PDA

View Full Version : Steve Johnson new chief

04-08-2014, 01:30 AM
http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/04/07/4 ... miami.html (http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/04/07/4045576/north-miami-manager-to-head-miami.html)

A suicide watch has been placed on Ralph.

04-08-2014, 06:23 PM
So let me see if I got this right...take a candidate who was a lousy chief with North Miami, who became an even worse city manager in the same city, and this is supposed to be our solution? No need to believe me...go back and read The Herald's past stories about Little Stevie Blunder. His record speaks for itself. Loudly.

04-08-2014, 07:18 PM
So let me see if I got this right...take a candidate who was a lousy chief with North Miami, who became an even worse city manager in the same city, and this is supposed to be our solution? No need to believe me...go back and read The Herald's past stories about Little Stevie Blunder. His record speaks for itself. Loudly.

I agree with you Ralph. This guy shouldn't be chief.

04-09-2014, 12:35 AM
black ..qualifications not needed

04-09-2014, 03:07 AM
black ..qualifications not needed

His resume looks like he is qualified to me! But do me a favor, get your racist @$$ out of my city and my department!

04-09-2014, 10:28 PM
No need to make racial comments.
Just the facts, this guy must be politically connected.
He was a terrible sergeant, promoted to Major and out of his league.
Then became a terrible chief and City Manager.
How is he qualified to be the next chief.

POLITICS!!!!!

04-09-2014, 11:20 PM

POLITICS!!!!!

Sounds like he worked his way to the top and you are just hating on the guy. If he was white or Hispanic you guys will be like great job but he's black and it's politics. Go figure!

04-10-2014, 12:25 AM

POLITICS!!!!!

Sounds like he worked his way to the top and you are just hating on the guy. If he was white or Hispanic you guys will be like great job but he's black and it's politics. Go figure!

Had he been Hispanic or White, likely he had earned his civil service ranks of sergeant, lieutenant and even captain; likely at another police agency other than North Miami, the place is a sewer. Yet the demographics facts are what they are and no Hispanic or White candidate had a snow ball chance in hell to be appointed police chief by the black elected officers and the black city manager. If he applied, a formidable -- black -- candidate would have been current Miami Police Major Craig McQueen. McQueen would have brought to the chief's office all the personal achievements previously cited and more. Apparently he is not politically connected at Miami Gardens.

http://www.miami-police.org/docs/bio_Ma ... cQueen.pdf (http://www.miami-police.org/docs/bio_Major%20Craig%20McQueen.pdf)

04-10-2014, 01:52 AM
You obviously don't know McQueen. He is a friggin idiot that looks good on paper but can't write a complete sentence, has no leadership skills and is a racist POS.

McQueen as a chief, LOL.....he might a good pimp for the remake of Superfly but he is no chief

04-10-2014, 03:56 AM
You obviously don't know McQueen. He is a friggin idiot that looks good on paper but can't write a complete sentence, has no leadership skills and is a racist POS.

McQueen as a chief, LOL.....he might a good pimp for the remake of Superfly but he is no chief

As long as the color of the person is black you guys will make a negative comment and find ways to discredit that person!

04-10-2014, 12:47 PM

As long as the color of the person is black you guys will make a negative comment and find ways to discredit that person!

As long as the color of the person is black you will be blind to their inabilities and lack of qualifications. But, it's a black city and we need a black chief. Stop playing the race card. Who woulda thunk.... Even after black people started getting everything handed to them, they would still play the race card.

04-10-2014, 05:18 PM

As long as the color of the person is black you will be blind to their inabilities and lack of qualifications. But, it's a black city and we need a black chief. Stop playing the race card. Who woulda thunk.... Even after black people started getting everything handed to them, they would still play the race card.

Why not, when White America is so craven and at the inference of the race card, bents over like a Biscayne Boulevard white crack head whore?

04-10-2014, 11:23 PM
McQueen is a dumb back stabbing negro that has tried to stab black brothers in the back at MPD.

04-10-2014, 11:54 PM

That is so absolutely wrong. I have worked for awesome bosses, both black and white and I have worked with some complete morons, both black and white. But my question is, is this guy the MOST QUALIFIED CANDIDATE? If not, why not?

04-11-2014, 01:28 PM

Why not, when White America is so craven and at the inference of the race card, bents over like a Biscayne Boulevard white crack head whore?

My point, exactly! You have no grasp of grammar or the English language, but I bet in your eyes you are a genius and see nothing wrong with your statement. Hell, I bet you even feel you deserve to be in some type of leading/supervisory role. Which brings us full circle to my point again...the qualifications are lacking, but unfortunately that doesn't matter when you have race to deal with.

04-11-2014, 01:41 PM
Everyone here damn well knows, that if the candidate wasn't black, he wasn't getting hired. Did any white or Hispanic applicants even make the final candidate list? I'm pretty sure they didn't. As much as we wanna sit back and say it ain't about race, it is. Came from the mayor's mouth himself..what did he say on camera? We are looking for a chief that matches this community...don't take a genius to see what that means.

04-12-2014, 01:44 AM
If any of you don't agree with the selection of the new Chief, you can leave just like Major Chapman is preparing to do, or you can start to do right by my community by just doing your job!

Lol...damn that felt good.

You're absolutely right. I did enough wrong to this community so I better go before I get fired!

04-12-2014, 02:01 AM
If any of you don't agree with the selection of the new Chief, you can leave just like Major Chapman is preparing to do, or you can start to do right by my community by just doing your job!

Lol...damn that felt good.

Didn't you get demoted once already?

04-12-2014, 02:44 AM
Guys, for one, the mayor said, at Council meetings and on TV, "we're hiring a chief who reflects this community, someone who looks like us" ..... And look around, if you are not an OMEGA frat brother, you're not going anywhere in this city.... Period. Good thing this will be a one term mayor!!!

04-12-2014, 03:21 PM
Chief Johnson asked Maj.AL to be his D/C, sources say AL declined so Capt. AB was offered and accepted the D/C spot. Congrats D/C Brooklyn. The trooops need you.

04-12-2014, 05:42 PM
It's my understanding that There will be to DC positions and Ralph will fill one of them. It's about time.

04-12-2014, 08:42 PM
It's my understanding that There will be to DC positions and Ralph will fill one of them. It's about time.

Ralph certainly deserves a promotion.

04-13-2014, 12:22 AM
I agree, therfore were going to appont him to a newly created position of Executive Assistant....

04-13-2014, 02:25 AM

Ralph certainly deserves a promotion.

Congrats Ralph.

04-13-2014, 04:25 PM
Chief Johnson asked Maj.AL to be his D/C, sources say AL declined so Capt. AB was offered and accepted the D/C spot. Congrats D/C Brooklyn. The trooops need you.
No sot. Maj AL has not been offered anything as of yet. He's still thinking about his next move. Remember, he's buddy buddy with Sheriff Scott Israel and that's on top of his priority list right now! And don't forget he doesn't have the FBI academy under him, yet...

04-13-2014, 06:55 PM
When does our new Chief and D/C start? Cant wait until he shakes things up a little. I doubt it will be Brooklyn, at least not now, he is a rising stat in this organization and will eventually take over.

04-19-2014, 01:33 PM
Chief, where are you? Are you having second thoughts?

04-22-2014, 05:33 PM
Nonsense, I am working on my strategies and tactics, for this [IS] the moment when the rise of [violent crimes begins] to slow and our [City begins] to heal!

04-22-2014, 08:00 PM
Nonsense, I am working on my strategies and tactics, for this [IS] the moment when the rise of [violent crimes begins] to slow and our [City begins] to heal!

Good luck with that. If you keep this administration your plans will be as good as just a plan, with none falling through. Start by losing the dead weight majors and questionable captains. Maybe then you won't be considered as just another brass material receiving a paycheck.

