PDA

View Full Version : Info Request

12-04-2014, 04:29 AM
A few questions:

1. I know you guys have two divisions - Uniform Services and Criminal Investigations. Is it true that both don't have issued take-home vehicles?
2. What firearm(s) are you issued?
3. For CI, what does the new hire training consist of/

Thanks in advance.

Unregistered
12-05-2014, 04:34 AM
Sgt. and above in Uniform have take home cars. All of Investigations has take home cars. Most Investigators are promoted out of Uniform, a few come from outside agency.

Unregistered
12-05-2014, 10:31 PM
A few questions:

1. I know you guys have two divisions - Uniform Services and Criminal Investigations. Is it true that both don't have issued take-home vehicles?
2. What firearm(s) are you issued?
3. For CI, what does the new hire training consist of/

Thanks in advance.

Glock 22 for Uniform. Investigators have the option of a Glock 22 or 23.

Unregistered
12-06-2014, 09:52 PM
You will only get promoted to investigations if you are on the list. If you are not on the list they will go outside the agency. The last 3 investigators have been from outside the agency even though there were qualified officers that applied.

Unregistered
12-07-2014, 12:40 AM
Get on someone's hunting lease / club or marry someone affiliated with the Ag industry and you'll be golden.

Unregistered
12-07-2014, 03:40 PM
I started in the fall of 2012 and I'm the most senior officer on my shift. When I kiss my mom goodbye every morning and go to work, she knows I'm going somewhere safe, and that means a lot to me.

old time road guard
12-07-2014, 06:11 PM
dont come in thinking your going to come here and get to look for lots of drugs that ain't what they want here you will get told real fast to stick to them plants and animals

most of the boss men here ain't never worked nowhere else and back in the old days before we had full jurisdiction we would call the local sheriffs department to come write a bond we never made arrests so the bosses like the chief never made no arrests and dont want that now you need to scan bills and check your horse trucks

Unregistered
12-14-2014, 05:13 PM
Also don't every plan on moving up unless your really really good at kissing butt, have some good hunting land to share, or have some family with some deep pockets.

Unregistered
12-15-2014, 05:02 AM
OJ Simpson is like the Major in BUS, both are well past their prime and neither one have ever seen an Ag Ramp.