PDA

View Full Version : Albert Morciego promoted to Major. A step in the right direction.

Unregistered
03-15-2015, 10:24 AM
Our administration has finally made a decision that is a step in the right direction. Albert Morciego, a 30 veteran of Miami Dade Police Department with a load of experience in major crimes investigations (Sexual Battery, Special Investigations Division, etc.), and a member of this department and the City of Miami P.D. going back to the late 1970s, has been promoted to the rank of Major.
Morciego is not only a very experienced police officer but he is also a cop's cop, able to control a crime scene or help a young detective become seasoned and master his task. Morciego is also a fresh breath of air in a department that has been rocked by corruption and political intrigue for many years.
We wish Major Morciego good luck and we truly hope he is able to utilize his experience to support our chief and help professionalize out department.

Unregistered
03-15-2015, 02:09 PM
Now everyone wants to go work investigations on the count of this guy. That is a good thing. It was high time they promoted based on experience and not political affiliations.

Unregistered
03-15-2015, 02:35 PM
Won't last A will not be a tool and 1 is afraid of him on the simple fact he can spell. 2 hates him because he has a 755 fico score RT scumbag and the very 1st reason why SwPD got a black eye. MV hates him cuz he's a real cop not a children's novel story teller. RP who cares get back on the road. Delara sw high cheerleading coach. Also tried to marry 1 with a ring soplapinga

Unregistered
04-08-2015, 12:42 AM
I agree that Albert is an experienced cop and detective but what management experience does he have to truly be a police major. Guys don't kid yourselves its just another Velcro promotion Sweetwater Style. Nothing has changed.

Unregistered
04-08-2015, 04:49 AM
"Help professionalize our department . . ." Well, hope's spring is eternal! Still Morciego could start by encouraging Chief J. Menocal to comply with FSS 943.125, if Menocal has not yet done it. Has he? If not, cost could be defrayed by using LETF, if any is available. Good luck Morciego; hope in the end, you will not lament your efforts were akin to "plowing the sea."

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0900-0999/0943/Sections/0943.125.html

http://www.flaccreditation.org/

From Simón Bolívar: "All who have served the Revolution have plowed the sea."

Unregistered
04-09-2015, 03:20 PM
I agree that Albert is an experienced cop and detective but what management experience does he have to truly be a police major. Guys don't kid yourselves its just another Velcro promotion Sweetwater Style. Nothing has changed.

"Another Velcro promotion Sweetwater style". In a department where drugs, firearms and monies disappear from multiple property rooms and the person responsible for evidence claims "the mayor's people came by and took it" and no investigation is conducted to debunk such neglect of duty, what "managerial experience" is necessary? This department needs people like Morciego and by that I mean individuals from the outside who have not been corrupted by association to the present and past politicians of this city. Morciego is not only an experienced cop and detective with a historical sense of Sweetwater but he is honest, trustworthy and above all a cop's cop. Morciego does not have any issue in telling our current mayor or any that will come after him how a police department should be run. He treats people fairly and has already shown he can manage resources and create investigative programs that will make this department more professional.

If you ask me, if anyone in this department is tainted by the misdeeds of the past is the number one and number two guys who were here all along and permitted Mayor Marono and Chief Fulgueiras to steal at will and corrupt the core of the department. Bottom line, I will take Morciego's inexperience and honesty any day over the experienced and corrupt ways of others who want to take this department back to the days of Marono to conceal their crimes and hinder the future. Give Morciego time and get to know him, we are lucky he chose to work here.

Unregistered
04-09-2015, 10:15 PM
Sadly no one can polish a soiled police agency like Sweetwater PD. Those who tried were smeared by it and still carry the stench.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3TEp4JLnIE

Unregistered
04-11-2015, 03:43 AM
The biggest issue I see if internal . Morciego can handle the streets... Now all he needs is adult "real" honest cops at work, not petty individuals in police uniforms who wear it for the wrong reason. Congratulations Major Morciego! Your history and achievements speaks volumes.

Unregistered
04-17-2015, 02:17 PM
Al brings with him a vast level of experience as a police officer and seasoned detective. He is truly an asset for SWPD. You guys are lucky to have him. We'd gladly take him back.

- A former co-worker