak for anyone else but before I end a relationship with our union which kept us afloat and pretty whole during the worse financial downturn since the great depression I want to know what I'm getting in return??[/QUOT

Hurting the PBA? Its called exposing the criminal enterprise of the Broward PBA. Its not hurting the members, its helping the members by telling them the truth. Keep the mind set of blame the victim and see how far it gets you. Go have a talk with Marano and ask him if there is anything else you should know about and see what he says. When it all comes crashing down, who are you going to blame?

I haven't seen IUPA post one truthful thing yet, my particular favorite is "the PBA imposed a take home car fee on its members". Absolute nonsense the membership imposed that fee on the membership. You know when I know IUPA people are lying when their lips are moving.

Unregistered
03-31-2015, 04:54 PM
The membership imposed that fee on that membership. OMG that's a doozy. Who's job is it to divide the membership? The PBA apparently. You the PBA left every out of county deputy out in the cold. You betrayed us by doing Lamberti's dirty work. I'm still waiting on an apology for your failure to represent us equally, taking our entire raise away, and violating our employment contract. You've lost your way PBA. Failure to lead. You used to be great now you're just out for yourselves.

Unregistered
03-31-2015, 07:51 PM
[QUOTE=Unregistered;2140448]

I haven't seen IUPA post one truthful thing yet, my particular favorite is "the PBA imposed a take home car fee on its members". Absolute nonsense the membership imposed that fee on the membership. You know when I know IUPA people are lying when their lips are moving.

Not one truthful thing? are you smoking crack? Every post has been verified with links to the property appraisers office, clerk of the courts........ There has not been one untruthful thing. Go verify the payroll yourself with the state.

Unregistered
03-31-2015, 08:53 PM
[QUOTE=Unregistered;2141985]

Not one truthful thing? are you smoking crack? Every post has been verified with links to the property appraisers office, clerk of the courts........ There has not been one untruthful thing. Go verify the payroll yourself with the state.

There have been about 100 allegations made against the PBA other financial ones, the take home car fee was just one example of false information being put out by IUPA, none of those allegations have been backed up with any supporting documentation. As far as the financials go yes your correct the PBA has lost a small amount of money the last couple of years but they are not a for profit business, though obviously running in the red is never a good thing. That being said a day at IUPA cannot document is why the PBA lost money, was it higher than normal legal fees, was the rentals of the PBA Hall lower then anticipated, did the PBA donate more money to local candidates then usual or combination of these or other factors. When you can document to me and the rest of the membership as to why the PBA specifically is running in and that doesn't mean railing about credit card bills and dinners you can't document then I'll believe there is an issue with management. Until I see that it just seems like a lot of unverified rhetoric.

Unregistered
03-31-2015, 09:12 PM
[QUOTE=Unregistered;2143037]

There have been about 100 allegations made against the PBA other financial ones, the take home car fee was just one example of false information being put out by IUPA, none of those allegations have been backed up with any supporting documentation. As far as the financials go yes your correct the PBA has lost a small amount of money the last couple of years but they are not a for profit business, though obviously running in the red is never a good thing. That being said a day at IUPA cannot document is why the PBA lost money, was it higher than normal legal fees, was the rentals of the PBA Hall lower then anticipated, did the PBA donate more money to local candidates then usual or combination of these or other factors. When you can document to me and the rest of the membership as to why the PBA specifically is running in and that doesn't mean railing about credit card bills and dinners you can't document then I'll believe there is an issue with management. Until I see that it just seems like a lot of unverified rhetoric.

The PBA hall is a separate for profit business. Political donations can only come from PAC fund or specifically specified political fund accounts. Neither should be taken from or put into general revenue. Yes, attorney fees may impact general revenue but I think the point is why doesn't the PBA explain their finances to the membership? Don't we have a right to know? It's our money! IUPA will never see the PBA books to explain to you the discrepancies. The PBA won't even show the board their books. Ask yourself why all the secrecy even from the board? Red flags pop up in my mind

Unregistered
03-31-2015, 10:17 PM
[QUOTE=Unregistered;2143371]

The PBA hall is a separate for profit business. Political donations can only come from PAC fund or specifically specified political fund accounts. Neither should be taken from or put into general revenue. Yes, attorney fees may impact general revenue but I think the point is why doesn't the PBA explain their finances to the membership? Don't we have a right to know? It's our money! IUPA will never see the PBA books to explain to you the discrepancies. The PBA won't even show the board their books. Ask yourself why all the secrecy even from the board? Red flags pop up in my mind

Does anyone know if Marano receives a paycheck from Broward County PBA Executive Complex, Inc (Meeting Hall)? Check out the graph that connects everything. http://www.corporationwiki.com/Florida/Fort-Lauderdale/broward-county-pba-executive-complex-inc-6369876.aspx

Unregistered
03-31-2015, 10:42 PM
The problem is the PBA doesn't not answer questions when asked. We asked for something in writing that our union will be fighting to get rid of that imposed fuel charge and same tri-county vehicle privaleges during negotiations. As a paying member, I/we deserve to know what we are paying for. Many of us are actually making less than we did 5+ years ago because of that FRS contribution and fuel charge!!

Myself along with many others will leave the PBA if this vehicle issue is not fixed. We all work for the same agency and should not be divided.

Unregistered
04-01-2015, 01:43 AM
The problem is the PBA doesn't not answer questions when asked. We asked for something in writing that our union will be fighting to get rid of that imposed fuel charge and same tri-county vehicle privaleges during negotiations. As a paying member, I/we deserve to know what we are paying for. Many of us are actually making less than we did 5+ years ago because of that FRS contribution and fuel charge!!

Myself along with many others will leave the PBA if this vehicle issue is not fixed. We all work for the same agency and should not be divided.

Who's we and can we get a copy of the letter you sent the PBA demanding the PBA get rid of out of county fee?

Unregistered
04-01-2015, 05:30 AM
To all the jug heads,

Why would you want to keep the PBA? What have they done for us? Think about this...how's out raises looking like lately? How about Coventry? How about that detail rate? How about the fact they do absolutely nothing for us, and we continue to pay them! I'm done throwing my money away I'll go to PLEA, save some coin AND get much better legal representation that is not affiliated with bso in any way whatsoever. To everyone else keep throwing all that money to the PBA for nothing, I'm don't drinking the kool aide.

