PDA

View Full Version : Job opening

01-25-2014, 04:54 AM
Have you heard? A new job opening at the sheriff"s office. Community Relations Coordinator and its promotional only. $52,000 per year Looks like Craig is going to finally get him a permanent position at the sheriffs office.
To those of you who thought once Morgan was gone good ole Craig would be gone to are going to get him as one of your permanent coworkers. Loving it :devil: :devil:

01-25-2014, 09:00 AM
The position could be dissolved or the new admin could just let Craig be Craig and terminate him for just cause. A new sheriff could also terminate him just 'cause.
I doubt Craig would want to stay post-Morgan anyway, it's not like it will be a warm environment and his protector won't be around to save him.

The more important question is how has the community relations unit benefitted our agency. We have the worst crime rating in Escambia County history, we answer more calls with fewer deputies than ever and the "community" that Craig and Morgan claim is helping us isn't doing anything. In fact, they sometimes work against us.

Let's be honest, the Community Relations program is yet another of Morgan's failures. Clean sweeps, citizens academies and neighborhood watch meetings filled with busy-bodies and squirrels are nothing more than window dressing on an outhouse. Sure, many of the citizens mean well but they're just unwitting players in Morgan's re-election campaign. It's time to reassign personnel and stop wasting money on this failing program.

Craig will be along shortly to quote stats of how many watch groups he has and how many citizens he's trained but the most important statistic that readers should know is that since Morgan has become sheriff, Escambia has become the most violent county in Florida.

01-31-2014, 05:00 AM
I have been looking through the employment section on the Sheriff Office website. Why are the people who sit in the office all day making more than a deputy. Lets cut some of these positions within the Sheriff Office that we don't need or lower some salaries to pay deputies what they are worth

01-31-2014, 11:31 PM
And what is listed doesn't necessary reflect the true salary. I'm quite sure it doesn't show the 10 and 12 percent "assignment" pay given to the Commanders and Colonels. I don't understand how Morgan and Haines can toot their own horn and brag about a 3% raise for the workers when they approved this assignment pay crap for the staff

02-01-2014, 12:55 AM
The Sheriff and Haines didn't get anyone the 3% raise the BOCC gave the raise and the Sheriff and Haines are lucky their employees were included. It won't last long though because Obama Care is going to kick in for the SO after this year and the health insurance is going up up up. The only reason it didn't change much this year is because switching to self insured, the admin had more control over what employees contribute and the BOCC increased the amount they subsidize.