PDA

View Full Version : His opinion

06-10-2014, 02:02 AM
Anyone see the Letters to the Editor in the PNJ? Appears as if Mr. Haines has provided his opinion on the county commissioner and his non vocal handling of the jail. When is Haines going to learn that he needs to keep his opinions to himself. His opinions reflect back on all of the hard working men and women of the Sheriff's Office and place everyone in a negative light. That commissioner isn't making a public spectacle out of the incident like Morgan did. People were injured and killed. There isn't a need to have a big public debate in the media about the situation. There isn't a need to point fingers like Morgan and Haines are constantly doing. There isn't a need to make jokes about turning over the jail at a public event like Morgan did.
I understand Haines and the staff have gotten a nice increase in salary but the rest of the workers haven't. We would like to at least get a 3% raise this year and if Haines keeps making statements about his opinion he will end up pi$$ing them off like he and the Sheriff did last budget year. Any hopes of getting anything more than 3% gets diminished every time Haines offers his opinion.
Do us a favor - keep it to yourself.

06-10-2014, 02:19 AM
nar·cis·sist [nahr-suh-sist] - a person who is overly self-involved, and often vain and selfish.

Symptoms of Narcissistic Personality Disorder

Narcissism is a term commonly used to describe those who seemed more concerned with themselves than with others.
Symptoms:
An exaggerated sense of one's own abilities and achievements.
A constant need for attention, affirmation and praise
•A belief that he or she is unique or "special" and should only associate with other people of the same status.
Persistent fantasies about attaining success and power.
A preoccupation with power or success.
Feeling envious of others, or believing that others are envious of him or her.
A lack of empathy for others.[/b]

An official diagnosis can be made by a qualified mental health professional, and requires that the individual exhibit 5 of the 8 symptoms identified
People with narcissistic personality disorder are typically described as arrogant, conceited, self-centered and haughty. Because they imagine themselves as superior to others. They are reliant on constant praise and attention to reinforce their self-esteem. As a result, those with narcissistic personality disorder are usually very sensitive to criticism, which is often viewed as a personal attack.

06-10-2014, 02:28 AM
Just accept that we aren't getting a raise regardless of what Morgan and Haines do or say, that's just a fiscal reality. If by some act of God we do get one, be sure to thank two entities, Jesus and the county commission, not Morgan.

I'm happy that Haines, Morgan and Champagne keep saying foolish things in public and within the office. Keep up the good work, dummies.

06-10-2014, 01:23 PM
And just who is going to knock Morgan out of office???

06-10-2014, 02:36 PM
I figured that group of people that defends Morgan would show up sooner or later. Ain't many of them so they're spread kinda thin

06-10-2014, 10:52 PM
And just who is going to knock Morgan out of office???

Wow, I am glad you few are so uninformed. That "i'm untouchable" ego will go along way in helping anyone that runs against Morgan. We know who you Morganites are so for obvious reasons we don't openly discuss the rampant disdain for this administration. But rest assured it is RAMPANT and you all are in for a very rude awakening. You should probably really be worried too, some of you may be able to quit or get another job BUT some of you will have to stick around. So you just better be praying that others treat you better than you treated them. Scared yet?

06-11-2014, 01:46 AM
Something has Haines concerned. Heard a former deputy made a public records request and Haines called him up to talk him out of making the request. What's that all about. Something Morgan and Haines don't want out there ?

06-11-2014, 12:53 PM
Who said i was a Morgan fan? I asked a simple question, who is this person that can beat Morgan in the primary?

06-11-2014, 02:06 PM
Who said i was a Morgan fan? I asked a simple question, who is this person that can beat Morgan in the primary?

Just about anyone that runs at this point.

06-15-2014, 06:36 PM
How about we ditch the smart ass comments for a moment. I hear a lot about Morgan needing to go, "VMO" and all that jazz. I don't work for him any more, so personally I could not care any less than I do now. I think the question is a valid one. Who do you propose to run for Sheriff? Ronnie Mac? Eight years of him was enough, I think. I might have heard another name or two bandied about, but nothing serious, it would seem. Who would you say would be a serious candidate?