Unregistered
04-01-2015, 07:42 AM

I'm a BSO Deputy who lives in the same county that I chose to work in. I already pay my taxes to Broward County. Why should I pay for your non taxing paying ass for YOU to use your unit? If you don't agree leave or move to Broward County or simply write the fuel charge off on your taxes at the end of the year as a business expense.

Unregistered
04-01-2015, 11:12 AM
I'm a BSO Deputy who lives in the same county that I chose to work in. I already pay my taxes to Broward County. Why should I pay for your non taxing paying ass for YOU to use your unit? If you don't agree leave or move to Broward County or simply write the fuel charge off on your taxes at the end of the year as a business expense.

Finally the ignorant have spoken. If you understood anything about employment law you would know that fuel expense was sold to incoming employees as a perc. It was a part of the employment agreement when they were hired which makes it a legally binding contract. That contract was violated by AL Lamberti and the PBA helped him do it. Instead of uniting the membership they divided the membership and got in bed with management to screw out of county deputies. The reason you should care about that is because it is a betrayal of what we all pay them to do. The whole idea of any union is united we stand and divided we fall. They betrayed the trust we all put in them and why? To gain favor with management. That is the opposite of what a union is supposed to do. I've actually watched them change. When I first got here they were all for the deputies. That has changed. Did you know while we were getting 0,2, and 2 raises Palm Beach County was getting 5% raises. Why is that? The reason is because their Sheriff AND their UNION fought for them. Wake up.......

Unregistered
04-01-2015, 09:04 PM
Finally the ignorant have spoken. If you understood anything about employment law you would know that fuel expense was sold to incoming employees as a perc. It was a part of the employment agreement when they were hired which makes it a legally binding contract. That contract was violated by AL Lamberti and the PBA helped him do it. Instead of uniting the membership they divided the membership and got in bed with management to screw out of county deputies. The reason you should care about that is because it is a betrayal of what we all pay them to do. The whole idea of any union is united we stand and divided we fall. They betrayed the trust we all put in them and why? To gain favor with management. That is the opposite of what a union is supposed to do. I've actually watched them change. When I first got here they were all for the deputies. That has changed. Did you know while we were getting 0,2, and 2 raises Palm Beach County was getting 5% raises. Why is that? The reason is because their Sheriff AND their UNION fought for them. Wake up.......

Ok really is the new IUPA spin on history lol. First it was just the PBAs fault that they imposed the fee on the membership. Once that was proven to be a lie now it's Sheriff Lambertis fault and the PBA helpes him do it. How exactly did the PBA do that I can't wait to hear this piece of fiction?? I remember very clearly the PBA Union Rep coming into roll call and telling us we were get to gat a 13 percent raise with an additional longevity step and raises in night diff and FTO pay but there was going to be an out of county take home fee. Everyone in roll call began to clap saying it was the best contract they had ever seen. All the out of county Deputies were upset and all the Deputies who lives in Browsed said what do I care I love in Browsed County of you dont like it move. The contract passed by 90 percent and the fee was imposed. The only people who are try I g to divide us is IUPA by telling these ridiculous lies.

Unregistered
04-02-2015, 02:57 AM
Ok really is the new IUPA spin on history lol. First it was just the PBAs fault that they imposed the fee on the membership. Once that was proven to be a lie now it's Sheriff Lambertis fault and the PBA helpes him do it. How exactly did the PBA do that I can't wait to hear this piece of fiction?? I remember very clearly the PBA Union Rep coming into roll call and telling us we were get to gat a 13 percent raise with an additional longevity step and raises in night diff and FTO pay but there was going to be an out of county take home fee. Everyone in roll call began to clap saying it was the best contract they had ever seen. All the out of county Deputies were upset and all the Deputies who lives in Browsed said what do I care I love in Browsed County of you dont like it move. The contract passed by 90 percent and the fee was imposed. The only people who are try I g to divide us is IUPA by telling these ridiculous lies.

13% raise???? What??? Please we have not received a 13% raise! Now the PBA is full of shizat!

Unregistered
04-02-2015, 03:04 AM
13% raise???? What??? Please we have not received a 13% raise! Now the PBA is full of shizat!

It's true...but the 13% raise came over the last 12 years. This is below the yearly cost of living increase so we have lost money...thanks PBA!

Unregistered
04-02-2015, 04:20 PM
It's true...but the 13% raise came over the last 12 years. This is below the yearly cost of living increase so we have lost money...thanks PBA!

Again how is that the PBAs fault the memebership bored for the contract that the Sheriff offered. If your so unhappy with the contracts the only people to blame are your co workers they voted the contracts down and demanded more it's very likely they might get. The PBA is. required by law to present any reasonable offered made and our current contract is a perfect example. Its far from great but I'm under the financial realities of the time but instead of fighting for more the membership rolled over and took what was offered. As much as you IUPA guys would like to you can't shoot the messenger and you can't keep lying to the membership either for your own selfish purposes. I know you IUPA guys put a lot of hard work into what your doing which is admirable but post like this prove your not ready.

Unregistered
04-02-2015, 04:32 PM
How can anyone trust the PBA voting process? Just ask PBA rep Mark Berman at the airport. He witnessed prisoner Poole bring in a stack of ballots after the ballot counting already started during A vote. He alerted then president Brickman about the improper ballots but Brickman allowed the ballots. When Berman and Diperna called the first 6of 20 people they saw as late ballots, all 6 deputies denied ever voting. Again Brickman was told but he stated " Jeff Poole would not do that " its a felony. There is no integrity in the ballot process. Comin theme at the PBA in Broward County with reps and exec board members either being investigted criminaly or felony arrest pasts.

Unregistered
04-02-2015, 04:37 PM
I'm convinced the PBA is nothing but lies at this point. Useless.

Unregistered
04-02-2015, 08:52 PM
I'm convinced the PBA is nothing but lies at this point. Useless.

Really what exactly did they lie about that you can physically document to the membership, I can't wait to see your reply??

