PDA

View Full Version : LEO Memorial

05-27-2014, 04:00 AM
It seems that one of the clueless admin ladies(I use that term loosely) should have done some research for the LEO Memorial and they would have discovered that National Police Week was on 5-11-14 through 5-17-14 with National Police Officer's Day always being on May 15 of every year. So instead of holding the LEO Memorial on 5-28-14 (2 days after Memorial Day), why not have it when it was meant to be held. Probably because the people who are putting this together are completely clueless but like to think that they know it all. This is after the Sheriff(I use that term loosely also) decided he didn't want the FOP to contribute and host this event any longer after they had done it for like forever because he got his BIG EGO and feelings butt hurt last year. I know this is a small pimple on what is the acne filled ass that is the Sheriff's Office but it is still one more embarrassing thing that the Sheriff and his crew of retards have screwed up.

05-28-2014, 10:53 PM
Where did the money come from to put on this event? Private donations? Enrique hidden slush fund? Who paid for the special invitations sent out to certain individuals? Any of you non hypocrites have an answer?

05-29-2014, 12:09 AM
In reference to the special invitations. They were created by the committee for the Memorial. So thanks for the compliment. It's amazing what happens when you actually care about your job.

05-29-2014, 01:05 AM
In reference to the special invitations. They were created by the committee for the Memorial. So thanks for the compliment. It's amazing what happens when you actually care about your job.
Interesting. I didn't think anyone on the sheriffs staff or secretaries read this blog Must have been following the Haines statement. " I don't read LEO Affairs and I don't post on it either " Bunch of lies

05-29-2014, 02:15 AM
"Who paid for the special invitations that were sent to certain individuals"? What part of that statement or the entire post is a compliment????
Definite answer from one of the administrative secretaries. Clueless.

05-31-2014, 02:24 AM
You know it's funny that I never remember seeing an email put out by the Sheriff before about how well the LEO Memorial went until his people (AB-I and DI) started taking part in it. I don't remember seeing the same email last year when the FOP spent their money and time and numerous other volunteers spent a lot of their time putting the memorial together. Now that his cronies are handling it, the memorial is the greatest thing ever and something we should be proud of(barf). I really hope someone who's qualified and we can get behind steps up and runs in 2016. This place has become a BIG JOKE!!!!

05-31-2014, 02:44 AM
Dear Sheriff
Thank you Thank you Thank you. Your email attempt of justifying the actions of the chosen few secretarial staffers who think they are the cream of the crop and can do no wrong was priceless. I am overwhelmed that they worked tirelessly on table setting, cloths, photographs, etc. They must be exhausted. But they did you proud. How refreshing.
How sad for you that your email account was hacked. How sad that you think there is a "we" at the department who wants to be on your team. The only "we" are the "we are tired of your leadership". Why? We care. The Honor Guard was the only thing professional that day. We care about them.
How much out of the employee fund did you spend to try and out do previous events.
But Thank You. Thank You. Thank You. yeah those are the words of the Sheriff.

05-31-2014, 02:28 PM
Please, take the time to ask the families of the fallen officers what they thought of the event. The focus should be on the families of the fallen officers and the sacrifices that both the officers gave and what the families have endured. You should be ashamed if you post anything negative about an event that honors these truly honorable men. No greater love have a man that he lay his life down for another.
David Ingram

05-31-2014, 04:13 PM
1adam12. What do you mean that FOP used their money for last year's memorial? I thought it came out of the Sheriff's office budget every year? Did FOP donate some funds to the memorial? If yes, how much? I didn't hear about that. Would like all of the facts. Just curious...

06-01-2014, 01:43 AM
Good grief. Why are you so angry? Were you passed up for promotion? Were you or your family fired from the Sheriff's Office? Are you employed? Do you have a roof over your head, food on your table? Did someone at the Sheriff's Office physically hurt you or your family? What happened to you to make you so angry?

It must be a terrible existence to be so angry. I will pray that someday you will find out that the world will continue to revolve without all of us. The Sheriff's Office will continue to function long after we are all gone. May you find out soon that there is a much better life out there if you learn to let go of the hate and anger. Find peace.

06-01-2014, 01:49 AM
I agree with the previous poster. The event is for the officers who have given their lives for the citizens of Escambia county and their families. I am glad for the families that it was a nice service and went off without any problems.
All would have been fine had the Sheriff not made the blaring and obvious attempt of tooting the horn of his secretarial staff who are disliked and considered part of the problem at the department. His thank you thank you thank you and his We care and are all loving our job was a bit much especially when everyone knows exactly how the group of those who worked tirelessly on table settings and cloths treat others at the office. Cross them or do something they don't like and they run to the Sheriff telling lies and doing all that they can to make your life at the department a miserable one. [CONTENT DELETED BY MOD 11 FOR VIOLATION OF TERMS OF USE] Anyone who works inside the main office knows exactly how they are including their bosses. And those who work tirelessly on real work at the department and strive tirelessly everyday to get the job done are always shaking their heads and wondering why that type of behavior and treatment of others is tolerated.
So the Sheriff can keep his Thank You Thank You Thank You. He can spend his days tolerating and even condoning the lying,fighting and back stabbing done on a daily basis by his admin secretary staff. But don't think everyone is buying the BS.

06-01-2014, 02:21 AM
Why are all you big bad deputies so worried about a bunch of secretaries? I for one could care less about what a bunch of women , who I'll never see, do with their 8 hours. Maybe we should be a little more concerned with our jobs, that whole protect and serve thing, and less involved in the drama.

06-01-2014, 02:25 AM
In years past the FOP has paid for ALL memorial expenses other than the comp time (if any) earned by the participants.

I would also like to take the time to point out that for years and years , Laurie McCann coordinated and executed the memorial. She never asked for any special recognition , she did it for the families. David Ingram, she is a shining example of how the families should be honored. I am ashamed at the way the Sheriff, [EDITED BY MOD 11 FOR VIOLATION OF TERMS OF USE], and a few others up there have treated her over the past year and THEN that email was a pathetic example of the Sheriff and those few trying to rub Laurie's and others faces in it. Practice what you preach! You bunch of hypocrites! Everyone and I mean everyone sees right thru you. Keep hanging on to Morgans shirttails. You will end up exactly where you deserve to be.

Let me save you the trouble of guessing, no I am not a McCann.

06-01-2014, 06:58 AM
David, I believe in giving credit where credit is due and I applaud you signing your name to your post. That was brave, sadly it is probably the only brave thing you have ever done in your Law Enforcement career. I don't plan on getting on here and calling you names, but would rather lay out some facts. First, you have no credibility at the Sheriff's Office because of you have earned anything that you have gotten. You were barely off of probation when you were transferred to Investigations. Now, I could have went along with that if you had prior experience as an Investigator or even prior LEO but you had neither. So you were a green rookie assigned to what should be a position for someone with at least several years of experience. Everybody knows that you got that position because your wife is the Sheriff's right hand woman. Next, after you were in Investigations for a few months, the Sheriff decided that patrol needed more deputies and Investigations had too many so he transferred several investigator back to patrol. Now, you were the last one put up there so you should have been the first one to go back to patrol. I mean you had the least amount of experience and the least amount of money spent on training to prepare you for Investigations. So it would seem like a no brainer to put you back in patrol, but we all know why that didn't happen because of your wife. Now, the honorable thing for you to have done would be to step and say hey I am the new guy here and I will go back to patrol where I can learn some more, but you didn't do that either now did you because you have no honor. Whenever the Sheriff put out an email that said Deputies could wear their military ribbons/medals/commendations on their Sheriff's Office uniform(like the Sheriff had been doing already), you jumped on that train and paraded around with your military bling on your Sheriff's office uniform. David, did you see anybody else doing that besides you and the Sheriff? I did not see anyone else doing it. I am not bashing the military because I fully support our troops in all branches, but we are a separate organization from the military and whatever you wear on this uniform should be what you earned in this uniform. I mean would you wear your employee of the month pin that you earned from Burger King on your Sheriff's Office uniform. I'm sure that you are proud of what you earned from the Military or any other employer, but that's what they make shadow boxes for. I have yet to see someone who came to work here from another Law Enforcement organization wear their awards on their S.O. uniform. Did you ever stop to think about how your actions might offend deputies who have actually earned their awards from ECSO while employed here? So now you know why you have no credibility or respect at ECSO in case you were wondering. And to the poster asking about FOP paying for the LEO Memorial, the other poster was correct in stating that the FOP paid for just about everything every year as well as paying to send deputies to the State LEO Memorial in Tallahassee and sending deputies to officer's funeral's in Florida and surrounding states. They have done that for a long time but not anymore thanks to our Sheriff getting his feelings hurt and showing how childish, unprofessional, and egotistical he is. Apparently neither of the two David's have any honor!!!

06-01-2014, 01:48 PM
I'm just so sorry that the FOP couldn't use their money to buy some more aprons for the committee this year. Those were such a great investment. Good to see member dues being put to such a great use.

06-01-2014, 05:04 PM
I'm just so sorry that the FOP couldn't use their money to buy some more aprons for the committee this year. Those were such a great investment. Good to see member dues being put to such a great use.

The aprons were for the committee members who served food. Pretty standard practice. I'm guessing you are talking about the fact that they were monogrammed, I am pretty sure one of the volunteers did that for free.

Since I know that several of the volunteers used their own time and gas doing things for the memorial I personally can live with the fact that my dues help furnish aprons to protect their clothes. But hey that's just me.

06-02-2014, 10:20 PM
I understand that you hate yourself which is why you attack others. Just know we see through you.

06-05-2014, 12:59 PM
I agree that Morgan and crew need to be gone, but the million dollar question is: who can beat him? And, would that person even run?

Sysop
06-05-2014, 08:13 PM
Greetings,

We have received a number of complaints on posts under this topic. At this time all posts violating our Terms of Use have either been removed or edited to comply (notations were made when editing) and one (1) user has been banned. The topic and this string were allowed to remain in fairness and because they do not violate our Terms of Use. I am making this post because future violations will result in more severe action against the poster(s).

Just so that we're clear, there is nothing in our Terms of Use prohibiting the mentioning of someone by name. It all depends on the context used. Normally we do not allow discussions involving family of LEOs, but when family members also work in law enforcement or even with your own agency (including civilian positions) that of course does not apply. The context used however is still paramount...so if you mention Jane Doe's name it should normally be something neutral or complimentary...and saying you are not happy with the secretaries (as a group) in a division because of this or that would normally be acceptable too. If you make a slam on anyone (i.e. saying they are stupid or a liar) the content will be deleted and you may be banned. We want this site to be positive, but we also want to effect positive change and realize that exposing negative (sometimes controversial) content is necessary first. It's all in how you go about doing it. Also, instructions on how to report posts are clearly contained online at http://www.leoaffairs.com/message-boards/abuse-and-violations/. If it doesn't bother you enough to report a post the correct way as outlined in our rules, then it simply doesn't bother you enough.

Lastly, I have to throw this in here. This string was started questioning the timing of a Memorial Ceremony by your department. Yes, it is true that the National Police Week Memorial Ceremony in Washington, D.C. is always on May 15th. To the best of my knowledge most police agencies (including my former one) hold their memorial ceremony on a separate date so as to not compete with Police Week. There are two (2) issues: some of your deputies might want to attend the ceremony in DC (you can't be two places at the same time) and if you have an officer killed-in-the-line-of-duty he will be honored in DC on May 15th (the officers family will be in DC, so holding your own memorial ceremony the same day would be in bad taste).

Thanks to everyone for helping us keep the integrity of this site!

06-06-2014, 12:11 AM
I'm glad that was cleared up.

06-06-2014, 12:20 AM
You know, defamation is considered a good reason to file a civil case against someone, but if what's said is the truth and can be proven, then it's not against the law. Some people need to remember this when they are laughing and joking about things they may not want people to know later. Especially when they're throwing stones from a glass house.

06-06-2014, 12:36 AM
Syscop,
Thank you for posting and providing a place for discussion.

I have a couple of questions, first, are you aware that at least one of your moderators was assigned to Internal Affairs and was actively trying to gather IP addresses of people who criticized the sheriff and his staff?

Secondly, have you received any form of communication from the ECSO legal counsel or a sheriffs staff member attempting to gather information on posters?

Allegations have been made that the ability for ECSO employees and citizens to have open discussions on your board has been compromised by several ECSO employees operating as your moderators when in fact they are assigned to or acting as agents of Internal Affairs.

Thank you for answering these questions publicly so ECSO employees can know whether to trust your board.

