PDA

View Full Version : The Sgt.Essay

Unregistered
01-17-2015, 11:53 PM
The Sgt. Essay is supposedly now pass or fail? But the Lt. Essay supposedly was not. What a scam. Sheriff Israel you were supposed to bring some credibility back to this process. I certainly hope you keep your word. No more tricks, no more subjective grading scams. Your word is on the line right now. Some people were tested immediately while others were herded into rooms like cattle. How in the hell is that fair? Do the honorable thing and send these people to the assessment. No more dishonesty in testing at BSO!

Unregistered
01-17-2015, 11:55 PM
If human resources wasn't prepared to conduct this fairly it shouldn't have been conducted at all.

Unregistered
01-18-2015, 12:05 AM
For once I would like the PBA or the sheriff to stand up and do the right thing. If neither of them do you know it's the same ol same ol.

Unregistered
01-18-2015, 02:02 AM
For once I would like the PBA or the sheriff to stand up and do the right thing. If neither of them do you know it's the same ol same ol.

Do you think the Sheriff really cares about credibility ??
Alls he cares about is getting corn holed up th azz by his lawyer friend.
Voo Doo spell has been put on him.
Sickness illness will come

Unregistered
01-18-2015, 02:35 AM
Wait until the results are posted before you start complaining. For all we know everyone that took it is going to the assesment.

Unregistered
01-18-2015, 03:09 AM
I thought that it was supposed to be 20% of the grade, from a 1-5. How is that a fail? Lowest you can get is a 1.

Unregistered
01-18-2015, 08:05 AM
I thought that it was supposed to be 20% of the grade, from a 1-5. How is that a fail? Lowest you can get is a 1.

That's what I thought but they make this up as they go. That's why if everyone doesn't go to the assessment it's a parlor trick. The assessment is 40% of the grade and can make a difference....don't let them tell you otherwise.

Unregistered
01-18-2015, 08:10 AM
The PBA should have had a representative there to monitor that mess.

Unregistered
01-18-2015, 08:22 AM
I expected something like that from Al Lamberti. I didn't expect it from Sheriff Israel. This is his chance to prove he's different.

Unregistered
01-18-2015, 09:30 AM
Nothing has been confirmed. Wait for the confirmation and then start complaining. However, human resources made it sound like not everyone is going to be invited to the assesment portion of the test.

Unregistered
01-18-2015, 12:06 PM
Nothing has been confirmed. Wait for the confirmation and then start complaining. However, human resources made it sound like not everyone is going to be invited to the assesment portion of the test.

This testing has been tainted for a long time. This Sheriff promised credibility and accountability. Well here's his chance to prove it. This test was screwed up. There were problems with the computers. There were people talking while the girl was giving directions. It was not conducted properly. If this test stands when the Lt. Test did not we know what time of day it is. Why wasn't PBA there to monitor? IUPA was there.....I know that because I had tp pull their flyer off my windshield.

Unregistered
01-18-2015, 12:17 PM
Once again some were tested immediately while others were herded into rooms like cattle for hours. No food no drinks. The BSO jail processes prisoners better. I'm extremely disgusted with the way this was handled.

Unregistered
01-18-2015, 12:50 PM
The Sgt. Essay is supposedly now pass or fail? But the Lt. Essay supposedly was not. What a scam. Sheriff Israel you were supposed to bring some credibility back to this process. I certainly hope you keep your word. No more tricks, no more subjective grading scams. Your word is on the line right now. Some people were tested immediately while others were herded into rooms like cattle. How in the hell is that fair? Do the honorable thing and send these people to the assessment. No more dishonesty in testing at BSO!

Herded into rooms like cattle!

Unregistered
01-18-2015, 12:57 PM
I have faith that Sheriff Israel will fix this and make it right.

Unregistered
01-18-2015, 01:14 PM
The written essay was poorly administered and everyone knows that. The original Sgt position announcement when you filled out your application never mentioned pass or fail on this exercise , its 20% of your final score. It would be hard to defend a descision to not allow someone to proceed to the final promotional exercise because of a score that has no significant bearing on your final overall score with two other exercises worth 40% each.

The only listed mandatory score was the written test, must obtain 75% to carry on. They must stick to this or there will be a boat load of issues and grievences after it is discovered how this exercise was administered. They rumored this on Lt test, never happened. If you completed your essay and turned it in, start preparing for the assessment center!

Unregistered
01-18-2015, 01:37 PM
Read the posting folks....it clearly states that "if" you "successfully" complete each portion of the test you will move on the the next portion. As subjective as you might find this, if you "fail" the essay you don't move on. 120+ passing anyways is ridiculous. This test was dumbed down and the people that shouldn't be on the list will be eliminated or will do poorly on phases 2/3. List should comprise of no more than 50ish people anyways.

Unregistered
01-18-2015, 01:37 PM
Human Resources is shady as f#ck. The human resources girl should have stopped talking when she could clearly see there were people having computer issues. But she didn't.....she kept talking and it was obvious some people didn't hear her directions. That's incompetent or deliberately dirty. Take your pick because one isn't better than the other. This should be tossed out period. It should have no bearing on the final score.