Unregistered
04-02-2015, 08:57 PM
How can anyone trust the PBA voting process? Just ask PBA rep Mark Berman at the airport. He witnessed prisoner Poole bring in a stack of ballots after the ballot counting already started during A vote. He alerted then president Brickman about the improper ballots but Brickman allowed the ballots. When Berman and Diperna called the first 6of 20 people they saw as late ballots, all 6 deputies denied ever voting. Again Brickman was told but he stated " Jeff Poole would not do that " its a felony. There is no integrity in the ballot process. Comin theme at the PBA in Broward County with reps and exec board members either being investigted criminaly or felony arrest pasts.

That is all a true story but it wasn't a stack of ballots it was 6 ballots and when Mark Berman and Russ called him out in a Board meeting he resigned a short time later. To my knowledge Debbie Reggio has been handling the elections since and I have not heard one complaint from BSO or any other agency. Congratulations IUPA you finally posted something on here that was mostly true let's keep the momentum going!!!

Unregistered
04-02-2015, 09:28 PM
I heard the PBA is purposing $40 detail rate, but the sheriff gets $4 an hour instead of $2? Is this true? Talk about 1 step forward, 2 steps back!!
DUMP THE PBA!!!

Unregistered
04-02-2015, 09:49 PM
Your correct, our union is supposed to bring anything REASONABLE to us for a vote. Why would the PBA think anything is reasonable that divides the deputies and violates the agreement we were hired under. Who decides if it's reasonable??????? I guarantee a strong Union like the fire department would NEVER of brought something so stupid back to their membership to vote on. At least let the out of county deputies that are paying for their cars have the same off duty privaleges as the Broward guys. This would at least unite us a little more and let BSO get its fuel charge.

Unregistered
04-02-2015, 09:54 PM
I heard the PBA is purposing $40 detail rate, but the sheriff gets $4 an hour instead of $2? Is this true? Talk about 1 step forward, 2 steps back!!
DUMP THE PBA!!!

I strongly agree with dumping the PBA, but your math is a tad off. It's 3 steps forward and 2 steps back! It's still a joke if this is true.

Unregistered
04-02-2015, 10:50 PM
DUMP THE PBA!!!

More IUPA lies, maybe you should look at your check more often the Sheriff's Office gets $4.00 an hour from your detail pay now and has for the last 5 years since it went to 37.00 an hour. So much for keeping the momentum of telling the truth!!

Unregistered
04-02-2015, 10:55 PM
Your correct, our union is supposed to bring anything REASONABLE to us for a vote. Why would the PBA think anything is reasonable that divides the deputies and violates the agreement we were hired under. Who decides if it's reasonable??????? I guarantee a strong Union like the fire department would NEVER of brought something so stupid back to their membership to vote on. At least let the out of county deputies that are paying for their cars have the same off duty privaleges as the Broward guys. This would at least unite us a little more and let BSO get its fuel charge.

First of all a 15 percent raise with raises in FTO and night diff would be pretty reasonable by anyone's definition and since 90 percent of the membership ratified it I guess that they thought it was pretty reasonable too. Just more IUPA lies, can you guys tell the truth about anything. If you guys knew anything about politics or labor you would know never to say anything that can easily proven false, but you guys never learn and just thin that mudslinging false allegations is the way to go. You guys unfortunately don't get it and I don't think you ever Will which is why you will lose again.

Unregistered
04-02-2015, 10:59 PM
DUMP THE PBA!!!

What's even more amusing is IUPA who wants us to vote for then doesn't even know how much the Sheriffs Office takes from our detail pay. I'm not sure if that's just pathetic of scarey. The last time they were only taking out 2.00 was when Jenne was Sheriff.

Unregistered
04-03-2015, 12:10 AM
We already know our full release PBA minion has trouble with the truth. Wasn't he arrested on 16 felony counts for lying in police reports? And what about his new bff out of dania who is defenfing the pba just so she can get off the road? Santucci incident just will not go away with your integrity either.

Unregistered
04-03-2015, 12:35 AM
Really what exactly did they lie about that you can physically document to the membership, I can't wait to see your reply??

The biggest lie you're selling is pretending as though you had nothing to do with the out of county fuel charge that violated our employment contract. You set it up, you orchestrated it, and your hands are soiled with it. Now you act as though you're an innocent third party in this. Let me tell you...you will answer for your arrogance in this matter and for getting in bed with Lamberti. Three numbers I want to remind you of 0, 2, and 2....except the last 2 is really a 0 because we are taking that back and calling it a fuel charge. LIARS.

Unregistered
04-03-2015, 12:51 AM
If the gas charge was on the up and up, then why was Dean Mira told no when he asked to be a part of the gas charge committee? You can ask him. Not one person living out of Broward sat on that committee.

Unregistered
04-03-2015, 12:59 AM
The biggest lie you're selling is pretending as though you had nothing to do with the out of county fuel charge that violated our employment contract. You set it up, you orchestrated it, and your hands are soiled with it. Now you act as though you're an innocent third party in this. Let me tell you...you will answer for your arrogance in this matter and for getting in bed with Lamberti. Three numbers I want to remind you of 0, 2, and 2....except the last 2 is really a 0 because we are taking that back and calling it a fuel charge. LIARS.

Dude are you smoking something seriously. Please tell me how the PBA orchestrated the fuel charge and then got 90 percent of the membership to vote for it?? Please tell me how that happened I can't wait to hear this complete work of fiction. The only way a contract can get approved is the majority of the membership approve it. Even with the current contract which I will say is not the best but the membership voted for it with over 70 percent of the membership voting to ratify the contract. How can you blame the PBA of the membership is willing to take take what is offered?? You IUPA guys need to wake up and realize no one is buying what your selling anymore and if you want to win your going to have to attack this from a different angle. Your mudslinging is not working as your lies are so easily disproved.

Unregistered
04-03-2015, 01:03 AM
If the gas charge was on the up and up, then why was Dean Mira told no when he asked to be a part of the gas charge committee? You can ask him. Not one person living out of Broward sat on that committee.

It's because it was fixed they were in bed with Lamberti all the way. He'll they were in bed with Lamberti during the last election. Tired of the lies and BS.

