PDA

View Full Version : betterwaytosolveproblem

11-29-2013, 04:46 AM
http://miami.cbslocal.com/2013/11/26/fh ... /#comments (http://miami.cbslocal.com/2013/11/26/fhp-trooper-donna-watts-last-stand/#comments)

So now she claims to be too "disabled" to work. all over a speeding cop car. Was it worth it?

Let's see, could she have just followed the car and radio in his tag number to Miami police dispatch and asked to speak to an on duty supervisor.

Could she have driven to Miami pd and made an apt with their IA.

Could she have stopped the car and then called for her supervisor and a supervisor from Miami pd? .... without drawing her gun and making it a gun on gun confrontation.

If she would have pulled me over with her gun drawn I would have drove off and driven straight to the Miami pd and radio'd in a lunatic female police officer just stopped me and pulled a gun on me. I would not have felt safe enough to get out of my car with the actions I saw on the tape but then again I would never drive that fast. Never ever would I drive that fast, even if I was chasing a robber, but none the less, two wrongs don't make a right. And in the end, was it worth it? I don't think so.

11-29-2013, 05:24 AM
Seems to me the bad guy was the one leading the high speed chase and refusing to stop. He put everybody's life in danger including his and the troopers. Any officer who would condone that and chastise the trooper is not a law enforcement officer but is an immoral person. Cops who will not do their job because it is another cop are not worth their salt. I wouldn't want to work with anyone who thinks that kind of behavior is proper.

11-29-2013, 06:01 AM
Seems to me the bad guy was the one leading the high speed chase and refusing to stop. He put everybody's life in danger including his and the troopers. Any officer who would condone that and chastise the trooper is not a law enforcement officer but is an immoral person. Cops who will not do their job because it is another cop are not worth their salt. I wouldn't want to work with anyone who thinks that kind of behavior is proper.
neither would I, did anything about that post condone speeding? Not one sentence. It stated there was a better way to handle that speeding cop. Pulling a gun on an armed cop in uniform is a good way to get in a shootout. I would wonder if she was a trooper impersonator because no one in their right mind would pull a gun on a cop in a marked uniform for a speeding infraction. She did not do her job correctly was what I got out of the post. She escalated what could have been a deadly firearm incident. You need a refresher course in reading comprehension if you got that anyone condones speeding from that post.

11-29-2013, 01:57 PM
Those cities should have never setlled she wouldn't have been able to show any real financial loss by them looking at a picture on DAVID. Give me a break they probably did it just to avoid more newspaper articles on it. What a joke.

11-29-2013, 02:38 PM
Those cities should have never setlled she wouldn't have been able to show any real financial loss by them looking at a picture on DAVID. Give me a break they probably did it just to avoid more newspaper articles on it. What a joke.

Actually you don't necessarily need to show a financial loss if someone violates your 4th amendment rights! It would have cost thousands of dollars at trial and any jury would
Have found in her favor. Quite simple, just because you have a badge does not give the right to do as you please or look up someone's personal information outside your official duties. AND YOU WONDER WHY THE PUBLIC IS INCREASINGLY HATING LEO'S. To them, all they see, day in and day out, is cops speeding and driving like idiots while they get ticketed. They see Leo's as believing they are sbove the law.

11-29-2013, 02:52 PM

Actually you don't necessarily need to show a financial loss if someone violates your 4th amendment rights! It would have cost thousands of dollars at trial and any jury would
Have found in her favor. Quite simple, just because you have a badge does not give the right to do as you please or look up someone's personal information outside your official duties. AND YOU WONDER WHY THE PUBLIC IS INCREASINGLY HATING LEO'S. To them, all they see, day in and day out, is cops speeding and driving like idiots while they get ticketed. They see Leo's as believing they are sbove the law.