06-06-2014, 12:55 AM
I certainly hope that we are not wasting ECSO time and resources trying to investigate who called who a bad name on this site considering we have a backlog of actual crimes that need to be investigated. VMO

06-06-2014, 02:00 AM
I certainly hope that we are not wasting ECSO time and resources trying to investigate who called who a bad name on this site considering we have a backlog of actual crimes that need to be investigated. VMO

Perhaps there wouldn't be a back log of crimes needing to be investigated, if, instead of coming on here and sniping each other, we concentrated on doing actual, productive police work.

06-06-2014, 03:01 AM
We don't investigate crimes on our off time and being that whatever is posted is during off hours your argument is flawed. The admin snoops while they're on duty so perhaps that's why nothing get accomplished.

06-06-2014, 03:50 AM
I work hard when I am at work and when I am off I work hard to make sure to spread the word VMO!

06-06-2014, 07:57 PM
This article about David Ingram is the truth and not rumor. A corrupt officer who should be fired.

http://www.usobserver.com/archive/nov-1 ... arges.html (http://www.usobserver.com/archive/nov-11/inventing-rico-charges.html)

06-06-2014, 09:04 PM
This article about David Ingram is the truth and not rumor. A corrupt officer who should be fired.

http://www.usobserver.com/archive/nov-1 ... arges.html (http://www.usobserver.com/archive/nov-11/inventing-rico-charges.html)

What's the going rate to get them to write an article on their site that days whatever id like it to say?

06-06-2014, 10:04 PM

What's the going rate to get them to write an article on their site that days whatever id like it to say?

Funny thing is this one is backed up by court records. Check it out for yourself. Oh, I do believe a suit has been filed in US District Court also.

06-06-2014, 10:16 PM
I'll help you out here, this is one of the defendants. Please scroll down to the bottom to se where the court dropped the case.

http://www.escambiaclerk.com/xml/xmlBM. ... e_id=19900 (http://www.escambiaclerk.com/xml/xmlBM.asp?ucase_id=19900)

Hold on and I'll get the rest for you..............

06-06-2014, 10:23 PM
And another.....

http://www.escambiaclerk.com/xml/xmlBM. ... _id=758713 (http://www.escambiaclerk.com/xml/xmlBM.asp?ucase_id=758713)

06-06-2014, 10:29 PM
And another...........

http://www.escambiaclerk.com/xml/xmlBM. ... id=1394466 (http://www.escambiaclerk.com/xml/xmlBM.asp?ucase_id=1394466)

06-06-2014, 10:31 PM
This made me laugh!!!!! What the hell do you think this admin is all about? They do nothing but try to punish anyone who has said something bad about the sheriff and especially the Chief. Morgan or Haines wouldn't know the first thing about solving a crime. One hasn't ever made an arrest. And I bet the other one hadn't made very many

06-06-2014, 10:37 PM
And another...................

http://www.escambiaclerk.com/xml/xmlBM. ... id=1394466 (http://www.escambiaclerk.com/xml/xmlBM.asp?ucase_id=1394466)

Thats four dropped from the same case David. Any other officer would have been on admin leave and eventually fired and criminally charged. This is another example of the corrupt Sheriff that we have. Your wife is his secretary and you get away with this. Officers like you make it harder for the rest of us to do our jobs David.

06-07-2014, 12:45 AM
Please leave him in place. It will get better with his other cases going to court. This will bite him in the ass so hard. He has no creditability now and leaving him there will make it only worse. He had no investigative experience when they put him up there and it's obvious he hasn't learned one thing. I can only hear the conversations down at the ASA Office when they learn one of them has one of his cases. What do wanna bet they will find him another day job soon so he can still be off on weekends and holidays? Just as I wrote that, I had a thought. He better be off the same days as his spouse. After reading that other post that was on here, it may be a little late.

06-10-2014, 12:14 AM
Sure has been quiet on here. I guess the Ingram"s are plottin their response.............Can't argue with the truth can ya Davey?

07-04-2014, 12:48 PM
I haven't heard any one on here saying their laughing or how great of a job any one done for the Memorial. It's funny how when you're slapped in the face with facts/truths, you shut up. I'm sure the word upstairs is that we are going to find out who put all that information on this public site and sue them. I'd be careful due to the fact that you just couldn't keep your mouth shut and spewed it out to all those that would listen. It may even clear up some denials you've been making to your spouse. He has to walk around every day looking at these guys wondering if they're laughing too. Well, they are. I think he should start asking questions. If he's the experienced Investigator he claims to be, he should be able to pick up on the deception pretty fast. Hopefully some one will tell him not to ask questions about something he really doesn't want to know. Have a great 4th of July and don't eat the "CHICKEN".

