PDA

View Full Version : Ring Around the Rosy

Doral Vet
03-13-2015, 02:14 AM
As a veteran officer of this department, I can honestly say that I've seen the highs and lows of our department and more importantly, the City of Doral. Regardless of how things have improved or worsened at our department, everything ties directly to the city itself. As the city goes, so does our department.
It is there that I am most disappointed. The city has been paralyzed lately, bogged down with petty issues and dirty political grandstanding. It is embarrassing to watch this play out and until this third-world culture of government changes, I am not expecting anything around here to improve anytime soon.
We have seen chiefs come and go-city managers, assistant city managers and city clerks the same. Our city council is a mess and are at war with each other and the mayor. There are land development scandals and allegations of corruption. The city cares more about its golf course and beauty pageant than the residents and employees.
It seems like the politics are only getting dirtier and uglier as of late and our city council acts like spoiled brats. I have no confidence in our city's leadership and the chief seems like a puppet. Every day around here is like a daycare with all the games.

banana republic
03-13-2015, 04:10 AM
Been saying that for the longest. This is one of the reasons why this place is going to crap. This guy has always been sleazy and slimy and his ego and antics are disgusting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ5y927Y64Q

Pete
03-13-2015, 01:11 PM
There once was a man named Pete
Some say his only quality is deceit
He dances to his own drumbeat
But Luigi is going to give him a treat
He thinks his sneaky games are discrete
But he’s going to have to sing like a parakeet
Pete may start to feel the heat
Now that Luigi knows he wants his seat
The Venezuelan mayor is not going down in defeat
Pete may want to consider retreat
Luigi’s pockets are certainly not petite
Pete and his cronies simply can’t compete
Your biblical verses are just a form of browbeat
Your style of politics reminds me of excrete
Doral's city council acts like deadbeats
Pete's recent actions are going to be bittersweet

Unregistered
03-13-2015, 04:04 PM
He's just one of many problems we have in the city. The whole council is a damn mess. They plot on each other and don;t give a damn about us. They act like immature brats. They have politicized the city and the residents are too stupid to see it or don't care.

Unregistered
03-14-2015, 02:16 PM
Nothing around here is gonna change. The council is a political mess, our chief is a puppet and the city doesn't care. Just shut up and deal with it.

Unregistered
03-15-2015, 02:34 PM
That's the other problem around this place. No one wants to challenge the issues that hurt the city and our dept. It's about time someone did. The council is a mess, starting with that guy, but there are others too. The mayor is an embarrassment and the city manager will do whatever he says. Look around and don't be blind.