PDA

View Full Version : City of Doral Employees

11-19-2013, 12:59 AM
Who here is tired of getting unfair compensation for the most dangerous job in the world? At any moments notice, we must be prepared to fight for our lives and the lives of those around us. This is the profession we have chosen to undertake at the expense of our health, time with our family, and never being able to have a "Normal" life.

The City of Doral has chosen to take an approach with their officers who sacrifice so much, that they need to be fiscally conservative. To that I say; Stop bragging about all the money you have in reserves. Stop building park after park for the people we loyally protect. Stop pretending to appreciate us at every event, and then slap us in the face with insulting contract offers.

This city is run like a third world country, and it is being brought to light with the headlines. People will soon see how underpaid all Doral employess are, not just the men and women who sacrifice. The cameras will continue rolling at city hall.......

11-19-2013, 02:42 AM
Who here is tired of getting unfair compensation for the most dangerous job in the world? At any moments notice, we must be prepared to fight for our lives and the lives of those around us. This is the profession we have chosen to undertake at the expense of our health, time with our family, and never being able to have a "Normal" life.

The City of Doral has chosen to take an approach with their officers who sacrifice so much, that they need to be fiscally conservative. To that I say; Stop bragging about all the money you have in reserves. Stop building park after park for the people we loyally protect. Stop pretending to appreciate us at every event, and then slap us in the face with insulting contract offers.

This city is run like a third world country, and it is being brought to light with the headlines. People will soon see how underpaid all Doral employess are, not just the men and women who sacrifice. The cameras will continue rolling at city hall.......

"BRAVO MEDIA, BRAVO", every time I, or a few others come on one of the Doral Sites on LEO AFFAIRS, and we try to make others understand that this administration, and by that I mean Carollo, the chief and a few others, will never, give the hard working men and women of the Doral Police Department a pay raise, others attack us personally on the sites. If others haven't heard yet, once again, the city has decided to back out in our negotiations for a pay raise. So Now, we are going to IMPASSE. They continue to promote their own, they make the big bucks while the back bone of the police department, (patrol) get shafted over and over again. People, open your eyes and realize that when it comes down to retire, our pension will be a drop in the bucket compared to others. I love working here, but I also want financial security for me and my family. We need to get involved, it's our future, not theirs!

11-19-2013, 03:13 AM
the only ones who don't give a damn about pay raises is the orlando sanchez and munecas and his little blind followers. they get their raises with their promotions and overtime and as long as they are loyal to the administration, they get whata they want, while we get nothing. I was told that negotiations were going well and we were getting our raises. Now we're going to Impasse. What a joke this place truly is.

11-19-2013, 03:21 AM
I heard we were offered a 3% raise every year for the life of the contract and the off duty rate to go up to 36.50 an hour and these jerks said no thank you. What kind of BS is that. How come I don't have a say on this?? I'll take the money now and worry about more next contract.

11-19-2013, 03:35 AM
I heard we were offered a 3% raise every year for the life of the contract and the off duty rate to go up to 36.50 an hour and these jerks said no thank you. What kind of BS is that. How come I don't have a say on this?? I'll take the money now and worry about more next contract.

Patrol Guy, what I heard is that the city refused to grant us a pay raise. They basically pulled away from negotiations and want to go to impasse. Which I think it means it goes before the council. If that's the case, I don't know which way they will vote. But I would not count on a raise. But hey, no biggie, we got a brand spanking new police building.

11-19-2013, 03:41 AM
the only ones who don't give a damn about pay raises is the orlando sanchez and munecas and his little blind followers. they get their raises with their promotions and overtime and as long as they are loyal to the administration, they get whata they want, while we get nothing. I was told that negotiations were going well and we were getting our raises. Now we're going to Impasse. What a joke this place truly is.

Bucket Head, please go back to school you retard! The two names that you mentioned have nothing to do with us not getting a raise.

11-19-2013, 04:07 AM
I'll take the 3% raise this year and every year after that. I'll take a raise in pay for my off duties as well. When is the vote??

11-19-2013, 05:21 AM
I'll take the 3% raise this year and every year after that. I'll take a raise in pay for my off duties as well. When is the vote??

I agree. When do we vote??

11-19-2013, 11:50 AM
Let's not insult people here. Now is the time to unify regardless of rank, and fight for a good cause. They didn't offer us a 3% raise every year for the life of our career. They offered 3%, but it might be 2% one year and then 4% the next. They also want to take midnight differential, and then not count our off duty towards the pension. So in all actuality they were proposing cuts to our pension which is much more important. If you care so much then show up to the meeting and voice your opinion.

11-19-2013, 12:12 PM
Wrong! 3% is each year for life of contract. Night differential is $2.00 an hour which is about 9% for me. As far as the off duty goes the rate goes up from $32 an hour to 36.50. Instead of being pensionable the money goes in my pocket to do with as I please. The civilians as well as the rest of the city will get the 3% but Granda and his do nothin pals want to go to impasse and try to get more. I'm for taking a raise now. When do we vote???

11-19-2013, 12:53 PM
Wrong! 3% is each year for life of contract. Night differential is $2.00 an hour which is about 9% for me. As far as the off duty goes the rate goes up from $32 an hour to 36.50. Instead of being pensionable the money goes in my pocket to do with as I please. The civilians as well as the rest of the city will get the 3% but Granda and his do nothin pals want to go to impasse and try to get more. I'm for taking a raise now. When do we vote???

I checked yesterday. We are the ones that are declaring impasse even though we have an offer on the table. Nothing has to go before Council. In addition, no judge or arbitrator will ever side with us once they learn that the city made us an offer and we decided to declare impasse without letting the membership consider to offer with a vote.