Show me the payouts prior to this and the few were small ones also to someone who had DAVID or FCIC used on them. Usually it just gets the officer punished or fired in a few cases but not much to the person unless they can show actual damages. The lawyer is probably keeping half of these payments but it is still a joke to even settle imo.

11-29-2013, 03:42 PM
Public support is with the trooper. Too many cops forget are not entitled and police at the will of the people. I'm not saying the bad guys have sway over policing, but there are good people living in poor conditions who rely on LE to protect them.

11-29-2013, 03:55 PM
If its not about the money, I have a list of charities to send to her to donate the money to....

11-29-2013, 04:07 PM
Public support is with the trooper. Too many cops forget are not entitled and police at the will of the people. I'm not saying the bad guys have sway over policing, but there are good people living in poor conditions who rely on LE to protect them.

lol - the public just loves that a cop was pulled over by another cop. That is the reality here.

11-29-2013, 04:35 PM

Hey moron no one is questioning the ethics but the way protocol was not done. Get your facts straight. Cops don't go around stopping each other . Good way for someone to get hurt. Everyone has a boss was the idea behind it not go rogue and start playing internal affairs.

11-29-2013, 07:18 PM
Donna Jane Watts is an embarrassment to all law enforcement. Lopez is also an embarrassment. Both were wrong. Watts took the law into her own hands that day and disregarded the direct order of her superior, a sergeant who told her to discontinue her pursuit. She continued on with it in violation of FHP policy and FHP buried that fact and cleared her of any wrong doing. She should have been disciplined for failing to follow a direct order given to her by the sergeant on duty who told her to discontinue the pursuit. Hell she even stated on the radio that she thought the car belonged to DOT. She quickly lost all contact of the car yet she pulled over Lopez and acted so unprofessional. Lopez should have fought the charges as there is no way she could have ever proven that it was Lopez who passed her from her own in car video and audio.

I think Lopez had bad advice from his attorney by pleading to the charges. There was such an uproar I think attorney felt that Lopez would be convicted no matter what.

Fact Donna Jane Watts could not identify the car when it first passed her stating she thought it was a Florida Department of Transportation car, then she lost sight of the car for several minutes before she came up on Lopez who was at that time traveling with the flow of traffic at about 78 MPH.

While I believe it was Lopez the fact remains Donna Jane Watts could not and can not to this day identify Lopez and his car as the one that passed her that morning.

11-30-2013, 08:53 PM
Donna Jane Watts is an embarrassment to all law enforcement. Lopez is also an embarrassment. Both were wrong. Watts took the law into her own hands that day and disregarded the direct order of her superior, a sergeant who told her to discontinue her pursuit. She continued on with it in violation of FHP policy and FHP buried that fact and cleared her of any wrong doing. She should have been disciplined for failing to follow a direct order given to her by the sergeant on duty who told her to discontinue the pursuit. Hell she even stated on the radio that she thought the car belonged to DOT. She quickly lost all contact of the car yet she pulled over Lopez and acted so unprofessional. Lopez should have fought the charges as there is no way she could have ever proven that it was Lopez who passed her from her own in car video and audio.

I think Lopez had bad advice from his attorney by pleading to the charges. There was such an uproar I think attorney felt that Lopez would be convicted no matter what.

Fact Donna Jane Watts could not identify the car when it first passed her stating she thought it was a Florida Department of Transportation car, then she lost sight of the car for several minutes before she came up on Lopez who was at that time traveling with the flow of traffic at about 78 MPH.

While I believe it was Lopez the fact remains Donna Jane Watts could not and can not to this day identify Lopez and his car as the one that passed her that morning.
Best post on this thread!

11-30-2013, 10:04 PM

Watts was 10 times the embarrasment as the other LEO. Not even close.

12-01-2013, 06:08 AM
Watts is S20 and straight up trailer trash.
If you were to kick her in the chin on any given day any one of her
brothers would immediately become fertile.
Lopez could have beat that one too, even though he was in the wrong.
FHP from Major and above is mostly incompetent.