PDA

View Full Version : New Bombshell hits NPPD!!

03-26-2014, 02:46 AM
ABC 7 News reports that a former NPPD officer has come forward about wild parties, sex, drugs, drinking, and widespread misconduct that reaches supervisory levels.

http://www.mysuncoast.com/news/local/north-port-police-face-allegations-of-wild-parties-drug-use/article_69c838a8-b45d-11e3-9c4b-001a4bcf6878.html

03-26-2014, 03:37 AM
I have no dog in this fight. True or false, until it proven it's all gossip.

Disgruntled ex-employees always appear ( not saying this is the case but I'm not ruling it out either)out of no where with stories when someone is on the ropes.I've seen to many good officers get crucified in the media over hype.......they never print the retractions as big as the headlines.......The media is not the judge and jury no matter how hard they try.

03-26-2014, 10:33 AM
From the article:

"At the party on March 2nd, Taylor and Officer Rick Urbina allegedly handcuffed a woman before sexually violating her – a turn of events that doesn’t surprise our informant."

Who is Taylor?

03-26-2014, 10:52 AM
That would be Melanie Turner's alias under the passport she just applied for.

03-26-2014, 11:21 AM
the story was leaked by former National Enquirer and National Star reporter Bobeth Yates on channel 7. What has happened to this station to stoop to such gutter scraping sensationalism and this type of reporter?????

03-26-2014, 02:43 PM
the story was leaked by former National Enquirer and National Star reporter Bobeth Yates on channel 7. What has happened to this station to stoop to such gutter scraping sensationalism and this type of reporter?????

Truth is truth whomever reports it. The NPPD sewer pipes have burst open and the fecal matter that has been backing up for years is spilling out.

Even if it was sometime ago, I wittnessed numerous fellow officers drink to excess at our PBA meetings. One or two coolers of "Bud" were always the standard on hand at the meetings.

The meetings were held at a local NP restaurant after hours in the late afternoon or early evening. It was not uncommon for the officers to drive home after the meeting feeling no pain at all.
In fact some of the officers who worked night shift would even report for duty less then six hours later. Sgt. Cpl. and patrol officers alike.

03-26-2014, 02:59 PM
He also claims Melanie Turner, who is facing sexual battery and false imprisonment charges stemming from an alleged sexual assault at a party on March 2nd, was among a group that would regularly initiate group sex with party attendees.
Maybe FDLE could step in and interview Melanie Turner to corroborate the above with names of others? Working in tandum with the SAO, a plea deal could possibly be cut for Turner, contingent on whether or not she talks and is willing to disclose information. Ricky is already dead -- and so is that case (pretty much).

03-26-2014, 03:26 PM
First it was it the Herald Tribune with Lee Williams, then SNN6 News that was talking trash about us.
Now you want to add ABC 7 to the list of sh*t talkers about us.
How about the plain and simple truth for a change. It is not someone elses fault that our department the constant focus of the media and the public at large. It is our own fault for finding the department up to it's neck in crap.
A whole lot of people had better get their job resumes up dated and in order. Some might even consider contacting an attorney as well.

03-26-2014, 04:15 PM
First it was it the Herald Tribune with Lee Williams, then SNN6 News that was talking trash about us.
Now you want to add ABC 7 to the list of sh*t talkers about us.
How about the plain and simple truth for a change. It is not someone elses fault that our department the constant focus of the media and the public at large. It is our own fault for finding the department up to it's neck in crap.
A whole lot of people had better get their job resumes up dated and in order. Some might even consider contacting an attorney as well.

And you might stop coming on here representing yourself as 1 of our officers. If you were you would know the garbage coming out as truth by some reporter that's had at least 5 jobs and is STILL trying to make a name for herself at a tv station has stooped to such a low with an "anonymous informant" and could actually make a report based on that, is the type of reporter that will do anything for attention. I'm sure it won't be long before ABC 7 realizes that she can get them into some real jams basing her stories on fact-less innuendos.

03-26-2014, 04:54 PM
And you might stop coming on here representing yourself as 1 of our officers. If you were you would know the garbage coming out as truth by some reporter that's had at least 5 jobs and is STILL trying to make a name for herself at a tv station has stooped to such a low with an "anonymous informant" and could actually make a report based on that, is the type of reporter that will do anything for attention. I'm sure it won't be long before ABC 7 realizes that she can get them into some real jams basing her stories on fact-less innuendos.
Deny, deny, deny. I sure you are the same on that posted on the original thread about Turner and Urbina. You used the same line about gossip, bullsh*t and hate by the media. You got that one shoved up you &ss with that one just like you will with this. You are a ferm believer of "shoot the messenger" that is for sure.
In the whole interview all I see is an unidentified former officer of our department making statements about things they personaly wittnessed while working here.

You have yet to address those accusations or the ones made about Turner and Urbina on that topic. All you do is attack the person placing the information here.
Sorry but your constant crap attempt at trying to redirected the topic is getting very tiresome and pathetic.

One would start to think with all this misdirection you keep posting, that you might be one of the officers the interviewed officer was talking about.

Till all this stuff started at the department a few weeks ago, there was hardly ever anyone view this message forum. Now there is never any less then three viewers here at any time of the day.
Makes one wonder how many are mid-management or admin? Guess we should count you as one of them.
Just to prove I'm with the PD and know what I'm talking about, let me ask you a question please?
How many officers are arguing ove who should be assigned Urbina's cruiser? :shock: :shock:

03-26-2014, 05:12 PM
If you were you would know the garbage coming out as truth by some reporter that's had at least 5 jobs and is STILL trying to make a name for herself at a tv station has stooped to such a low with an "anonymous informant" and could actually make a report based on that, is the type of reporter that will do anything for attention.
If law enforcement can use anonymous informants, then why can't the media use informants?

In law enforcement, informants are considered to be untrustworthy slime, BUT the job could not get done without them because they usually have valuable inside information that is beyond our reach. However, in this case, it appears that the reporter is using a former LEO as an informant because the informant has valuable inside information that is beyond the media's reach.

It's an interesting twist.

03-26-2014, 09:20 PM
If you were you would know the garbage coming out as truth by some reporter that's had at least 5 jobs and is STILL trying to make a name for herself at a tv station has stooped to such a low with an "anonymous informant" and could actually make a report based on that, is the type of reporter that will do anything for attention.
If law enforcement can use anonymous informants, then why can't the media use informants?

In law enforcement, informants are considered to be untrustworthy slime, BUT the job could not get done without them because they usually have valuable inside information that is beyond our reach. However, in this case, it appears that the reporter is using a former LEO as an informant because the informant has valuable inside information that is beyond the media's reach.

It's an interesting twist.

Do you know anything about this job? If you did you would know that anonymous informants are not used for fact, they hold no credibility in the eyes of the law. Now confidential informants to but they are not anonymous. Your credibility is crap and if you are a cop I see you as a tree sitter and not very active because you really do not know your job. As far as the reporter goes, she and the news station should be ashamed of themselves. Reporting with no facts other than most likely someone that was fired and has an axe to grind. I listened to the interview and I would say that person is fabricating this story because of he feels wronged for his wrong doing. Besides, who would feel like Melanie Turner could make them not feel like a man. That so called informant is pathetic and will always be.

03-26-2014, 11:34 PM
Do you know anything about this job? If you did you would know that anonymous informants are not used for fact, they hold no credibility in the eyes of the law. Now confidential informants to but they are not anonymous. Your credibility is crap and if you are a cop I see you as a tree sitter and not very active because you really do not know your job. As far as the reporter goes, she and the news station should be ashamed of themselves. Reporting with no facts other than most likely someone that was fired and has an axe to grind. I listened to the interview and I would say that person is fabricating this story because of he feels wronged for his wrong doing. Besides, who would feel like Melanie Turner could make them not feel like a man. That so called informant is pathetic and will always be.

You must have slept through class when Illinois v. Gates was taught.

Do you have any evidence that proves the former officer has fabricated any of his statements?
Do you have any evidence that this former officer was fired?
Do you know who the person is?
If you answer no to any of those questions, then you are the one who "is pathetic and will always be."
Do you know saying "most likely" means you have no proof or evidence to back up anything you have stated?
In other words you are making a blind uninformed guess.

Did you take note at the start of the interview that several other former officers have contacted the station with similar information?

The person was right in fearing retaliation for coming forward. There are some real vidictive sob's here. Which you are one I'm sure.

Do you know what would put any end to all this? The SAO calling up a good old Grand Jury.

03-27-2014, 01:30 AM

You must have slept through class when Illinois v. Gates was taught.

Do you have any evidence that proves the former officer has fabricated any of his statements?
Do you have any evidence that this former officer was fired?
Do you know who the person is?
If you answer no to any of those questions, then you are the one who "is pathetic and will always be."
Do you know saying "most likely" means you have no proof or evidence to back up anything you have stated?
In other words you are making a blind uninformed guess.

Did you take note at the start of the interview that several other former officers have contacted the station with similar information?

The person was right in fearing retaliation for coming forward. There are some real vidictive sob's here. Which you are one I'm sure.

Do you know what would put any end to all this? The SAO calling up a good old Grand Jury.

You are a Douche Bag!