Unregistered
04-03-2015, 01:10 AM
Another lie there as no gas charge committee, that would actually be funny if it wasn't so sad lol. I was watching in auditorium of the PSB in 2007 when the PBA Sat down for a negotiating session with the Sheriff's Office and the Sheriff offered The 15 percent raise but demanded the gas sur charge. When PBA Reps Bailen, Berman and Diperna started telling that they wanted the fee in an effort to divide the membership, county vs. Out of County and Colonel Wright said it was take it or leave it as a package and the PBA had no choice but to present it to the membership because it was certainly a reasonable offer and the membership voted for it by a 90 percent! Lies lies and more lies it's becoming synonymous with the IUPA name.

Unregistered
04-03-2015, 01:10 AM
Dude are you smoking something seriously. Please tell me how the PBA orchestrated the fuel charge and then got 90 percent of the membership to vote for it?? Please tell me how that happened I can't wait to hear this complete work of fiction. The only way a contract can get approved is the majority of the membership approve it. Even with the current contract which I will say is not the best but the membership voted for it with over 70 percent of the membership voting to ratify the contract. How can you blame the PBA of the membership is willing to take take what is offered?? You IUPA guys need to wake up and realize no one is buying what your selling anymore and if you want to win your going to have to attack this from a different angle. Your mudslinging is not working as your lies are so easily disproved.

If this agency votes for PBA again then they deserve to be lied to. As far as your voting percentages are concerned it's already been shown you guys were fixing the votes. What a joke. I'm not IUPA I'm just sick of being lied to. If you PBA were a girlfriend you would've been dumped a long time ago because you're a cheating whore.

Unregistered
04-03-2015, 01:15 AM
It's because it was fixed they were in bed with Lamberti all the way. He'll they were in bed with Lamberti during the last election. Tired of the lies and BS.

So your saying the PBA was able to secure a 15 percent raise for the membership, the biggest in 20 years which was 6 percent more then the Sheriff was offering and cost the Sheriff's Office 6 million more anually in exchange for the gas fee which made the Sheriff's Office approximately 85,000 a year. Dam you IUPA guys are just getting desperate with theses ridiculous stories. Just stick to the issues of what your going to do to make the agency better and stop with all the obvious fiction your embarassing yourselves!!

Unregistered
04-03-2015, 01:18 AM
If this agency votes for PBA again then they deserve to be lied to. As far as your voting percentages are concerned it's already been shown you guys were fixing the votes. What a joke. I'm not IUPA I'm just sick of being lied to. If you PBA were a girlfriend you would've been dumped a long time ago because you're a cheating whore.

Perfect example of what I have been saying all you can do is sling mud but you can't argue the actual factual information because you know it's true. You have an axe to grind with the PBA and it might be justified but telling lies and bad mouthing your brother Deputies is disgraceful.

Unregistered
04-03-2015, 01:20 AM
So your saying the PBA was able to secure a 15 percent raise for the membership, the biggest in 20 years which was 6 percent more then the Sheriff was offering and cost the Sheriff's Office 6 million more anually in exchange for the gas fee which made the Sheriff's Office approximately 85,000 a year. Dam you IUPA guys are just getting desperate with theses ridiculous stories. Just stick to the issues of what your going to do to make the agency better and stop with all the obvious fiction your embarassing yourselves!!

15% raise.......explain 0,2, and 2? Are you denying you jumped in bed with management?

Unregistered
04-03-2015, 01:50 AM
From looking at the PBA financial statements and a $2.12 million debt, I think it is safe to say that if BSO leaves the PBA, it would be nearly impossible to financially survive. Half of th dues would disappear, the debt would still be there and the PBA would no longer be able to inflate the dues numbes because they are counting th AFLAC money as dues money. Another scheme between the PBA and Lamberti. Wonder if there was a kickback to Lamberti for helping the PBA funnel more money ? Makes you wonder.

Unregistered
04-03-2015, 03:03 AM
15% raise.......explain 0,2, and 2? Are you denying you jumped in bed with management?

The 15 percent raise was a 3 year contract from 2007 to 2010. The current contract was offered when the economy was in the toilet and most agencies weren't getting any raises but if you were able to fix your faulty recollection the Sheriff also froze medical for 3 years and began step raises and longevity steps again and there was a no layoff clause. Was this the best contract ever definitely not, do I think we should have gotten a raise the first year, yes I do but under the financial realities of the time I don't think it was terrible either. Pines, West Palm Beach PD, Hollywood, and Miami PD(all reasonably large agencies) all lost their step raises, had their medical costs go through the roof, lost specialized assignment pay and some paid more for their cars. With the larger agencies in the area losing benefits as described above the contract that was offered wasn't so bad for the financial realities of the time. So to clarify if we were not going through the worst economic downturn since the great depression would I vote for our current contract absolutely not, but with the financial realities of the time I voted for it.

Unregistered
04-03-2015, 03:10 AM
From looking at the PBA financial statements and a $2.12 million debt, I think it is safe to say that if BSO leaves the PBA, it would be nearly impossible to financially survive. Half of th dues would disappear, the debt would still be there and the PBA would no longer be able to inflate the dues numbes because they are counting th AFLAC money as dues money. Another scheme between the PBA and Lamberti. Wonder if there was a kickback to Lamberti for helping the PBA funnel more money ? Makes you wonder.

I didn't see two million in debt on those forms and can you provide written proof of this scam with AFLAC because this is the first I'm hearing about it? Also if this scam actually exists did you write an event report, report to FDLE, the Broward SAO, FBI, Sunsentinal etc? Aren't you a sworn law enforcement officer, wouldn't that be your job and not come in here whining about it??

Unregistered
04-03-2015, 01:43 PM
Here is truth backed by links.

A union elected by Deputies, controlled by Deputies and run by Deputies is what your Local IUPA 6020 represents. You will have direct access through your IUPA local to an attorney 24/7 that values your privacy, and the conversation you have with your attorney will be kept confidential unless YOU decide to disclose information to others. Attorneys specializing in labor law will negotiate your next contract instead of Deputies in specialized units. All this can happen but YOU need to send in your PERC cards in order to establish an election. PERC cards are 100% confidential. At no point will the PBA or BSO be entitled to see the signed PERC cards.

If you could choose any union to represent you, would you choose one that has no full-time labor attorney? Would you choose a union which requires you to seek approval for representation over $3,500 in civil matters? Would you choose a union that demands reimbursement for attorney fees if you win a judgment? Would you choose a union that is in serious debt? If you answered yes, then you have the PBA. Before believing more of the PBA lies, please understand who represents you and the lengths that they will go to in order to keep your dues money flowing.

There have been calls to internal affairs and complaints regarding the IUPA campaign and literature being distributed. Has the PBA called in personal favors to supporters in an attempt to stop the flow of IUPA literature? Your Local IUPA 6020 members stand on their integrity and vow to stand up for every union member unlike the PBA’s selective representation. Why is the PBA this scared of an election?

Before saying no to a PERC election, maybe you should question why the PBA has a 1.46 million dollar mortgage on their building that was purchased 21 years ago for $568,000. You should question the amount of refinancing the PBA has done over the years to include a $300,000 mortgage from Tony Alfaro (PBA Attorney). https://officialrecords.broward.org/oncoreV2/showdetails.aspx?id=46045611&rn=24&pi=2&ref=search

Broward County PBA Board Members and regular members have not been able to see a financial report despite several requests. The Broward County PBA has never produced a copy of the bylaws despite requests from former board members. Please feel free to ask for a breakdown of where your dues go and financial records for the last year and see what happens.

As long as Jeff Marano and **** Brickman are associated with the PBA, the Hollywood agenda will always be a priority, and the Sheriff’s Office will always be financially used to fund this agenda. It was Marano and Brickman who refused you the opportunity to vote on who to endorse for Sheriff during the last election. It is time to break away from the PBA and have a union that is elected by Deputies, run by Deputies and controlled by Deputies. Do you really think the administration will be in a giving mood after Marano and Brickman stabbed the Sheriff in the back during the last election? We need attorneys specializing in labor law to negotiate our next contract.

We can not afford another poorly negotiated contract. You can drop the PBA now and join IUPA like many have done already. IUPA has covered BSO Deputies in Internal Affairs investigations, Grievances and shootings at BSO. IUPA members do not have to donate annual leave hours like PBA members must do. IUPA provides better legal coverage, and a 15 million dollar legal reserve. Only Attorneys specializing in labor law can negotiate a contract for IUPA locals. Mail in the enclosed PERC card today.

Jeff Marano, President of PBA

Most of you have never seen this person.

President Marano of the PBA wants you to believe that he represents law enforcement in Broward County. If he does, then maybe you should know more about President Marano. Did you know that Jeff Marano was once the focus of an investigation linked to Tammy McGovern, the “Hollywood Madam”? The Hollywood Madam passed a lie detector test when she implicated Marano and other Hollywood officers for getting a $50 discount rate for each visit. It was also believed that this madam got a tip that undercover cops were inside of the establishment when she was called. Marano received an 80 hr suspension for this action.

Did you know Marano was reprimanded for signing probable cause affidavits with facts that did not exist? That resulted in a $750,000 civil rights settlement to one suspect. When his chief placed him in time out, Marano used the PBA to hand out flyers and flew airplanes with banners trying to get the chief fired. Sound familiar?

President Marano also filed a complaint with the city of Hollywood for the BPO (black police officers) wanting to have a picnic. Marano stated that the picnic was discriminatory in nature based on race. Marano once received a 5 day suspension for taking a camera and film of a citizen who filmed his arrest of 4 black males. He later admitted he took the camera to “thwart” any allegations of police brutality. Was he scared of what was on the camera?

Ever wonder why the PBA never had an interest in a fair promotional exam until IUPA challenged them in 2007? Maybe the fair promotional exam never sat well with Marano either because he was number 8 on a Lieutenants list with 7 openings. People were passed over just to promote Jeff Marano. Departmental policy was broken just for Marano when he was promoted while under internal investigation. Policy clearly stated that no one could be promoted if under investigation. All this and more can be verified at www.browardpalmbeach.com/2004-02-12/news/stationhouse-capo/full// and www.browardpalmbeach.com/2006-09-07/news/bad-lieutenant/full//

This entire election comes down to honesty, integrity and the ability to properly negotiate a contract without any self-serving interests. When the time comes for your next contract to be negotiated, do you want professional labor law attorneys or do you want Jeff Marano?

Stop funding the PBA and join IUPA today. www.bsodle6020.org

Brickman

Past President Brickman

Has anyone ever see this person in a district roll call in the past 20 years?

Did **** Brickman ever tell you about his business ties to the same people who brought Coventry Healthcare to Florida? Did he ever recuse himself from contracts because of this or did he push for Coventry being the sole healthcare provider at BSO? Look for yourself at www.sunbiz.org. You will also see familiar names associated to the PBA under LB Bookkeeping, DLJS Holdings, Davies Last Frontier and JB Bartending and Associates. FOLLOW THE MONEY.

I also question the leadership and integrity of **** Brickman who refuses to leave the Broward PBA. It was **** Brickman who turned a blind eye when allegations of ballot stuffing were brought to him by PBA members. When ballot stuffing allegations were made, **** Brickman was the one who stated, “Jeff Poole would not do that, it’s a felony”. Yes, it’s hard to believe that Jeff Poole would commit a felony.

**** Brickman was brought back by your local PBA reps to “negotiate” your last contract. **** Brickman once again negotiated a poor contract in 2012 with a 4% total raise over 3 years and reduced healthcare coverage. It was **** Brickman who never negotiated to fix the holiday pay gap, raise the detail rate, gain more healthcare options, or any other benefits. It was **** Brickman who rushed a contract to a vote in order to provide a campaign endorsement. www.browardbeat.com/pba-board-member-union-endorsement-process-slanted-for-lamberti/

Once again, I ask you, do you want an outside law firm with professional lawyers to negotiate your next contract or do you want **** Brickman to be involved again? Think of your financial future, think of your family. You can drop the PBA now and join IUPA like many have done already. IUPA has covered Deputies in I.A, Grievances, Labor complaints and shootings at BSO. IUPA members do not have to donate time to the PBA either. We have better legal coverage, a 15 million dollar legal reserve and rules that prohibit a Deputy from negotiating a contract. Only labor law attorneys can negotiate a contract for IUPA.

