PDA

View Full Version : Trump National Doral Theft

02-12-2014, 12:21 AM
Golfers robbed of thousands in valuables at Trump Resort

Posted: Feb 11, 2014 7:02 PM EST

DORAL, Fla. (WSVN) -- Two men who were staying at the new Trump National Doral Miami were robbed of thousands of dollars worth in valuables and the resort's management, they said, only made things worse.

"You've got a great piece of property there. I think the management screwed up with security," resort guest Dr. Lloyd King said.

King said the resort poorly handled a case where he was robbed of his cash and jewelry, worth thousands of dollars, during his visit last week. "The general manager could've said to me, 'Dr. King, I'm so sorry, but let me take care of either your vacation, a round of golf, let me buy you a drink.' Nothing. There was no remorse," King said.

The Tennessee doctor said his room was not ready when he arrived, so he left his luggage with the bellhop and went to practice his golf swing at the range. According to King, that is when he removed his platinum wedding ring and Rolex watch, leaving them, along with his wallet, in his golf bag on his golf cart, just 15 feet away. "When the cart girl came to buy a drink, I opened my wallet, and all that was left in my wallet was about seven singles," King said.

According to the police report, King reported $500 in cash, a Rolex watch worth $4,000 and his platinum wedding ring worth $2,500; all gone. "You can't replace a wedding ring," King said. "I mean, I can go buy another one, but this was, you know, a special ring for me."

King also said several hundred dollars also disappeared from his friend's golf bag. No one witnessed a thing.

The alleged theft coincided with the unveiling of the redesigned Blue Monster Golf Course Thursday with resort owner Donald Trump on hand. Hundreds of millions of dollars were spent in improvements and construction is still being done, but King said, they are no surveillance cameras where his valuables disappeared. "I've been to the most gorgeous places," King said. "That's something you don't want to worry about."

Doral Police declined to comment, saying the investigation is still ongoing.

Phone calls and e-mails to the resort went unanswered. A spokesperson for the resort said they are conducting a full investigation.

If you have any information on this alleged theft, call Miami-Dade Crime Stoppers at 305-471-TIPS. Remember, you can always remain anonymous, and you may be eligible for a reward.

02-12-2014, 01:06 AM
And your point is ????

02-12-2014, 01:59 AM
BIG GUY SUCKS! How's that for a post? Now get your butt to the Doral and write the report.

02-12-2014, 02:13 AM
I've stayed at Doral along with many golf resorts, I'm usually storing all my jewelry, wallets, etc in the safe in my room, if there isn't one than the hotel safe is the place. If you're playing golf at a resort I'm trying to figure out a purpose of having so much cash and jewelry on yourself. A couple of hundred in small bills should be plenty for tips and beer on the course, everything else can be signed for to the room. This is pretty standard in most golf resorts I've stayed at around the world. Regardless of where you stay at theft from the ignorant is high.

02-12-2014, 03:55 PM
I've stayed at Doral along with many golf resorts, I'm usually storing all my jewelry, wallets, etc in the safe in my room, if there isn't one than the hotel safe is the place. If you're playing golf at a resort I'm trying to figure out a purpose of having so much cash and jewelry on yourself. A couple of hundred in small bills should be plenty for tips and beer on the course, everything else can be signed for to the room. This is pretty standard in most golf resorts I've stayed at around the world. Regardless of where you stay at theft from the ignorant is high.

Okay Greg Norman...thanks for the thesis on your golfing experiences at resorts. Would you like to talk next about your scores? What type of gold clubs you use? No one cares to hear your stories. :roll:

02-12-2014, 07:43 PM
Well said. I couldn't agree more.

Regardless of where you stay at theft from the ignorant is high.