03-27-2014, 11:09 AM
You are a Douche Bag! :roll:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but a douche bag is something that is used to have a cleansing effect on stanky skank. Which would make it a compliment. :devil:

See also enema. :D

03-27-2014, 12:29 PM
You are a Douche Bag! :roll:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but a douche bag is something that is used to have a cleansing effect on stanky skank. Which would make it a compliment. :devil:

See also enema. :D
See below example.
[youtube:1r4td063]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKofnVkUwBA[/youtube:1r4td063]

03-27-2014, 01:31 PM
Here's the video for the last two WWSB stories -- I tried to embed them, but it didn't seem to work for me. Right click and select "Open in new tab":

http://eplayer.clipsyndicate.com/embed/iframe?aspect_ratio=16x9&auto_next=1&auto_start=0&page_count=5&pf_id=9317&pl_id=19126&rel=3&show_title=1&va_id=5005345&volume=8&windows=1

http://eplayer.clipsyndicate.com/embed/iframe?aspect_ratio=16x9&auto_start=0&pf_id=9317&rel=3&show_title=0&va_id=5007513&volume=8&windows=1

As an outsider looking in, this looks bad and very credible. It's the only thing that puts the allegations made against Turner and Urbina in any kind of believable scenario, as the events so far, as played out in the public eye have no context and make no sense. Why on earth would an on-duty cop handcuff a woman and then go into a bedroom with her and another woman, all in full view of other off-duty police officers? It only makes sense to John Q. out here if it happened within a context of regular accepted behavior.

I am not saying any of this is true or false, so don't blast me on that. I'm just saying that this scenario, as described on WWSB in the above clips, makes sense and is very believable to the public as it explains the unbelievable events so far within a believable context. To some of us older folks, this isn't the first time this kind of thing has been described. A well-known fictional telling of much the same story was well-known a New York Times bestseller four decades ago:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/5/5a/Choirboys.jpg/200px-Choirboys.jpg

It's still a good read some 40 years later and I recommend it within the context of current events, if only so you can understand how the public (right or wrong) perceives your agency.

(It was also made into a semi-lame movie that pushed slapstick too much into the story. You can currently stream it on Netflix, but it really is a different tale than the book.)

03-27-2014, 04:42 PM

Are you an idiot or just pretending to be one? The informant isn't anonymous to the TV station, but to viewers just as an informant used by law enforcement isn't anonymous to law enforcement, but to everyone else.

Please keep your anonymous idiocy to yourself and spare us the agony.

03-27-2014, 06:50 PM
Here's the video for the last two WWSB stories -- I tried to embed them, but it didn't seem to work for me.
The phpBB message boards only allow embeding YouTube video files for whatever reason.

As an outsider looking in, this looks bad and very credible. It's the only thing that puts the allegations made against Turner and Urbina in any kind of believable scenario, as the events so far, as played out in the public eye have no context and make no sense. Why on earth would an on-duty cop handcuff a woman and then go into a bedroom with her and another woman, all in full view of other off-duty police officers? It only makes sense to John Q. out here if it happened within a context of regular accepted behavior.

I am not saying any of this is true or false, so don't blast me on that. I'm just saying that this scenario, as described on WWSB in the above clips, makes sense and is very believable to the public as it explains the unbelievable events so far within a believable context. To some of us older folks, this isn't the first time this kind of thing has been described. A well-known fictional telling of much the same story was well-known a New York Times bestseller four decades ago:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/5/5a/Choirboys.jpg/200px-Choirboys.jpg

It's still a good read some 40 years later and I recommend it within the context of current events, if only so you can understand how the public (right or wrong) perceives your agency.

(It was also made into a semi-lame movie that pushed slapstick too much into the story. You can currently stream it on Netflix, but it really is a different tale than the book.)

I recommend another Wombaugh police themed novel "The New Centurions."

The major theme of the book is what defines a veteran officer and how those traits are passed on to a rookie.

As each rookie becomes a veteran they pass those traits onto the next wave of new comers.
Not only do they pass on what they learned, but they also add their own individual uniqueness to the habits they pick up, whether for better or worse.
For about the last two decades it seems to be for the worse and shows no sign of getting better.
It is this uninterrupted process that has placed the PD in the situation it finds it's self in today.

03-27-2014, 10:38 PM
I recommend another Wombaugh police themed novel "The New Centurions."

Groan.

All of Wambaugh's novels are "police themed." And it's Wambaugh, not Wombaugh. Spelling does count when discussing literature. The New Centurians is about as on-point as The Onion Field, The Hobbit, and Zen And The Art Of Motorcycle Maintenance. Stop being pretensive and retarded. Just stop.

03-28-2014, 01:24 AM
[quote="Steve Z.":ufp38e5h] Stop being pretensive and retarded. Just stop.[/quote:ufp38e5h]
I believe you mean "pretentious".
Ain't ya just be'in a little two danged picky? This hears a messengin bored, not the New Yok Times.