Unregistered
04-03-2015, 01:44 PM
Another lie there as no gas charge committee, that would actually be funny if it wasn't so sad lol. I was watching in auditorium of the PSB in 2007 when the PBA Sat down for a negotiating session with the Sheriff's Office and the Sheriff offered The 15 percent raise but demanded the gas sur charge. When PBA Reps Bailen, Berman and Diperna started telling that they wanted the fee in an effort to divide the membership, county vs. Out of County and Colonel Wright said it was take it or leave it as a package and the PBA had no choice but to present it to the membership because it was certainly a reasonable offer and the membership voted for it by a 90 percent! Lies lies and more lies it's becoming synonymous with the IUPA name.

Then the PBA should of said the out of county guys get the same vehicle privileges as the in County guys if they had to pay the fuel charge!! The dividing of the membership would of been minimal and the PBA would not be having this issue now. The policy needs to change ASAP to this so the PBA can gain some creditability back from all the out of county guys. It's only fair to have the same privileges if you take 2% from some of our checks after violating our employment contracts.

Unregistered
04-03-2015, 01:55 PM
Perfect example of what I have been saying all you can do is sling mud but you can't argue the actual factual information because you know it's true. You have an axe to grind with the PBA and it might be justified but telling lies and bad mouthing your brother Deputies is disgraceful.

The only disgraceful thing is what PBA has done to this agency by telling lies and dividing the membership. What I just said is reality. What I've been looking for from PBA throughout this entire back and forth is accepting responsibility for not doing your jobs as a union, failing to represent ALL the deputies, and making a statement that it's a new day for PBA. Maybe that's too much to ask from a union that plans to continue the same bad behavior. I have made up my mind I'm done with the PBA. Too many bad actors over there. Outside of Lee the rest of you aren't worth a sh*t over there. Lee get out of there. It's a fucin disgrace.

Unregistered
04-03-2015, 03:04 PM
The 15 percent raise was a 3 year contract from 2007 to 2010. The current contract was offered when the economy was in the toilet and most agencies weren't getting any raises but if you were able to fix your faulty recollection the Sheriff also froze medical for 3 years and began step raises and longevity steps again and there was a no layoff clause. Was this the best contract ever definitely not, do I think we should have gotten a raise the first year, yes I do but under the financial realities of the time I don't think it was terrible either. Pines, West Palm Beach PD, Hollywood, and Miami PD(all reasonably large agencies) all lost their step raises, had their medical costs go through the roof, lost specialized assignment pay and some paid more for their cars. With the larger agencies in the area losing benefits as described above the contract that was offered wasn't so bad for the financial realities of the time. So to clarify if we were not going through the worst economic downturn since the great depression would I vote for our current contract absolutely not, but with the financial realities of the time I voted for it.

You voted for it......and betrayed the trust of every deputy in this agency. And then you divided the membership with BS fuel charge doing Lamberti's dirty work. Answer this genius.......why was PBSO able to secure 5% raises across the board during the same tough economic times? Just answer that one question when they already have a higher topped out salary than us. I'm waiting for your reply.

Unregistered
04-03-2015, 03:27 PM
The entire layoff issue was a farse by the Lamberti admin. Remember they asked for donated time to avoid layoffs and then mysteriously found money to avoid layoffs? The admin then kept all of the donated time,pocketed the money and the PBA stood by and never even asked fo the time to be returned.

Unregistered
04-03-2015, 05:15 PM
We wanted change when we elected a new Sheriff....be careful gentlemen it might just happen. I would support it but honestly we (Deputies) always bad mouth each other and I have seen the laziness of the deputies that are pushing this or Sergeants pushing this union. This union has been around what have they done so far for its members....If your a member of the BSO IUPA, let me know what they are doing for you or did...

PBA may not be the best buy why should I trust other deputies when half are slugs or kiss ass Sergeants who are pushing this union.

Unregistered
04-03-2015, 08:09 PM
To all of the young guys reading these posts, pay attention and realize that there must be something wrong with the PBA in order to make a perc election happen. It's a lot of work and a few stick their necks out for many. Most of whom they may not even know. 20 years plus have passed since we removed the FOP from BSO. It was needed and good for us. Now we must do it again in order to better our future. The PBA is stagnant At best and no longer has the ability to come up with new ideas. Not because they are dumb, but because the people who got involved now remain involved for personal gain, not for the membership. we may not have this opportunity again for another 20 years. Are you willing to keep watching every department leaves us in the dust? We were the best around long ago and we need to become that again. But before we can move forward,there is one giant obstacle. Its called the PBA.

Unregistered
04-03-2015, 09:16 PM
To all of the young guys reading these posts, pay attention and realize that there must be something wrong with the PBA in order to make a perc election happen. It's a lot of work and a few stick their necks out for many. Most of whom they may not even know. 20 years plus have passed since we removed the FOP from BSO. It was needed and good for us. Now we must do it again in order to better our future. The PBA is stagnant At best and no longer has the ability to come up with new ideas. Not because they are dumb, but because the people who got involved now remain involved for personal gain, not for the membership. we may not have this opportunity again for another 20 years. Are you willing to keep watching every department leaves us in the dust? We were the best around long ago and we need to become that again. But before we can move forward,there is one giant obstacle. Its called the PBA.

Well Said!

Unregistered
04-04-2015, 01:23 AM
When I look at the way PBA has abandoned the membership over the last few years I wonder if they've even heard of the Landrum Griffin act or if they're aware how far outside the confines of that law some of their activity has reached.

Unregistered
04-05-2015, 02:51 AM
Vote IUPA, PBA legal assistance sucks.

Unregistered
04-05-2015, 03:33 PM
Did anyone else notice who picked up Troy Wilkins from the main jail. None other than Lee Martin. Troy is not even a PBA member. Maybe the PBA is trying anything to stay in good standing of the Sheriff by providing legal service on dues paying members backs on non union members. Why pay dues until you get in trouble?

Unregistered
04-05-2015, 04:02 PM
http://qz.com/376411/meet-the-right-to-work-movement-that-will-break-the-working-class/

The strategy takes advantage of a curious provision of US labor law, section 14 (b). It allows states to pass laws that prohibit unions from negotiating the collection of union dues with employers, and more specifically, from compelling workers covered by the bargaining agreement to pay the unions as a condition of employment.

Under labor law, employees that do not pay dues enjoy the same wages, benefits, and protections as those who do. A labor union that discriminates against someone covered by the contract (and who doesn’t pay dues) is liable to a “duty of fair representation” lawsuit.