04-26-2014, 03:53 AM
Hello Chief. Do everyone a favor and get rid of Chappy. He is THE major contributor to the defamation of the good officers who want to do their jobs without the pressure of numbers. What do you guys think?

05-04-2014, 09:08 PM
OMG, I never seen so much butt kissing, Chappy and Lewers following thr Chief around like lil puppies. I guess they are competing for the D/C job. Get over guys, the job belongs to Capt AB. Enough already.

05-09-2014, 09:25 PM
WTF!!!

OH MY GODDDD...WE ARE DOOMED!! THE BLIND LEADING?? are you serious Chief

05-09-2014, 09:59 PM
WTF!!!

OH MY GODDDD...WE ARE DOOMED!! THE BLIND LEADING?? are you serious Chief

You got folks that were in charge of the motorpool and paper clips, now in charge of investigations. Wow.

05-09-2014, 10:17 PM
Today is a great historical day at the MGPD! I love and embrace this new change! Those of you who have something negative to say need to move on. All those promoted have the experience and credentials to back it up.

05-11-2014, 05:33 PM
Don let the door knob hit you where the good Lord split you!

05-12-2014, 07:39 AM
Today is a great historical day at the MGPD! I love and embrace this new change! Those of you who have something negative to say need to move on. All those promoted have the experience and credentials to back it up.

It's a marvel of modern science that you could type that out with so many ****s in your hand and pairs of nuts resting on your eyes.

05-12-2014, 09:46 AM
You all are MAD....Huh!!!!
LMAO........

05-12-2014, 09:50 AM
My bet is......Skaggs or Suarez and maybe Williams writing these negative comments. ......I sure hope that they Remain hidden....lol

05-12-2014, 11:26 AM
It is obvious that the recent promotions make some of you sick to your stomach; I myself was surprised with Major of Investigations in particular. However, the new Major of investigations has well over 2 decades of experience and who's to say she does not have the experience... has anyone checked credentials/resume or past experience? AL can be a pain but he is more than qualified. AL just please remain humble and assist and leading this agency like the GOD fearing man you are. Remember you DO NOT know everything! AB yes he has his personal ways but we all have our ways. As professionals we should not let our personal lifestyle interfere with our job and the people we lead. If so then that person should be removed. AB you know your shit and are more than ready.. this is your chance to shine and a lot of people are depending on you. Please don't let us down. JH (Major) historically has been a nervous wreck. Some may refer to him as the spineless coward. lets not forget the dictators that once ran this agency instilling fear in all command staff (especially JH) giving them orders (or else) not allowing them to truly be themselves and do their job. JH the unnecessary pressure is off your back. You are a well rounded.. well spoken military vet.. leading the patrol troops should be cake for you. Chappy... you have proven to be a loyal servant who will carry out any assignments given to you... the thing is you have offended and hurt a lot of people doing so. The bad thing is the past administration was almost ran this agency into the ground.. so people associate you with that. Chappy you have offended, hurt, and made a lot of enemies because of your allegiance to the past regime. By the grace of GOD you were given mercy and you are still a Major... hopefully this is a fresh start to change the perception of the troops and you new bosses. You should really thank the Chief and your new superiors b/c believe it or not they somewhat advocated for you. Truillio... lol the hidden one... just get on the bus.

To ALL we now have a new command in place and a new agenda. This department will only be better if the troops here embrace the change. It has been really difficult for me the last few years here dealing with the BS. Now we should consider this a breath of fresh air. Chief I see your efforts and I am willing to give you and all your decisions a fighting chance understanding that no man is perfect. I understand that you are coming into a difficult situation trying to repair the image and damage that was done to this city, police force, and most importantly the residents. If you are not on board and ready to embrace this change to move forward, if you are the ones who want to continue to bicker over the small shit, if you are only here to stir the pot, and if you are here to continue to racially divide this department (black, white, yellow, pink, whatever).. GET THE **** OUT OF MY CITY!!!!