03-28-2014, 08:26 AM
I believe you mean "pretentious".

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090819180839/uncyclopedia/images/1/13/Thats_the_joke.jpg

03-28-2014, 09:14 AM
Even if it was sometime ago, I wittnessed numerous fellow officers drink to excess at our PBA meetings. One or two coolers of "Bud" were always the standard on hand at the meetings.

The meetings were held at a local NP restaurant after hours in the late afternoon or early evening. It was not uncommon for the officers to drive home after the meeting feeling no pain at all.
In fact some of the officers who worked night shift would even report for duty less then six hours later. Sgt. Cpl. and patrol officers alike.
Your talking about the old "Sugars Restaurant" at the Winn Dixie Shopping Center.

03-29-2014, 01:36 AM
I remember one time that I saw an officer spit on the street and another time when an officer through a cigarette out of his patrol car window.

03-29-2014, 01:01 PM
I remember one time that I saw an officer spit on the street and another time when an officer through a cigarette out of his patrol car window.

Lets see, Urbina admitts to handcuffing and engaging in a sex act, while on duty at a party.
Turner admitts to to consuming excessive amounts of alcohol and blacking out. Now that means she is unable to report to duty if called to do so, which is a violation of department regs. Wonder how she left the party? Did she walk or drive? Want to take a bet whcih one?
A former officer states that these types of actions are common place through out the department.
Another person gives and example how this has been going on in the department for some time.

As for your cigarette comment *sshole:
590.10?Disposing of lighted substances, etc.—(1)?It is unlawful for any person to throw, drop, or dispose of a lighted match, cigarette, cigar, ashes, or other flaming or glowing substance, or any substance or thing which may or does cause a wildfire.
(2)?Anyone who violates this section commits a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

It was such that started the wildfire at the corner of Shorewood and Trentwood two weeks ago that started that fire and placed several other officers homes in danger in that area.

"Get him", do you have any other smart ass remarks you want make?

Here is another nice big cup of shut the f**k up.
http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20140328/ARTICLE/140329624/2081/NEWS?p=1&tc=pg
Published: Friday, March 28, 2014 at 4:37 p.m.
Last Modified: Friday, March 28, 2014 at 4:37 p.m.

NORTH PORT - When questioned about an alleged sexual battery earlier this month, North Port police officer Ricky Urbina told investigators that the encounter occurred but was consensual.

A second officer who would later be charged in the case told investigators that she had no memory of the incident because she had been drinking excessively.

Those statements, along with a few other new details from the Sarasota County Sheriff's Office investigation, were released in court documents days after Urbina died.

Urbina, 44, apparently shot and killed himself on March 20 after agreeing to meet deputies who were on the way to arrest him.

He and a fellow officer, Melanie Turner, 33, had been the target of a weeks-long investigation after a woman said that the two had sexually assaulted her at a March 1 birthday party attended by other North Port police officers.

The victim said Urbina handcuffed her, and that he and Turner took her into a bedroom and assaulted her while she was bound, according to a probable cause affidavit from the investigation.

Later, after deputies responded to the reported assault, Urbina told a detective that he had consensual sexual contact with the woman after she had been behaving “affectionately” toward him at the party.

He described his handcuffing of her as a “cop role playing game” and said that the woman never objected to his or Turner's actions.

But the detective wrote that none of the witnesses corroborated Urbina's version of events. They instead supported the account of the woman, who they said emerged crying from the bedroom to report having been assaulted.

According to the probable cause affidavit, Turner told the detective that she had no memory of the night of March 1 because she had been drinking alcohol “excessively,” consuming several shots and several large glasses of wine.

She remembered only that a person, unnamed in the report, had yelled at her just before she left the party.

Turner was arrested on March 20, the same day that Urbina died, and charged with being a principal to a sexual battery and false imprisonment.

She was released from the Sarasota County Jail after posting bail in the amount of $200,000 and is due in court for an arraignment on April 25.

Urbina also would have faced charges of sexual battery and false imprisonment.

The North Port Police Department is conducting the investigation into his death.

03-29-2014, 02:48 PM
Oh yeah, well I heard every officer in the department gets naked daily in their showers and sometimes say bad words.

03-29-2014, 09:37 PM
Oh yeah, well I heard every officer in the department gets naked daily in their showers and sometimes say bad words.

http://www.bigmediadaily.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/Reno911-s6-700x464.jpg

03-29-2014, 10:35 PM
Yea that about fits the description North Port 911 instead of Reno 911. Perfect Match.

03-30-2014, 02:12 AM
Yea that about fits the description North Port 911 instead of Reno 911. Perfect Match.

Not done with your department crucifixion yet, huh?