06-16-2014, 12:47 PM
How about we ditch the smart ass comments for a moment. I hear a lot about Morgan needing to go, "VMO" and all that jazz. I don't work for him any more, so personally I could not care any less than I do now. I think the question is a valid one. Who do you propose to run for Sheriff? Ronnie Mac? Eight years of him was enough, I think. I might have heard another name or two bandied about, but nothing serious, it would seem. Who would you say would be a serious candidate?

I haven't heard of anyone officially making statements other than RM and his side kick Rex as an independent to close out the primary. I also heard that RM did a poll test of his public approval numbers and they were low, so the theory is that they are just going to sling mud. But it could all be just a rumor campaign, who knows. At this point its still more than 2 years away and i'm sure that a viable candidate will emerge. Ive heard rumors like Aiken, Chip Simmons are thinking about it, or others are thinking about it. They are two that have the qualifications and pedigrees. Its still way too early.

06-30-2014, 10:14 PM
Something has Haines concerned. Heard a former deputy made a public records request and Haines called him up to talk him out of making the request. What's that all about. Something Morgan and Haines don't want out there ?
Heard it has something to do with things that were said about the TAC squad and things the Attorney said during training

07-19-2014, 03:58 PM
[quote="Just Another Guest":1xlzjuf6]How about we ditch the smart ass comments for a moment. I hear a lot about Morgan needing to go, "VMO" and all that jazz. I don't work for him any more, so personally I could not care any less than I do now. I think the question is a valid one. Who do you propose to run for Sheriff? Ronnie Mac? Eight years of him was enough, I think. I might have heard another name or two bandied about, but nothing serious, it would seem. Who would you say would be a serious candidate?

I haven't heard of anyone officially making statements other than RM and his side kick Rex as an independent to close out the primary. I also heard that RM did a poll test of his public approval numbers and they were low, so the theory is that they are just going to sling mud. But it could all be just a rumor campaign, who knows. At this point its still more than 2 years away and i'm sure that a viable candidate will emerge. Ive heard rumors like Aiken, Chip Simmons are thinking about it, or others are thinking about it. They are two that have the qualifications and pedigrees. Its still way too early.[/quote:1xlzjuf6]

JUST what we need, a career PPD guy as running the SO lol, jesus what a disaster that would be.Never voted for current Sheriff, dislike him in fact, but better off with him.

07-19-2014, 09:50 PM
"JUST what we need, a career PPD guy as running the SO lol, jesus what a disaster that would be.Never voted for current Sheriff, dislike him in fact, but better off with him."- Guest4322

Have you gone full retard? So a PPD Chief who has been a career law enforcement officer is worse than a Major in the Air Force that has ZERO law enforcement experience and is surrounded by a religious zealot on a moral crusade. Thats who you think is better? Come on Simple Jack.

07-21-2014, 03:46 AM
Being the chief of police is about pleasing the city managers that control your job. Being a sheriff is about pleasing the public. Two totally opposite goals. Being good at one doesn't mean they will be good at the other.

07-21-2014, 11:41 AM
Being the chief of police is about pleasing the city managers that control your job. Being a sheriff is about pleasing the public. Two totally opposite goals. Being good at one doesn't mean they will be good at the other.

07-21-2014, 04:40 PM
"JUST what we need, a career PPD guy as running the SO lol, jesus what a disaster that would be.Never voted for current Sheriff, dislike him in fact, but better off with him."- Guest4322

Have you gone full retard? So a PPD Chief who has been a career law enforcement officer is worse than a Major in the Air Force that has ZERO law enforcement experience and is surrounded by a religious zealot on a moral crusade. Thats who you think is better? Come on Simple Jack.

Wow, no need to personally insult me. Anyways, Morgan may be a terrible Sheriff, and yes his religious crusader does not help matters but he is the devil we know so to speak.Someone who is career PPD brings PPD culture, baggage etc and would likely be much worse than what we have now. The poster below has a point, being Sheriff is different than Chief.Of course that is just my opinion, I could be wrong.

07-24-2014, 02:30 AM
"would likely be much worse than what we have now"

The hell you say. Is there anything out there that can cause things to get much worse than they are now????? My money and my vote are going to whoever will get rid of Haines.

07-25-2014, 03:18 AM
as told by one of the two last former chiefs. Well if he swallows the same dumb ass pills that the last two took he won't be here long either.