FACTS: you work for Miami Gardens a city that historically has been battling the worst of the worst crimes (mostly black on black). Yes we need a raise but you get paid well and drive nice/new cars (raises will come).... we have jobs. Also.. You work in an 80% black city with tons of socioeconomic issues and where some of the most horrific crimes occur (especially black on black crimes). Not all can work in this city... so thank you to all who accept the challenge day in day out. The reality is we have a black city government, black Chief and almost all black executive command staff; however the support staff & supervisors are overwhelmingly non black. My point is this!! for those of you (I don't care what your race is) who have a problem working for this agency leave.. we will be fine with out you. For the rest of us lets embrace this change until our leaders show us otherwise.

05-12-2014, 02:14 PM
Wow you guys are MAD! The ones who are fuming are the ones who are scared...lol. You should be scared b/c you did nothing for the City but get a paycheck and now it's time to actually do some work! The days of raping the City are now over and if you did you job like you were supposed to, you wouldn't have anything to worry about! It's not anger that you're displaying, it's fear. I smell it all over you guys!....LOL

05-12-2014, 07:15 PM
when will we hire more people for patrol! i hope that is next on the to do list. :devil:

05-13-2014, 01:14 AM
I agree more troops... we really need more boots on the streets!!!

05-13-2014, 01:30 AM
I agree more troops... we really need more boots on the streets!!!
yea we are about 100 man short for a city this big but i would take 50 extra bodies for now over what we have now

05-13-2014, 02:50 PM
I'm a certified applicant with prior experience and haven't heard from MG since my interview in January. They stressed that we should not call for a status, but after four months of not hearing anything I had to call. I was told by HR that things were on hold due to a lot of "changes", so I'm assuming these were the changes they were talking about. I hope to hear something soon. I would assume that while everything was on "hold" for the past four months that they would have been able to at least hammer out some backgrounds so that when the "hold" is released they can fill the positions ASAP, but I haven't heard that any of my references or prior jobs were contacted. I guess it's just the typical waiting game now. Be safe out there folks and whether or not I am hired, I hope for the best for y'all with the recent changes.

05-13-2014, 05:23 PM
I'm a certified applicant with prior experience and haven't heard from MG since my interview in January. They stressed that we should not call for a status, but after four months of not hearing anything I had to call. I was told by HR that things were on hold due to a lot of "changes", so I'm assuming these were the changes they were talking about. I hope to hear something soon. I would assume that while everything was on "hold" for the past four months that they would have been able to at least hammer out some backgrounds so that when the "hold" is released they can fill the positions ASAP, but I haven't heard that any of my references or prior jobs were contacted. I guess it's just the typical waiting game now. Be safe out there folks and whether or not I am hired, I hope for the best for y'all with the recent changes.
My Background took one week and was completed 4 weeks ago and the new chief did not start until the following Tuesday. i been waiting for the new chief to sign off since last month but he's been busy getting the department in order. City Hall just moved into the new building friday the 9th, transitioning into the new building along with the two I.A. sergeants in charge backgrounds who are also moving to the new building. be patient the time will come.

05-13-2014, 10:49 PM
My Background took one week and was completed 4 weeks ago and the new chief did not start until the following Tuesday. i been waiting for the new chief to sign off since last month but he's been busy getting the department in order. City Hall just moved into the new building friday the 9th, transitioning into the new building along with the two I.A. sergeants in charge backgrounds who are also moving to the new building. be patient the time will come.

If you don't mind, could you share your timeline? I applied in October (I believe) of last year, didn't hear anything until mid to late January inviting me to an interview the next week, but then haven't heard anything. I haven't been notified whether I passed the interview or not, but I've been told if I hadn't passed I would have been notified already.

When was your app turned in, interview, notification of passing interview, poly, psych, etc?

I'm just wondering if I actually passed the interview or not as of this point. Thanks.

05-13-2014, 11:11 PM
Sorry to tell you, if y'all ain't from Miami Gardens, they ain't hiring you. The mayor wants city residents as cops here...