11-19-2013, 07:21 PM
Let's all apply somewhere else and leave this city to the rookies. That's what they want anyways... :x :shock: :evil:

11-19-2013, 07:28 PM
Are you kidding me. You aren't going anywhere you lazy slug. I'd be happy with the 3% raise that you don't want. Go apply somewhere else. Maybe Sweetwater or Opa locka will hire you. Let me know how that works out. LOL

11-20-2013, 12:08 AM

Bucket Head, please go back to school you retard! The two names that you mentioned have nothing to do with us not getting a raise.

Hey Tarzan, if anyone needs to go back to school is you. Where do you read in my opinion that those two slugs have anything to do with us not getting a pay raise? If you can read English, what I wrote was that they don't give a damn about pay raises. They don't care about it at all. So before you come after me, get your G.E.D. and learn to read.

11-20-2013, 01:06 AM

I checked yesterday. We are the ones that are declaring impasse even though we have an offer on the table. Nothing has to go before Council. In addition, no judge or arbitrator will ever side with us once they learn that the city made us an offer and we decided to declare impasse without letting the membership consider to offer with a vote.

I agree.

11-20-2013, 10:41 PM

Ralph, you are the most ignorant person that god brought to our world. If they take away your off duties from pension, your base salary when you retired will be a piece of crap. Please don't write such of a stupid statement like that ever again. We all deserve better.

11-20-2013, 11:04 PM
[quote="Bucket Head":31dt03mj]the only ones who don't give a damn about pay raises is the orlando sanchez and munecas and his little blind followers. they get their raises with their promotions and overtime and as long as they are loyal to the administration, they get whata they want, while we get nothing. I was told that negotiations were going well and we were getting our raises. Now we're going to Impasse. What a joke this place truly is.

Hey Tarzan, if anyone needs to go back to school is you. Where do you read in my opinion that those two slugs have anything to do with us not getting a pay raise? If you can read English, what I wrote was that they don't give a damn about pay raises. They don't care about it at all. So before you come after me, get your G.E.D. and learn to read.[/quote:31dt03mj]

I think your jealous.........! Last time I checked, lieutenants don't get pay for overtime. I think Tarzan hurt your feelings.

11-21-2013, 01:26 AM
[quote=Tarzan][quote="Bucket Head":2w7vajsx]the only ones who don't give a damn about pay raises is the orlando sanchez and munecas and his little blind followers. they get their raises with their promotions and overtime and as long as they are loyal to the administration, they get whata they want, while we get nothing. I was told that negotiations were going well and we were getting our raises. Now we're going to Impasse. What a joke this place truly is.

Hey Tarzan, if anyone needs to go back to school is you. Where do you read in my opinion that those two slugs have anything to do with us not getting a pay raise? If you can read English, what I wrote was that they don't give a damn about pay raises. They don't care about it at all. So before you come after me, get your G.E.D. and learn to read.[/quote:2w7vajsx]

I think your jealous.........! Last time I checked, lieutenants don't get pay for overtime. I think Tarzan hurt your feelings.[/quote:2w7vajsx]

LOL, no little guy, Tarzan did not hurt my feelings. But, you wont believe this, but Tarzan is absolutely right what he told Ralph with his comments about taking away the extra duty in our pension. I AGREE WITH TARZAN!

11-21-2013, 02:17 AM

Ralph, you are the most ignorant person that god brought to our world. If they take away your off duties from pension, your base salary when you retired will be a piece of crap. Please don't write such of a stupid statement like that ever again. We all deserve better.

I agree with Ralph. I'll take a boost in off duties and keep the money in my pocket. When do we vote?

11-21-2013, 08:02 PM
Are you kidding me. You aren't going anywhere you lazy slug. I'd be happy with the 3% raise that you don't want. Go apply somewhere else. Maybe Sweetwater or Opa locka will hire you. Let me know how that works out. LOL

This is the talk of a rooky! wait till you have more than 10 years like must of us idiota! and making 47k a year and you HAVE TO work all days off to make a living. You think that bc you do a few 19s and a few 52s that you are supper cop. Stay in this dept bc you wont make it anywhere else. Learn to be a cop not a security guard for the city. You want to be a good cop, do 13 area checks and catch the bad guys. stop writing over price citations to the residence of Doral. Why am I talking to you, you are an idiot...

11-22-2013, 12:21 AM

I agree with Ralph. I'll take a boost in off duties and keep the money in my pocket. When do we vote?

You most be a Trooper! Two dollars more will make you super rich right? I'll go visit you at Publix packing bags because your base salary was 50,000 when you retired from the police department. Great statement from your part. I' bet it took you all day to come up with that decision.

11-22-2013, 03:51 AM
I got a great idea. Lets tell the city we don't want their stinking 3% raise and declare an impasse. Them we can wait about a year and if we get our way we might get an additional one percent raise. If we lose we get zero. Sounds like a plan. Way to go Granda.

11-22-2013, 09:37 PM

This is the talk of a rooky! wait till you have more than 10 years like must of us idiota! and making 47k a year and you HAVE TO work all days off to make a living. You think that bc you do a few 19s and a few 52s that you are supper cop. Stay in this dept bc you wont make it anywhere else. Learn to be a cop not a security guard for the city. You want to be a good cop, do 13 area checks and catch the bad guys. stop writing over price citations to the residence of Doral. Why am I talking to you, you are an idiot...
So my question to guessme is why haven't you left! Because you are such an old fart with experience. So then go to a department that will give you what you think you deserve with all your wonderful experience. Oh that's right, no body wants you, because you are a cry baby and thinks he knows it all and your experience apparently has gotten you no where because you don't know what your doing and you suck. :lol: