PDA

View Full Version : County vehicle

05-06-2014, 10:09 PM
Good luck on getting a county vehicle that actually works, the majority have over 100,000 miles. We had more vehicles when we didn't pay for them then now lol what a joke. You spend more time deadline a car than going to calls... But who cares....

05-06-2014, 11:44 PM
Continue to deadline your cars. DO NOT go on the road with faulty or inoperable equipment. Eventually the shops will be overcome with the obvious, a yard full of junk cars. This will also impact response times, calls holding, etc. The mayor doesn't care about what you drive now but wait til the complaints start from the citizens. Whatever beef you have with the PD is personal, mr. mayor. Get over it and let this great agency thrive as it should.

05-07-2014, 12:18 AM
Yes the cars stink. But I found that fleet wrote a pitch to lease next years cars. I also heard that the mayor's office agreed. Hopefully they pull it off.

But I agree. Deadline the cars and make GSA do their job (I know they don't do a very good job if that)

05-13-2014, 05:56 AM
Folks, The car situation is a morale buster! The cars are falling apart and the paint is peeling off. Unfortunately, we hide them from special events, dignitaries and out of town funerals. Whenever we have someone from Downtown or an out of town guest, we are asked to use the newer cars. We can't even get cars for officers that have made probation. God forbid that you complain to Alex or his boyfriend, the sergeant. As for GSA, it takes them 2 to 3 months get get a car back from the body shop. What happened to the most prestigious department in the southeastern United States? This is so sad!

05-13-2014, 01:16 PM
Folks, The car situation is a morale buster! The cars are falling apart and the paint is peeling off. Unfortunately, we hide them from special events, dignitaries and out of town funerals. Whenever we have someone from Downtown or an out of town guest, we are asked to use the newer cars. We can't even get cars for officers that have made probation. God forbid that you complain to Alex or his boyfriend, the sergeant. As for GSA, it takes them 2 to 3 months get get a car back from the body shop. What happened to the most prestigious department in the southeastern United States? This is so sad!
And that's just for re-stripping the car.

05-13-2014, 04:13 PM
196,000 miles. I have a hole in the floor board. I had to buy 3 door mats and lay them down on the floor so my foot doesn't fall through.

The $50 didn't cover this expense. I did.

F Dade County
F the Mayor
F this Department

That's my honest feeling.

05-13-2014, 05:59 PM
196,000 miles. I have a hole in the floor board. I had to buy 3 door mats and lay them down on the floor so my foot doesn't fall through.

F Dade County
F the Mayor
F this Department

Could not agree with you more. Your department is slowly imploding. From the inept administration who turn a blind eye to the real root of the problem. I am sorry, your agency has brought it on themselves. I feel sorry for the majority of the good hard working honest officers.
The problem is the unbelievable lawlessness that thrives in Dade county and the blatant corruption.
It is sickening how Dade county can operate as a third world country!!!
That includes the corrupt State Attorney's Office. The leader of the corruption pack!!!

05-14-2014, 02:18 AM

You are truly one of the most prolific writers of our time. Awe inspiring. You should really consider writing children's books or hallmark cards for the klan. :roll:

05-14-2014, 02:21 AM

F Dade County
F the Mayor
F this Department

Could not agree with you more. Your department is slowly imploding. From the inept administration who turn a blind eye to the real root of the problem. I am sorry, your agency has brought it on themselves. I feel sorry for the majority of the good hard working honest officers.
The problem is the unbelievable lawlessness that thrives in Dade county and the blatant corruption.
That includes the corrupt State Attorney's Office. The leader of the corruption pack!!!

Really, "your agency has brought it on themselves"? That response is overly simplistic and narrow-minded. The fact is the entire County has failed this department. The County administrators who thought MDPD could survive year after year without hiring or replacing vehicles. The Board of County Commissioners who preach about how dedicated they are to public safety and then refuse to do what is needed to properly fund the department. And last, but not least, the citizens who come out to support every cause imaginable, but can't muster up any kind of emotion to defend the dwindling police department that serves their community every day. The officer with a 196,000 mile vehicle should be pissed off. We have all failed you and your department. I can't fix it - no one person can. But i am very well aware of where the responsibilities lie and it is with all of us.

05-14-2014, 01:01 PM

F Dade County
F the Mayor
F this Department

Really, "your agency has brought it on themselves"? That response is overly simplistic and narrow-minded. The fact is the entire County has failed this department. The County administrators who thought MDPD could survive year after year without hiring or replacing vehicles. The Board of County Commissioners who preach about how dedicated they are to public safety and then refuse to do what is needed to properly fund the department. And last, but not least, the citizens who come out to support every cause imaginable, but can't muster up any kind of emotion to defend the dwindling police department that serves their community every day. The officer with a 196,000 mile vehicle should be pissed off. We have all failed you and your department. I can't fix it - no one person can. But i am very well aware of where the responsibilities lie and it is with all of us.

Dude it was not long ago that a number of officers were driving these cars to the west coast maybe that's how the miles were run up.

05-14-2014, 04:48 PM
Again, a very narrow-minded response. A few officers driving vehicles to the west coast does not translate into approximately 1200 vehicles having more than 100,000 miles. Try to think outside your little :roll: box.

05-14-2014, 05:17 PM
Again, a very narrow-minded response. A few officers driving vehicles to the west coast does not translate into approximately 1200 vehicles having more than 100,000 miles. Try to think outside your little :roll: box.

Correct, it does not but you take that exposure along with the volume of our vehicles travelling outside the county, incidents of DUI and other behaviors that detracted from our position and argument and then you wind up with this type of priority.The real problem is the public will never support us on these cars everone should realize that.They may care about us but do not think they should supply vehicles for personal use at all so careful what you sound off about.

05-15-2014, 12:00 AM
actually, driving to and from Naples on I75 would actually be good for the car. The long highway miles would do the car some good.