05-14-2014, 12:00 AM

If you don't mind, could you share your timeline? I applied in October (I believe) of last year, didn't hear anything until mid to late January inviting me to an interview the next week, but then haven't heard anything. I haven't been notified whether I passed the interview or not, but I've been told if I hadn't passed I would have been notified already.

When was your app turned in, interview, notification of passing interview, poly, psych, etc?

I'm just wondering if I actually passed the interview or not as of this point. Thanks.

(Bilingual Military Veteran with Bachelors Degree beginning Masters)
Applied in October 18,2013
Oral Board December 18,2013
Letter Stating I am Moving Forward February 20,2014
Turned In (CJBAT) and the Physical Ability Test (PAT) Results February 27,2014 (Completed Phase 1)
Conditional Offer February 28,2014
Psychological - March 11,2014
Polygraph- March 13,2014
Medical - March 14,2014
Background - March 25,2014 Completed
Curretly Waiting Approval By Chief

05-19-2014, 12:27 AM
What are the names of your new command staff and their assignments?

05-19-2014, 03:13 PM

Who wants to know?

05-20-2014, 01:07 AM

Who wants to know?

Does it matter? Or is it some super, top-secret, need-to-know, protected info? Last I checked the public was allowed to know who served them.

05-20-2014, 02:11 AM

Who wants to know?

Does it matter? Or is it some super, top-secret, need-to-know, protected info? Last I checked the public was allowed to know who served them.

Shut the **** up TROLL....if they want to know, then go on the department website.

05-20-2014, 11:54 AM

Who wants to know?

Shut the **** up TROLL....if they want to know, then go on the department website.

Hmmm, really keyboard warrior? Let's take a look at this department website that you want us to get the info from: "Chief-bio coming soon", "Deputy Chief-bio coming soon", "Legal Advisor-description coming soon/bio coming soon", etc. It seems so outdated I don't think we will learn anything from it anytime soon.

You must feel like an idiot right now, lol.

05-20-2014, 11:15 PM

Who wants to know?

Hmmm, really keyboard warrior? Let's take a look at this department website that you want us to get the info from: "Chief-bio coming soon", "Deputy Chief-bio coming soon", "Legal Advisor-description coming soon/bio coming soon", etc. It seems so outdated I don't think we will learn anything from it anytime soon.

You must feel like an idiot right now, lol.

Not really. If whoever wants to know who they are, they'll find out in time. And what does it matter anywho?

05-22-2014, 11:24 AM
Chief of Police
Stephen E. Johnson

Assistant Chief
Alfred Lewes

Police Majors
Anthony Chapman
Frank Trujillo
Audrey Coney Brown
James Hughes

05-22-2014, 05:05 PM
You missed Assistant Chief Brooklen

06-02-2014, 02:34 PM
I will give everyone at least one chance to show their abilities... The clock is now ticking on the new chief's leadership... We'll see who he is soon enough... Until then, good luck but look a little deeper at your choices in the next set of promotions...

06-03-2014, 04:07 AM
Hughes is a MAJOR, holy crap that guy is as big of a coward as Chappy, they are both afraid of their own shadows. You got 1 coward from a 12 man dept to a major in MG then Mr Movie set to a Major in the gardens.That place is really a fing joke. Oh yeah and if you leave and try to get hired somewhere else they will lie and give you a bad recommendation. JOKE!!!! It's got to catch up to them sooner or later, payback is a *****.

06-05-2014, 02:30 AM
It's not just one major... Look at all the recent promotions... (Lewers-AC, Brooklen-AC, Hughes-Maj, Coney-Brown-Major, Thony-Cpt, Williams-Cpt) No one with real experience(save Williams), management ability (budgeting, dealing with people, etc.), or with KSA's was promoted. The department can move forward with the right people in key positions. Being hidden, fooling around w/CC, S Harassment, and covering up are not the KSA's needed... Resumes do not tell the real story... It will be very interesting looking in....