Unregistered
01-18-2015, 01:49 PM
Read the posting folks....it clearly states that "if" you "successfully" complete each portion of the test you will move on the the next portion. As subjective as you might find this, if you "fail" the essay you don't move on. 120+ passing anyways is ridiculous. This test was dumbed down and the people that shouldn't be on the list will be eliminated or will do poorly on phases 2/3. List should comprise of no more than 50ish people anyways.

Nice try but no way. It was not administered correctly....sloppy is the word I would use. If you want credibility in this agency you have to do sh*t the right way. Otherwise no one is going to respect the position. You don't think what I'm saying is true? Look at the respect the new Sergeants are getting.

Rookies shooting firearms out of moving vehicles off duty, deputies driving marked cars screaming obscenities on las olas out of loud speakers, deputies working under the table at the strip club, shall we go on?

You want change here then it starts at the top. And the first thing you do is restore credibility in the process. That essay has zero credibility. You better believe it. You want leaders you better have the courage to get them.

Unregistered
01-18-2015, 01:59 PM

They threw out the Lt. Essay so that sh*t ain't gonna fly pal.

Unregistered
01-18-2015, 03:59 PM

Yes I do think he cares and we're going to get to find out very soon. If you read the dimension the essay was supposed to be graded on writing ability. Since the directions were not properly delivered for many of the reasons already mentioned then that shouldn't play into it. If they deduct points based on directions it's a grievance. Underhanded dealings with these tests should not be overlooked.

Unregistered
01-18-2015, 05:14 PM
They threw out the Lt. Essay so that sh*t ain't gonna fly pal.

They didn't throw out the Lt essay you uneducated fool.

Unregistered
01-18-2015, 05:21 PM
Really dumbazz....then why did every single one of them including the ones who failed it get assessed. What's wrong you don't like it when your not allowed to stack the deck? In fact some of the Lt. Candidates who failed the writing sample ended up high on the list.

Unregistered
01-18-2015, 05:55 PM
They didn't throw out the Lt essay you uneducated fool.

I may not be as educated as you but that doesn't mean I'm stupid.

Unregistered
01-18-2015, 06:35 PM
Really dumbazz....then why did every single one of them including the ones who failed it get assessed. What's wrong you don't like it when your not allowed to stack the deck? In fact some of the Lt. Candidates who failed the writing sample ended up high on the list.

You people amaze me. You must be new or have no idea how this process works. It's always those that "think" they deserve to be promoted and when they do horrible they blame it on the test or the process or some other reasons when in all reality it's their fault. I'm glad you in particular didn't follow instructions and will do poorly on the last 2 phases. This is one of the easiest Sgts tests ever put out. It's obvious by the large number of those that passed the written. Thank god you won't be responsible for supervising anyone. And that goes for all the crybabies out there. Next time study, pay attention, and do better.

Unregistered
01-18-2015, 06:54 PM
We know how the process. It's slight of hand and a card up your sleeve. Nice to see this place hasn't changed.

Unregistered
01-18-2015, 07:55 PM
We know how the process. It's slight of hand and a card up your sleeve. Nice to see this place hasn't changed.

Waaaaaaaaaa

Unregistered
01-18-2015, 08:37 PM
This one's pretty easy for me. If the PBA sits this one out IUPA gets the vote.

Unregistered
01-19-2015, 04:22 AM
I heard that some groups got the five minute warning, others did not. What was the purpose of printing it out early if everyone's got printed out at the end? This isn't a complain, it's an actual question.

Unregistered
01-19-2015, 12:05 PM
The purpose of printing early is to review your work.they never said that they will be giving a 5 minute warning. They said that they will not allow you to print when there is 5 minutes left.

Unregistered
01-19-2015, 02:47 PM
The purpose of printing early is to review your work.they never said that they will be giving a 5 minute warning. They said that they will not allow you to print when there is 5 minutes left.
They never gave us the reason for print it out 5 minutes before the 30 minutes. All they said was you couldn't print before the last 5 minutes and that the printing went towards your essay time. And depending on what group you were in, I heard some did get a five minute warning.

Unregistered
01-19-2015, 02:51 PM
My group was instructed that if you didn't complete it, you didn't pass. I concentrate more on getting it done and going back to elaborate which isn't a true test of your writing skills.

Unregistered
01-19-2015, 05:26 PM
People who failed are still going to the assessment as it should be. Sheriff Israel is backing up his word. His word is good. Change has finally come to BSO.

Unregistered
01-19-2015, 05:42 PM
I wonder if I sacrifice my score worrying about getting it completed instead of specific content that I could have elaborate more on. Oh well, got a 3.

Unregistered
01-19-2015, 05:50 PM
The greatest honor is being a man of your word. Congratulations Scott Israel let no one doubt this man again.

Unregistered
01-19-2015, 07:53 PM
No one failed. People got 1 but not failed.

Unregistered
01-19-2015, 10:52 PM

We now know this Sheriff does care about integrity. Some of you guys just hate it that it's on the up and up for once. I say we bring over the entire Fort Lauderdale PD because these guys are doing it the right way!

Unregistered
01-20-2015, 12:19 AM
I'm really surprised they sent out the notification emails during a holiday. What did you all get?

Ricky Scumbag Frey
01-20-2015, 12:28 AM
How many of you idiots can't write a police report, yet you complain about an essay?

Unregistered
01-20-2015, 02:00 AM
How many of you idiots can't write a police report, yet you complain about an essay?

Not complaining about the essay...complaining about the discrepancies with instructions from the orientation and between the groups. I do not blame the sheriff, I blame those that administered it.

Unregistered
01-20-2015, 02:06 AM
Not complaining about the essay...complaining about the discrepancies with instructions from the orientation and between the groups. I do not blame the sheriff, I blame those that administered it.

Agreed 100%.

Unregistered
01-20-2015, 11:10 AM
What you should be worried about is how some people that scored 4 and 5 on the essay and didn't even complete the assignment!!!

Unregistered
01-20-2015, 09:53 PM
The greatest honor is being a man of your word. Congratulations Scott Israel let no one doubt this man again.

#Sarcasm ;)

Unregistered
01-20-2015, 11:54 PM
#Sarcasm ;)

No not sarcasm. The Sheriff has done the right thing and once again showed courage. It's something that real cop's have. I've seen more courage out of this man in the brief time he's been than I've seen the entire rest of the time I've been here. He's a good man period.

Ricky Scumbag Frey
01-21-2015, 01:30 AM

Bring your own crayons next time.

Unregistered
01-21-2015, 02:54 AM
[QUOTE=Unregistered;2091399]No not sarcasm. The Sheriff has done the right thing and once again showed courage. It's something that real cop's have. I've seen more courage out of this man in the brief time he's been than I've seen the entire rest of the time I've been here. He's a good man period.[/QUOTE

Thanks Nate.... Now go get Alvins limo

Unregistered
01-21-2015, 10:18 AM
I'm not Nate. This board is a place for all of us to give our opinions. I think this Sheriff is a good man. This was his chance to prove he was different. He proved it. Enough said.

Unregistered
01-21-2015, 01:38 PM
I'm not Nate.
This board is a place for all of us to give our opinions. I think this Sheriff is a good man. This was his chance to prove he was different. He proved it. Enough said.

Unless you disagree with this administration, you mean.

And everyone is entitled to their opinion. However, why is it that any semi-negative/negative 'opinion' is removed from this site on the daily? Someone questioned the very same post with the '#Sarcasm ;) ' post:

01-19-2015, 05:50 PM #34 Unregistered Guest

Some crybaby answered that with "stfu" then the old "ur just jealous cuz people r getting a fair chance-yadda-yadda- ur a "puzzy". Response was posted to "d*ckless-wonder" and POOF! all 3 post vanished. How's that for integrity and 'opinions'?

Unregistered
01-21-2015, 03:10 PM
Unless you disagree with this administration, you mean.

And everyone is entitled to their opinion. However, why is it that any semi-negative/negative 'opinion' is removed from this site on the daily? Someone questioned the very same post with the '#Sarcasm ;) ' post:

Some crybaby answered that with "stfu" then the old "ur just jealous cuz people r getting a fair chance-yadda-yadda- ur a "puzzy". Response was posted to "d*ckless-wonder" and POOF! all 3 post vanished. How's that for integrity and 'opinions'?

I don't think anything should be removed unless it's blatantly racist, sexist, or otherwise below the belt. Look this is a place we come to vent and that's a healthy thing. There's no rank or time of service on this board. I respect your opinions because at the end of the day if your life is on the line I'm going to be there. And if mine is on the line I expect you to be there. And if you're a good cop you will be there come hell or high water whether you like me and my opinions or not.

Unregistered
01-22-2015, 12:03 AM
I don't think anything should be removed unless it's blatantly racist, sexist, or otherwise below the belt. Look this is a place we come to vent and that's a healthy thing. There's no rank or time of service on this board. I respect your opinions because at the end of the day if your life is on the line I'm going to be there. And if mine is on the line I expect you to be there. And if you're a good cop you will be there come hell or high water whether you like me and my opinions or not.

10-4, 10-26, 10-94

Good night-God speed

Unregistered
03-28-2021, 10:45 AM
Sometimes it's so difficult to write an essay!

Unregistered
04-02-2021, 01:39 PM
If you find it difficult to write an essay, you can always use educational resources. Websites such as https://cipcommunity.org/ can help, as there are essay samples on various topics, and especially essays on management. And just use such essays as examples, understanding what structure and what blocks should essay contain. It is much easier to write any paper that way.

Unregistered
04-02-2021, 02:04 PM
Why did the blonde student have sex with a Mexican?

Her teacher told her to do an essay.

Unregistered
04-02-2021, 08:14 PM
Why did the blonde student have sex with a Mexican?

Her teacher told her to do an essay.

Now that $hit was funny!!!