Unregistered
04-05-2015, 04:12 PM
Ask around about PBA Attorney Tony Alfero and say.... the last 10 guys he's represented. All placed on restriction or suspension. Some have even been arrested, 4 in the last 3 weeks. Is this someone you want representing you? Well it's what you're gonna get stuck with if you need representation. Good luck folks. Drop the PBA!

Unregistered
04-05-2015, 10:44 PM
Its amazing that we pay our dues every month and hope to be covered if we need a lawyer. Then,a non PBA member gets in trouble, calls a friend in the PBA and gets instant membership after getting in trouble. Now our dues money is being spent on 1st degree felony charges On someone who was never a member in the first place. Where are the PBA defenders now?

Unregistered
04-06-2015, 12:09 AM
http://qz.com/376411/meet-the-right-to-work-movement-that-will-break-the-working-class/

The strategy takes advantage of a curious provision of US labor law, section 14 (b). It allows states to pass laws that prohibit unions from negotiating the collection of union dues with employers, and more specifically, from compelling workers covered by the bargaining agreement to pay the unions as a condition of employment.

Under labor law, employees that do not pay dues enjoy the same wages, benefits, and protections as those who do. A labor union that discriminates against someone covered by the contract (and who doesn’t pay dues) is liable to a “duty of fair representation” lawsuit.

The legal test only applies to matters in which the union has exclusive control. Currently PBA is our exclusive representative for collective bargaining matters. However, PBA does not have exclusive control over legal representation. You can join and be represented by lawyers from other unions such as FOP, IUPA, plea, and others. Hope that helped a little.

Unregistered
04-06-2015, 09:28 AM
If this is true, wtf am I paying you for. I will tell everyone that will listen to drop this union now. Such a suck ass....as usual. My fault, I defended this union but no more. IUPA..you may not be any better but f-it after this bullshiy, I will give it a try

Unregistered
04-06-2015, 05:32 PM
IUPA will be much better just because it is completely controlled by deputies and not people from other agencies. Not to mention if iupas executive board doesn't do their job you can vote them out and put someone else in.... We should have our own unit just for us by us

Unregistered
04-06-2015, 08:54 PM
Here is truth backed by links.

A union elected by Deputies, controlled by Deputies and run by Deputies is what your Local IUPA 6020 represents. You will have direct access through your IUPA local to an attorney 24/7 that values your privacy, and the conversation you have with your attorney will be kept confidential unless YOU decide to disclose information to others. Attorneys specializing in labor law will negotiate your next contract instead of Deputies in specialized units. All this can happen but YOU need to send in your PERC cards in order to establish an election. PERC cards are 100% confidential. At no point will the PBA or BSO be entitled to see the signed PERC cards.

If you could choose any union to represent you, would you choose one that has no full-time labor attorney? Would you choose a union which requires you to seek approval for representation over $3,500 in civil matters? Would you choose a union that demands reimbursement for attorney fees if you win a judgment? Would you choose a union that is in serious debt? If you answered yes, then you have the PBA. Before believing more of the PBA lies, please understand who represents you and the lengths that they will go to in order to keep your dues money flowing.

There have been calls to internal affairs and complaints regarding the IUPA campaign and literature being distributed. Has the PBA called in personal favors to supporters in an attempt to stop the flow of IUPA literature? Your Local IUPA 6020 members stand on their integrity and vow to stand up for every union member unlike the PBA’s selective representation. Why is the PBA this scared of an election?

Before saying no to a PERC election, maybe you should question why the PBA has a 1.46 million dollar mortgage on their building that was purchased 21 years ago for $568,000. You should question the amount of refinancing the PBA has done over the years to include a $300,000 mortgage from Tony Alfaro (PBA Attorney). https://officialrecords.broward.org/oncoreV2/showdetails.aspx?id=46045611&rn=24&pi=2&ref=search

Broward County PBA Board Members and regular members have not been able to see a financial report despite several requests. The Broward County PBA has never produced a copy of the bylaws despite requests from former board members. Please feel free to ask for a breakdown of where your dues go and financial records for the last year and see what happens.

As long as Jeff Marano and **** Brickman are associated with the PBA, the Hollywood agenda will always be a priority, and the Sheriff’s Office will always be financially used to fund this agenda. It was Marano and Brickman who refused you the opportunity to vote on who to endorse for Sheriff during the last election. It is time to break away from the PBA and have a union that is elected by Deputies, run by Deputies and controlled by Deputies. Do you really think the administration will be in a giving mood after Marano and Brickman stabbed the Sheriff in the back during the last election? We need attorneys specializing in labor law to negotiate our next contract.

We can not afford another poorly negotiated contract. You can drop the PBA now and join IUPA like many have done already. IUPA has covered BSO Deputies in Internal Affairs investigations, Grievances and shootings at BSO. IUPA members do not have to donate annual leave hours like PBA members must do. IUPA provides better legal coverage, and a 15 million dollar legal reserve. Only Attorneys specializing in labor law can negotiate a contract for IUPA locals. Mail in the enclosed PERC card today.

Jeff Marano, President of PBA

Most of you have never seen this person.

President Marano of the PBA wants you to believe that he represents law enforcement in Broward County. If he does, then maybe you should know more about President Marano. Did you know that Jeff Marano was once the focus of an investigation linked to Tammy McGovern, the “Hollywood Madam”? The Hollywood Madam passed a lie detector test when she implicated Marano and other Hollywood officers for getting a $50 discount rate for each visit. It was also believed that this madam got a tip that undercover cops were inside of the establishment when she was called. Marano received an 80 hr suspension for this action.

Did you know Marano was reprimanded for signing probable cause affidavits with facts that did not exist? That resulted in a $750,000 civil rights settlement to one suspect. When his chief placed him in time out, Marano used the PBA to hand out flyers and flew airplanes with banners trying to get the chief fired. Sound familiar?

President Marano also filed a complaint with the city of Hollywood for the BPO (black police officers) wanting to have a picnic. Marano stated that the picnic was discriminatory in nature based on race. Marano once received a 5 day suspension for taking a camera and film of a citizen who filmed his arrest of 4 black males. He later admitted he took the camera to “thwart” any allegations of police brutality. Was he scared of what was on the camera?