07-04-2014, 08:13 PM
If you attended the memorial ceremony and heard the applause from the families, that was all that mattered. For you to use that solemn event as a political football is reprehensible. The approval of sociopaths and thugs is not required. Carry on with your campaign of hatred and disrespect. It's all you've got.

07-05-2014, 12:48 AM
Talking about football. You're past the goal there. You have no idea what the writer meant. I don't think they're using anything as a political football. You are a troll.

07-05-2014, 02:51 AM
Talking about football. You're past the goal there. You have no idea what the writer meant. I don't think they're using anything as a political football. You are a troll.
If he's past the goal then he scored. It doesn't matter what the writer meant. The memorial is a sacred event that should not become fodder for your idiotic banter. If it's you that gets on the EOW list someday I'm sure your loved ones won't want your memory besmirched with the ravings of rabid lunatics. Trolls stir up trouble. Having your disrespect for the dead pointed out to you is stirring up truth.

07-06-2014, 03:29 AM
I guess it doesn't really matter either way DI got promoted, which proves you can be despised by the SAO and your fellow workers and still get promoted. Since he was not first on the list it sounds like Moron sought to silence the critics.

07-06-2014, 05:13 AM
He was promoted in the proper order. I don't have much nice to say about the guy, but he got his promotion fair and square just like anybody else can. Whether he keeps it is a different question.

07-06-2014, 09:52 PM
He was promoted in the proper order. I don't have much nice to say about the guy, but he got his promotion fair and square just like anybody else can. Whether he keeps it is a different question.

He will keep it at all costs and there isn't an event, bad decision or crisis that can get him demoted as long as Morgan is shurf.

07-07-2014, 12:13 AM
Who did he celebrate his promotion with? Was it Jerry, Jan, Mike, Jimmy, Tommy or Neil? I'd hate to know really.

07-07-2014, 08:12 AM
Yes, I agree nothing good to say about him (DI), but he did earn his promotion fair and square; or did we just promote one extra Sgt. so he wouldn't be stuck on the list and have to take the test again. Now let's see how his 2 years (maybe less) of vast street experience with no experience as an FTO or anything serves him as a supervisor. I guess I really shouldn't complain because I do like the promotional system that we have in place now compared to the old one. Of course if the old one were in place he would have been promoted a long time ago.

Unregistered
10-18-2016, 01:38 AM
In years past the FOP has paid for ALL memorial expenses other than the comp time (if any) earned by the participants.

I would also like to take the time to point out that for years and years , Laurie McCann coordinated and executed the memorial. She never asked for any special recognition , she did it for the families. David Ingram, she is a shining example of how the families should be honored. I am ashamed at the way the Sheriff, [EDITED BY MOD 11 FOR VIOLATION OF TERMS OF USE], and a few others up there have treated her over the past year and THEN that email was a pathetic example of the Sheriff and those few trying to rub Laurie's and others faces in it. Practice what you preach! You bunch of hypocrites! Everyone and I mean everyone sees right thru you. Keep hanging on to Morgans shirttails. You will end up exactly where you deserve to be.

Laurie McCann/Rains/Mumford is an incredible personality who deserves a lot of credit, especially from old timers, and one who can no longer be with us, Doug Heist. Her talented tongue has thrilled and delighted any number of us, and I'm happy to say I was one of the recipients. She may not have asked any credit for her memorial work, but she bragged about her other talents when she was a dispatcher, and even graded her, uh, uniformed friends with stars. 5 stars were highly coveted.

Unregistered
10-18-2016, 04:56 PM

I'm not a McCann either and Laurie McCann has gone above and beyond. All of her many deputy friends through the years can attest to her dedication and many talents, and they are prodigious. If he could be here, Doug Heist would praise her too.

Unregistered
10-18-2016, 09:25 PM
Someone must have been really bored to dig this one up.

Unregistered
10-19-2016, 10:40 AM
I'm not a McCann either and Laurie McCann has gone above and beyond. All of her many deputy friends through the years can attest to her dedication and many talents, and they are prodigious. If he could be here, Doug Heist would praise her too.

Why are you bothering yourself with these people, 95% of the department have no idea who these people are and 100% of those of us who do, don't care. This is old news that only serves the purpose of your tiny erection.