Ever wonder why the PBA never had an interest in a fair promotional exam until IUPA challenged them in 2007? Maybe the fair promotional exam never sat well with Marano either because he was number 8 on a Lieutenants list with 7 openings. People were passed over just to promote Jeff Marano. Departmental policy was broken just for Marano when he was promoted while under internal investigation. Policy clearly stated that no one could be promoted if under investigation. All this and more can be verified at www.browardpalmbeach.com/2004-02-12/news/stationhouse-capo/full// and www.browardpalmbeach.com/2006-09-07/news/bad-lieutenant/full//

This entire election comes down to honesty, integrity and the ability to properly negotiate a contract without any self-serving interests. When the time comes for your next contract to be negotiated, do you want professional labor law attorneys or do you want Jeff Marano?

Stop funding the PBA and join IUPA today. www.bsodle6020.org

Brickman

Past President Brickman

Has anyone ever see this person in a district roll call in the past 20 years?

Did **** Brickman ever tell you about his business ties to the same people who brought Coventry Healthcare to Florida? Did he ever recuse himself from contracts because of this or did he push for Coventry being the sole healthcare provider at BSO? Look for yourself at www.sunbiz.org. You will also see familiar names associated to the PBA under LB Bookkeeping, DLJS Holdings, Davies Last Frontier and JB Bartending and Associates. FOLLOW THE MONEY.

I also question the leadership and integrity of **** Brickman who refuses to leave the Broward PBA. It was **** Brickman who turned a blind eye when allegations of ballot stuffing were brought to him by PBA members. When ballot stuffing allegations were made, **** Brickman was the one who stated, “Jeff Poole would not do that, it’s a felony”. Yes, it’s hard to believe that Jeff Poole would commit a felony.

**** Brickman was brought back by your local PBA reps to “negotiate” your last contract. **** Brickman once again negotiated a poor contract in 2012 with a 4% total raise over 3 years and reduced healthcare coverage. It was **** Brickman who never negotiated to fix the holiday pay gap, raise the detail rate, gain more healthcare options, or any other benefits. It was **** Brickman who rushed a contract to a vote in order to provide a campaign endorsement. www.browardbeat.com/pba-board-member-union-endorsement-process-slanted-for-lamberti/

Once again, I ask you, do you want an outside law firm with professional lawyers to negotiate your next contract or do you want **** Brickman to be involved again? Think of your financial future, think of your family. You can drop the PBA now and join IUPA like many have done already. IUPA has covered Deputies in I.A, Grievances, Labor complaints and shootings at BSO. IUPA members do not have to donate time to the PBA either. We have better legal coverage, a 15 million dollar legal reserve and rules that prohibit a Deputy from negotiating a contract. Only labor law attorneys can negotiate a contract for IUPA.
Jeff Morono and the Tom Sikes homicide/cover up read leo affairs Hollywood pd under Gary Lalonde/Chaz Stevens

Unregistered
04-06-2015, 10:52 PM
I hear the exec members of the PBA have been begging the sheriff to stop the perc election. Karma has returned for not allowing te membership to vote on who to endorse

Unregistered
04-07-2015, 02:25 AM
I hear the exec members of the PBA have been begging the sheriff to stop the perc election. Karma has returned for not allowing te membership to vote on who to endorse

The Sheriff can't stop a PERC election, but then again it's the only way the PBA can possibly win. I don't think SI has any loyalty to an organization who allowed their members to vote on endorsements...through away the vote of the members to endorse SI and endorse Lamberti. Good luck on your whining to the Sheriff JM...Please

Unregistered
04-07-2015, 10:16 PM
If this is true, wtf am I paying you for. I will tell everyone that will listen to drop this union now. Such a suck ass....as usual. My fault, I defended this union but no more. IUPA..you may not be any better but f-it after this bullshiy, I will give it a try

Agreed. I actually paid the PBA to let BSO charge us money to take our cars out of the county and still not having the same privaleges as in county guys. I will vote for IUPA in the election if this is not corrected by then.

Unregistered
04-10-2015, 10:43 PM
If you are only keeping the PBA because of your AFLAC, they can deduct it from your checking,savings or credit card directly. Dump the PBA now.

Unregistered
04-10-2015, 11:51 PM
Dump the PBA. Protect yourself.

Unregistered
04-11-2015, 12:55 AM
Agreed. I actually paid the PBA to let BSO charge us money to take our cars out of the county and still not having the same privaleges as in county guys. I will vote for IUPA in the election if this is not corrected by then.

I'm voting for IUPA because they did that to us in the first place. If IUPA negotiates zeroes and doesn't fix the fuel scam that PBA stuck us with then we will vote them out and bring in FOP until somebody does their damn job.

Unregistered
04-11-2015, 12:59 PM
I'm voting for IUPA because they did that to us in the first place. If IUPA negotiates zeroes and doesn't fix the fuel scam that PBA stuck us with then we will vote them out and bring in FOP until somebody does their damn job.

Our great PBA should of said to the sheriff when he wanted to impose this fuel charge was.... Ok, let the out of county guys have the exact same off duty vehicle privileges as in county. The vehicle perks would be fair across the board to all deputies living tri county and the sheriff could still show the county commission that he is collecting this fuel money.

Unregistered
04-11-2015, 06:46 PM
You guys are pathetic. The Broward County PBA has been the hardest working union in the county by far. We would not even be close to where we are in money if not for the PBA. Benefits have increased, pay has increased, work conditions are better and we are the orginization that local polititions come to. If you think you can do better, then go for it.

Unregistered
04-11-2015, 07:17 PM
You guys are pathetic. The Broward County PBA has been the hardest working union in the county by far. We would not even be close to where we are in money if not for the PBA. Benefits have increased, pay has increased, work conditions are better and we are the orginization that local polititions come to. If you think you can do better, then go for it.

I'll take your advise and go for it. Vote IUPA!

Unregistered
04-11-2015, 07:24 PM

Apparently this poster does not work for BSO or its the PBA posting. Our pay decreased, FRS benefits decreased and our health insurance benefits decreased. Many of us are making less than we did 5+ years ago and all our copays have doubled. I can deal with the high mileage old cars but not with the decrease in pay, fuel charge for certain employees and decrease in health benefits!

Unregistered
04-11-2015, 07:28 PM

Don't worry, we will!